Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work for advancement, the knowledge that you receive for advancement outstanding.
Route Auditor (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 23, 2016
typical day at work is to interact with route drivers full service vending drivers, management, finance department for updated information about the cash room, check POD, cashier driver out if they have any form of currency, pack up DSD and invoices for the to be sent off to an our headquarter for scanning. Prepared bank deposit and balance cash handle for the day.
There is nothing hard about my job, I actually think that my job is the best that it can get.
The most enjoyable thing about working for the company that I work for and has worked for is that that all taught me something that brought the best out in my work ethics. It has made me more determine to go after what I want out of life and in the working field.
Benefits
Cons
pay range
Very solid place with productivity, benefits, and good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 24, 2016
It was a good place to work and also a very good place to learn expectations. Management was very good at guiding you through your daily tasks if you were to have questions. Co-workers were very helpful when it came down to it. If you were behind or struggling with something specific both management and co-workers would give a helping hand. The most enjoyable part of job would have to be the early hours along with payment being every week.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, healthcare, good management, work environment
Cons
A lot of driving and early hours
Good pay, Great Benefits, Poor Hours
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIMarch 3, 2016
This job has many advancement opportunities if your willing to push management and constantly show them you want to do more. Merchandising was extremely easy and fun. If you don't mind working 20 hr days working in the warehouse is for you
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Lazy Management
unrealistic expectations
service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
tech work 60% clerk work. plus services repairs inventory expense report order parts vendors. if accused wrong doing, no chance to defend, suspend. never have any specialty tools. techs have to chase vendors for invoices. two techs for 5 locations( no shelter in some location. great company poor fleet leadership.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
unrealistic expectations, poor fleet management
overall a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Great company to work for. Overall good work environment and promotes from within. Well structured management team. Benefits package is pretty good.
Pros
Career development, compensation, bennifits
Organized environment
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2015
Great benefits that start the same day you are hired, friendly coworkers and tolerable environment overall. My job consists of unloading trucks and replenishing warehouse to make ready for night loaders. It's not rocket science, and a decent job. The last half of my day is working outside assisting with checking in trucks and maintaining damaged product, pallets and empty shelves.

Overall the job is ok but the pay is not the best, and you're schedule is always subject to change. I don't see any advancement within the company to make more money, even most of the veteran employees are not satisfied with their current rate of pay. If you want to make good money with this company you would have to be a driver, manager or salesman. If you're in warehouse or production, too bad.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Modern facility, great if you are flexible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 20, 2016
Good job, physical at times... great benefits. Huge facility, great bunch of hard working individuals. My time there, the foremen were well suited and experienced. Very hot in the summer, a lot of overtime in warm months.
Great place, great people
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at Dr. Pepper Snapple was peaceful and painless. I learned a lot there about how to work in stressful situations. Management was very considerate and worked well with the employees. The hardest part of the job was not having a scheduled end time. I did not like working without knowing what time I would get off work. That was the biggest issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people. We knew what the goal was each day and everyone did well working to together in order to make sure that goals were met.
Pros
job security, benefits
Cons
not knowing what time i would get off work.
Very fun and energetic company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MAPPLE HEIGHTSApril 4, 2016
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a very good company to work for. It is a company that promotes within and recognizes the employees who have self motivation and determination to further their career and improve the companies image and production. The management allows employees to navigate through the day in the manner that best suits the individual as long as it is within company policy and the individuals work is completed.
Pros
Self motivation creates more opportunity, and work at your own pace
Fun place to work
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
I had a ball working for this company. It was basically a do your job type of atmosphere. You are your own boss. the co-workers are great.
Benefits
Cons
Hard job not helped by poor management and salesman
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2016
I was in between jobs and I thought I would try this. I was looking for a different career. I actually liked the job but too much BS. They want you to work 6 days for up to 12 hours. Knew the first week this was not what I wanted. They convinced me to stay on the conditions that i work only 5 days a week. The work was easy but physical. The worst was digging through a skid of product to get to the product you need. Loaders would load damaged product, load on skids with nails and miss pick product. Trucks would always be late, no one would tell you. Drivers would deviate from there routes so you never knew where they were. Salesmen would over order which cause more work. Most store managers were okay but some were just mean and nasty. They wanted you to clean but their shelves were worse. Dr Pepper Snapple has a poor reputation in the industry. Store personal and other merchandisers would joke about how bad they were. I made out due to the mileage reimbursement since I drove 150 miles a day. That being said the reimbursement was only a fraction what the government pays. If you need a job and like to work long hours this is for you. You can make a decent living but you will be working 70 hrs a week.
Pros
Independent, times goes by quickly, physical
Cons
Everything else
Great enviornment
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 18, 2015
Great benefits good team work and great pay. worked Mondays through Friday weekends off free water easy job. management and supervisors respectful. Drivers good people great company to work for and free product .Learned a lot of things in this type of industry.
Pros
cook outs
Cons
great benifits
Very good place to work in if you want to make money.
Sanitation Technician / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I really liked this job, you have all the benefits you need, they treat you very well, they do monthly meetings and they do hear you on your needs. They take care of you like every two months they check your hearing and vision,
You have a schedule.
Hourly Salary which is good.
The only reason I left this company was because I was in school and I couldn't make it because I worked at night.
working for DPSG
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 19, 2016
Develop and maintain customer account contacts to increase product availability within assigned market.
2.Monitor business activities to ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
3.Develop action plans to ensure achievement of annual objectives.
4.Develop customer programs designed to improve consumer’s visibility of branded products.
5.Identify key decision makers for account management and contacts to coordinate the use of marketing programs, point of sale materials and sales promotion programs.
6.Audit account sales records to verify coverage information is accurate and that key contacts are listed.
7.Adjust coverage responsibilities to ensure successful achievements of goals and objectives for targeted program initiatives.
8.Manage and operate within the established operating and marketing budgets by reporting and tracking all activity.
DO NOT START IN THIS INDUSUTRY IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING OUT.
reset (Former Employee) –  baltimoreJune 4, 2015
If you are just starting out in the work field ,do not get into this industry ,Canada dry is a ok place to work for ,they always treated me well,I was in the reset part of the company ,which I did for over 10 years and 12 with Coca cola.I would always pay attention to all areas of the business,all I heard from delivery drivers and sales reps were how much it sucked to be out there try to sell product and and make their quotas,long hours and not much compensation,avg maybe 30 to 40,000 for sales reps,12 to 13 per hour for merchandisers ,which sounds goods but in reality is below average ,at least in this area ,DC -Baltimore, not much communication within the company.Always shorthanded and too much work for one person to handle ,not much overtime if any ,which would help the paycheck,but not much to OT to get.If you really need a job and dont mind low pay to get by,then apply ,benefits are union ,so they are pretty good .
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, long hours
good people to work with and good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJuly 7, 2015
family like work inviroment between union employees in production and warehouse, but company employees management don't seem to care about personal issues or emergencies that rises in a production employees personal life. The atmosphere appears the company vs union where company have no compassion for it's workers. Pay and compensation is very good compared to the location but no room for advancement
Pros
good peopleto work with
Cons
poor company values
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2016
Great company and loyal employees who are passionate about their contributions to the company and their impact in it. Management is driven and focuses on the employees to make sure that the company and every employee knows how much impact they have on a daily basis.
The exciting part of the day in Finance is the reporting and analysis of the company and how well everyone works together to get things done. The culture is driven and humble as every employee treats each other with respect.
Pros
Benefits Package, employees, culture and career advancement
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company doesn't look after older employees
Can be very stressful but very worth it when you have good management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day is creating a plan of execution for each store you are required to go into that day and make sure priorities are met for that day. Their is a lot to learn such as management skills, different methods to organize and prioritizes. It is very rare that you have a problem with other account managers, but it is almost a guarantee that there will be problems with the merchandisers.
The hardest part of the job is separating what accounts need from what the company wants you to do. But considering everything that comes along with the job, it's actually a very good job. A lot of times management is really horrible.
Pros
No one constantly looking over your shoulder
Cons
dealing with unreasonable people
Successful company that is crunching out talant
Sr Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 11, 2016
When viewed externally, this company is a money generating machine. They pump out dividends, stock buyback, and stock price growth.

When viewed internally, this company provides little to nothing for career growth. Unless you are part of the inside team, you'll get no job advancement regardless of your contribution or talent.

The one thing to note is the current trends of this company internally, and that is it's RCI program. Already, decision making has moved from management to the RCI team. And pretty soon, heads will begin to roll as the last apple on the tree will be headcount. Most talent are currently looking to leave, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it's the only offer you can get.
Pros
Easy Job, almost no work load
Cons
No job advancement, horrible pay if not on inside team.

2.7