Drake International Employee Reviews

Pretty Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2017
Compared to a similar style employer in Amazon and Staff Management, DRAKE treated me far better. You may get cut sooner than expected on contract jobs, however. Nice people, though, and often looking for other jobs for you, including well paid and permanent positions.
Good to start
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2017
Good place to learn the basics. Much needs to be improved though so if you want to see improvements in the system etc. then be ready to come up with your own solutions.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
The company provides an excellent environment and educational training for organisational skill advancement. Good welfare package and incentives. A lovely learning environment with friendly co-workers. The managers have keen eye details and a committed passion for organisational growth, with efficiency as the major watchword.
There great for helping to find work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 September 2017
This company was always good to me helped me find part time work and placements there staff was supper nice and respectful as well helpful in service and questions
Pros
Helpfull
My Work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON18 September 2017
I work for Randstat now. I work in Receiving & Jackpot. Management is great with all the Workers. The Culture is great work
I don't find anything hard. Having extra breaks, Meetings & Longer Lunch Breaks..
Pros
I love the Hours I work
Useless is all I can say.
Seeking Employment (Former Employee) –  London Ontario Canada17 September 2017
Went there and signed up and wasted an hour or two and even paid for parking. No phone calls at all.. Stay away... Useless staff that I even question if they have a high school education.
Pros
Non
Cons
To many to list
not so good
Branch Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2017
- poor work life balance
- upper management has no clue about the front line
- poor work environment
- too many chiefs not enough Indians
- location is downtown
I like my job
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2017
It is fine, I have no problems with the company. I am looking fir growth. The work environment is fine and I enjoy my team. It is a god company to work for
the culture is the only thing that makes it worthwhile
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 August 2017
made me work nights, so would be sleeping when anything i needed to go to was open.

i learned i dont like working nights.

management really really sucks. They'd forget basic promises, made me lose a job, ect.

the culture is good, people great to get along with.
Productive and friendly experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON27 July 2017
I have no problems with Drake. They are friendly and easygoing to work with. As long as you keep in contact with them when you are not working, they keep you up to date on jobs and contracts.
stay away
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2017
never have work, under paid, tells you your working 40+ hours only get paid 30+ hours, never sends you a pay stub, never returns calls, sends important documents to the wrong address and to the wrong people, tell you will start on a monday turns around and says nevermind can you wait 3 weeks
Pros
always work
Cons
everything
Fast paced work attention to detail ,safety first always.
Customer Service & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 July 2017
Depending on your job position your duties will vary in what it entails for you. The dock area is busy with fork lifts and people moving around quickly. The offices are busy with the hum of chatter and people typing away planing the day week and month for the drivers of the company.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Shift work
good place to work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 June 2017
this company is a great place to be employed. great staff enjoyed working for them only thing is not much work. would work here again if there was more work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not much work
bon
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 June 2017
je ne comprend pas quoi je besoin ecrire ici.......
Temporary Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 June 2017
Drake is greatfor helping you find work that is temporary and short term. Staff is great to work with but there is a disconnect between Drake and the companies that use them for contract employees.
Good worklife balance.
EQAO Scorer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Congress Center4 June 2017
It is very nice place to work as an EQAO scorer at Toronto Congress Center. There were a good work life balance because the work timings starts from 8:30am to 4:30pm. I learned all the job requirements to be an EQAO scorer. The management were really good and the time management was really maintained. There were no hardest part in the job and the most enjoyable manner was the coordinators gave all the suport for doing the job.
amazin eperiences
Server (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 May 2017
having the opportunity to work in multiple and different fields, when worked as a server, learned how to be proper and respective, proper table manner and proper servers skills
Worked as a mover learned how to properly pack boxes according to shapes and sizes of objects
Pros
amazing hours
Cons
not always jobs positions available
Productive and fun job working for city contractor
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 May 2017
I really enjoyed this job, having designated routes for daily garbage pick up curb side. This job was very physical demanding and can lead to career with DZ license.
Deceiving is there motto
Trades (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
Applied for a position at the salary range was within what I was looking for. Seen the same job posting through the company awhile ago but didn't receive a call back but since Drake had the job I went through them. Did the test and I was told that I was what the company was looking for but didn't receive the job because the posting that they made was not the salary posted so instead of contacting me and telling me the option, they decided to not go that route but repost the job with a lower salary. Honesty is a trait I look for and they just don't have it. If you want your name dragged through the mud then you go with this agency because I'm sure they lied about me not being able to work since I probably found another position.
I tend to not go with agency just because of that.
Pros
There's none
Cons
They'll throw you under the bus
good employer
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Created new processes and system for increasing shipping and processing merchandise. Cross-trained and provided back-up for other departments when needed. Trained completed with: shipping/receiving, O,S&D'S, and order picking. With complex scanning system and hard copy filing and paperwork. Resolved products issues and shared benefits of the new technology. Accurately logged all daily shipping and receiving orders. Stocked and rotated inventory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Drake International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7