DUFFERIN CONSTRUCTION

DUFFERIN CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great emphasis on personal growth
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: quick learning
Cons: excessive amount of hours
Learned a great deal, sink or swim mentality. Company is an open book and keeps their workers extremely involved and educated. Great place to learn a lot in a short period of time.
very fast paced, giant work site. runway alone was 4.2 km long.
Runway Reinforcement Crew Forman (Former Employee), YYC calgary airportDecember 11, 2013
as foreman, the beginning of the day would start off with me picking up my crew at the cement plant and driving them out to site. we'd then go over the locations of the taxiways and runways that needed reinforcement baskets installed. we'd have our daily tool box meeting and go over the hazards which were pretty much the same day in day out, as this – more... job was very repetitious. i'd then begin filling out timecards for each person on my crew. a hour or so into the day i would meet up with my supervisor to discuss any changes or areas that needed to be done immediately so we could pave that day. i would then coordinate with my loader operator to have materials moved to these locations. this job taught me how to keep track of tools, materials and people on the jobsite. over all dufferin was great company to work for. – less
Great People, and Safety Culture.
Superintendent of Asphalt (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 7, 2013
Pros: vehicle, phone, people, safety culture
Cons: hours, job security, snow removal opperations
Work/Life balance varies based on job and position.
Job Security does not exist, regardless of your successes and/or failures.
People are fabulous. Best place to learn about the business. The Salary and benefits are fantastic which help offset the work/life balance and job security cons.
Health and Safety is Tops!!
long hours if your willing
Ground Person (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free timmies
Cons: long hours
Good managers on location don't know much came on near end of the season
Productive & satifying
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Deux Rivieres, ONOctober 30, 2013
Every day at work was a different experience with several challenges. My co-workers were excellent to work with & willing to explain what the procedures & work schedules were about. There was a lot of repetitive work & challenging to remember the different construction codes but manageable.
heavy equipment operator
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee), oakville ontAugust 14, 2013
Pros: new learning experiences
Cons: not making enough money for my family
10 hour day Earth moving, grading loading rock trucks, excavate for sub grade, sewer work,
i have learned about road construction residential, sewer,preparing new landfills for dumps
I get along with all employees and management
The hardest part of my job would be figuring out grades and slopes and gps systems
The most enjoyable part of my job is doing – more... a good job and leaving knowing i did a good job! – less
productive fun
Site health and safety rep (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: lots of locals work there
Cons: long hours, out of town
travel lots seasona work. travlleed all over country working for them
Productive and fun place to work
Plant Foreman (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 28, 2013
Pros: safety, pay, working condition, great people
Cons: long hours
All and all it is a good place to start your career.Great co-workers
was mentally stimpulating
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 26, 2012
enjoyed all aspects of the job from the beginning to the end. coworkers and management create a great work environment
work focuessed, dedicated to contracts and commitments
General Labourer (Current Employee), London, ONNovember 10, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: family run - can be difficult to work your way up and establish a different position
Overall, good company to work for. Given many opportunities to learn different skills, such as, bobcat and fork lift training. Rewarded for my work performance by being appointed lead hand position, where I am expected to oversee fellow employees and quality of work. The hardest part of the job at times, is working throughout extreme weather temperatures – more... and ensuring quality of work during those times, as well as safety of co workers. – less
Productive and fast paste work place
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Central OntarioAugust 9, 2012
Fast paste Environment, helps build your managerial and supervision skills. helpfull staff.
friendly co workers, job covers a lot of areas in civil engineering thus can be very challenging some days.