The IT Help Desk is an entry level position for anyone wishing to start their career in IT.
Job Summary: Responsible for the administration and maintenance of custom applications and general network support.
- Tier 1 Support. Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing relatively simple software, hardware or network problems
- New user setup and maintenance including active directory, application and insurance company extranets
- Maintaining the company internet/intranet sites including SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Investigating new system initiatives
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Transportation required
Skills that will produce success in the role:
- Communication skills including active listening skills
- Empathetic of users concerns and situations with the ability to respond appropriately
- Ability to present information to non-technical individuals
- Logical and analytical thinking skills with the ability to understand situations and find solutions
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date with technology changes and advancements
- Post Secondary Diploma in Information Technology or a combination of relevant education and/or experience
- CompTIA Certification or Microsoft Certification is an asset
A clear Criminal Record Check will be required for this position.