Vancouver Island Recruiters have been retained by a well respected and growing Victoria Development Company in a confidential search for an experienced Site Supervisor. Reporting directly to the Project Manager, this person will be responsible for overseeing real estate development projects. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong initiative and an ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals, and has proven capabilities in multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing workloads.
- Overseeing all site activities by any and all sub-trades each day;
- Assisting with maintaining the construction schedule and work efficiency over the course of the entire duration of the project;
- Liaison between the Project Manager and the sub-trades, suppliers and workers to ensure that the project is built to the Project's drawing specifications;
- Using best efforts to resolve disputes between the various sub-trades, workers and suppliers;
- Assisting with coordinating inspections with the municipal building department having jurisdiction in the area including the final occupancy inspections;
- Communicating on a daily basis with the Project Manager regarding any concerns, discrepancies, additions, or alterations that may arise during the course of construction;
- Issuing work orders for any and all materials coming to the site;
- Discussing any additional work "extras" with the Project Manager before issuing any work orders for "extras";
- Keeping site in safe and orderly state as per Worker Compensation Board governing authorities and the Developer's Rules & Regulations;
- To conduct safety inspections, orientation and weekly safety meeting with sub-trades;
- Ensures all work is to the Developer's and industry standards;
- To implement quality control procedures.
- Minimum 5+ years of site supervision experience;
- Demonstrate effective communication and team building skills;
- Be results focused with a proven track record of accomplishments in the construction field;
- Possess knowledge of wood-frame, structural steel, commercial construction and concrete foundation construction processes, contracts, scheduling and quality control;
- Proven performance in leadership and managing both people and development sites;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, make recommendations for change, implement and evaluate and provide a strong process perspective;
Must have a valid drivers licence and reliable vehicle.
Our client offers a competitive wage and benefit package. Interested candidates should apply in confidence via this website to Vancouver Island Recruiter by close of business on September 12, 2014.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in a PDF format (due to computer viruses, we do not accept Word documents). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.