DUFFERIN CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Good positive management with strong work ethics...
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 April 2016
Everything on the job was great including people and road division construction I was part of. Working with this company has left me a lasting impression and experiential benefits.
Good
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto10 February 2016
Good team to work with, employer is kind, the downfall is that the days are long and sometimes slow. Can potentially learn a lot and can move up.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Cons
Long days
Rewarding and exciting work
Construction coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga22 September 2015
Dufferin Construction was a great company to work for with great morals that are displayed by all workers. Everyday required new and different tasks to be completed.
Pros
new challenges everyday
like free cofee at work
DUMP TRUCK DRIVER, Owner (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 April 2015
its to good to go early morning to work,i start work at 5am every day,i learned to drive dump truck and gravel truck,good management,co workers ok,when truck is overloaded to fix the weight is hardest part,enjoy when get good money.
Pros
good money
Cons
go off the road
challenging and rewarding
Construction Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2015
A typical day at work consists if meeting with the crew and conducting safety tailgates. Assign duties and expectations and support the crew.

It's difficult to "pin point" what I've learned because there's so much. I learn something new almost everyday ether it's to do with specifications or construction processes, there's always something to learn from.

The most difficult part of my job is handling all the different personality types. Although it's the most difficult, I look forward to it the most.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the end result and the feeling of accomplishment when the job is done and everyone can reflect on the hard times and good times of the job.
Pros
working outside
Cons
long hours, would like to get to fly home to visit family and friends more
productive and fun with great co-workers
coordinator assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto,ON29 December 2014
No problem with co-workers at all
I really like our foreman ,he is very nice and helpful
Our management is very friendly and kind but tough at work
excellent company..great people
Senior Quality Control Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 September 2014
10 hrs daily,I have learned a lot with Dufferin Construction, well organized company with strength and passion.Management at high level.Co-worker are helpful and cooperative.Hardest part of job when you work in night and have to meet the schedule.Final completion ( substantial completion because you know what went missing what we did correctly what was wrong....also for future improvement
Great emphasis on personal growth
Construction Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2014
Learned a great deal, sink or swim mentality. Company is an open book and keeps their workers extremely involved and educated. Great place to learn a lot in a short period of time.
Pros
Quick learning
Cons
Excessive amount of hours
very fast paced, giant work site. runway alone was 4.2 km long.
Runway Reinforcement Crew Forman (Former Employee) –  YYC calgary airport11 December 2013
as foreman, the beginning of the day would start off with me picking up my crew at the cement plant and driving them out to site. we'd then go over the locations of the taxiways and runways that needed reinforcement baskets installed. we'd have our daily tool box meeting and go over the hazards which were pretty much the same day in day out, as this job was very repetitious. i'd then begin filling out timecards for each person on my crew. a hour or so into the day i would meet up with my supervisor to discuss any changes or areas that needed to be done immediately so we could pave that day. i would then coordinate with my loader operator to have materials moved to these locations. this job taught me how to keep track of tools, materials and people on the jobsite. over all dufferin was great company to work for.
Great People, and Safety Culture.
Superintendent of Asphalt (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 November 2013
Work/Life balance varies based on job and position.
Job Security does not exist, regardless of your successes and/or failures.
People are fabulous. Best place to learn about the business. The Salary and benefits are fantastic which help offset the work/life balance and job security cons.
Health and Safety is Tops!!
Pros
Vehicle, Phone, People, safety culture
Cons
hours, job security, snow removal opperations
long hours if your willing
Ground Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2013
Good managers on location don't know much came on near end of the season
Pros
Free Timmies
Productive & satifying
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deux Rivieres, ON30 October 2013
Every day at work was a different experience with several challenges. My co-workers were excellent to work with & willing to explain what the procedures & work schedules were about. There was a lot of repetitive work & challenging to remember the different construction codes but manageable.
heavy equipment operator
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  oakville ont14 August 2013
10 hour day Earth moving, grading loading rock trucks, excavate for sub grade, sewer work,
i have learned about road construction residential, sewer,preparing new landfills for dumps
I get along with all employees and management
The hardest part of my job would be figuring out grades and slopes and gps systems
The most enjoyable part of my job is doing a good job and leaving knowing i did a good job!
Pros
new learning experiences
Cons
not making enough money for my family
productive fun
Site health and safety rep (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 May 2013
travel lots seasona work. travlleed all over country working for them
Pros
lots of locals work there
Cons
long hours, out of town
Productive and fun place to work
Plant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 March 2013
All and all it is a good place to start your career.Great co-workers
Pros
safety, pay, working condition, great people
was mentally stimpulating
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 December 2012
enjoyed all aspects of the job from the beginning to the end. coworkers and management create a great work environment
work focuessed, dedicated to contracts and commitments
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 November 2012
Overall, good company to work for. Given many opportunities to learn different skills, such as, bobcat and fork lift training. Rewarded for my work performance by being appointed lead hand position, where I am expected to oversee fellow employees and quality of work. The hardest part of the job at times, is working throughout extreme weather temperatures and ensuring quality of work during those times, as well as safety of co workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
family run - can be difficult to work your way up and establish a different position
Productive and fast paste work place
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario9 August 2012
Fast paste Environment, helps build your managerial and supervision skills. helpfull staff.
friendly co workers, job covers a lot of areas in civil engineering thus can be very challenging some days.

4.2