DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.
Q.A. Engineer (Former Employee), Carleton Place OntarioNovember 1, 2012
Pros: cafeteria on-site
Cons: due to process requirements, it can take a long time to accomplish some tasks.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.

A typical day as a QA Engineer consists of root cause anaysis of non conforming product as well as performing process audits.

There is also the maintaning of all process manuals to comply with AS9100C standard.
Great company!
Expense Report Audit- Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Melbourne FlApril 15, 2014
Great company to work for, truly enjoyed working for Mercedes Benz of Melbourne.
Productivie Workplace
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Greer, SCApril 12, 2014
Pros: great breaks
DRS what an excellent workplace with wonderful people. The management was excellent. The people were fantastic and I loved every minute working at DRS.
Great co-workers and managers. Challenging work.
Principal Electrical Engineer IV (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and managers. challenging work.
I would highly recommend DRS.

Great co-workers and managers. Challenging work.

I had progressive responsibilities that have included hands-on design, development, and production. Multifaceted experience included analog and digital hardware design, software development, system engineering, and integration.
Hard working knowledgeable people.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2014
DRS Technologies is a very good military friendly company whether it's helping the soldier, sailor and airmen in the field with their products or hiring them after completing their service.
Business location is in trouble
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: no leadership, poor future planning and preparation for business
Went from 1100-1200 people at the Fort Walton location down to about 200 remaining due to poor leadership and lack of long term planning and preparation. Very poor business management, questionable ethics at times, way too much drama, rumors and politics, conflicting goals from one group to the next, high level of finger pointing, CYA mentality, they – more... do not value honestly, lack of professionalism

Infrastructure was a mess - too many VP's, Directors, Managers and Supervisors. No common direction for the business. Complete lack of accountability and ownership of the business, process or procedures. Too many single points of failure regarding product, process, knowledge sharing.

Would not recommend working here unless they start over from the very beginning and make EVERYONE that is left re-interview for their position. Ask people how they have contributed over the last 5, 10, 15+ years and you will find they are basically doing the exact same thing and believe themselves to be an asset. Employees expect raises every year just for showing up.... in some cases they got them along with new job titles instead of someone telling them truth! – less
Dream Job
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great working conditions
Cons: lay offs
Worked with a fantastic team of very talent people. Team respected each other and appreciated each others efforts, input and abilities. Learned something new everyday and your skills and knowledge grew as much as you wished them to and were willing to work for.

It was a sad day when the lay offs began.
Great work place, friendly people, No job Security and Micro-managing Leads and Supervisors
Production Control Planner (Former Employee), Melbourne, FL.January 29, 2014
Pros: great work environment, easy to work there
Cons: job security
Morning reviews at 7 AM
worked on Build Plans, Inventory flow, getting materials to the floor, Scheduling with Procurement, Troubleshooting problems, Walking materials from Raw parts to finished product

Learned a lot of basic and advanced MRP systems knowledge and working in the Production Control Environment, Job definitely required a people person – more... to get product moved through in a timely fashion

Co-workers were always friendly and worked well together

Hardest part of the Job was not knowing if you were going to have a job the next week because of frequent Layoffs

Most enjoyable part was learning from people that had a lot of knowledge to share and always wanted to keep you moving forward in the company – less
Interesting place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), KYJanuary 9, 2014
was a good place to work but they only use TEMP services, 90 days your gon.
Great Benefits but lousy leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee), Oakland, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Good Defense Contractor
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: lack of communication from management.
I truly enjoyed my time working for this company. My day was hectic but manageable and interesting. I learned a lot about the Defense Industry and realized that it is an industry that I would like to continue to be employed within. My co-workers always strove for the best solutions to satisfy the customer.
Great Employer
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 7, 2014
Operate and maintain BETTS-C equipment, Learned a lot about troubleshooting and the aspects of the camera systems, hardest part about the job was the hostel area where I worked in Afghanistan.
Very rewarding employment working directly with our U.S. armed forces.
SENIOR INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: travel, experience, benifits, and great people to work with
Cons: travel, hotels
Working in the defense industry was absolutely rewarding sharing knowledge with our troops. Giving them quality instruction to better our fighting forces success also helped growth in many areas. In this industry positions are dominated by prior military service people which bring a broad range of talents and skills with them creating a shared knowledge – more... environment. The frequent and lengthy travel was a challenging part in this field of work, but the positive feedback and critiques from our soldiers made it all worth it. – less
Productive and peaceful workplace
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee), West Plains, MODecember 28, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: layoffs
great
painting and sanding
co-workers are amazing
Very physically demanding
Learning what parts go to what and where
watching me finish up final parts to projects
The hardest part of the job
Work for CUSTOMER SERVICE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), HyderabadDecember 28, 2013
Pros: self lunch
Cons: long hours
I had learn how the job has been..And learned the skills and abilites has to work in any other organisation
Good Experience, Great Employees, Decreasing Job Security
Program Manager (Former Employee), Johnstown, PADecember 17, 2013
Pros: fast paced, employees
Cons: unstable job security
- Fast paced manufacturing
- Constant fire drills (internally and externally generated)
- Decreased focus on employee and families since 2009
- 70% workforce reduction in 4 years
- Great experience and knowledge with the many different products
- Employees are great to work with and are consistently dedicated to satisfy customer and management needs
- – more... Good benefits – less
Productive work place
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee), Largo, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This work place is busy and productive. Most of co-workers are team work.
Generator work
10KW Control Technician (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTDecember 9, 2013
I worked on the 10kw line for drs, in my time working there I learned a lot about low voltage control wiring. The generators we built for military use only.
fun
ELECTRO/MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee), Irvine, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: advance technology
DRS was very enjoyable I was able to try very high advance technology and learned different kinds or procedures. DRS gave me the opportunity to learned to be very detail oriented, which we had to follow very specific instructions. the management was always willing to help and co-workers always we're always willing to assist.
Logistics Operations Analyst
Logistics Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MarylandDecember 3, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Responsible for continual logistical analysis of reports, ARFORGEN ARMT plans and ARFORGEN cycles from all regions. Knowledge of the development of new vehicle systems and the associated impact upon the Army logistics system to include personnel and training, maintenance planning, supply support planning, technical data, computer resources and tools – more... and diagnostic test equipment. Knowledge of the interrelated chain of activities that impact the testing/validation/verification program in order to coordinate and manage the program and meet time schedules and quality constraints. Knowledge of weapon supply, procurement, engineering and provisioning; maintenance practices, techniques and standards. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies has zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical – Read more

DRS Technologies Photos