Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Many opportunities to succeed
Vice President of Category Management (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 2, 2014
I spent 15 years at Dr Pepper and enjoyed all of it. The products, people and opportunities for growth were outstanding. While bumpy at times, most leaders were truly interested in the welfare of their teams and clients. More recently, the culture has changed with increased focus on short term results at the expense of long term strategies.
Work not challenging
Microbiologist (Current Employee), Williamson, NYNovember 28, 2014
Job is not as it was described. Job was supposed to lead to management responsibilities and it is not going to.

Co-workers are great. Job itself is not challenging. There isn't much extra to learn or gain knowledge.
Mostly independant shift
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: never have consecuative days off, work weekends
Days spent mostly on my own driving from store to store working orders following my assigned route. Little to no interaction with coworkers as they were on their own routes. Management was never afraid to call and give you more work.
Fast Pace professional workplace
PLANT CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Victorville, CANovember 19, 2014
Great team approach, good working environment,

Good work to life balance

Rewarded for excellence
Good pay for you as long as you work for a temp agency--not them
HR Assistant (Former Employee), MINovember 17, 2014
Pros: free soda when it was available
Cons: heavy workload, no appreciation, age discrimination
A typical day working was to help the recruiting group with their requisitions. We would have meetings weekly to update each other or ask each other for help if it was needed.

I already had a lot of knowledge in doing this support type work because I worked for a staffing company previously so I really didn't learn much technically. What I did learn – more... about was their culture, which is not what they promote themselves as. They promote themselves to be diverse and fun. However, I seen people come in for their interviews with nose piercings or big hole earrings and they were never selected to move forward in the process.

When my contract assignment was done with them, they tried to offer me a permanent position. What was offered half the pay I was temping for and at half the job title I was temping for as well. I acted like it was great--but truthfully, I was a little less than enthusiastic about this. I told my staffing company I would think about it. The next day my recruiter from the staffing company called and told me they did not want me back because I looked old and tired and did not seem enthused. Well, why were they wanting to hire me then, they kept asking me repeatedly as to when I could start?! I thought that was hilarious because I was younger than the hiring manager who interviewed me as well as in better shape physically. Also I have the knowledge, background and credentials to do this job and then some.

Looks and age should not matter, but they do here. – less
ok with prior management
route sales (Former Employee), orlandoNovember 12, 2014
Pros: ok pay for some
Cons: management the worst
orlando branch has the worst management team i seen in 18years no backing and want to blame fix you for everything you do but they are not held accountable for when they are responsible for something you go to meeting and watch supervisor bring there little kids to the office and yell and whip them in front of employees come in in shorts and flipflops – more... and nothing is done about that stay away from this company in orlando you will regret it. you cant even see how they pay you and when you ask they blow you off – less
nice
Batch Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2014
it was great place to work, kind people great supervisiors and employees
fun work place and good managers
Account Development Representative (Former Employee), San Leandro C.ANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free sodas
Cons: i miss working there
I enjoyed the year and couple months i have worked there
good experience
none at this time
Account Manager trainee, Route Specialist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2014
Pros: being by your self all day. customer interaction and talking to management.
Cons: not actually getting paid overtime, getting paid less the more hours you work
i currently work here. im not saying any more until i dont. but i will say that they have life partner insurance coverage, which is why i took the job with them.
Fast-paced and never a dull moment
Raw Material Planner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 4, 2014
Pros: fast-paced, challenging, great co-workers and working attitudes
Cons: not much room for advancement without moving far away
Besides the regular review of raw materials and production schedules, a typical workday consisted of constantly evaluating the effects of changes to our schedules and product demand. Every day there was some new issue that had to be addressed and smoothed out. It provided daily challenges that never allowed the job to become stale or boring. My co-workers – more... were all happy and fun-loving. The environment was cheerful and encouraged creativity in problem solving.
The hardest part of the job was to keep up with marketing trends. The information flow wouldn't always work out. Sometimes, the flow of market information coming from the corporate office in Plano, TX wouldn't make it all the way up to their main concentrate plant in St. Louis, MO. This required constant monitoring of demand vs. forecasting trends. Often, forecast was missing or glitches might cause information to stall while loading. To remedy any of these possibilities, our department regularly communicated with one another and all of the other departments in supply chain and our vendors. This led to one of the most enjoyable parts of the job which was being able to build long-term, strong relationships with all of the people I worked with. It also allowed me to get a wonderful look at all of the different aspects of the manufacturing business. – less
Working for Dr Pepper
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee), Aspers PAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: birthday lunches
Cons: long commute
Great place to work, commute was a little far ( 50 minutes)
There was really no room for advancement,
I liked the independent work I did, there were office meetings each week; which you could communicate any problems to management/co workers.
Nope
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Seymour, INOctober 29, 2014
Pros: good work and home life balance
Cons: pay sucks all around
Easy days
Learned nothing, A child could do this job
management is extremely arrogant and self centered
you work alone
Good place for a college student
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Holland, MIOctober 28, 2014
Cons: pay, inconsistent schedule
Being a merchandiser for a pop company isn't the most glorious job in the world, but for a college kid trying to pay his way through school this job fit me well. I started work usually at 6am every work day. From there I went to various stores that were assigned to me based on the route I was put on. A usual day consisted of me going from store to store, – more... taking pop from the back stock areas of these stores and using that to stock both the Dr. Pepper pop shelf and various displays throughout the store. Almost every shift I am completely by myself which means you need to be very independent and reliable in order to do this job effectively. I feel like the most enjoyable part of this job is the freedom you have to work at your own pace and interact with various customers and other vendors. I would say the hardest part about this job would be having to clean up various messes left from other employees the day before. If others don't do their jobs then you need to do you job, plus pick up the slack from the day before. – less
The most poorly managed company i have ever worked for.
mechanic (Current Employee), victorvilleOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: managers and back staber
There no unity at this company. Management is a joke. There a lot of back stabbing in the maintenance department. We are suppose to be team but behind your back people always trying to get you fired. specially if you don't come into this department as mechanic. If I voice my opinion I sure they will try to get me fire to.
did not help employees get new positions
Cash Applications Lead (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 20, 2014
Loved the benefit. Would have loved to stay there but my job got sent to India
Like the early start times
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 17, 2014
Love the early start times. To many problems within the front office
Very Hot
Loader/Stocker (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: going to lunch
Cons: lunch only being 30 minutes
Sort online store orders for customers to be shipped. Managment wasnt good at all rude
Excellent atmosphere
Director of Cold Drink Development (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 15, 2014
I started the day normally between 7am and 730am. Since being located in the central time zone, this arrival time afforded customers, and sales representatives the proper amount of time to have questions answered and resolved. The day, other than telephone calls from the field personnel then revolved around evaluating updated sales, reviewing the Nielsen – more... reports to seeing how sales can be improved in a particular region. On a daily basis there were a variety of meetings with upper management. Depending on the day it could be with the President, the Sales Zones Vice Presidents, or a peer under a separate brand that might need help. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day knowing that a project was not yet completed, even though I may have spent 10 hours working on it. The most enjoyable part of the job.... the people. – less
Good company bad management
Merchandiser (Former Employee), MichiganOctober 15, 2014
Load trucks with product. Hard work lots of lifting. Long hours work until it is done.
A lot of lip service with no action or accountability to back it up
Employee in the Iowa Area (Current Employee), IowaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free beverages in breakroom
Cons: lack of support from leadership, lack of accountability
If you are looking for a company that values their employees, this is not the company for you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success – Read more

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos