Drake International Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced work environment with great experience!
EQAO Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2015
A great emphasis on organization in a fast paced environment consisting of people with all kinds of abilities performing various tasks. I have learned how to work with people, stay organized and be productive regardless of its busiest moments.
Pros
Dealing with people
Cons
not enough workers
Low pay, low work standards
General labour/ (Former Employee) –  lcbo warehouse.17 September 2015
This is one of few agencies that I have worked for that has never made an effort to aid me in actually getting hired on. They do not interact with their employees almost ever, and often have issues with getting overtime pay paid out correctly.

Would not recommend to anyone.
Physically Demanding Job with an Excellent Management Team
Swamper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2015
A typical day at work involves excessive amounts of physical labour such as heavy lifting, standing for extended periods of time and breaking down pallets as well as stacking and organizing skids. While working here, I acquired knowledge of how to use a pallet jack as well as time management skills to work quickly and efficiently. The management team is very accommodating with hours which is a bonus for people who need flexibility in their schedules. My co-workers are very hard working and are kind individuals. The hardest part of my day is doing the demanding physical labour, such as heavy lifting, but the most enjoyable part is being able to work with my friends on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No overtime, no room for advancement in the company
High paced productive work environmemt
Pharmaceutical Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 April 2015
Pull up order sheets, set up work cart, then go through work orders in as accurate and timely fashion till end shift. How to use and operate an orderinfg device that would count down and reorder stock as it was being processed to keep enough stock on hand for followong day. Management was friendly and professional, but also fun to work with. The co-workers were always willing to help and keep you involved in the team environment, making the high paced day enjoyable. The warehouse closed due to a corporate business decision. The people and the work place.
Pros
Workplace and the team envolved
Cons
Warehouse closure
Very Professional Hiring Agency
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2015
The Manager and staff are very helpful and respectful to their employees. They will try their very best to find you a job as soon as they can.
enjoyable co-worker, productive company
Temp Position Day & Ross (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2015
Working as a temp through Drake International was enjoyable. It was a fast passed, time sensitive work day that was enjoyable working with different cultural backgrounds. learned something new concerning the company and position everyday.
Pros
great training
Cons
temp posotion
Frustrating
Talent Pool (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 May 2012
I have been a Drake employee for going on 2 years, my placements were not consistent and mostly short term. I am currently in a long term placement that is driving me crazy. I am not eligible for vacation. I do not get any time off that is paid. I feel that they should hold the vacation pay in long term placements so that if a day off is needed you can get paid. There are no benefits at all other than you get paid every Friday
Pros
get paid every friday
Cons
no vacation, no paid time off, vacation pay is on every pay
above most others as far as temp jobs firms are concerned
Temporary Acct Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2012
This company was quite thorough in testing me, to ensure that I was qualified for the position they sent me to. I got all my paychecks on time, When there was a question at the customer about what tasks I was to be doing, someone from this firm advised the customer what I was capable of... and what I was not to be doing. I appreciated this firm's support in my first paying Canadian job.

The people at the customer's location were polite and proper, not terribly friendly but always correct.
Pros
supportive, encouraging, good with testing and analyzing my office skills.
Cons
none that i was aware of.
Fun And Stress-Free first job!
Sign Walker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 September 2012
My usual day at work would include;

-Arriving a half hour early
-Talking with co-workers and supervisor about the day ahead
-Holding a sign/advertising for the company
-Taking a refreshing fifteen minute break

I had no quarrels with management, Or my Co-workers we all got along well.I would say the hardest part of the job would have been holding onto the sign to keep it from blowing away in the wind.I found this job enjoyable because it was stress-free.
Pros
stress-free environment, friendly co-workers.
Cons
the wind made it hard to hold onto the sign.
Job placements
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 November 2015
Work varied depending on the placement.

Work sometimes consisted of filling orders, assembling products, cleaning, etc.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not enough work
Great place to work, fantastic people
Full-time janitor position at Black and Decker (Former Employee) –  Decker, MB25 April 2013
Drake International is a great organization to work for.
The office staff is second to none. After being directed by them to Black and Decker, it was a joy to work there. My co-workers were great the greatest part of the job was going to work in the morning. The hardest part was being laid off because the place was closing
Pros
treated very well, by everybody and respected
Cons
no cons
Great place to gain new skills
Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2013
Drake international Company overall is a Great Temp Agency not only is it better than sitting around at another temp agency but the work load is better your paid weekly and its a great income suppliment id rate it 5 out 6 stars because some area's need work but overall if your starting out a great place to grow
Pros
Great Service, Paid Weekly, call in or they call you, can find possible fulltime
Cons
Empty work periods
Great Head Office
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  GTHA31 August 2015
Drake offers a valuable onboarding program called Drake Boot Camp at their head office which is a great way to get introduced to the company's services and standards. The management team is awesome.
Good work envoirnment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2015
A good place for temporary work in warehouses. Undependable though for finding more work after temporary jobs are finished.
Productive and goal-oriented work with a great work atmosphere
Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2015
Clearly explained tasks with a helpful management.
Goal and deadline oriented.
Fun and comfortable work setting.
Set break times with enough time to go and grab lunch if needed.
Lacking in income security.
Labour (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2015
I loved my coworkers, every one of them however with temporary positioning, you never knew where you'd be working next, for how long or for how much until the last moment. The majority of the work didn't pay much and was very physically demanding.
Pros
Fantastic people, relaxed hours.
Cons
Random jobs, job length, and pay rate. Pay was usually low
Strong Recruiter with excellent customer service
Senior Technical Recuiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2015
Drake is not only cheap but in disarray and I was trying to create my division in IT and Engineering and found that I was not given my chance to work as I wanted to. The hours were long and unnecessary if arrived to work early. Poor management
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
long hours, sales
Productive workplace with alot of potential.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 November 2012
Working for Bell was an interesting position, i had learned so much and also enjoyed my job as a customer service representative, the only downfall to the job was that i was hired through a temp. agency so the job was only temporary. I had 4 full weeks of hands on training, learning about all of Bell's products, how to deal with customers, and also learning how to use all of the programs for the billing department of Bell home phone. The hardest part of the job was having to meet the sales requirements and also being evaluated on basically everything. The cow-workers and management staff were always great, they made the job more enjoyable. After getting laid off from Bell, i was satisfied with everything i had learned through the company and i planned to use all of my skills in my future employment.
Contract position with intense training
Contract-Customer Service Specialist-Shade-O-Matic (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON19 January 2014
This was a contract position to tide me over until something permanent or closer to home came up. It provided me with an intense 4 week training program that was very detailed and professionally presented
Pros
Free Coffee, new knowledge
Cons
I was commuting 4-5 hrs a day, due to York Region bus strike
productive fun workplace
feildstaff (Former Employee) –  kingston ont23 January 2015
Drake International is a easy fun going job that the employees in the office assigned me to a different work environment almost everyday the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I would get short notice to be at a jobsite so I was always in a rush
Pros
they payed a minimum 4 hrs even if i only worked 2
Cons
short notice

2.7