Dulux Paints Employee Reviews

entry level job
paint consultant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 February 2018
McDonald is a good job for a high school ages i was 12 when i started at McDonald's i was working with my best friend which was the best part of going to work everyday
Pros
50% off food
Cons
on your feet alot
Great job, Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON25 January 2018
Ive never seen a worse run place. These guys have no clue how to communicate between the head office and store level. High turnover and no compensation for doing multiple people's jobs. Low staff headcount makes it easy for the company to manipulate close working relationships to make employees do what they want. No negotiation process when asking for more money or addressing pay raises for increased responsibility. No security and expected to be in store alone at least an hour every day. Location makes no difference, if the expense doesn't immediately generate income, they won't spend it (I.e. Cameras to increase job safety) Just a very close minded company who thinks the work you do for them is as replaceable as a Mcdonalds worker.
Pros
Slow paces
Cons
Everything you can think of.
Slave work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2018
Corporate structure makes it very difficult to attain bonus. Upper management is a total mess. Will never work for them again. Demand is high on workers and managers with poor support from leadership above them. Retail work and pay.
Pros
Good for students
Cons
Stores are a mess. Feel sorry for managers and coworkers
great job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON17 January 2018
a great company to work for, a lot of communication with other companies and contacter, always a pleasure to help other with picking colours or help carrying the paint to the car
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 January 2018
Dulux is a great place to work the staff are great. Hours a re good and the people are great people to be around there are never a dull moment at Dulux Paints
Csr
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2017
Good work environment, healthy and safety updated regularly, very nice customers, manageable job load, a lot of opportunity for advancement, good benefits
Pros
health benefits
No advancements
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 October 2017
Had many different corporations buy us out. And have been an assistant manager for over 8 years waiting for the manager to retire and did not get the job i had worked for very hard. Instead an outsider was hired.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No advancement
great place to work
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
opening and cash
learned to help customers
learned cash maagemtn
calm clean comfortable environment to work in
lefting 60 lbs
closing the shop on own
not bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 September 2017
alright place to work, better to work at a locally owned and operated location rather than a corporate location. most customers are nice to deal with.
Very fun and atmospheric
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB24 August 2017
I have workes here for 6 months now, the benefits are great, team atmosphere is amazing, managers are informative and helpful. I never find myself intimidated when talking with hiigher ups. Outside the box ideas are very welcome.
Pros
Hands on training, great customer interactions, good physical work. Great benefits
Cons
Country music.
Knowledgeable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
My current workplace is delightful.

Learned a lot about colors.

Management is helpful.

workplace culture is relaxed.

the most enjoyable part of the job is that i get to work on new projects regularly.
Fun work place, but very physical
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 July 2017
enjoyable place to work. You get a lot of training, but physical work. They pay is average. Being a retail setting you will always get nice to bad customers. You always have to be ready for the job to become a fast pace job.
Great part time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2017
The Company provides excellent training on their products and it is a fun environment to work in. You get to assist people with your requirements and feel satisfied at the end of a shift.
Pros
reward points
Cons
Shift work including weekends
PPG ruined this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2017
Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Worked at 2 differant locations all with poor managment. Location in Kitchener drives their staff away. No room for advancement or raises. They only care about the corporate dollar value and not the well being of those who work on the front lines in their stores.
Pros
Few
Cons
Poor management skills
Great depending on location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  SW Ontario9 May 2017
I worked for Dulux for many years in Alberta and then moved to Ontario and transferred with them, which was easy to do and I got to keep the same pay which was great!

Unfortunately once I moved to a new market my manager treated me like an incompetent worker and played clear favourites with another employee. I decided to leave after my manager made it clear that she didn't like my presence, I later found out this is not the first time she has done this.

Amazing coworkers in both areas just no support from my SGM in the new market and they were more than happy to push me out the door. I was also lied to about what I would be receiving as severance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Terrible Work Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 May 2017
Long hours, no set schedules, always under pressure to meet sales deadlines, no appreciation when making sales goals, upper management not supportive, senior employees can do whatever they want with out any consequences, training is terrible because they teach you one thing and do another ... Great salary and benefits but not worth the stress ... do not recommend working here
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Bullying environment, too much gossip, terrible training
Great customer base and safe work enviroment.
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 April 2017
I would open or close depending on the schedule and have general duties such as set up deliveries in coming and out going, receive in coming orders, data entry. I also have previously held certificates in the proper use of PPE, TDG, WHIMIS and H2S.
Pros
good customers
Cons
wadge
Fun co-workers, fast pace industry
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 March 2017
I am always learning about the many products we have access to and making sure our customers get the right product for the job they are doing. Filling orders from the day before or any orders called in is the main duty each day. Restocking shelves, payments on accounts and helping customers with colour choices are typical day. Shipping and/or Receiving shipments as needed. Helping the manager with paper work and any filing. Talking with sales reps to see what their clients need for current and up coming projects.
Pros
customers
Cons
micro-management, lack of advancement
Disappointing company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  SW ontario14 March 2017
They talk a good game at annual meetings then fall short the rest of the year. No growth opportunities in smaller regions. Not all jobs have to be posted so you don't have a chance to apply for positions that come up. SGMs can bypass posting jobs and place people where they want despite experience and proven track records. They have a secret bonus system that no employee can figure out. When bonuses are paid there is no explanation of how they came up with numbers. Not everyone gets paid bonuses even if the store sells more than previous year. If you want to feel unappreciated this is the place for you. Current employee
Pros
Fun job, great customers
Cons
pay, bonuses, several stocking issues, held responsible for things one has no control of
Its ok for a job
SENIOR STORE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
As a company as a whole, its a decent company, especially with PPG owning it now. Immediate manager was great, actually most of the various store managers were good to work with.
Pros
Staff discounts