Drake International

Drake International Employee Reviews in Canada

Unfair treatment by management
Warehouse Worker, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Firstly, they false advertised for forklift position, they never even had the contract yet and I had to wait almost a month. The woman didn't know anything about the position. When I got there, the job was a material handler and not a general forklift position. The people at the job placement were very unhappy and were bullies to me until I finally walked out and quit because of verbal harassment. I told the woman at Drake that I walked out because of being harassed. 2 days later, the woman at Drake told me that the manager at my placement wanted me back but I refused. Then without her investigating the matter, a month later, I received a letter from Drake stating that I'm fired for walking off the job. By law, it is my right to walk off the job if being harassed or feel threatened. Drake doesn't back their employees, they just throw them out like garbage.
Pros
Cons
Very unorganized, being treated unfairly and lied to.
Great place to help find work
Temporary Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ste Agathe, MBApril 26, 2016
Drake provided me an opportunity to work at a canola processing plant. An employee left suddenly for a pregnancy emergency. We spent a lot time working to figure out what she did in a tyical day and spend time catching up on various administration jobs around the plant. I also built and setup the new office areas. I used the company truck to pick up food for guests or parts that needed picked up. I learned how canola is processed from seed to oil. I was in the maintence dept for the last few weeks to assist the new admininstrator. The staff was easy to get along with and took time to teach me various duties at the plant and how it all worked. Working in a loud and dirty environment was a little bit of a challenge but we always found a way to mak it fun. I really enjoyed having different tasks to do on a regular basis. Always kept me busy.
Pros
Posiive work environment
Cons
long drive in winter conditions
Office Assistant
Industrial Rail Incorporation - - Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 4, 2016
Maintained filing systems, tallied employee’s time cards, and organized schedules.

Stocked shelves and organized a library of books from reading info books to stock and company information books
Pros
Daily hours, weekends off
Cons
Let go within short term
very fun and energetic place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 21, 2016
it was really fun working within a warehouse environment and learning the logistics of how things are shipped in and out of a warehouse and learning how employees really create the cycle or system to keep it flowing
Pros
full-time hours
Cons
always being a temp
productive fun work environment with lots of multi cultural backgrounds
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  1600 Renee levesque, QCAugust 3, 2016
Loads of fun and a great way to improve in the work field. The only problem is that there isn't much employment and the jobs are super far.
Pros
fun experiences
Cons
not enough employment
Hardworking employees
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2016
Shahana is amazing at keeping in touch with me and keeping me up to date on upcoming job opportunities as well as making sure I am receiving my pay in a timely manner. Excellent communication.
Lots of oppurtunities
General labourer positions (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 9, 2016
Provided lots of different variations of labouring jobs for people that are looking to explore there options on the type of careers they're eager to steer towards.
Amazing agency
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2016
great staff, great commutation, always keeping you inform of new job opportunities. Making sure that everything is okay at the job site, very well managed agency.
EQAO General Administrative/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 18, 2016
working at the Toronto congress center is such a great experience, i learned alot as a young women. l the work that i do is very much easy and enjoyable to do, their wasn't really anything hard to do .
very helpful and respectful
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 15, 2016
I recommend people to work for Drake International temporarily when you need assistance. They are relaxed and up to date with jobs available
Pros
have places to work
Cons
no benefits like dental, medical, and pension
Scanning and filing EQAO tests
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work was scanning and filing EQAO tests. It was generally busy because there was a large amount of tests to file.
Great workplace to gain experience
Data Systems Agent - FedEx (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2016
The opportunity to work at different locations performing different tasks allowed me to grow my skills and knowledge.
Physically Demanding Job with an Excellent Management Team
Swamper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
A typical day at work involves excessive amounts of physical labour such as heavy lifting, standing for extended periods of time and breaking down pallets as well as stacking and organizing skids. While working here, I acquired knowledge of how to use a pallet jack as well as time management skills to work quickly and efficiently. The management team is very accommodating with hours which is a bonus for people who need flexibility in their schedules. My co-workers are very hard working and are kind individuals. The hardest part of my day is doing the demanding physical labour, such as heavy lifting, but the most enjoyable part is being able to work with my friends on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No overtime, no room for advancement in the company
Dynamic & Engaging Work Enviroment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OnFebruary 17, 2016
No two days are the same - working with great clients to help them find the talent people to take their business to the next level
Getting your foot in the door.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
If you are new into the work industry, its a great place to start.
People are all very friendly.
The data base system needs to be updated badly.
Pros
Meet some really nice people
Cons
High Staff Over turn
Temp jobs are great for networking and getting inside view of jobs that interest you.
Mulltiple Employment Services (Former Employee) –  BCAugust 28, 2015
All Temporary services offer opportunity to learn various day to day
procedures with a view to inside employment. Management is great because they can guide you to where you want to be and what you need to get there. Co-workers offer you other views of various jobs
in your field. The hardest part of these jobs is leaving sometimes,
The best of Term work is always increasing your network of friends and employment opportunites.
Pros
various jobs
Cons
sometimes term is too short.
Proper expectations according to an labour agency
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East York, ONJanuary 6, 2016
I was assigned to a customer of the agency. All the information needed was handled to me and all the right procedures of an agency were followed. I worked for this client as long as my services were needed and I have no complaint about Drake.
Frustrating
Talent Pool (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 9, 2012
I have been a Drake employee for going on 2 years, my placements were not consistent and mostly short term. I am currently in a long term placement that is driving me crazy. I am not eligible for vacation. I do not get any time off that is paid. I feel that they should hold the vacation pay in long term placements so that if a day off is needed you can get paid. There are no benefits at all other than you get paid every Friday
Pros
get paid every friday
Cons
no vacation, no paid time off, vacation pay is on every pay
Very Professional Hiring Agency
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 19, 2015
The Manager and staff are very helpful and respectful to their employees. They will try their very best to find you a job as soon as they can.
Good work envoirnment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 11, 2015
A good place for temporary work in warehouses. Undependable though for finding more work after temporary jobs are finished.

2.7