Title: Proactive Office Encounter Technician (P.O.E.T)
Posting Close Date: 2014-08-26
FTE: 0.6 - 0.8
Date Available: 2014-09-04
Hours Per Shift: 7.75
Shift: Days with some evenings (flexible)
Days Off: Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Rates of Pay: Competitive wages with compensation in lieu of benefits
Proactive Office Encounter Technicians (POET) is an integral member of the Primary Care Network’s office-based interdisciplinary care team. The role of the POET is to help increase preventive screenings and improve treatment adherence in primary care; use EMR prompts and other checklist tools to support the Physicians in identifying and targeting patients at risk for and/or diagnosed with chronic medical conditions and other pre-specified DRGs; and encourage patients to become active participants in their own care.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High proficiency with basic computer programs, especially with databases, and scheduling software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with physicians, healthcare professionals, and the general public
- Understanding of primary healthcare
- Good organizational skills
- Able to type at least 40 words/min
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Coursework and/or training in computer software, especially EMRs
- 2-5yrs healthcare experience, preferably in primary care
- Experience working with EMR systems, especially Wolf
- Completion of a medical office assistant training course or similar
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Drayton Valley Primary Care Network provides healthcare continuity to patients in the area. Specific areas of focus are Chronic Disease...