Drake International Employee Reviews

Scanning and filing EQAO tests
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2016
A typical day at work was scanning and filing EQAO tests. It was generally busy because there was a large amount of tests to file.
Great workplace to gain experience
Data Systems Agent - FedEx (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2016
The opportunity to work at different locations performing different tasks allowed me to grow my skills and knowledge.
Great place to help find work
Temporary Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ste Agathe, MB26 April 2016
Drake provided me an opportunity to work at a canola processing plant. An employee left suddenly for a pregnancy emergency. We spent a lot time working to figure out what she did in a tyical day and spend time catching up on various administration jobs around the plant. I also built and setup the new office areas. I used the company truck to pick up food for guests or parts that needed picked up. I learned how canola is processed from seed to oil. I was in the maintence dept for the last few weeks to assist the new admininstrator. The staff was easy to get along with and took time to teach me various duties at the plant and how it all worked. Working in a loud and dirty environment was a little bit of a challenge but we always found a way to mak it fun. I really enjoyed having different tasks to do on a regular basis. Always kept me busy.
Pros
Posiive work environment
Cons
long drive in winter conditions
EQAO General Administrative/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 April 2016
working at the Toronto congress center is such a great experience, i learned alot as a young women. l the work that i do is very much easy and enjoyable to do, their wasn't really anything hard to do .
very helpful and respectful
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2016
I recommend people to work for Drake International temporarily when you need assistance. They are relaxed and up to date with jobs available
Pros
have places to work
Cons
no benefits like dental, medical, and pension
Dynamic & Engaging Work Enviroment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On17 February 2016
No two days are the same - working with great clients to help them find the talent people to take their business to the next level
Unfair treatment by management
Warehouse Worker, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2016
Firstly, they false advertised for forklift position, they never even had the contract yet and I had to wait almost a month. The woman didn't know anything about the position. When I got there, the job was a material handler and not a general forklift position. The people at the job placement were very unhappy and were bullies to me until I finally walked out and quit because of verbal harassment. I told the woman at Drake that I walked out because of being harassed. 2 days later, the woman at Drake told me that the manager at my placement wanted me back but I refused. Then without her investigating the matter, a month later, I received a letter from Drake stating that I'm fired for walking off the job. By law, it is my right to walk off the job if being harassed or feel threatened. Drake doesn't back their employees, they just throw them out like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Very unorganized, being treated unfairly and lied to.
Getting your foot in the door.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
If you are new into the work industry, its a great place to start.
People are all very friendly.
The data base system needs to be updated badly.
Pros
Meet some really nice people
Cons
High Staff Over turn
Environnement de travail
Secrétaire Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2016
Je ne peut pas en dire beaucoup sur cette entreprise ayant travaillé pour eux seulement pour faire mon stage en commis de bureau.
Proper expectations according to an labour agency
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East York, ON6 January 2016
I was assigned to a customer of the agency. All the information needed was handled to me and all the right procedures of an agency were followed. I worked for this client as long as my services were needed and I have no complaint about Drake.
Very Professional Hiring Agency
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2015
The Manager and staff are very helpful and respectful to their employees. They will try their very best to find you a job as soon as they can.
Good work envoirnment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2015
A good place for temporary work in warehouses. Undependable though for finding more work after temporary jobs are finished.
Job placements
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 November 2015
Work varied depending on the placement.

Work sometimes consisted of filling orders, assembling products, cleaning, etc.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not enough work
Low pay, low work standards
General labour/ (Former Employee) –  lcbo warehouse.17 September 2015
This is one of few agencies that I have worked for that has never made an effort to aid me in actually getting hired on. They do not interact with their employees almost ever, and often have issues with getting overtime pay paid out correctly.

Would not recommend to anyone.
Fun environment but also a fast one as well
Zellers (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2015
Very easy job and it was a start for me in my job business. I recommend students to go to Drake and find a job there. I really liked there at the time.
great pay
Secretary of the Board/ non-profit (Former Employee) –  Calgary31 August 2015
The work is far a few between, so job security is non existent. but the pay and hours are great. The staff is great and keep you in mind while looking for new contracts.
Great Head Office
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  GTHA31 August 2015
Drake offers a valuable onboarding program called Drake Boot Camp at their head office which is a great way to get introduced to the company's services and standards. The management team is awesome.
Temp jobs are great for networking and getting inside view of jobs that interest you.
Mulltiple Employment Services (Former Employee) –  BC28 August 2015
All Temporary services offer opportunity to learn various day to day
procedures with a view to inside employment. Management is great because they can guide you to where you want to be and what you need to get there. Co-workers offer you other views of various jobs
in your field. The hardest part of these jobs is leaving sometimes,
The best of Term work is always increasing your network of friends and employment opportunites.
Pros
various jobs
Cons
sometimes term is too short.
Productive and fast paced work environment with great experience!
EQAO Sorter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2015
A great emphasis on organization in a fast paced environment consisting of people with all kinds of abilities performing various tasks. I have learned how to work with people, stay organized and be productive regardless of its busiest moments.
Pros
Dealing with people
Cons
not enough workers
Dock Asistant
Dock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB3 August 2015
Good for casual jobs, company has a number of clients and offer a flexible schedule for its workers. On the overall, it is a decent place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drake International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6