Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

Fast paced job management lacklustre at best
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OH3 February 2017
Fun job very fast paced but managment is a joke advertise 40 hours a week but if you work 1min over your 8 hour day you get jumped then depending on your rout the next day you may only get 5 hours or so so getting 40 hours is near impossible. Every time i called in with a question to my superviser i was told "i dont know youll have to ask one of the other merchandisers" very buddy buddy work place if you are friends with management you can totaly scrue up your job no prob but if anyone trys to say anything its game over for the complantent
Pros
Good pay Insurance
Cons
If your not budys with managment or in good with the union you get screwed
Stable work, but a bit physical and low pay.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 8011013 February 2017
A very simple job, a bit physical. Management and coworkers are very friendly and polite. Some of the individual store managers can
be annoying. The hardest part of the job is stocking 2 liters and 12 packs of soda. The best part of the job is going from store to store which is done in your own private vehical.
Pros
You use your own vehical each day.
Cons
Excessive and unpredictable overtime.
Good benefits horrible company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL2 December 2016
Management doesn't care. Benefits are very good. Expect way more work than the amount your getting paid. Don't expect any raise after 90 days either. Have to clean up daily after other countries workers.some associates get special treatment, Or favored. Getting written up for others mistakes or laziness. No advancementS or promotions in the company. Never being able to plan anything. Very unorganized. Never getting days off that you request.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
No pay, too much work, no raises, unfair bosses
A lot of hands on
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Riverside1 December 2016
Good hours, plenty of work, and meet new people cause your going to stores. Stocking and building soda displays can get old but if your like me and take pride in your work then you'll love it. You always have challenges and extra work due to the orders are based off sales so you just stock what the sales manager orders and can be extreme at times.
Pros
On your own, hardly any bosses hovering
Cons
A lot of bending over and being a safe worker is a plus
Get work place,continues wotk,great working and meeting people.
Merchandiser Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX18 December 2016
Build relationships with store personnel to insure customer satisfaction,identity customer needs, sale opportunity for sale representative pursue and provide feedback on contractors activity and best practices.
Pros
Schedule work depends on rate of completion. Get to interact with customer and contractors.
Cons
Not much overtime
Great job that allows you to visit other towns and cities, also increases social and business skills.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA18 January 2017
Fun days spent traveling while helping people obtain there daily beverage needs. You gain a lot of friendship and expectancy from certain customers and begin to know there likes and wants unconsciously. The hardest part of the job is time management during holiday season.
A place where you are free to work in solitude
CTA Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX4 November 2016
My day consist of entering in several payments and saving them for the auditors to process for payments. Since being at the job I have learned more about deductions, credits, debits, and balances. Management can be improved, but for the most part it is efficient. My co-workers are pleasant to be around and we work as a team. I would say the hardest part of the job is being tasked to do a last minute project as it can take some time and slow down my usual process. My most enjoyable experience at the job is conversing with the different salespeople and vendors and as a result building relations.
Pros
There is always something new to learn of you look for it
Cons
The communication is to be desired
Straight Forward
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY23 November 2016
Convenient, comfortable environment. Close to transportation. Not much room for advancement opportunity. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to maintain great, memorable relationships with customers, clientele and staff. Hardest part of the job was not being appreciated for all the extra, unpaid work you do. Management could definitely use some work.
High speed bottling plant
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CA6 January 2017
Typical juice plant environment Typical day is full of meetings
Learned that decisions are made from corporate. Great cross functional work place. Limited growth potential however lots to learn and develop. Most enjoyable part of the job is learning new systems as things change constantly. Minimal work with regulatory agencies.
Fair pay but that's about it
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  South Bend, IN6 December 2016
I worked for DPSG for over two years. I gave them huge amounts of time and effort but management always expected more. Terrible work life balance, it became impossible to schedule things or do anything outside of work. Mandatory overtime kicked in often, usually 55 hours a week or well over. Management didn't care at all about me personally, (something I realized after my mom was diagnosed with cancer and I wasn't able to plan doctor's visits with her because of overtime.) If you have ideas on how to make things work smoother, management doesn't care at all and will not pay it any mind. Management allowed glaring errors from coworkers and expected their "good employees" to pick up all the slack. Needless to say, I hated it by the end. The pay is decent and good benefits, that's why I stayed so long.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
literally everything else
Terrible place to work for
Loader (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA23 October 2016
They don't care about the warehouse employees and they never follow OSHA rules. Do not support this company please!
They give free water, only plus. Poor training on mechanical equipment and then they blame you for getting an injury.

They treat you like junk and don't follow their own rules. People without CDL drive and that is against the law as well.
Pros
None maybe pay but not really worth it in the en
Cons
Never off on time, poor management.
Good schedule and decent benefits
Driver/Vendor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL16 January 2017
Work is certainly hard work, lots of lifting throughout the day but the pay is decently compensated. For the most part it's a 9 hour a day job sometimes longer which makes life at home very opportunistic however the dynamic, culture and views need work and not much room for growth. That's the most i'll say
Great company to work for if you want a career with them
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL2 December 2016
You work by yourself. You respond to your manager and they will call you if they have any questions. You drive your own vehicle and get mileage remburstment. Can be very stressful at times, but you also don't have anyone breathing down your neck since you work solo.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You don't get a social life.
Everyday was a learning experience.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, IL27 October 2016
A typical day at work for me was, I got my hand held computer. The next step punch in my personal codes. The accounts would be loaded on the hand held, so than I had to make sure all the product that I needed was loaded correctly on my truck. Afterwards time for delivering, and satisfying the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Sometimes the weather was too hot or cold.
Interesting and challenging
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Northlake, IL4 October 2016
Our day generally started with fork lift inspection, or cip of fillers, or prep. which ever machine I was scheduled to.
One thing I learned was the benefit of communication between maintenance and management and operators.
Though not always in agreement with management, I realized they had an agenda and as an employee, my job was to make it happen.
I had the opportunity to work with mostly fun interesting people.
Honestly, it was the unscheduled overtime.
Meeting the effiencies of the scheduled run
Pros
Knowing the challenges we would be faced with each day
Cons
The distance I needed to travel each day
Great brands but troubled distribution
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CT (Field office)17 January 2017
Managed east coast grocery accounts in this senior shopper marketing role. Very entrepreneurial and collaborative but distribution system made it difficult to create truly innovative programs.
Pros
Autonomous, collaborative
Cons
Field teams are often excluded from HQ discussions
Management only cares about cutting cost
Utility Operator/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Northlake, IL30 September 2016
Worked there 10 years. Had plenty of chances to move ahead but was held back due to illiterate supervisors and mangers. Was promised pay raises and better positions only to have them offered to someone else. Did work and didn't get paid the same pay rate as the employees whose jobs it was to do the work. They want you to do for them but when it's time for them to do for you they give you cold shoulder. Be careful because they'll take credit for your ideas and hard work.
Cons
Sales team are good people but unattainable goals makes it hard to keep them.
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida30 January 2017
A typical day you may have 22 are more stops many of them being large format stores. Makes it hard to give good service. Management is non existent due to the fact they are always covering someone else job.
Pros
pay is not bad
Cons
lots of driving.
Previous Employer
Combo Driver (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA22 November 2016
Good job, good benefits, I enjoyed working with my co workers. The hardest part of my job was not knowing if there was going to be reloads at the end of my route. I wasn't able to plan anything after work. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a report with my customers.
Pros
Pallet Drops
Cons
Unexpected Reloads
Hot backrooms
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX11 September 2016
Typical day would start with an early morning around 5 a.m. Three to five stores would be my responsibility throughout the day to provide excellent service. Service included stocking any dr. pepper based product to any location where dr. pepper products are located. Finally at the end of every successful stock, i clean and maintain the backroom and make sure pallets are wrapped and everything is organized and neat.
Pros
Managed my own work schedule throughout the day
Cons
NONE

2.9