DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very negative workplace
Accounts Receivables and Office Support Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, atmosphere
The workplace was very much a negative atmosphere. A lot of disgruntled co-workers, and a very forgetful boss. Found it hard to balance life with this job since your on call all the time with the boss.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.
Q.A. Engineer (Former Employee), Carleton Place OntarioNovember 1, 2012
Pros: cafeteria on-site
Cons: due to process requirements, it can take a long time to accomplish some tasks.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.

A typical day as a QA Engineer consists of root cause anaysis of non conforming product as well as performing process audits.

There is also the maintaning of all process manuals to comply with AS9100C standard.
Great Company to work for!
Senior Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 16, 2012
I enjoyed working at DRS Technologies. The work was very interesting and challenging. The people I worked with were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Account invoicing , ICD10 Coding (Current Employee), Alberton, GPOctober 23, 2014
- A lot of work
- Need to work hard Constantly
- Friendly co-workers
a respectable environment with awesome coworkers
Medical Technician (Current Employee), birmingham, MiOctober 6, 2014
every company has to have a great foundation and this company gave me that along with superb employees.
DRS was the worst place I ever worked at in 40 years in the work force
PRINCIPAL CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Herndon, MDSeptember 30, 2014
There is no vision for the future, no advance planning. Everything is a fire drill crisis. The bureaucracy to get anything done is ridiculous and so onerous that nothing can be accomplished. They are understaffed and submit proposals on just about every RFP that comes out.

My co-workers were nice and helpful but the management did not have a clue.

The – more... best part of the job was the bagels on Thursdays. I don't recommend this place to anyone. – less
used to be a great place to work
Engineer IV - Systems (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MdSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good place to work if you have a program to work on.
Cons: no work
Over the last three years DRS has lost a lot of proposals and were living on present programs. As these problems finished the cut backs and location closings begin.
Good job to help others
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good work place
Cons: stress in daily job duties
Social environment good and co workers good to work with, Helping clients with their needed problems was good
Best job ever
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: contrats end then layoffs
Well organized, managed and professional environment. Private office, latest software tools, well equipped lab.
Good Company to work for
Stockroom Clerk / Materials Handler II (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 29, 2014
DRS was a good company to work for. The management supportive and there were good relationships between employees. My job tasks were challenging and I enjoyed my job.
Over worked and under paid
Field Techican (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: company van
Cons: under paid for the hours you work.
This company needs a complete overhaul and they over work the techs. Avoid at all cost unless this is your last option.
DRS Technology Workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2014
* Leading Technology

*Great Engineering Support

*Team Enviroment

*Excellent Workplace
good place to work if the people were the right fit for the jobs they held
Electronics Tech III (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2014
individuals that are new have no room to speak their mind or give advice
Really enjoyed working at DRS was very sad when I got layed off.
Certified Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working everyday, good benefits, good people to work with.
Worked from 7:00 till 4:30,always arrived on time,I really learned a lot when I worked here and adapted to many different jobs, when I was asked to do something different I was always ready to do something new.I always respected management and got along real well with my coworkers,I never found anything really hard with any job I did.I really enjoyed – more... coming to work everyday and doing my job to the best of my ability. – less
Productive environment
Technical Trainer/Lead Fielding Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
No two days were the same. It's an honor to train/ coach soldiers.
Communication
Aviation Electronic Technician II (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 30, 2014
This is a good job overall, but the lack of communication from managers to supervisors and workers needs some major improvement.
Poor culture, many layoffs
Electrical Engineer - Hardware Engineering (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2014
Fragmented strategy and poor morale of employees makes being employed here a drag.
Great to work
Customer Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2014
Views of the Company are very Professional

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent company to work for. Caring management that recognizes hard work.
Satellite Systems / Network Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Monmouth, NJ; IraqJuly 19, 2014
Pros: salary, co-workers
Cons: isolated to small base in iraq
There typical work day was spent monitoring the network and responding accordingly. My co-workers were fantastic. Everyone was highly knowledgeable in their area of expertise willing to share that knowledge. We all taught one another each others jobs, satellite, networking and systems administration. Management was casual, open to suggestions, approachable, – more... not afraid to get their hands dirty and caring. The hardest part of the job was it was in Iraq. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers and their willingness to teach me their jobs so we all could succeed. – less
Difficult
Client Service Engineer / Administrator (Former Employee), Rock Island, IowaJuly 17, 2014
Changes and implementation for new projects.
New project are always challenging and fulfilling.

1 2 3 4 5

About DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies┬áhas zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical – Read more

DRS Technologies Photos