DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very negative workplace
Accounts Receivables and Office Support Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, atmosphere
The workplace was very much a negative atmosphere. A lot of disgruntled co-workers, and a very forgetful boss. Found it hard to balance life with this job since your on call all the time with the boss.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.
Q.A. Engineer (Former Employee), Carleton Place OntarioNovember 1, 2012
Pros: cafeteria on-site
Cons: due to process requirements, it can take a long time to accomplish some tasks.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.

A typical day as a QA Engineer consists of root cause anaysis of non conforming product as well as performing process audits.

There is also the maintaning of all process manuals to comply with AS9100C standard.
Great Company to work for!
Senior Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 16, 2012
I enjoyed working at DRS Technologies. The work was very interesting and challenging. The people I worked with were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Interesting Work, Good Management
Semiconductor Backend Engineering Support (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great experience fore future engineers
My summer internship kept me busy. I learned a lot about what a process engineer does from day to day. The management invests in you and wants to help you learn. I got to shadow different engineers different days to learn what they did. The job paid well, and was a great experience.
Productive work place great management
Project Management (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 3, 2014
All company managers that I interfaced with were great at not trying to micromanage me at my job and it was the same with other employees.
There was much military interface and we were always reminded of protocol.
Access to coffee, tea and soft drinks always provided.
Lunch rooms and bathrooms always immaculately clean
Purchased lunches always good
Exercise – more... rooms provided
Most offices had windows
Great salary increases dependent on performance – less
Solid Company Resizing for Success
Sr. Product Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, 9/80 work structure
Cons: sales are 95% defense related
A really good company going through a difficult time - currently regrouping from a long downward trend in the defense industry.
Horrible company
Thrall (Current Employee), Beavercreek, OhioNovember 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay and benefits, but are far outweighed by all the negative aspects of this company
Cons: pretty much everything else
6 lay offs within 3 years, no balance of work/life. good old boy attitude and overall very unethical behavior by management. if offered a job by this company run, dont walk as far away as you can from it.
Account invoicing , ICD10 Coding (Current Employee), Alberton, GPOctober 23, 2014
- A lot of work
- Need to work hard Constantly
- Friendly co-workers
a respectable environment with awesome coworkers
Medical Technician (Current Employee), birmingham, MiOctober 6, 2014
every company has to have a great foundation and this company gave me that along with superb employees.
DRS was the worst place I ever worked at in 40 years in the work force
PRINCIPAL CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Herndon, MDSeptember 30, 2014
There is no vision for the future, no advance planning. Everything is a fire drill crisis. The bureaucracy to get anything done is ridiculous and so onerous that nothing can be accomplished. They are understaffed and submit proposals on just about every RFP that comes out.

My co-workers were nice and helpful but the management did not have a clue.

The – more... best part of the job was the bagels on Thursdays. I don't recommend this place to anyone. – less
used to be a great place to work
Engineer IV - Systems (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MdSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good place to work if you have a program to work on.
Cons: no work
Over the last three years DRS has lost a lot of proposals and were living on present programs. As these problems finished the cut backs and location closings begin.
Good job to help others
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good work place
Cons: stress in daily job duties
Social environment good and co workers good to work with, Helping clients with their needed problems was good
Best job ever
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: contrats end then layoffs
Well organized, managed and professional environment. Private office, latest software tools, well equipped lab.
Good Company to work for
Stockroom Clerk / Materials Handler II (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 29, 2014
DRS was a good company to work for. The management supportive and there were good relationships between employees. My job tasks were challenging and I enjoyed my job.
Over worked and under paid
Field Techican (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: company van
Cons: under paid for the hours you work.
This company needs a complete overhaul and they over work the techs. Avoid at all cost unless this is your last option.
DRS Technology Workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2014
* Leading Technology

*Great Engineering Support

*Team Enviroment

*Excellent Workplace
good place to work if the people were the right fit for the jobs they held
Electronics Tech III (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2014
individuals that are new have no room to speak their mind or give advice
Really enjoyed working at DRS was very sad when I got layed off.
Certified Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working everyday, good benefits, good people to work with.
Worked from 7:00 till 4:30,always arrived on time,I really learned a lot when I worked here and adapted to many different jobs, when I was asked to do something different I was always ready to do something new.I always respected management and got along real well with my coworkers,I never found anything really hard with any job I did.I really enjoyed – more... coming to work everyday and doing my job to the best of my ability. – less
Productive environment
Technical Trainer/Lead Fielding Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
No two days were the same. It's an honor to train/ coach soldiers.
Communication
Aviation Electronic Technician II (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 30, 2014
This is a good job overall, but the lack of communication from managers to supervisors and workers needs some major improvement.

1 2 3 4 5

About DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies┬áhas zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical – Read more

DRS Technologies Photos