Ducks Unlimited Canada Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great work environment and dedicated staff
Waterfowling Heritage Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB20 December 2017
Ducks Unlimited Canada is a wonderful company to work for, staff are dedicated to wetland conservation and the overall culture is like a family. My position was quite diverse and I took on many different roles while working there.
Organizing fundraising events to support Ducks Unlimited
CONTRIBUTOR SERVICES FUND RAISING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
Working with volunteers in many communities in southern Alberta was fun but took too much time away from family. Had my young son ask my wife if he could get an "uncle" because I was away so much.
Pros
Worked with great volunteers
Cons
Too much time away from home
Great opportunity for learning as a new graduate
Conservation Technologist (Current Employee) –  The Pas, MB11 June 2017
Learned about maintenance and upkeep of equipment
Improved skills in trailering and load distribution
Advanced my pleasurecraft operator skills
Learned about the importance of wetlands and how to manage them for highest productivity
Great non-profit organization to work for
Assistant Regional Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
I was analyzing variance reports most of the time to create regional reports for the controller. The most interesting times were when I was asked to go audit the field offices.
Pros
Non-profit group with great goals
Cons
Low wages due to funding by donations and grants.
Learning Conducive Environment
GIS Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 February 2015
The company provided an opportunity for me to enhance my experience in doing scientific as well as applied research. They gave me enough room to grow, given the tasks to complete with less supervision. I have leaned to work independently and manage my time efficiently. Co-workers and my supervisor then, were very friendly and accommodating. The hardest part of the job is when my term for practicum has ended. I would have loved to stayed but there was no job opportunity at that time.
Rewarding, fun and challenging work environment.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC27 February 2014
Everyday was different due to the nature of the position. Responsible for inspection, operation, maintenance and report on the dams and water controls of wetland conservation projects.
Great culture and does great work!
National Sealed Bid Auction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB24 March 2013
I've just left Ducks for a new career. The main I reason I left was to find a position with higher wages. As a 'not for profit' Ducks does not command the best wages, especially for administrative staff.

Otherwise the culture and the organization itself are great, I will miss it. I am still an active volunteer and suporter.
Pros
culture
Cons
wages