Dufresne Employee Reviews

Cliquey office environment, Management is terrible.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2017
If you don't fit in with the people there, good luck lasting longer than three months. Management is awful, they say they care about their employees but show absolutely no support when you're having issues. Instead they take sides, talk behind your back and then soon you will be let go.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Management is horrible
Great employer
Information Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 June 2017
The Dufresne Group is a great place to work. I've gotten tremendous opportunity at Dufresne and have been able to advance my career there. The people are all very friendly and are awesome to work with.

The business has been growing and therefore have been expanding into many new exciting things so there are lots of opportunities to get experience with different tools, technologies, etc.
Pros
Great people, competitive wages, interesting work
Fast paced growing company!
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2017
Dufresne is one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies for 17 years running and its easy to understand why. They offer competitive wages and benefits, a matching RRSP and education assistance programs and great discounts! Not only have they been around for over 30 years showing stability but they are growing too.

It is a fast paced environment but if you are up for the challenge there is endless opportunity for growth. I highly recommend Dufresne as a great place to work.
Manager, retail sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
No job is perfect - but this is pretty close. Good wages, good advancement opportunities, and great leadership.

Lots of job security. The company is growing and very stable. Hard to find in retail companies these days
Pros
Family operated, strong systems and structure
Cons
Retail hours
A great place to build a career!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kenora, ON13 March 2017
I have been with Dufresne for almost 6 years, and have had the opportunity to fine tune my customer service skills. I get to meet all kinds of people and help them make educated buying decisions, which makes for a happy customer when they receive their products into their new/ existing home. My fellow employees have become like family to me. The Dufresne group is always trying to find new ways to keep their employees feeling appreciated / motivated. They do an employee satisfaction survey every year, and so far every year they have listened to the results and made positive actions to make working for them even better! There are opportunities to move into management roles, some locations more than others. The wages are certainly above average, and so far all of the management I have had the pleasure to deal with have been friendly and appreciative of my work. It is a growing company that can provide you with great job security!
Pros
benefits/wages/RRSP
Cons
working weekends!
Managers need management skills!
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 November 2016
I would recommend this company depending on the department you are in. There is a lot of family and friends, so be careful who you say things to. Management, well a hand full of them don't know how to manage or talk to their employees in situations where they need to be non biased, they are completely biased and don't give you the time of day to give your side to say something, if you get to say anything it really means nothing. If given the opportunity to go back I wouldn't. They did a survey that showed most employees would not recommend TDG as a company to work for.
Pros
They try to care
Cons
People are friendly
Never work for this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Store Manager11 August 2016
They give you big promises and of course they are very misleading.
Full of internal politics with zero advancement opportunities.

the existing employees would not let you settle down coz they all are scared to have loose their job!!
Pros
you work for a furniture company
Cons
very stress full enviornment - low wages
Average workplace with no advancement opoortunities
OOM Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2016
I found the company to be very typical, just like any other. We could take or leave the job, but we always went to the wall for our fellow coworkers and loved each other dearly. Management? Well, that's another story.
Pros
Free reign to do your job
Cons
No advancement opportunities