Now Hiring: Fleet Manager (Timmins, Ontario)
Take on the challenges and rewards of a career that will take you far.
Dumas is a leading full-service underground mining contractor providing services to clients throughout the Americas. We specialize in mine construction, mine development, production mining, mine services and engineering.
As a key leader in our company, you will use strong project and people management skills to accomplish and build on the following:
- Develop a world-class fleet rationalization program. As part of this project you will ensure full compatibility with Dumas’ supplier standards and OEM product model program.
- Develop and implement product lifecycle cost programs. As a key decision maker, you will determine the technological capabilities and software program requirements to align the fleet department’s processes with business objectives.
- Work with OEM and Global Mining Company to develop a product to reduce emissions and fuel burn by an agreed-upon target. You will quickly learn that Dumas is a leading innovator, winning plenty of innovation awards.
- Play an essential role in managing equipment for more than 14 site locations across multiple international and domestic regions.
- Supply chain management for mine sites
- P&L accountability
- Forecasting and scheduling equipment repairs
- Managing a multi-million dollar shop and repair budget
- Continuous improvement and systems management
- Track equipment lifecycle costs with respect to OEM specifications
- Vendor and fleet rationalization
- Align product lines
- Liaise with master mechanics and shop supervisors
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in fleet management
- Mechanical certification or engineering degree
- Thorough knowledge of underground mining equipment (for shaft sinking, raises, lateral development)
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Strong computer and technical skills
Why Join Us?
1. Excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits
2. Performance-based financial rewards
3. Commitment to health and safety
4. Training and career development
5. Global opportunities
If you have what it takes to be our next Fleet Manager, and you can demonstrate previous relevant accomplishments, please connect with our Recruitment Team.
Closing date: Friday, February 8, 2013