Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment with good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Aspers, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: very good pay and decent benefits.
Cons: hectic work pace and cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
A typical work day would include loading and unloading trucks with your forklift, doing all your work on a computerized system, some cleaning and some inventory work in a fast paced environment.
A good company
Loader (Current Employee), Superior WIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good job.
On a typical day at work, I get all equipment ready for the day, make sure it is in working condition and preform my days' tasks. I have learned new skills, like how to operate electric pallet jacks, and other equipment. My coworkers are awesome, they've been helpful since day one. Management is great they get the job done while still being outgoing. The hardest part of my job is trying to know where merchandise is located, in a warehouse it seems a little difficult to find things. The best part of my job is being able to work with such fun coworkers and management, we are a pretty good team.
The worse place I ever worked for hands down
Loader (Former Employee), fairmont wvMarch 20, 2015
Pros: if you ever wondered what communism and slavery was like
Cons: u can say you worked here
well our management staff still think it's Slave times will tell you upon hiring you that this job will be your number one priority it will come before your family your kids before everything that this is your number one priority from here on out. They will mandate you to work longer then 16 hours if need be if you leave they will fire you cause you have no rights in there warehouse and will tell you that. If you get sick have a dr excuse that doesn't matter they will mandate you to work against dr orders if you make a simple mistake they will fire you or chew you out and threaten to fire you. And the brilliant charming people they are can't figure out why they can't keep any employees 2 bad managers ruin this location. Save yourself the waste of time apply else where this place will always be hiring there will always be a job opening when selling blood at the Red Cross and welfare isn't cutting it with the bills use this as your absolute last resort even then panhandling seems more glamorous
A company moving forward in the beverage industry
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Redlands, CAMarch 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The employees were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed the daily work challenges and had great success as an employee.
Not a bad place- Ratings reflect buyout transition
Transitional IT Manager (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 19, 2015
Overall got 4 stars because the company seems very decent but is not perfect.
Work/Life balance- Not bad now that transitions are mostly complete and in cleanup and finalize mode. During transition there were many hours spent converting data and supporting systems in both worlds that impacted work/life balance.
Compensation is at best OK. Benefits are expensive. Took an $800 monthly pay cut in excess benefit costs after transition happened.
Job Security/advancement- They told me in November that my position would be eliminated- that earned them the star (Because at least they let me know with time to search). Obviously there is no further job security and I am not advancing!
Management- The people I worked with directly were excellent at managing, but the overall process was scary at best- if there was an obstacle, it was simply not dealt with nor planned around- example: No one thought about the repercussions of firing the receptionist and nothing in the phone system was implemented to route phone calls for over a month after her departure.
Job Culture- Pretty laid back. I liked the Dr. Pepper employees I worked with and they seemed to look out for each other.

Overall, transitions are rough. Most of the problems here are due to the speed of implementation. As a large, fragmented company, some things are never set right and cannot be due to cost and time involved. Overall it is a good firm to work for.
Very hard and physically demanding job but it pays well
Route Driver (Current Employee), Windsor, WIMarch 9, 2015
Typical day is 9 to 12 hours of non-stop driving and working The company's turnover rate is high and this makes it difficult to get days off because of how understaffed they are.
Doesn't pay enough
Relief Driver (Current Employee), Beckley, WVMarch 6, 2015
Management is great, they are very leniant. If you are looking to make millions, don't go with this company. If you are looking for decent pay with outstanding leadership, I recommend Dr. Pepper Snapple Group.
little management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free water
Cons: long days
I was there for 12 years and was not recognized for my dities. Training was minimal and very micromanaged. Not allwed to have enough employees to get the job done. outdated equipment.
Working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 2, 2015
Dr Pepper is a wonderful company to work for.
It is a team-oriented environment.

I learned about the beverage industry and working on the SAP Collections module.

The management helps co-workers and assists co-workers with their needs.
Badly under-managed. Too much work is not overseen; Managers have too much to do.
Check In Team Leader (Former Employee), Avenel, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits. being allowed to work your own way.
Cons: not knowing how long your work day would be, not having corporate back us up in problems with vendors or customers.
A typical day includes reviewing paperwork, counting money, preparing reports reminding people to finish their work or do it properly. It might include researching problems.
No responsibility is too heavy. Some tasks are challenging in a good way but no one monitors the volume or the work flow. Changes are dictated with short notice and no support or coordination.
I learned that to be supported or get a problem fixed one has to repeatedly, and I mean over and over and over, report problems or needs.
The two levels of management above me worked very hard and treated me well but had too much to do. Weeks or months could pass without anyone checking in on my unit.
Co-workers varied from terrific to poor but the "fix the problem, not the blame" ethic perpetuates bad performance.
The hardest part of the job was finding out who had the answer to a question.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily sense of accomplishment.
Production environment; work long hours
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: clinic onsite for employees
Cons: long hours seven days
I worked as a machine operator and sanitation tech; one of the positive areas are there's room to grow; if you want to learn other areas, they look inside the plant first before looking outside.
worst job ever
warehouse loader (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: none at all
Cons: all
don't do it to yourself keep going worst job ever don't do it keep walking horrible management don't ever work there treat their employees like nothing
Awesome experience at Dr. Pepper
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Love the fast past environment, I have learned how to perform under pressure, the management staff are always teaching our team safety first, and how to have fun taking care of customers needs. I love my co-workers like brothers.
Dpsg
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 16, 2015
Not a terrible amount of daily variation. Distant Management. Usually requires extensive travel. Potential for effective team community.
Too many Hours
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free promotional clothing items
Cons: too many hours not enough monetary compensation.
If you are the Night shift Supervisor you will be exempt. Be prepared to work from 40 to 50+ hours a week! always disorganized, never know what to expect. You have to wear many hats and work with a skeleton crew most times. Compesation not in alighnment with the amount of work required. Not many opportunities for Growth unless you start as a loader, then become a Driver.
Do whatever you can to not work here
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: company car (account mgrs)
Cons: see above - too many to list
This company is probably the worst company I've ever worked for. They talk a good game about being employee oriented but everyone is just a number. I was hired on by a very knowledgeable, respectable person who gave the company 30+ years of his life and they canned him like he was yesterday's newspaper.

The management is unorganized from the top down - they would hand down information at the last minute then expect everyone to have 100% execution a day or two later. There is minimal room for advancement - in order to move up, you'll need to transfer to a different branch but don't expect much internal help to do so.

Turnaround was moderately high in the sales team - division managers, national account execs, account managers came and went like the wind and that's not even including merchandisers (some would show up and leave on their first day). Other DSD companies have good relations with their customers above store level, but not Dr Pepper - for anything to come in at store level was a fight, but mainly because service issues are so heinous, that even the best of customer relationships were stressed.

Expect minuscule annual raises (max is 3% and rarely given), long work hours (kiss your holidays goodbye), and rude customers. The starting salary is hardly anything to write home about and it should come as no surprise that DP pays the least out of the "big three" soda companies. A large part of the AM job is dependent upon merchandiser performance, but since their pay is the lowest in comparison to Coke and Pepsi, the people they find hardly do their job so much of the time is spent playing babysitter and damage control while you try to hit 10-13 accounts in a day. Just look at all the merchandiser openings they're advertising for on here and you can see what I mean.

Employee morale is super low with many employees looking for jobs elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere too
Part time work
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Looking for Full time work
Good company to work for and pleasant work enviroment
Hours varied per work week, looking for a stable 40+ hour work week
Good to thier employees
Ivy Tech Community College - Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 4, 2015
Great company with great benefits to work with. The district managers are great at helping if need be. I wanted to finish school and add to my family or I would still work there.
No organazation,oppertunity for advancment,job security or employees are not held accountable for their lack of performance.
Sales (Current Employee), Jackson,TNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: not stable
My typical day is to walk into an account greeted by an angry manager about why their load was not delivered, damaged, not on schedule,etc. Tons of Drama. No accountability from managers to address issues with employees. Some of the pros of the job is a change of scenery. Not doing the same thing daily. Benefits are excellent. You do have the opportunity to transfer.
Time consuming, difffcult, rushed, and overworked.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), West Fargo, NDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, diffcult
On a typical day, I would have to work 8-10 stories. A typical shift for me was 10-12 hours long. Even with me work through my breaks. Fellow merchandisers for the company would not organize the back-stock and sometimes would barely stock the shelves in the store. On a personal level the management was great, I enjoyed working with them. though on a professional level they did not adjust my schedule so my shift was shorter, nor for sales that would force me to work and a store longer. The sale representative would over order products for the store, make the job more difficult. Since, we had limited space in the stories back-stock. One part of the job that was enjoyable was seeing the results of my hard work and any given store and helping other people in the store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success – Read more

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos