Dryden Air Services Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
A Fun workplace with Aircraft's and Passengers
Assistant Accountant / Office Admin (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 1, 2013
A typical day starts with either plane already on ground or about to land, prepare for gate and arrivals, all equipment deployed at Ramp, always learn new things in critical situations, excellent management who support and trained, share information, nice and help full co-workers always available to help, severe weather conditions to work specially snow and rain but most enjoyable is departure of Aircraft on time for its scheduled destination
Pros
always meeting different people
Cons
no breaks
Ramp supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina skMarch 6, 2013
Go work at McDonald's!! Management knows less then the new hires. Training is non-existent, weather is awful, constantly under pressure to do more with less and less. Equipment is really old but well maintained. You are constantly put in situations where mistakes can be made. Excellent team atmosphere from the actual employees. I am shocked at the lack of common sense in the airport world. I am more scared of flying then ever!
A day in the life of a "Rampie"
Lead Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2014
My day on the ramp begins at 4am. We have a morning briefing at about 4:30am to discuss Game Plan for the day. The supervisor assigns flights to myself and the other leads and also assigns our crews.
After that it's up to me to organize my crew, make sure everyone knows what gate we are working on, flight number, expected arrival or departure time, number of bags for off/on load. I will also assign each crew member a specific task or responsibility during the flight. After aircraft is loaded (or off and then onloaded if it's what we call "Turning the aircraft") I am responsible to push the aircraft back out onto the ramp.
If there are no more flights on that gate for the next hour or more we clean off all of our equipment, cones, chocks etc.
That's one flight and we usually do three or four every shift.
Pros
interesting and enjoyable co-workers
Cons
work outside in all weather
FUN TIMES WITH DRYDEN AIR SERVICES
Seasonal Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 25, 2013
The best part of working with Dryden Air was working with your co-workers. They made the times go by much faster. You meet so many people as check them to their destinations.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
being seasonal, dealing with delayed baggages, irrate passengers, no benefits
Productive workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 3, 2014
Very Busy and Very Complicated. A typical day at work would be hectic and you have to think fast.
Hamilton Airport Base
Lead Ramp Hand / Fueler (Current Employee) –  Mount Hope, ONNovember 5, 2012
Fueled airplanes, or ground handled as a Lead Hand.
Management is terrible.
Pros
interesting job
Cons
constantly lied to.
Nice job
Westjet Ground Operations/ De-Icer Trainer (Current Employee) –  HamiltonNovember 12, 2014
A great place to work