Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work for advancement, the knowledge that you receive for advancement outstanding.
Route Auditor (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILMarch 23, 2016
typical day at work is to interact with route drivers full service vending drivers, management, finance department for updated information about the cash room, check POD, cashier driver out if they have any form of currency, pack up DSD and invoices for the to be sent off to an our headquarter for scanning. Prepared bank deposit and balance cash handle for the day.
There is nothing hard about my job, I actually think that my job is the best that it can get.
The most enjoyable thing about working for the company that I work for and has worked for is that that all taught me something that brought the best out in my work ethics. It has made me more determine to go after what I want out of life and in the working field.
Benefits
Cons
pay range
Good pay, Great Benefits, Poor Hours
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee) –  Mount Morris, MIMarch 3, 2016
This job has many advancement opportunities if your willing to push management and constantly show them you want to do more. Merchandising was extremely easy and fun. If you don't mind working 20 hr days working in the warehouse is for you
Pros
Great Pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Lazy Management
Very fun and energetic company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  MAPPLE HEIGHTSApril 4, 2016
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a very good company to work for. It is a company that promotes within and recognizes the employees who have self motivation and determination to further their career and improve the companies image and production. The management allows employees to navigate through the day in the manner that best suits the individual as long as it is within company policy and the individuals work is completed.
Pros
Self motivation creates more opportunity, and work at your own pace
Very solid place with productivity, benefits, and good management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 24, 2016
It was a good place to work and also a very good place to learn expectations. Management was very good at guiding you through your daily tasks if you were to have questions. Co-workers were very helpful when it came down to it. If you were behind or struggling with something specific both management and co-workers would give a helping hand. The most enjoyable part of job would have to be the early hours along with payment being every week.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, healthcare, good management, work environment
Cons
A lot of driving and early hours
overall a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2016
Great company to work for. Overall good work environment and promotes from within. Well structured management team. Benefits package is pretty good.
Pros
Career development, compensation, bennifits
Hard job not helped by poor management and salesman
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2016
I was in between jobs and I thought I would try this. I was looking for a different career. I actually liked the job but too much BS. They want you to work 6 days for up to 12 hours. Knew the first week this was not what I wanted. They convinced me to stay on the conditions that i work only 5 days a week. The work was easy but physical. The worst was digging through a skid of product to get to the product you need. Loaders would load damaged product, load on skids with nails and miss pick product. Trucks would always be late, no one would tell you. Drivers would deviate from there routes so you never knew where they were. Salesmen would over order which cause more work. Most store managers were okay but some were just mean and nasty. They wanted you to clean but their shelves were worse. Dr Pepper Snapple has a poor reputation in the industry. Store personal and other merchandisers would joke about how bad they were. I made out due to the mileage reimbursement since I drove 150 miles a day. That being said the reimbursement was only a fraction what the government pays. If you need a job and like to work long hours this is for you. You can make a decent living but you will be working 70 hrs a week.
Pros
Independent, times goes by quickly, physical
Cons
Everything else
unrealistic expectations
service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
tech work 60% clerk work. plus services repairs inventory expense report order parts vendors. if accused wrong doing, no chance to defend, suspend. never have any specialty tools. techs have to chase vendors for invoices. two techs for 5 locations( no shelter in some location. great company poor fleet leadership.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
unrealistic expectations, poor fleet management
Terrible place to work, management does not care anything about the employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2016
The Memphis Plant is the worse place I have EVER worked in my life. I have never developed a hatred for a job as I did with this company. They do not care anything about the employees and you will be overworked and underpaid. Start time say 5am but you will rarely start on time because of the lack of staffing in the warehouse they will still be trying to get your truck loaded when you get there causing you to be late to timed stops and taking valuable hours away from your day which you are not a hourly paid employee so its basically a waste of your time! Your actual rate of pay after training will be $7.82 per hour and ot will be paid in a chinese overtime system which means the more hours you work the less you get paid! 20 hrs over is paid at $3 and some change whereas 5 hrs over will be paid at $9 dollars. Don't fall for the gimmicks because this is no place you come to make a career it is just a place you come to, to gain experience no matter what your field is!!! The only reason i gave them 3 stars for job security is because you will see so many people quit they won't be able to fire you because they will need you to badly. Until the management team in Memphis is replaced and they become unionized I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Terrible leadership, will overwork you under pay you
Can be very stressful but very worth it when you have good management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2016
A typical work day is creating a plan of execution for each store you are required to go into that day and make sure priorities are met for that day. Their is a lot to learn such as management skills, different methods to organize and prioritizes. It is very rare that you have a problem with other account managers, but it is almost a guarantee that there will be problems with the merchandisers.
The hardest part of the job is separating what accounts need from what the company wants you to do. But considering everything that comes along with the job, it's actually a very good job. A lot of times management is really horrible.
Pros
No one constantly looking over your shoulder
Cons
dealing with unreasonable people
Great place, great people
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at Dr. Pepper Snapple was peaceful and painless. I learned a lot there about how to work in stressful situations. Management was very considerate and worked well with the employees. The hardest part of the job was not having a scheduled end time. I did not like working without knowing what time I would get off work. That was the biggest issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people. We knew what the goal was each day and everyone did well working to together in order to make sure that goals were met.
Pros
job security, benefits
Cons
not knowing what time i would get off work.
Organized environment
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2015
Great benefits that start the same day you are hired, friendly coworkers and tolerable environment overall. My job consists of unloading trucks and replenishing warehouse to make ready for night loaders. It's not rocket science, and a decent job. The last half of my day is working outside assisting with checking in trucks and maintaining damaged product, pallets and empty shelves.

Overall the job is ok but the pay is not the best, and you're schedule is always subject to change. I don't see any advancement within the company to make more money, even most of the veteran employees are not satisfied with their current rate of pay. If you want to make good money with this company you would have to be a driver, manager or salesman. If you're in warehouse or production, too bad.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Decent Pay, Room For Improvement
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2016
I worked as a merchandiser for a couple of months at the seemingly chronically understaffed L.A. branch. That should be your first red flag. Why do people keep leaving? For me, it was ineptitude from HR and Sales members. Example: I didn't get my mileage reimbursement for May until July.

Another reason I left was rather than having a couple of set routes/stores, I was sent on five different routes. The Mid-Wilshire route is the worst, not only because of the traffic but the sales manager for that route did a terrible job in communicating. I met the sales managers on all the other routes, but not that one.

Training was supposed to be two weeks but was ultimately a total of five work days as I was pulled out and sent to merch stores solo.

It's a decent job with good pay, but the wear and tear on your car, dealing with the internal staff, etc. made it not worth my time.
Pros
Good pay and some OT
Cons
Very physical work, wear and tear on your car, disorganized HR
working for DPSG
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 19, 2016
Develop and maintain customer account contacts to increase product availability within assigned market.
2.Monitor business activities to ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
3.Develop action plans to ensure achievement of annual objectives.
4.Develop customer programs designed to improve consumer’s visibility of branded products.
5.Identify key decision makers for account management and contacts to coordinate the use of marketing programs, point of sale materials and sales promotion programs.
6.Audit account sales records to verify coverage information is accurate and that key contacts are listed.
7.Adjust coverage responsibilities to ensure successful achievements of goals and objectives for targeted program initiatives.
8.Manage and operate within the established operating and marketing budgets by reporting and tracking all activity.
Lies lies and more lies
Idk (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAFebruary 25, 2016
They hired for mechanics. I got there and worked on the back line. They promised to move me to the filler or labeler in a month. It has been six months and I'm still working on the back line. Management is poor. They can't keep employees who are actually good at what they do. The supervisor is threatened by anyone who has any skills to move up in the company. They are disrespectful and rude to employees. Co workers are amazing but the upper hand guys are rude and liars
Cons
Supervisor doesn't supervise
Not a family friendly/employee friendly company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 15, 2016
I worked for this company through a third party for exactly one year when we were surprised to find out we were going to be out of a job in a month. The entire time I worked for this company we had stressful days, and dealt with angry customers on a regular basis. All due to their controversial commercials and product tag lines. We were not informed to be prepared for such days, or product "updates". We weren't provided with coupons, or discounts, or anything from this company. But it was expected of us to consume their product.
Pros
Easy documentation done, easy programs and good hours
Cons
Angry customers, Heavy call volume, not provided info as requested.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2016
Great company and loyal employees who are passionate about their contributions to the company and their impact in it. Management is driven and focuses on the employees to make sure that the company and every employee knows how much impact they have on a daily basis.
The exciting part of the day in Finance is the reporting and analysis of the company and how well everyone works together to get things done. The culture is driven and humble as every employee treats each other with respect.
Pros
Benefits Package, employees, culture and career advancement
Great Company, room for improvement.
Stock Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, IL 60429March 30, 2016
One of the greatest things about working at DPSG, is the freedom. However, there is poor leadership. Management is not the best at leading by example. There's a lot of last minute decisions. Such as adding stores to your route with in short notice, not receiving your route until after start time, and late deliveries.
Pros
Work alone.
Cons
Late deliveries
An excellent place to work
North Texas Cash Vault Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 20, 2015
A typical day involved solving issues and meeting deadlines. There's always something to be learned if you are willing. The management and co-workers work together to reach a common goal. The hardest part of the job is trying to meet deadline while remaining in compliance. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyday brought about something different and there was never a boring moment
Pros
job security and all the free fountain sodas
Cons
the pay is not always competetive
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company doesn't look after older employees
we made it fun to work there
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 20, 2016
arrive at your first store, pray the delivery was there, stock shelves & display, head to next store... I learned that if you work with store managers, you'll get more product in & sometimes bigger displays..my co-workers for most part were great, but we all have our good days & bad days... the hard part of the job was moving the product on the pallets in the stores, & building your displays, plus making sure enough product was ordered so you didn't run out, which happened more than once or twice.... the enjoyable part of the job was when the store managers thanked you for doing a good job....

2.7