DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing

DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment with great leadership.
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  West1 June 2017
I enjoyed every Monday morning meeting where we talked about our goals and accomplishments. I found that starting the week off by encouraging each other was very productive. Also, this was an opportunity to make your team aware of deadlines and tasks, which is great for support as well.
Most days consisted of revamping or creating staff protocols for all tasks in every department, such a shipping, for example. Having these protocols updated in all areas ensured consistency of service throughout the company.
On occasion, I would attend meetings at other locations to gain insight into the regular processes of other departments.
Overall, I enjoyed working at Driving Force very much.
Pros
Great employee appreciation and encouragement
7 June 2017

Thank-you for the great feedback. I am glad to hear that you felt encouraged on a weekly basis during the Monday meetings. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

srayar@drivingforce.ca

productive busy place that is expanding fast
Driver/detailer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
work is fun people are really nice overall a good place to work at. I just can't stay because I want to follow my career path that I chose. The manager is really nice prolly the best boss you can have
7 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best of luck on your career path!

Horrible Management
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 March 2017
Don't expect any communication from this company. Worst managed company ever. I would never suggest working for such a poorly managed company. They do not care about their people, they walk all over the good ones and guess what? The good ones leave and they don't give to sh*ts about them leaving. Do a bad job and it's "minor". Work here if you want no guidance, do as you please with no consequences and watch other people succeed that shouldn't.
Pros
Staff
7 June 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I invite you to contact me directly to provide me with more information. At DRIVING FORCE, communication is very important and we are working on ways to communicate with our growing staff across the country. One of the ways that we do this is by asking for feedback from our annual employee cultural survey to ensure we are hearing from all employees on specific concerns.

Disturbing mangement
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2017
It is a lie. they treat their employees like replaceable garbage specially Saskatoon Driving Force where I worked. Customers are ripped off with an excuse of a scratch on the car that Rental manager noticed after a week. Lol it is a horrible company if you want to save your money stay away from here.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Horrible management
14 March 2017

I am sorry to hear about your experience with DRIVING FORCE. I invite you to contact me directly to provide more information.

srayar@drivingforce.ca

I wouldn't work anywhere else.
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
I have worked at Driving Force for about a year now and I love it. It's a good company and every day when I come to work I feel appreciated for the work I do.
I recently got a raise and I wasn't even expecting it! My manager notices all the hard work I do and that makes me want to work even harder.
Pros
wage, people
7 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy to hear that your hard work is recognized and that you feel appreciated at DRIVING FORCE.

srayar@drivingforce.ca

Great culture and a growing company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
DRIVING FORCE has been a great place to work. The company is growing and it's exciting to come to work every day. The wages are really good and my manager is awesome!
I enjoy working with the people on my team and we have a lot of fun throughout the day. I would recommend DRIVING FORCE as a great place to work.
Pros
team, wages, growing company, stability
13 March 2017

Thank-you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the culture and growth at DRIVING FORCE.

Human Resources Recruiter

Horrible management and no flexability
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2017
I worked here as a detailer for a short period and I had to take time off for a trip that was booked before I got hired as a detailer. I triple checked with the company to make sure that it would still be ok for the time I needed off and every time they said it would be fine and that they understand people have lives outside of work and I was never late and always did my job. Next thing I know I show up for work one day and get fired because of "scheduling" issues even though they said it could be worked around. This company does not hold up their end and they are not true to their word. And I got let go by a manager I had never even met before in this company. Would not recommend working for them, management is a joke.
Pros
Nice people in the back and set shifts.
Cons
People upfront were rude and lack of communication during hiring process
13 March 2017

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your employment at DRIVING FORCE. Thank-you for providing feedback. If you would like to share additional details with me, please feel free to contact me at srayar@drivingforce.ca. At DRIVING FORCE we are always striving to improve and exceed expectations.

Human Resources Recruiter

Do as we say, not as we do...
Sales/Leasing (Former Employee) –  Canada29 December 2016
Your happiness will depend on the branch you work in, some are great some are terrible. Also who your region manager is, will make a difference. Very little room for advancement if you're not interested in taking a promotion for a wage cut. Never again for me! Canada's Best Managed? Hmmm... I wouldn't want to see the worst!
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Terrible Mgmt, Two Faced Culture
A culture to envy
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2016
DRIVING FORCE is the best company i have ever worked for. They provided me with training, school, mentor ship and a competitive salary.
13 March 2017

Thank-you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on employee professional development and will continue to invest in our employees.

Human Resources Recruiter

Loved my job as a detailer there until unappreciated
Sales detailer (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC30 August 2016
The company does not appreciate theit employees after 9 months and no consideration of a raise even being moved into sales detailing from rentals with more detailed duties no raise was given even. Do not recommend working here.
31 August 2016

August 31, 2016
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I do want you to know that ensuring fair wages for all positions at all locations is a priority of our Senior Management team.

This year, the HR department completed wage surveys in every region that DRIVING FORCE operates in to ensure that our wages are competitive. Additionally, we enhanced our benefit program and significantly increased the employer contribution towards dental benefit premiums to ensure our employees got the most value from their total rewards.

As our wage surveys are based on position duties, it is possible that there may not have been an automatic increase in pay associated with a department transfer. However, we always encourage employees to give their Manager the opportunity to address their concerns. We are grateful for your service with DRIVING FORCE and appreciate your willingness to assist the Sales department when they needed help.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Megan Maltman, Human Resources Manager
780.641.1122 or mmaltman@drivingforce.ca

Driving Force
SERVICE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2016
- Automotive and medium duty service shop
- Servicing primarily Northern Alberta
- Customer Service driven
- Specializing in fleet truck orders for companies of all sizes
27 June 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback and highlighting a few of the key points about our Hino Central division. Kindly contact me at hr@drivingforce.ca, or 780.641.1122 if you have any further feedback. Alternatively, you are welcome to provide your feedback on your Exit Survey if you have not already done so. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Megan Maltman, Human Resources Manager

Experienced a great opportunity
hr assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2016
I had the privilege of working with driving force for temporary assignment.
There is a family feel atmosphere and everyone makes an effort to make you feel welcomed. Management gave me room to get a feel of the new career choice, opportunity for extension, and recognition of the work i did.
Pros
opportunities, work-life balance, growing company
Also blindsided!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2016
Run for the hills! Although they state that they have an open door policy, that they're like family, and welcome open communication; they are lying!!!! Conversations about you as a person are held behind your back daily. I came to work early everyday and exceeded at my job, only to be let go without any warning.
Pros
Cons
Salary, co-workers, and management
25 January 2016

January 25, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very sorry to read that you had concerns about your exit from the company that were unexpected and hope that you have considered all feedback received, including at your regular Partnership Program check-ins held with your supervisor. I would really appreciate hearing more about your concerns so we can work to improve the employee experience for everyone at DRIVING FORCE.

At DRIVING FORCE, we truly take our core values of: Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Passion to heart. We need our team members to uphold those values and share our commitment to exceeding our customer's expectations. It is essential to our future success that we preserve our unique and positive culture.

Kindly contact me at hr@drivingforce.ca, or 780.641.1122 so we can discuss this further. Alternatively, you are welcome to provide your feedback on your Exit Survey if you have not already done so. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Extremely bad workmanship
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 January 2016
Yes!, I thought my employment was of long term, being an independent worker and one of the most loyal employees this company could have, I was blind sided with several issues of inadequate work habits. I found this location in GP to be very clickie, lot of back stabbing, and favoring to so called co-workers, if you don't follow in there lifestyles or gossip, you definetly won't fit. Being an independent women living my own life and not getting involved with the personal lives of others, didn't seem to work for this company. Little does the management know,the bad habits are being taken on by this staff on a regular basis, leaving early not recording time off, taking days off not recorded, bullying, gossip, and a whole lot more!!!
25 January 2016

January 25, 2016

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are sorry to read that you had concerns with your co-workers that were not addressed by Management. We are very excited to have Keith Z. at the Grande Prairie location as the Branch Manager now to provide all departments with extra support and guidance.

I would really appreciate hearing more about your concerns so we can work to improve the employee experience for everyone at DRIVING FORCE. Kindly contact me at hr@drivingforce.ca, or 780.641.1122 so we can discuss this further. Alternatively, you are welcome to provide your feedback on your Exit Survey if you have not already done so.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Blindsided
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2016
I really enjoyed my job with driving force and strived for success. I believed that it was my long term career but ran into a very deceptive management team. Due to the downturn in the economy they without noticed terminated my position.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Increased Taxable income
6 January 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very sorry to read that you had concerns about your exit from the company that were unexpected. I would really appreciate hearing more about your concerns so we can work to improve the employee experience for everyone at DRIVING FORCE.

Great place to work!
DRIVING FORCE employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2015
DRIVING FORCE is a great company to work for. In the time that I have been here, I have been treated with respect and my ideas have been welcomed and appreciated. I am told on a regular basis that I am doing a good job and I genuinely feel valued here. The company is stable and growing and it has a great reputation. I'm proud to be part of a company that is committed to growth and employee development.

The culture here is fun, busy and although DRIVING FORCE is growing, it is still able to maintain a family-like atmosphere.
I would definitely recommend working here and I look forward to working here for a very long time!
Pros
Great culture, stable company, good benefits, recognition from managers
HORRIBLE Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton9 September 2015
Under no circumstances could I recommend working here. The management is horribly incompetent, treats their employees as replaceable garbage and shows little, if any respect. Their actions at times are borderline illegal.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours, expected to work overtime at a moments notice, deductions from paycheques for mistakes made, not valued as an employee
28 September 2015

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are very sorry to read that you had concerns about your work environment that went unaddressed.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Very Poor Management
Former Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton12 June 2015
Management Side is Very Poor. Few Managers Should Not Be There As They Don't Know What's Their Job,Just Too Many Promises. Their Agreement Letter Will Say Three Weeks Vacations Very First Year You Start But Not Implemented.Too Much Favours For Some Certain Peoples If They Like, You Don't Need To Come Even At Job,They Will Pay You.
Pros
Workers Very Nice
Cons
Few Managers Don't Have Skills
28 September 2015

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I can confirm that we do offer three weeks of annual vacation for all full time employees working an average of 40 hours per week (equal to 6% vacation accrual for all employees regardless of full time or part time status). Vacation in your first year of employment is pro-rated, and you accrue vacation time each month that can be used as it is earned.

I would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your concerns with Management so that any issues can be addressed resulting in an improved experience for everyone at DRIVING FORCE.

I encourage you to contact me at hr@drivingforce.ca or 780.641.1122

You're Not Just a Number Here
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2014
They show that they care about employees by preserving a really strong culture based on Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Passion. I think that the people who do not show those qualities are the ones that are unsuccessful here.

DF is a growing company, so it is evident to me that there is alot of opportunity to move geographically and professionally. I have seen people do more than they ever dreamed of here, and the company strives to help you reach your goals.

I plan to work here for a very long time to come.
Pros
career advancement, professional development, benefits, awesome vacation benefits, work/life balance, flexibility, fun environment, good culture
28 September 2015

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to have excited individuals working in our organization and to hear that you have included us in your long-term plans. Passionate individuals such as yourself are what keeps us driving forward towards "Mars".

Human Resources Manager

You're not just a number here
HR (Current Employee) –  Alberta14 August 2014
DRIVING FORCE actually treats you like a person, and not just a number. The President knows you by name (even if you don't live and work in Edmonton) and is very personable. It gives you the feeling like they actually care about you.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Fair Compensation, Entrepreneurial
28 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at DRIVING FORCE and that you have met our fun-loving President. Your positive attitude and belief in our fore core values (Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Passion) will carry you far in this company.

Human Resources Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing. Our community is ready to answer.

DRIVING FORCE Vehicle Rentals, Sales and Leasing Reviews by Job Title