A Brampton based Investment Company & Property Management division requires an Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper to join our Team. The Ideal candidate would be working in an exciting environment supporting an executive team by handling a variety of administrative and clerical duties. The Primary role of the Administrative Assistant is to aid the day-to-day functions of the Property Management office working closely with the Property Management team and the accounting department. The Ideal candidate would be responsible for aspects of office administration and receptionist functions, bookkeeping tasks and reporting as required. We require a self –starter who has experience and a take charge attitude, who can work independently and a good fit who works well with the rest of the team.
- Perform administrative duties, which include creating and maintaining filing systems, answering incoming calls, ordering supplies and distribution of incoming mail & faxes
- Respond to general day-to-day inquires, via email or telephone, from tenants, service providers and contractors and redirect to specific issues to the appropriate team member for action and resolution.
- Creating/receiving maintenance requests & and assisting in co-coordinating with property management to ensure timely completion of maintenance requests.
- Create, distribute & track lease documents, create new tenant files, update tenant contact list and prepare welcome packages to new tenants, and leasing agents.
- Prepare tenant notice’s & various legal notices in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act, including N4”s and L1’s etc.
- Assist with obtaining supplier and contractor quotations.
- In conjunction with property accounts, assist in monthly accounts receivable ( Rent Roll ,) including monitoring rental arrears, preparing and conducting bank deposits, following up with tenants to ensure rent is paid on time.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, and prepare minutes and actions for distribution
- Assist with maintaining website with up to up to date information.-
- Maintain and keep office environment clean at all times
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 3yrs experience in a related field, preferably real estate or property management, with an accounting or bookkeeping background.
- Proven ability to work well with limited supervision and are comfortable and confident taking initiative to get things done quickly.
- Proven ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously maintaining a high level of accuracy and confidentiality under tight deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement when fielding questions and speaking about the company and its stakeholders.
Skills and Knowledge
- Works well under pressure of multiple deadlines simultaneously and responsibilities in within an ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to perform tasks for members of the leadership team.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Simply Accounting, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent command of the English language –both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work using sound judgement and are proactive.
- Able to work additional hours when required to ensure work and projects are completed.
General Working Conditions
- This is a full-time 35 hour work week, position normally conducted during business hours of 9;00am to 5;00pm, and occasional need to work early mornings, and evenings and the occasional weekend.
- Compensation is market value, and will be negotiated.
We are seeking a friendly team player with a strong willingness to adapt and improve process and productivity in a growing environment. We thank all applicants for their submission, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to the attention of:
Gary Peters at fax number 1 519 928 2311