Our client is a leader in compliance training and consulting for hazardous materials/dangerous goods and is looking for an OFFICE COORDINATOR to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for a variety of functions in supporting the General Manager and Controller in efforts such as preparing reports, scheduling appointments, contacting customers, monitoring sales volumes, establishing and analyzing sales trends. The role also contains an administrative support aspect for the office. The ability to apply intermediate level subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues will also play a part in the day-to-day role. You will need to exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for the VP & GM and Controller;
- Providing administrative coordination/support such as scheduling appointments, creating meeting notes, preparing itinerary, corporate documents, presentations and memos and performing other administrative functions as required;
- Preparing and conduct research for new or on-going strategic initiatives, industry related news and business development projects;
- Coordinating activities and liaise with external parties on behalf of the company;
- Handling sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy;
- Anticipating needs, thinking logically and creatively and exercising good judgment;
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and maturity at all times;
- Coordinating and overseeing all building maintenance and services;
- Managing the planning and implementation of the office and conducting continuous improvement initiatives relating to policies and procedures;
- Liaising with other department heads to ensure safety requirements of the organization's facilities and assets;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Expected to assist with general office coverage when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Self-motivated and tenacious;
- Ability to solve practical problems by applying analytical reasoning;
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and ACCPAC;
- Ability to work effectively when unsupervised as well as in a team environment;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience;
- Must have reliable means of transportation;
- University/College graduate in business administration an asset.
Position pays $40,000 to $45,000 per year plus benefits. Interested candidates should email their resume quoting file OFFCOOW-0517
Indeed - 4 months ago