Dr. Green Services

Dr. Green Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Brutal
Lawn Technician (Former Employee), OntarioJune 4, 2014
Cons: where do i begin?
As a Lawn Technician, you are paid based on commission. Every application is worth a different percentage that the employee makes. Company sets you up for failure where customers threaten to call the cops on you for trespassing. You are pressured to service the lawn and "stick" the customer with the invoice. They will also do whatever they can to withhold – more... your pay of you resign or get terminated.

They have a large fleet of trucks with only 2 or 3 being in decent shape. The rest have stenches insides, in poor condition with check engine lights on, leaking fuel tanks and etc.

You start at 6AM and finish when you're done all the houses in your route. If you're quick you can finish ariund 1:00PM. At the beginning they hand you a sheet explaining the pay structure, but when you get your check it's not broken down. It just says "COMMISSION" so you never really know what your actual pay should be. When they sit down to explain it to you, they do it in a manner where you're more confused than ever once they're done.

Good Luck – less
great management support professional work environment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), cambridge ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: great incentives
Cons: late night/wknd hours
plan organize daily route trips role playing drive to and from the sales field
Horrible Company to work for
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), ChicagoJune 26, 2013
Cons: work you to death
This company promises you all these different incentives but delivers on none. STAY AWAY!
Great pay, fun work, good overall experience
Former sales representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: working outside, great money, part-time afternoon shifts
Cons: had to work in rain, dealing with upset/rude people sometimes
I was recruited in 2012 to be a member of Doctor Green's door to door sales staff, and ultimately had a good experience with it (I eventually left at the end of the year to pursue a career in my field). The sales training was effective, and once I was able to apply myself I actually had a lot of fun working independently and in the team environment – more... as well. Management was easy to get along with and I was very happy with the money I was making. Working the weekend wasn't always fun but I have to admit the money was worth it! – less
Summer position only
Shop/Route Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2012
Pros: good experience
Cons: no advancement
As an employer this company is good for summer students who want to make some money in between semesters. It was a good job because I learned a lot about small business operations but there was no advancement possible.