Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

working for DPSG
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 19, 2016
Develop and maintain customer account contacts to increase product availability within assigned market.
2.Monitor business activities to ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
3.Develop action plans to ensure achievement of annual objectives.
4.Develop customer programs designed to improve consumer’s visibility of branded products.
5.Identify key decision makers for account management and contacts to coordinate the use of marketing programs, point of sale materials and sales promotion programs.
6.Audit account sales records to verify coverage information is accurate and that key contacts are listed.
7.Adjust coverage responsibilities to ensure successful achievements of goals and objectives for targeted program initiatives.
8.Manage and operate within the established operating and marketing budgets by reporting and tracking all activity.
Driver wrote up soft brakes for month, cleared by fleet, accident, tried to terminate CDL driver
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 15, 2016
If you value your life and that of the drivers around you, DO NOT DRIVE THESE TRUCKS.

CONSISTENT BREAK DOWNS, AGING EQUIPMENT
NO NEW TRACTOR-TRAILERS PURCHASED
DEF ON PREMISE, NO WAY TO DISPENSE just a barrel
ELECTRIC PALLET JACKS NOT CHARGED FOR DRIVERS
HAND HELD DEVICES CRASHING ON DELIVERY ROUTES, MGR MAKES DRIVERS COME BACK TO BRANCH no matter how far
ORDERS BEING REFUSED, ACCOUNTS NEVER SEEN SALESMEN
FACE REPEATEDLY RIPPED OFF BY IRATE STORE MGRS
NONEXISTANT PAY RAISES
BRANCH DMs ARE USELESS, NO WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF TRUCKS, HAND HELDS, OR ANY DISTRIBUTION INFO

We desperately need a LEADER, EXPERIENCED BRANCH MGR. We had a winner once, a TRUE LEADER. This woman knew distro had CDL pulled delivery routes, and solved issues in. always answered phone. was in accounts everyday. knew every account every store mgr knew her, did not tolerate disrespectful mgr/recievers, accounts stopped yelling at us at the back door. Could not weigh more than 100lb and hrow cases like 900lb gorillia

Employee moral improved, gave us something to be proud of.

Instead Regional VP dumps off a glue factory mule, when he already had a stallion in the barn.
Pros
Everyday is a adventure
Cons
Gambling with your life
Horrible Experience
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2016
Horrible Hostile environment to work in. Poorly managed at the location I was working. They are looking for slaves not employees. They lure you in with a good salary and then leave you there to rot for 15 to 16 hour shift as a salaried employee.
Pros
The Base salary isnt bad if it were a 10 hr day as advertised.
Cons
Forced long hours, poor training.
Dr. Pepper
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMay 31, 2016
I have been i merchandiser/ truck driver for the past 2 years. It has been a safe reliable job that i have enjoyed. I have learn every merchandiser route since starting there.
Profitability was highly dependable on our ability to prodive great customer service to foster and build customer relations/loyalty
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
The managers required us to create an environment that screams comfort, safe, healthy, and clean as soon a customer entered the door. That indirectly allows our customer's to enjoy our fabulous food and services.
busy plant
Full Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 26, 2016
Deliver product and collect money in a timely manner. Make sure that the customers are satisfy with products and service. make sure that the machines, coolers and other services that dispense on the rout are maintained and working properly. I knew how to service and troubleshoot the machines so they would not be out of service long or the tech guys wouldn't have to come out.
Pros
always on the go, meeting the customers
Cons
hard to replace me
Had high hopes about company. Quickly learned I was lied to in interview.
Puller/Loader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 25, 2016
Always being short staffed made for long days. Management was never concerned with employees well being. Most coworkers were more concerned with their smartphones then getting the job done.
Pros
Discounted soda
Cons
Fourteen to sixteen hour days, Five days straight
Fun business that changed for the worse.
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  NumerousMay 23, 2016
Was a great company to work for until it became too funcationalized. Became a company of systems instead of a people company.
Fast Paced Hard Work
Merchandiser/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 22, 2016
good place to work, had great benefits and pay but the hours were bad and it was very hard, fast paced work. it was nice working with people in the different stores.
Pallet Builder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work at Dr Pepper is outstanding due to all the smiling faces and great management.

All co-workers are very helpful and willing to take care of other employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing all the soda being made and getting to drink them,
Good Pay, Long Hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2016
Solid pay with a pretty good management system. Must work weekends and all holidays so it may be a hard job to hold while maintaining a solid family relationship.
Pros
good pay, solid job security
Cons
all holidays worked, low communication between team members
A Smart Company
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2016
Dr. Pepper is a smart company with a lot of smart upper level managers. I learned a lot about identifying root cause, holding people accountable, and how things work in a faced pace manufacturing environment. There are some good employees that work there. They are a high performing organization, and have some good plans in the works.
Pros
High performing company
Cons
Low pay for supervisors and hourly employees
Slave type of environment
Order Builder/ Loader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Besides getting paid every week this job was like being trapped. Stayed in till 9:00 in the morning and we clock in at 5 in the afternoon. Only give you 10 minute breaks. Forklift operators move on they time causing the floor runners productivity to go down because of the slow fork lift drivers. Hardest part of the job was to keep your productivity up when there's so many distractions inside the warehouse.
What I enjoyed most was the pay every friday.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 13, 2016
Stay away if you want a life, they thing they own you. Management is complete trash. Senior mechanics don't want to show you anything. Supervisor things everyone is an idiot. Just complete trash. I'm glad I got away.
Pros
Ok pay
Hard work, but great for those who can handle it.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Edwards, ILMay 12, 2016
Can have long hours in the holiday seasons, and can be hard night after night but it repays itself with the paychecks. Great for younger people up to the task.
Cut throat and alot of good old boy mentality
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
A lot of backstabbing,favoritism. Management has a high turnover rate. Management is very lazy. You have to use your own vehicle for work and the compensation is pitiful. Human resources is a secretary with a different title.
Pros
There aren't any
Cons
Management, they can't seem to get their ships going in the same direction
Productive and fun place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 26, 2016
A typical day working with Snapple was very exciting and easy going. I loved working with the managers and my coworkers.
Pros
Lunch anytime
Cons
Long days
Don't make it a life long career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 23, 2016
Been a driver for over 30 years. I've been doing bulk delivery (Drop Delivery to Supermarkets) for a long time. The company is now transitioning away from bulk to mini bulk ( Some drops to supermarkets and the rest of your stops are side loader stops servicing convenience stores etc.) I think it's so older workers will retire or quit. Some of the drivers at my warehouse have been on no touch bulk for 20 plus years, now these guys are in their 60's and expected to do hard physical labor again. Again, I think it's to get the older guys out. Ever since Dr.Pepper/Snapple took over American Bottling it seems like their main focus has been on job elimination. I make good pay and benefits and enjoy the people and customers, but the company has really gone downhill. Find a different place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Company doesn't look after older employees
Warehouse atmosphere
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2016
A very time-consuming job which demands 50-60 hours a week, which was fine with me until school interfered. Working long hours mostly made the supervisors and managers stressed from the inability to finish production goals.
Utility Operator, Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2016
The facility has wonderful benefits, the training and development for employers to learn different things that has been added over the years needs a lot of improvement, The management team needs further training on how to treat people fairly as well as communication with employees, learning mechanical set ups are the hardest as far as change for people with a naked eye for the task