Drake International

Drake International Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Order Picker (Metro) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 November 2016
I worked for this company for about a month and had a great time using the pallet loaders. I had to wrap up orders and get them out to the right truck for shipping.
Pros
Positive staff
Cons
Rushing
Excellent company, loved working with the administration staff
Error Corrections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 November 2016
Timely contact, efficient administration, great company to be associated with. Would highly recommend to others that they apply for any position.
very fun and energetic place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 August 2016
it was really fun working within a warehouse environment and learning the logistics of how things are shipped in and out of a warehouse and learning how employees really create the cycle or system to keep it flowing
Pros
full-time hours
Cons
always being a temp
Hardworking employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2016
Shahana is amazing at keeping in touch with me and keeping me up to date on upcoming job opportunities as well as making sure I am receiving my pay in a timely manner. Excellent communication.
Lots of oppurtunities
General labourer positions (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 August 2016
Provided lots of different variations of labouring jobs for people that are looking to explore there options on the type of careers they're eager to steer towards.
Office Assistant
Industrial Rail Incorporation - - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 August 2016
Maintained filing systems, tallied employee’s time cards, and organized schedules.

Stocked shelves and organized a library of books from reading info books to stock and company information books
Pros
Daily hours, weekends off
Cons
Let go within short term
productive fun work environment with lots of multi cultural backgrounds
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  1600 Renee levesque, QC3 August 2016
Loads of fun and a great way to improve in the work field. The only problem is that there isn't much employment and the jobs are super far.
Pros
fun experiences
Cons
not enough employment
Amazing agency
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 May 2016
great staff, great commutation, always keeping you inform of new job opportunities. Making sure that everything is okay at the job site, very well managed agency.
Scanning and filing EQAO tests
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2016
A typical day at work was scanning and filing EQAO tests. It was generally busy because there was a large amount of tests to file.
Great workplace to gain experience
Data Systems Agent - FedEx (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2016
The opportunity to work at different locations performing different tasks allowed me to grow my skills and knowledge.
Great place to help find work
Temporary Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ste Agathe, MB26 April 2016
Drake provided me an opportunity to work at a canola processing plant. An employee left suddenly for a pregnancy emergency. We spent a lot time working to figure out what she did in a tyical day and spend time catching up on various administration jobs around the plant. I also built and setup the new office areas. I used the company truck to pick up food for guests or parts that needed picked up. I learned how canola is processed from seed to oil. I was in the maintence dept for the last few weeks to assist the new admininstrator. The staff was easy to get along with and took time to teach me various duties at the plant and how it all worked. Working in a loud and dirty environment was a little bit of a challenge but we always found a way to mak it fun. I really enjoyed having different tasks to do on a regular basis. Always kept me busy.
Pros
Posiive work environment
Cons
long drive in winter conditions
EQAO General Administrative/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 April 2016
working at the Toronto congress center is such a great experience, i learned alot as a young women. l the work that i do is very much easy and enjoyable to do, their wasn't really anything hard to do .
very helpful and respectful
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2016
I recommend people to work for Drake International temporarily when you need assistance. They are relaxed and up to date with jobs available
Pros
have places to work
Cons
no benefits like dental, medical, and pension
Dynamic & Engaging Work Enviroment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On17 February 2016
No two days are the same - working with great clients to help them find the talent people to take their business to the next level
Unfair treatment by management
Warehouse Worker, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2016
Firstly, they false advertised for forklift position, they never even had the contract yet and I had to wait almost a month. The woman didn't know anything about the position. When I got there, the job was a material handler and not a general forklift position. The people at the job placement were very unhappy and were bullies to me until I finally walked out and quit because of verbal harassment. I told the woman at Drake that I walked out because of being harassed. 2 days later, the woman at Drake told me that the manager at my placement wanted me back but I refused. Then without her investigating the matter, a month later, I received a letter from Drake stating that I'm fired for walking off the job. By law, it is my right to walk off the job if being harassed or feel threatened. Drake doesn't back their employees, they just throw them out like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Very unorganized, being treated unfairly and lied to.
Getting your foot in the door.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
If you are new into the work industry, its a great place to start.
People are all very friendly.
The data base system needs to be updated badly.
Pros
Meet some really nice people
Cons
High Staff Over turn
Proper expectations according to an labour agency
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East York, ON6 January 2016
I was assigned to a customer of the agency. All the information needed was handled to me and all the right procedures of an agency were followed. I worked for this client as long as my services were needed and I have no complaint about Drake.
Very Professional Hiring Agency
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2015
The Manager and staff are very helpful and respectful to their employees. They will try their very best to find you a job as soon as they can.
Good work envoirnment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 November 2015
A good place for temporary work in warehouses. Undependable though for finding more work after temporary jobs are finished.
Job placements
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON5 November 2015
Work varied depending on the placement.

Work sometimes consisted of filling orders, assembling products, cleaning, etc.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not enough work

2.6