- Updates and maintains the new hire tracking grid by formatting and data input for Work Force Management (NI) and ADP (payroll)
- Set up, assign changes to existing NI codes and provide relevant information to program managers regarding contractors
- Run bi-weekly hours reports from NI for payroll processing after approval from the appropriate managers
- Perform audits to ensure that records are up to date and accurate (temporary visas, employment status)
- Prepare and send requested letters such as salary verification, employee verification etc
- Manage and administer hourly bi-weekly payroll in various provinces and ensure timely payment to employees and contractors.
- Perform commission calculations, where applicable.
- Maintain payroll records as required by federal/provincial governing bodies
- Ensure all payroll transactions are accurately reported and recorded. Verify pay amounts, hours of work, deductions etc.
- Process and prepare payroll journal reconciliations, where applicable.
- Ensure the maintenance of employee data files and the proper changes have occurred (new hire, termination, wage increase, status change, vacation requests etc.) and the appropriate calculations are made to reflect these changes.
- Calculate and prepare the necessary adjustments, termination pays or special payments (complying with company and legislated policy) for the current payroll cycle and enter the information in payroll system by the deadline.
- Work with the Payroll and the Human Resource department identifying any issues or problems that may arise.
- Track and resolve all payroll inquiries.
- Prepare and issue the Record of Employment (ROE) by the legislated time frame.
- Establish and maintain confidential employee files, where necessary.
- Ensure proper new hire deductions & earnings are set up in the payroll system including Quebec.
- Set up new hires in the payroll system.
- T4 reconciliations and year-end processing.
- Preparation of T2200 for applicable EE'S
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard