DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very negative workplace
Accounts Receivables and Office Support Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, atmosphere
The workplace was very much a negative atmosphere. A lot of disgruntled co-workers, and a very forgetful boss. Found it hard to balance life with this job since your on call all the time with the boss.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.
Q.A. Engineer (Former Employee), Carleton Place OntarioNovember 1, 2012
Pros: cafeteria on-site
Cons: due to process requirements, it can take a long time to accomplish some tasks.
Very Process driven typical of defense contractor.

A typical day as a QA Engineer consists of root cause anaysis of non conforming product as well as performing process audits.

There is also the maintaning of all process manuals to comply with AS9100C standard.
Great Company to work for!
Senior Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Kanata, ONMarch 16, 2012
I enjoyed working at DRS Technologies. The work was very interesting and challenging. The people I worked with were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Good job to help others
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee), Ardmore, OKSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good work place
Cons: stress in daily job duties
Social environment good and co workers good to work with, Helping clients with their needed problems was good
Best job ever
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere
Cons: contrats end then layoffs
Well organized, managed and professional environment. Private office, latest software tools, well equipped lab.
Good Company to work for
Stockroom Clerk / Materials Handler II (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 29, 2014
DRS was a good company to work for. The management supportive and there were good relationships between employees. My job tasks were challenging and I enjoyed my job.
Over worked and under paid
Field Techican (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: company van
Cons: under paid for the hours you work.
This company needs a complete overhaul and they over work the techs. Avoid at all cost unless this is your last option.
DRS Technology Workplace
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 23, 2014
* Leading Technology

*Great Engineering Support

*Team Enviroment

*Excellent Workplace
good place to work if the people were the right fit for the jobs they held
Electronics Tech III (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2014
individuals that are new have no room to speak their mind or give advice
Really enjoyed working at DRS was very sad when I got layed off.
Certified Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working everyday, good benefits, good people to work with.
Worked from 7:00 till 4:30,always arrived on time,I really learned a lot when I worked here and adapted to many different jobs, when I was asked to do something different I was always ready to do something new.I always respected management and got along real well with my coworkers,I never found anything really hard with any job I did.I really enjoyed – more... coming to work everyday and doing my job to the best of my ability. – less
Productive environment
Technical Trainer/Lead Fielding Instructor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
No two days were the same. It's an honor to train/ coach soldiers.
Communication
Aviation Electronic Technician II (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 30, 2014
This is a good job overall, but the lack of communication from managers to supervisors and workers needs some major improvement.
Poor culture, many layoffs
Electrical Engineer - Hardware Engineering (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 26, 2014
Fragmented strategy and poor morale of employees makes being employed here a drag.
Great to work
Customer Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2014
Views of the Company are very Professional

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent company to work for. Caring management that recognizes hard work.
Satellite Systems / Network Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Monmouth, NJ; IraqJuly 19, 2014
Pros: salary, co-workers
Cons: isolated to small base in iraq
There typical work day was spent monitoring the network and responding accordingly. My co-workers were fantastic. Everyone was highly knowledgeable in their area of expertise willing to share that knowledge. We all taught one another each others jobs, satellite, networking and systems administration. Management was casual, open to suggestions, approachable, – more... not afraid to get their hands dirty and caring. The hardest part of the job was it was in Iraq. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers and their willingness to teach me their jobs so we all could succeed. – less
Difficult
Client Service Engineer / Administrator (Former Employee), Rock Island, IowaJuly 17, 2014
Changes and implementation for new projects.
New project are always challenging and fulfilling.
Challenging and Fun Place to work
Buyer (Former Employee), Oakland, NJJuly 10, 2014
Great co-workers
Excellent benefits
401k match
Opportunities for growth
Excellent place to work, I had two kids during my time at DRS, and they were so understanding and great about Maternity leave, FLMA and accommodations regarding coming back to work. They truly care about their employees and understand the value of keeping employees satisfied.
Fantastic benefits . badly managed
Test Technician II (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 9, 2014
Great pay and benefits, but badly managed with no advancement and constant layoffs
I really enjoyed working with the Engineering Dept.
Senior Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHJuly 2, 2014
Building and testing all kinds of new products also I did some fine pitch soldering work under microscopes. I was responsilble for creating parts lists for new product and drawing block diagrams for the also using Microsoft Visio 2003
productive workplace and makes sure you keep upgrading your skill sets
Senior Instructor (Current Employee), Kabul, KABJune 20, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
good place to meet new people. work environment is great. advancement for the nest level could be better

1 2 3 4 5

About DRS Technologies

DRS Technologies┬áhas zeroed in on its target -- to be the fastest growing defense company in the world. It offers mission-critical – Read more

DRS Technologies Photos