Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A position that required a lot of hard work and self motivation
Full-time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Northlake, ILApril 16, 2015
A typical day would consist of merchandise five to six stores. I learned how to build relationships with store managers as well as with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was working long weekend days, every weekend, and six days a week a lot of weeks. The most enjoyable part was being able to work side by side with coworkers occasionally and interacting with customers.
Excellent experience working as an Independent Contractor
Market Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 15, 2015
I am not a direct employee of DPSG, I am an independent contractor, so I have no input about compensation, etc. My interactions with DPSG have always been professional and everyone I have made the acquaintance of who works there has been helpful and kind.
NOT WORTH THE SUFFERING
Loader (Current Employee), MemphisApril 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
I have been employed with this company for two months now and it is the worst experience ever. We loaders are severely overworked for 16-17 hours daily only to be told that we could do better. The pain, soreness, and swelling isn't even worth it when you realize that all those hours of mandatory overtime just get your pay taxed heavily. At some point you're losing more than you're gaining. The management has a completely apparent lack of concern for the health and safety of it's worker. The equipment is shoddy and ill-maintained. Were rarely get an adequate break. Sometimes after lunch at 730 we don't get another break but will have worked until 645 am.
Productive work place
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Racine, WIApril 1, 2015
Pros: discount on soda products
Cons: no clock-out ending period
i learned to load trucks with dr.pepper/snapple products operating a forklift truck, the hardest part about this job was the actual loading of the product to the truck. the most enjoyable part of this job was working at your own rate and breaking at your own leisure. i had pretty cool co-workers but also some that were the cool
good
BULK ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), alabamaMarch 22, 2015
Coordinated and Provided Catering Sales throughout west Alabama, Managed teams to achieve common goal, managed administrative duties for a growing established company
Fast paced environment with good pay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Aspers, PAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: very good pay and decent benefits.
Cons: hectic work pace and cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
A typical work day would include loading and unloading trucks with your forklift, doing all your work on a computerized system, some cleaning and some inventory work in a fast paced environment.
A good company
Loader (Current Employee), Superior WIMarch 20, 2015
Pros: good job.
On a typical day at work, I get all equipment ready for the day, make sure it is in working condition and preform my days' tasks. I have learned new skills, like how to operate electric pallet jacks, and other equipment. My coworkers are awesome, they've been helpful since day one. Management is great they get the job done while still being outgoing. The hardest part of my job is trying to know where merchandise is located, in a warehouse it seems a little difficult to find things. The best part of my job is being able to work with such fun coworkers and management, we are a pretty good team.
The worse place I ever worked for hands down
Loader (Former Employee), fairmont wvMarch 20, 2015
Pros: if you ever wondered what communism and slavery was like
Cons: u can say you worked here
well our management staff still think it's Slave times will tell you upon hiring you that this job will be your number one priority it will come before your family your kids before everything that this is your number one priority from here on out. They will mandate you to work longer then 16 hours if need be if you leave they will fire you cause you have no rights in there warehouse and will tell you that. If you get sick have a dr excuse that doesn't matter they will mandate you to work against dr orders if you make a simple mistake they will fire you or chew you out and threaten to fire you. And the brilliant charming people they are can't figure out why they can't keep any employees 2 bad managers ruin this location. Save yourself the waste of time apply else where this place will always be hiring there will always be a job opening when selling blood at the Red Cross and welfare isn't cutting it with the bills use this as your absolute last resort even then panhandling seems more glamorous
A company moving forward in the beverage industry
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Redlands, CAMarch 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The employees were wonderful to work with. I enjoyed the daily work challenges and had great success as an employee.
Not a bad place- Ratings reflect buyout transition
Transitional IT Manager (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 19, 2015
Overall got 4 stars because the company seems very decent but is not perfect.
Work/Life balance- Not bad now that transitions are mostly complete and in cleanup and finalize mode. During transition there were many hours spent converting data and supporting systems in both worlds that impacted work/life balance.
Compensation is at best OK. Benefits are expensive. Took an $800 monthly pay cut in excess benefit costs after transition happened.
Job Security/advancement- They told me in November that my position would be eliminated- that earned them the star (Because at least they let me know with time to search). Obviously there is no further job security and I am not advancing!
Management- The people I worked with directly were excellent at managing, but the overall process was scary at best- if there was an obstacle, it was simply not dealt with nor planned around- example: No one thought about the repercussions of firing the receptionist and nothing in the phone system was implemented to route phone calls for over a month after her departure.
Job Culture- Pretty laid back. I liked the Dr. Pepper employees I worked with and they seemed to look out for each other.

Overall, transitions are rough. Most of the problems here are due to the speed of implementation. As a large, fragmented company, some things are never set right and cannot be due to cost and time involved. Overall it is a good firm to work for.
Excellent Workplace
SALES ANALYST (Former Employee), Vernon, CAMarch 17, 2015
Vice President and Executives make every employee feel as part of a family and value each employee. Great benefits and compensation.
Very hard and physically demanding job but it pays well
Route Driver (Current Employee), Windsor, WIMarch 9, 2015
Typical day is 9 to 12 hours of non-stop driving and working The company's turnover rate is high and this makes it difficult to get days off because of how understaffed they are.
Doesn't pay enough
Relief Driver (Current Employee), Beckley, WVMarch 6, 2015
Management is great, they are very leniant. If you are looking to make millions, don't go with this company. If you are looking for decent pay with outstanding leadership, I recommend Dr. Pepper Snapple Group.
little management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free water
Cons: long days
I was there for 12 years and was not recognized for my dities. Training was minimal and very micromanaged. Not allwed to have enough employees to get the job done. outdated equipment.
Working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Accounts Receivable/Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Northlake, ILMarch 2, 2015
Dr Pepper is a wonderful company to work for.
It is a team-oriented environment.

I learned about the beverage industry and working on the SAP Collections module.

The management helps co-workers and assists co-workers with their needs.
Badly under-managed. Too much work is not overseen; Managers have too much to do.
Check In Team Leader (Former Employee), Avenel, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits. being allowed to work your own way.
Cons: not knowing how long your work day would be, not having corporate back us up in problems with vendors or customers.
A typical day includes reviewing paperwork, counting money, preparing reports reminding people to finish their work or do it properly. It might include researching problems.
No responsibility is too heavy. Some tasks are challenging in a good way but no one monitors the volume or the work flow. Changes are dictated with short notice and no support or coordination.
I learned that to be supported or get a problem fixed one has to repeatedly, and I mean over and over and over, report problems or needs.
The two levels of management above me worked very hard and treated me well but had too much to do. Weeks or months could pass without anyone checking in on my unit.
Co-workers varied from terrific to poor but the "fix the problem, not the blame" ethic perpetuates bad performance.
The hardest part of the job was finding out who had the answer to a question.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily sense of accomplishment.
Production environment; work long hours
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: clinic onsite for employees
Cons: long hours seven days
I worked as a machine operator and sanitation tech; one of the positive areas are there's room to grow; if you want to learn other areas, they look inside the plant first before looking outside.
worst job ever
warehouse loader (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: none at all
Cons: all
don't do it to yourself keep going worst job ever don't do it keep walking horrible management don't ever work there treat their employees like nothing
Awesome experience at Dr. Pepper
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Love the fast past environment, I have learned how to perform under pressure, the management staff are always teaching our team safety first, and how to have fun taking care of customers needs. I love my co-workers like brothers.
Dpsg
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 16, 2015
Not a terrible amount of daily variation. Distant Management. Usually requires extensive travel. Potential for effective team community.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success – Read more

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos