Drake International

Drake International Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Temp jobs are great for networking and getting inside view of jobs that interest you.
Mulltiple Employment Services (Former Employee), BCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: various jobs
Cons: sometimes term is too short.
All Temporary services offer opportunity to learn various day to day
procedures with a view to inside employment. Management is great because they can guide you to where you want to be and what you need to get there. Co-workers offer you other views of various jobs
in your field. The hardest part of these jobs is leaving sometimes,
The best of Term work is always increasing your network of friends and employment opportunites.
Productive and fast paced work environment with great experience!
EQAO Sorter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Dealing with people
Cons: not enough workers
A great emphasis on organization in a fast paced environment consisting of people with all kinds of abilities performing various tasks. I have learned how to work with people, stay organized and be productive regardless of its busiest moments.
Dock Asistant
Dock Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary ABAugust 3, 2015
Good for casual jobs, company has a number of clients and offer a flexible schedule for its workers. On the overall, it is a decent place.
Productive and goal-oriented work with a great work atmosphere
Room Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2015
Clearly explained tasks with a helpful management.
Goal and deadline oriented.
Fun and comfortable work setting.
Set break times with enough time to go and grab lunch if needed.
enjoyable co-worker, productive company
Temp Position Day & Ross (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
Pros: great training
Cons: temp posotion
Working as a temp through Drake International was enjoyable. It was a fast passed, time sensitive work day that was enjoyable working with different cultural backgrounds. learned something new concerning the company and position everyday.
Temporary Worker
Temporary Worker (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 9, 2015
Excellent reps at the office that I dealt with. The communication was open between the reps and the clients and quick turn around times for those willing to put in the effort.
Physically Demanding Job with an Excellent Management Team
Swamper (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: No overtime, no room for advancement in the company
A typical day at work involves excessive amounts of physical labour such as heavy lifting, standing for extended periods of time and breaking down pallets as well as stacking and organizing skids. While working here, I acquired knowledge of how to use a pallet jack as well as time management skills to work quickly and efficiently. The management team is very accommodating with hours which is a bonus for people who need flexibility in their schedules. My co-workers are very hard working and are kind individuals. The hardest part of my day is doing the demanding physical labour, such as heavy lifting, but the most enjoyable part is being able to work with my friends on a daily basis.
Nothing special to share
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great company to start your Canadian experience
Cons: No opportunities to growth
No opportunities to growth and that's the reason I am looking for a new opportunity outside of Drake. They give great opportunities to newcomers.
Learned many new skills
Temporary Laborer Contracts (Former Employee), Brockville, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: didn't always do the same job
Cons: was only a placement
Every day and every different placement was different which I learned many new skills. Work with great Drake management staff.
Great co workers
Picker (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONApril 13, 2015
It was great hours but shifts get cancelled constantly . Work was 8 hour shifts and you were always moving. The shift was from monday to friday from 2:30pm till 11pm.
High paced productive work environmemt
Pharmaceutical Order Picker (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Workplace and the team envolved
Cons: Warehouse closure
Pull up order sheets, set up work cart, then go through work orders in as accurate and timely fashion till end shift. How to use and operate an orderinfg device that would count down and reorder stock as it was being processed to keep enough stock on hand for followong day. Management was friendly and professional, but also fun to work with. The co-workers were always willing to help and keep you involved in the team environment, making the high paced day enjoyable. The warehouse closed due to a corporate business decision. The people and the work place.
sweat shop
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: long hours, no flexibility, no training
online training that is given but no time to finish
no hands-on training with a manager
horrible work conditions, (no sink, no utensils no Kleenex)!!
fair
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 9, 2015
it is a sales job with high targets. It is not and HR position, and do not mistake it for one. Good experience to learn the nuts and bolts of recruitment
Strong Recruiter with excellent customer service
Senior Technical Recuiter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: long hours, sales
Drake is not only cheap but in disarray and I was trying to create my division in IT and Engineering and found that I was not given my chance to work as I wanted to. The hours were long and unnecessary if arrived to work early. Poor management
Bad job/workplace environment
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: collegues
Cons: long hours, no freedom
I am a Senior Recruiter with over 8 years experience and I am a great Recruiter but they push to do sales if that is not what an individual likes to do. I know where my successes are but unfortunately Drake is more of a sweat shop than anything!
productive fun workplace
feildstaff (Former Employee), kingston ontJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: they payed a minimum 4 hrs even if i only worked 2
Cons: short notice
Drake International is a easy fun going job that the employees in the office assigned me to a different work environment almost everyday the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I would get short notice to be at a jobsite so I was always in a rush
Lacking in income security.
Labour (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fantastic people, relaxed hours.
Cons: random jobs, job length, and pay rate. pay was usually low
I loved my coworkers, every one of them however with temporary positioning, you never knew where you'd be working next, for how long or for how much until the last moment. The majority of the work didn't pay much and was very physically demanding.
Great company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2014
I have held a temporary placement with Drake for the past four and a half months. My workplace has been great to work in and a wonderful learning experience. I am so grateful to Drake for this placement and also for their encouragement along the way. Thank you Drake!
nice office with qualified personnel
Admin work (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good assignments
Cons: long hours
excellent in getting temporary assignments Assignments lasted 2 weeks to 1 month
called me for work.
Labourer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 4, 2014
Not a bad company to work for.

You work when you are avaliable, they find you jobs that suit you best.