Drake International Employee Reviews

Physically Demanding Job with an Excellent Management Team
Swamper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
A typical day at work involves excessive amounts of physical labour such as heavy lifting, standing for extended periods of time and breaking down pallets as well as stacking and organizing skids. While working here, I acquired knowledge of how to use a pallet jack as well as time management skills to work quickly and efficiently. The management team is very accommodating with hours which is a bonus for people who need flexibility in their schedules. My co-workers are very hard working and are kind individuals. The hardest part of my day is doing the demanding physical labour, such as heavy lifting, but the most enjoyable part is being able to work with my friends on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No overtime, no room for advancement in the company
Great Head Office
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  GTHAAugust 31, 2015
Drake offers a valuable onboarding program called Drake Boot Camp at their head office which is a great way to get introduced to the company's services and standards. The management team is awesome.
enjoyable co-worker, productive company
Temp Position Day & Ross (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
Working as a temp through Drake International was enjoyable. It was a fast passed, time sensitive work day that was enjoyable working with different cultural backgrounds. learned something new concerning the company and position everyday.
Pros
great training
Cons
temp posotion
High paced productive work environmemt
Pharmaceutical Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 12, 2015
Pull up order sheets, set up work cart, then go through work orders in as accurate and timely fashion till end shift. How to use and operate an orderinfg device that would count down and reorder stock as it was being processed to keep enough stock on hand for followong day. Management was friendly and professional, but also fun to work with. The co-workers were always willing to help and keep you involved in the team environment, making the high paced day enjoyable. The warehouse closed due to a corporate business decision. The people and the work place.
Pros
Workplace and the team envolved
Cons
Warehouse closure
Productive and goal-oriented work with a great work atmosphere
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Clearly explained tasks with a helpful management.
Goal and deadline oriented.
Fun and comfortable work setting.
Set break times with enough time to go and grab lunch if needed.
great pay
Secretary of the Board/ non-profit (Former Employee) –  CalgaryAugust 31, 2015
The work is far a few between, so job security is non existent. but the pay and hours are great. The staff is great and keep you in mind while looking for new contracts.
Fun environment but also a fast one as well
Zellers (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 7, 2015
Very easy job and it was a start for me in my job business. I recommend students to go to Drake and find a job there. I really liked there at the time.
Nothing special to share
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
No opportunities to growth and that's the reason I am looking for a new opportunity outside of Drake. They give great opportunities to newcomers.
Pros
Great company to start your Canadian experience
Cons
No opportunities to growth
Strong Recruiter with excellent customer service
Senior Technical Recuiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Drake is not only cheap but in disarray and I was trying to create my division in IT and Engineering and found that I was not given my chance to work as I wanted to. The hours were long and unnecessary if arrived to work early. Poor management
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
long hours, sales
Lacking in income security.
Labour (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2015
I loved my coworkers, every one of them however with temporary positioning, you never knew where you'd be working next, for how long or for how much until the last moment. The majority of the work didn't pay much and was very physically demanding.
Pros
fantastic people, relaxed hours.
Cons
random jobs, job length, and pay rate. pay was usually low
productive fun workplace
feildstaff (Former Employee) –  kingston ontJanuary 23, 2015
Drake International is a easy fun going job that the employees in the office assigned me to a different work environment almost everyday the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I would get short notice to be at a jobsite so I was always in a rush
Pros
they payed a minimum 4 hrs even if i only worked 2
Cons
short notice
Dock Asistant
Dock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABAugust 3, 2015
Good for casual jobs, company has a number of clients and offer a flexible schedule for its workers. On the overall, it is a decent place.
Bad job/workplace environment
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 27, 2015
I am a Senior Recruiter with over 8 years experience and I am a great Recruiter but they push to do sales if that is not what an individual likes to do. I know where my successes are but unfortunately Drake is more of a sweat shop than anything!
Pros
collegues
Cons
long hours, no freedom
Temporary Worker
Temporary Worker (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2015
Excellent reps at the office that I dealt with. The communication was open between the reps and the clients and quick turn around times for those willing to put in the effort.
Frustrating
Talent Pool (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 9, 2012
I have been a Drake employee for going on 2 years, my placements were not consistent and mostly short term. I am currently in a long term placement that is driving me crazy. I am not eligible for vacation. I do not get any time off that is paid. I feel that they should hold the vacation pay in long term placements so that if a day off is needed you can get paid. There are no benefits at all other than you get paid every Friday
Pros
get paid every friday
Cons
no vacation, no paid time off, vacation pay is on every pay
above most others as far as temp jobs firms are concerned
Temporary Acct Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2012
This company was quite thorough in testing me, to ensure that I was qualified for the position they sent me to. I got all my paychecks on time, When there was a question at the customer about what tasks I was to be doing, someone from this firm advised the customer what I was capable of... and what I was not to be doing. I appreciated this firm's support in my first paying Canadian job.

The people at the customer's location were polite and proper, not terribly friendly but always correct.
Pros
supportive, encouraging, good with testing and analyzing my office skills.
Cons
none that i was aware of.
Fun And Stress-Free first job!
Sign Walker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 3, 2012
My usual day at work would include;

-Arriving a half hour early
-Talking with co-workers and supervisor about the day ahead
-Holding a sign/advertising for the company
-Taking a refreshing fifteen minute break

I had no quarrels with management, Or my Co-workers we all got along well.I would say the hardest part of the job would have been holding onto the sign to keep it from blowing away in the wind.I found this job enjoyable because it was stress-free.
Pros
stress-free environment, friendly co-workers.
Cons
the wind made it hard to hold onto the sign.
Great place to work, fantastic people
Full-time janitor position at Black and Decker (Former Employee) –  Decker, MBApril 25, 2013
Drake International is a great organization to work for.
The office staff is second to none. After being directed by them to Black and Decker, it was a joy to work there. My co-workers were great the greatest part of the job was going to work in the morning. The hardest part was being laid off because the place was closing
Pros
treated very well, by everybody and respected
Cons
no cons
Great place to gain new skills
Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 12, 2013
Drake international Company overall is a Great Temp Agency not only is it better than sitting around at another temp agency but the work load is better your paid weekly and its a great income suppliment id rate it 5 out 6 stars because some area's need work but overall if your starting out a great place to grow
Pros
great service, paid weekly, call in or they call you, can find possible fulltime
Cons
empty work periods
GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT. FUN JOB.
EQAO SCORER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
VERY ORGANIZED FROM JOB INSTRUCTIONS TO PAYROLL. I LIKE READING AND WRITING SO I LIKED MY JOB AS A SCORER IN LONG AND SHORT ESSAYS. UNFORTUNATELY THIS JOB IS ONLY SEASONAL FROM 1 WEEK - 2 WEEK ASSIGNMENT,
Pros
coffe and biscuits are served on linen covered tables. quiet environment.
Cons
short duration of assignment. seasonal.

2.7