Duff & Phelps

Duff & Phelps Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Really Poor Website for Application Process
Applicant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: don't know
Cons: good luck in trying to apply
I just finished writing a note through their "Contact Us" section. Wow! is all I can say. The application process is very substandard and not what I would expect from a large corporation that has vast resources in the IT Department.

As an M&A expert and also a database/website creator, I was appalled. There are several glitches and if submitting and – more... a glitch appears, it also erases an hour's worth of work. Apparently, they value the time of the individual applicant very little.

It is unfortunate because in order to fill important positions, I assume that they will ultimately have to rely upon a form of nepotism or a recruiter, whereby costing money or admitting a "less than" applicant. I certainly hope they improve this process because after 2 hours, I've given up. My time is better spent in working/applying to more efficient, cost-efficient companies and processes.

I certainly hope this is not indicative of the work-product of the company. However, the verdict is out as one needs to determine if the issues are addressed or ignored. – less
Cut throat culture
Dispute & Legal Management Consulting (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: high profile clients and projects
Cons: churn and burn culture
-Focus on staying billable rather than focus on development of career
-Old school big 4 culture
-Office cultures vary
-Encouraged networking with clients
-Not family friendly
-No diversity
Property Tax Analyst (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Cons: high stress environment with constant short deadlines
Typical day at work involves various administrative duties, analytical work and helping other departments that are falling behind on deadlines.
Good benefits & compensation, not so good culture or envirnoment.
Tax Analyst (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 19, 2013
Pros: compensation & benefits
Cons: work/life balance, lack of professionalism
Fantastic benefits & compensation; however, the culture and professionalism are lacking due to lack of accountability and leadership, clear goals & direction. Also a big push to continually work overtime, leads to poor work/life balance. The morale is low and turnover high, positions are not filled in a timely manner and workload is unevenly distributed.
Very professional environment for a corporate valuation law firm
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2013
Pros: professional environment with many learning opportunities
Cons: fairly repetitive job
Worked on the 42nd floor of Chicago skyscraper. Oversaw the daily workings of the finance/law library. Processed daily Merrill-Lynch reports. Researched many things for the 25 or so Financial Analysts that worked there, including stock prices of companies. As an international firm, we represented over 500 clients in over 7 countries, many of them being – more... Fortune 500 companies. The stiff management and atmosphere was probably my least favorite part of the job. The part of this job that I enjoyed the most was learning many new things about the inner workings of a financial institution. – less
Terrible culture, long hours, poor compensation
Vice President (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 2, 2013
Pros: the junior staff is fun to work with
Cons: culture, compensation, sweaty nights at the office
I laughed at a previous review that mentioned free food. The only free food that you will see are scraps left over from an occasional client meeting. That is, however, if you get to the kitchen before the administrative assistants gobble everything up.

There is an extremely negative culture at Duff driven by managing directors who treat the junior – more... staff like trash. You will work long hours and be poorly compensated for doing so.

The company is extremely cheap. Management had all of the plants removed from our office to eliminate the massive costs associated with watering them. In the summer, air conditioning is turned off at 5:00PM even though many of the junior staff work until midnight. On several occasions we measured temperatures in excess of 80 degrees on our floor. When management was asked to leave the air conditioning on for an additional hour or two, the response was that it was too expense and the staff needed to either suck it up or buy their own personal fans for their desks. – less
BMW
Production Room Assistant (Former Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 28, 2013
Pros: free food, nice area, great building
Cons: far from my house/
Very large company , friendly place to work. Has a really nice kitchen food was free for employes.
Good people and company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2012
I enjoyed working here, but the work was not exciting. Not what I originally thought I would be doing.

About Duff & Phelps

As a leading global independent provider of financial advisory and investment banking services, Duff & Phelps delivers trusted – Read more