DraftFCB

DraftFCB Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production and Coordination
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee), Sandton, GPJune 12, 2014
Pros: day offs and vouchers
Cons: 23 hours max
well Being a Logistics Coordinator / manager is not as easy as its said.
with the current company I'm working for being an social behavior type of advertiser, you would be lined up with plus minus 8 events that you'd need to coordinate for and as a manager/ coordinator it really helps to have your inventory values triple checked as my MD would say, – more... initially before we could outsource our storage we would collate all the required items manually without depending from any professionalized business to assist with the coordination and transportation.

So I learned to to plan a project in advance before the required delivery date, from Raising ans sourcing costs whether it would be raising a cost Estimate from the System or using all the contingencies to cover costs and also working crazy hours jusst to get production going.

Its a great sense of reward to see your work being recommended by your superiors and also from the Clients perspective. – less
Dreary, tense, unsupportive
Freelance (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 11, 2014
No one helped. No one talked. Felt like an interloper, which I guess I was.
N/A
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Fun place to work with. Challenging environment.
IT transformation project in collaboration with external E&Y ERP Consultants.
Fun and hard working co-workers.
Learnt a lot about project and people management at the organization.
SAP Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2014
I was the project manager leading a major SAP implementation on a contract basis. Therefore, I was not exposed to company benefits. The best part of the job was the client team I worked with. The worst were the extremely long hours during the conversion/cutover period.
Productive and engaging place to work.
Project Manager/Moderator (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 12, 2013
Pros: coffee bar
An awesome place to work with friendly employees. A typical day is work hard with a balance of blended perks and family atmosphere. Great interactive atmosphere.
Great
Intern (Former Employee), ChicagoOctober 16, 2013
Wonderful culture, lots of opportunities to take the initiative
Great Company
Freelance Designer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 3, 2013
Great company and group people. Small client list.
Work was either nuts or slow, which I actually didn't mind. But this wouldn't be a great fit for someone who is looking for a more steady/consistent work flow.
Inspiring environment
Copywriter (Current Employee), Sandown, GPAugust 13, 2013
Pros: training opportunities
Draft cb has allowed me to discover a lot of things in my career. It has provided me with an opportunity to interact with one of SA's top brands, Vodacom.
Informal and Creative advertising Agency
Receptionist (Current Employee), London, ENGAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free coffeebar and free drinks every thursday at the bar at work
Reception is a challenging role, with lots to juggle and unexpected developments throughout the day. I work in a team of two and I have a great working relationship with all of my colleagues. It is a laid back, informal company with a vibrant buzz and successful strategies.
The hardest part of the role is being spread too thinly, with large board meetings – more... catering has to be organised, the meeting rooms have to be organised all the whilst dealing with the every day duties of reception.
I love working on reception, I want to give the best service I can and having ten years experience it comes instinctively. You have to be sociable, unflappable, efficient, adaptable and approachable and I feel I have all those characteristics and more. They all combine together to provide a first class customer focused approach which is what reception is all about. – less
Great Perks
Receptionist (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2013
Pros: free coffee bar, monthly concerts
Cons: layoffs
Decent place to work. Busy, creative environment. Very nice office space in a great location.
Productive and a very happy place to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee), Durban South AfricaJune 26, 2013
Pros: when time was needed off it was never a problem
Cons: no cons
No two days were ever the same other than answering the phones.
I did learn that some people could be difficult and it was up to me to accomplish what I was there for.
Management ... both easy and hard at times but they had their reasons
Loved my co-workers
Was having to leave early if my desk was not cleared
Enjoyed everything about my job ... looked – more... forward to each and every day there. – less
Amazing Company with incredible benifits
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2013
Pros: excellent benifits, filled with creative minds, free professional growth classes
We were a small group where everyone had to pitch in and I thrived on the excitement of being involved at every level of every project.
Diversified
Client Accounting/Billing Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 7, 2013
Extensive exposure to consumer and pharma side of business
Good Place to Work
VP Project Management Director- Sony Retail (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2013
Learned a lot while I was at DFCB about marketing as well as about running various businesses. Management team is solid and are approachable. Most important is it's filled with good people.
Great Environment
Client Business Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2013
Pros: great work/life balance. everyone friendly.
I love working here. My only complaint is I was hired in, and less that 2 months later they announce my position will be eliminated in another 3 months.
Doesn't really seem like the company plans ahead.
PRINT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee), CAPE TOWN, WESTERN CAPEJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: great industry to be in
Cons: no perks
A typical day at work is always challenging as i work on retail accounts.
everything is possible if you put your mind to it
enjoy working with people
my colleagues are awesome and very knowledgable
hardest part of my job is the deadlines.
being able to produce a final product
Fun place to work.
Digital Editor (Current Employee), JohannesburgJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: when you winning awards it's great.
Cons: not winning and staying mediocre.
A typical day starts with getting a brief via chase and start planning from that point and that is followed by reviews and finally when the job is done it goes back to traffic department to dispatch.

I've learned quiet a lot in 13years at draftfcb apart from attending the courses, but from the culture, colleagues and just about everything I can get – more... my hands on.

The management is fair and allows opportunities for individuals to grow and co workers are fun people to work with. The hardest part about the job is comming up with ground breaking ideas all the time since advertising is solely based on great ideas and ideas that matter.

The joy in this business is seeing your work on tv, print, website or hearing your ad on the radio, but the great joy is when you win an award for the great piece of work. – less
Productive, deadline driven, fast paced
Account Executive (Current Employee), Cape TownJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Cons: long hours, stressfull working days
Most days are really, really busy. Initially this was challenging as my job includes managing both my clients expectations as well as learning and managing internal processes.

The most difficult part of my job is being able to manage stressful situations and all the people involved in getting the job out successfully.

The most enjoyable part of my – more... job is that I'm fortunate to work with a great group of individuals that really does make the craziest days worth going through. – less
Generally very good place to work
A Digital Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2012
Pros: great people, decent time off
Cons: not so great management
But somewhat stagnant culturally and technically. Lots of great people to work with. Management is slow to pick up and make good decisions- rule with smoke an mirrors.
Difficult work environment
Senior Medical Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2012
Pros: challenging. interesting speakers, guests, culture. good benefits.
Cons: negative management style, not enough training, reviews not objective.
There was a pervasively negative attitude that came from managers and from the other departments we worked with. People were encouraged to undermine each other by management polices. Training was non-existent and process was never made clear. Reviews were based on idiosyncracies of managers, and some had negative reviews every year even though they – more... were performing well above their station. It was demoralizing. – less

About DraftFCB

Subsidiaries of this company come between brands and the general public. The Interpublic Group of Companies is one of the world's – Read more