Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
Pros: Lunch anytime
Cons: Long days
A typical day working with Snapple was very exciting and easy going. I loved working with the managers and my coworkers.
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Company doesn't look after older employees
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Warehouse atmosphere
Machine operator (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 20, 2016
A very time-consuming job which demands 50-60 hours a week, which was fine with me until school interfered. Working long hours mostly made the supervisors and managers stressed from the inability to finish production goals.
Department I worked in was run by a dictator
Manager of Product Development (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 18, 2016
Treated professional staff like hourlies. Checking on arrival times, leaving times, no time off for personal issues. Any type of celebrations, employee socialization discouraged.
Successful company that is crunching out talant
Sr Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TXApril 11, 2016
Pros: Easy Job, almost no work load
Cons: No job advancement, horrible pay if not on inside team.
When viewed externally, this company is a money generating machine. They pump out dividends, stock buyback, and stock price growth.

When viewed internally, this company provides little to nothing for career growth. Unless you are part of the inside team, you'll get no job advancement regardless of your contribution or talent.

The one thing to note is the current trends of this company internally, and that is it's RCI program. Already, decision making has moved from management to the RCI team. And pretty soon, heads will begin to roll as the last apple on the tree will be headcount. Most talent are currently looking to leave, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it's the only offer you can get.
Productive place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 10, 2016
Pros: Helpful managers and staff
Cons: Very short lunch breaks
Enjoyed my time working there. Friendly staff, and manager are very helpful. Always space to grow with this company. Great benefits. Family like environment.
Very fun and energetic company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee), MAPPLE HEIGHTSApril 4, 2016
Pros: Self motivation creates more opportunity, and work at your own pace
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a very good company to work for. It is a company that promotes within and recognizes the employees who have self motivation and determination to further their career and improve the companies image and production. The management allows employees to navigate through the day in the manner that best suits the individual as long as it is within company policy and the individuals work is completed.
Great Company, room for improvement.
Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hazel Crest, IL 60429March 30, 2016
Pros: Work alone.
Cons: Late deliveries
One of the greatest things about working at DPSG, is the freedom. However, there is poor leadership. Management is not the best at leading by example. There's a lot of last minute decisions. Such as adding stores to your route with in short notice, not receiving your route until after start time, and late deliveries.
Staff
Merchandiser (Current Employee), New Castle, INMarch 26, 2016
Staff didn't do their jobs like told. Pay wasn't worth all the work they expect you to do. Reimbursement was only acceptable because the vehicle i have has high MPG.
Great place to work for advancement, the knowledge that you receive for advancement outstanding.
Route Auditor (Current Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: pay range
typical day at work is to interact with route drivers full service vending drivers, management, finance department for updated information about the cash room, check POD, cashier driver out if they have any form of currency, pack up DSD and invoices for the to be sent off to an our headquarter for scanning. Prepared bank deposit and balance cash handle for the day.
There is nothing hard about my job, I actually think that my job is the best that it can get.
The most enjoyable thing about working for the company that I work for and has worked for is that that all taught me something that brought the best out in my work ethics. It has made me more determine to go after what I want out of life and in the working field.
Modern facility, great if you are flexible
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 20, 2016
Good job, physical at times... great benefits. Huge facility, great bunch of hard working individuals. My time there, the foremen were well suited and experienced. Very hot in the summer, a lot of overtime in warm months.
Hard job but great hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Good hours
Cons: very fast paced and no help when you really needed it.
This job was okay very very fast paced from the time you started at 6am until you got done around 3pm the job was non stop but the early start time was nice but it made for an early night as well.
Can be fun and exciting but can also be about a select few and their personal agenda
District Manager (Former Employee), MissouriMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Good brands to sell
Cons: Way more responsibility and workload than is described in job description
Core values include transparency and honesty but you can quickly become not needed if you the Company decides to move on! Potential conflicts of interest or potential violation of a Company policy can be a real gray area and subject to one's interpretation, which can become very unfair and very quickly!
Good company to work for.
Merchandise Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Work at your own pace.
Cons: Working most hoildays
Good company my co-worker was great my manager was a little stress,The hardest days was loads days and i learned a lot about the company.
Back Breaking work with no pay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Goodlettsville, TN, Nashville TNMarch 10, 2016
Pros: Home Daily
Cons: Routes are never the same, Pay is awful, Working conditions are terrible
If dealing with rude and inconsiderate customers is your idea of fun then this is your place to work. If working 14 hour days while lift gating your loads off the truck and filling coolers at gas station stores and smaller grocery outfits then this is your place to work. If working your self to misery and not feeling any success coming from your hard labor then this is your place to work. If you like doing your job along with everyone else's jobs then this is your place to work. Heres a run down of daily events at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.
1. Arrive at work between 3-5 am
2. Pre Trip your truck for defects but it doesn't matter if there is any because they will drag their feet getting them fixed even if they are a major safety issue. Its all about getting drinks off the truck to them.
3. Hit all your large grocery chains first. This can be a task as there are about 15 other vending companies that are doing the same thing your doing. So the earlier you start the better.
4. Then deliver your small format stores next. By now your almost done with your day but you will still have about 5 hours to go. If your way behind forget about getting someone to come help you. The bosses will go home before 2pm and by then you will most likely have another 6 or more stops to go. With each stop taking an Average of 30 mins to work.
5. Get checked in at your stores and then fill the shelves. No matter how far behind you are.
Do all this while only getting paid a small amount and not go over your 14 hours. Also you have to take 30 mins off the clock. Sure you can work through your lunch – more... break but this will be a major DOT violation if your caught. So don't get caught.
If you like your whole body hurting and constantly being behind and having someone else in control of your paycheck because they are a pre sales format and you get paid based on what the salesman is wanting to sale. So if he/she is not wanting to be productive it will effect your paycheck.
I would NOT RECOMMEND this job to anyone. – less
Good environment to work in.
Audit Specialist (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 9, 2016
Analyzed data from Dr.Pepper's client's invoice and performed audit based on the information. I do a lo of research on why the invoice has a certain amount or check why any amount is missing from the invoice.
Good Local Job
Driver UDS (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
Pros: weekends and some holidays off for UDS Drivers
Good, friendly work environment with hours varying day to day depending on workload. Great for rookie drivers just starting. You work at your own pace, for the most part, very straight forward in operations with a few kinks as far as organization but that's everywhere. Must be in good shape due to a lot of moving during the shift but if you're tough enough, overall good place to work.
Hard job not helped by poor management and salesman
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Independent, times goes by quickly, physical
Cons: Everything else
I was in between jobs and I thought I would try this. I was looking for a different career. I actually liked the job but too much BS. They want you to work 6 days for up to 12 hours. Knew the first week this was not what I wanted. They convinced me to stay on the conditions that i work only 5 days a week. The work was easy but physical. The worst was digging through a skid of product to get to the product you need. Loaders would load damaged product, load on skids with nails and miss pick product. Trucks would always be late, no one would tell you. Drivers would deviate from there routes so you never knew where they were. Salesmen would over order which cause more work. Most store managers were okay but some were just mean and nasty. They wanted you to clean but their shelves were worse. Dr Pepper Snapple has a poor reputation in the industry. Store personal and other merchandisers would joke about how bad they were. I made out due to the mileage reimbursement since I drove 150 miles a day. That being said the reimbursement was only a fraction what the government pays. If you need a job and like to work long hours this is for you. You can make a decent living but you will be working 70 hrs a week.
Good pay, Great Benefits, Poor Hours
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee), Mount Morris, MIMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons: Long Hours, Lazy Management
This job has many advancement opportunities if your willing to push management and constantly show them you want to do more. Merchandising was extremely easy and fun. If you don't mind working 20 hr days working in the warehouse is for you
Terrible place to work, management does not care anything about the employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2016
Pros: Job stability
Cons: Terrible leadership, will overwork you under pay you
The Memphis Plant is the worse place I have EVER worked in my life. I have never developed a hatred for a job as I did with this company. They do not care anything about the employees and you will be overworked and underpaid. Start time say 5am but you will rarely start on time because of the lack of staffing in the warehouse they will still be trying to get your truck loaded when you get there causing you to be late to timed stops and taking valuable hours away from your day which you are not a hourly paid employee so its basically a waste of your time! Your actual rate of pay after training will be $7.82 per hour and ot will be paid in a chinese overtime system which means the more hours you work the less you get paid! 20 hrs over is paid at $3 and some change whereas 5 hrs over will be paid at $9 dollars. Don't fall for the gimmicks because this is no place you come to make a career it is just a place you come to, to gain experience no matter what your field is!!! The only reason i gave them 3 stars for job security is because you will see so many people quit they won't be able to fire you because they will need you to badly. Until the management team in Memphis is replaced and they become unionized I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!
Headquarters