Position Title: Outdoor Events Coordinator
Team: Property Operations
Position Location: The Distillery Historic District, Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: General Manager
About Us - Dundee Realty Corporation & The Distillery Historic District
Dundee is an exceptionally dynamic and entrepreneurial organization. We seek out the best in everything we do. Our team is knowledgeable, diligent and dedicated and we share a real passion for our business and the desire to excel. Dundee is grounded in core organizational values including integrity, respect, fairness, transparency and accountability.
Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing a dynamic and rewarding environment in which our employees can thrive, including: promoting teamwork, communication, creativity and productivity; rewarding employees with professional and personal growth; encouraging continuous learning opportunities; providing competitive recognition and rewards programs; and, supporting a culture that values and respects employees and their ideas.
The Distillery District is looking to hire an Outdoor Events Coordinator, with a minimum of 3 years of experience responsible for the outdoor events program. Our events coordinator will have a passion for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Outdoor events at The Distillery are to focus on animating and attracting visitors and customers to the site. These events include, but are not limited to festivals, filming, special events, artisan vendor booths, and independent displays or shows. Events are chosen to be executed in line with the aesthetic appeal and brand of The Distillery District. Responsibilities include:
Event Planning and Production:
- Research and design new event and festival concepts for The Distillery District;
- Gather information on potential events to host, and attract high quality event productions to the site;
- Lease outdoor space for promotions and events and coordinating the event with Distillery Operations;
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process;
- Serve as liaison with vendors and clients on event-related matters;
- Co-ordinate festivals in the interest of Distillery District tenants and manage relationships with surrounding neighbourhood;
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up requirements for events as necessary;
- Close out all events as required;
- Selling and coordinating commercial film shoots and photo permit operations;
- Obtain required special event licensing and permits: road closures, liquor licensing; and
- Manage inquiries for commercial filming; facilitate commercial film shoots onsite.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar;
- Prepare event contracts and correspondence as required;
- Update events content on website, Facebook, social media and online event calendars; and
- Represent The Distillery at various, local/city/BIA meetings and association networks.
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Assisting with the preparation of annual events budget and executing same;
- Assisting with developing and executing Distillery public relations programs;
- Maintain Distillery website;
- Maintain Distillery Facebook account and social media platforms;
- Co-contribute to the creation of The Distillery newsletter, tenant notices and eblasts;
- Knowledge of website development, print media, online survey software, SEO; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in outdoor events and facility management;
- At least 3 years of outdoor event co-ordination experience specifically festivals and large scale outdoor events;
- Diploma/degree in event/festival co-ordination;
- Keen knowledge of social media platforms, usage and communication techniques;
- Excellent customer service and client management abilities;
- Experience in retail specialty leasing an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone with high level of professionalism;
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding customer service ethic and high expectations for quality;
- Personable, organized, diligent and professional;
- “Can Do” Attitude; and
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web searches.