Reporting to the Geographic Team Leader, and working as part of an operations group that manages forest planning, harvest and haul operations, road construction, and silviculture, the primary responsibilities of the Silviculture Forester are to:
1. Act as a safety role model and safety ambassador, both internally to Weyerhaeuser and with external contacts.
2. Develop plans for, and implement, silviculture operational activities in cooperation with other geographic team members. These will include developing site prescriptions, site preparation, stand tending, tree planting, and silviculture surveys.
3. Ensure a high level of safety and environmental training and performance is maintained in our contractor workforce, including conformance to the Pembina Timberlands’ Contractor Safety Management System and our Environmental Management System.
4. Ensure operations have obtained all necessary approvals (government, stakeholders, land use, road use, etc) and conditions/expectations identified in these approvals are met.
5. Work with the Team Leader to ensure costs are understood, tracked, and actions are taken to meet or exceed plan expectations.
6. Cooperate with the other operations team members to maximize efficiencies though the Timberlands value chain.
7. Maintain strong working relationships with Alberta Government and other contacts.
Requirements: (Qualifications and Attributes)
Safety and responsible environment stewardship as core values
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with a collaborative interpersonal approach
- Strong analytical abilities and a continuous improvement mentality to drive improvements in both regeneration success rates and costs.
- Strong organizational skills; a “systems” approach to planning and operations.
- Strong results orientation and an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with team members and a diverse group of customers and stakeholders.
- Comfort working with large data sets and / or forestry planning systems would be an asset.
- B.Sc. in Forestry or a related environmental field, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Eligibility to apply for Alberta RPF status would be considered an asset.
- B.Sc. in Forestry or a related environmental field, or a comparable combination of education and experience. Eligibility to apply for Alberta RPF status would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years experience related to aspects of this role.
Apply online at: http://www.workinthewoods.com/display-job/1004/Silviculture-Forester.html?searchId=1384982649.2561&page=1#sthash.3zEVZMT0.dpuf