Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Badly under-managed. Too much work is not overseen; Managers have too much to do.
Check In Team Leader (Former Employee), Avenel, NJMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits. being allowed to work your own way.
Cons: not knowing how long your work day would be, not having corporate back us up in problems with vendors or customers.
A typical day includes reviewing paperwork, counting money, preparing reports reminding people to finish their work or do it properly. It might include researching problems.
No responsibility is too heavy. Some tasks are challenging in a good way but no one monitors the volume or the work flow. Changes are dictated with short notice and no support or coordination.
I learned that to be supported or get a problem fixed one has to repeatedly, and I mean over and over and over, report problems or needs.
The two levels of management above me worked very hard and treated me well but had too much to do. Weeks or months could pass without anyone checking in on my unit.
Co-workers varied from terrific to poor but the "fix the problem, not the blame" ethic perpetuates bad performance.
The hardest part of the job was finding out who had the answer to a question.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily sense of accomplishment.
Production environment; work long hours
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: clinic onsite for employees
Cons: long hours seven days
I worked as a machine operator and sanitation tech; one of the positive areas are there's room to grow; if you want to learn other areas, they look inside the plant first before looking outside.
worst job ever
warehouse loader (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: none at all
Cons: all
don't do it to yourself keep going worst job ever don't do it keep walking horrible management don't ever work there treat their employees like nothing
Awesome experience at Dr. Pepper
Material Handler (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Love the fast past environment, I have learned how to perform under pressure, the management staff are always teaching our team safety first, and how to have fun taking care of customers needs. I love my co-workers like brothers.
Dpsg
Full Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), Englewood, COFebruary 16, 2015
Not a terrible amount of daily variation. Distant Management. Usually requires extensive travel. Potential for effective team community.
Too many Hours
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Lansing, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free promotional clothing items
Cons: too many hours not enough monetary compensation.
If you are the Night shift Supervisor you will be exempt. Be prepared to work from 40 to 50+ hours a week! always disorganized, never know what to expect. You have to wear many hats and work with a skeleton crew most times. Compesation not in alighnment with the amount of work required. Not many opportunities for Growth unless you start as a loader, then become a Driver.
Do whatever you can to not work here
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: company car (account mgrs)
Cons: see above - too many to list
This company is probably the worst company I've ever worked for. They talk a good game about being employee oriented but everyone is just a number. I was hired on by a very knowledgeable, respectable person who gave the company 30+ years of his life and they canned him like he was yesterday's newspaper.

The management is unorganized from the top down - they would hand down information at the last minute then expect everyone to have 100% execution a day or two later. There is minimal room for advancement - in order to move up, you'll need to transfer to a different branch but don't expect much internal help to do so.

Turnaround was moderately high in the sales team - division managers, national account execs, account managers came and went like the wind and that's not even including merchandisers (some would show up and leave on their first day). Other DSD companies have good relations with their customers above store level, but not Dr Pepper - for anything to come in at store level was a fight, but mainly because service issues are so heinous, that even the best of customer relationships were stressed.

Expect minuscule annual raises (max is 3% and rarely given), long work hours (kiss your holidays goodbye), and rude customers. The starting salary is hardly anything to write home about and it should come as no surprise that DP pays the least out of the "big three" soda companies. A large part of the AM job is dependent upon merchandiser performance, but since their pay is the lowest in comparison to Coke and Pepsi, the people they find hardly do their job so much of the time is spent playing babysitter and damage control while you try to hit 10-13 accounts in a day. Just look at all the merchandiser openings they're advertising for on here and you can see what I mean.

Employee morale is super low with many employees looking for jobs elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere too
Part time work
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Fernando, CAFebruary 4, 2015
Looking for Full time work
Good company to work for and pleasant work enviroment
Hours varied per work week, looking for a stable 40+ hour work week
Good to thier employees
Ivy Tech Community College - Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 4, 2015
Great company with great benefits to work with. The district managers are great at helping if need be. I wanted to finish school and add to my family or I would still work there.
No organazation,oppertunity for advancment,job security or employees are not held accountable for their lack of performance.
Sales (Current Employee), Jackson,TNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: not stable
My typical day is to walk into an account greeted by an angry manager about why their load was not delivered, damaged, not on schedule,etc. Tons of Drama. No accountability from managers to address issues with employees. Some of the pros of the job is a change of scenery. Not doing the same thing daily. Benefits are excellent. You do have the opportunity to transfer.
Time consuming, difffcult, rushed, and overworked.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), West Fargo, NDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, diffcult
On a typical day, I would have to work 8-10 stories. A typical shift for me was 10-12 hours long. Even with me work through my breaks. Fellow merchandisers for the company would not organize the back-stock and sometimes would barely stock the shelves in the store. On a personal level the management was great, I enjoyed working with them. though on a professional level they did not adjust my schedule so my shift was shorter, nor for sales that would force me to work and a store longer. The sale representative would over order products for the store, make the job more difficult. Since, we had limited space in the stories back-stock. One part of the job that was enjoyable was seeing the results of my hard work and any given store and helping other people in the store.
Hate that this rating has to be this way.
IT / Corporate Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Plano TXFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: location, benefits
Cons: constant layoffs
I went to work here - 1st job out of college. Worked here 26 years. Started out a private company then public then private then public again. Changed locations and company names several times. Please beware. This company has great benefits but is cutthroat for sure! Enter at your own risk!!
A Flexible Career
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I would work 8 to 9 hours a day depending on frieght. I learned how the sales and display assemblies were created and/or accurate. Management skills was odd, but that's part of any job. The hardest part of my job was if an heavy load comes to the store to drop the frieght and the store's warehouse is junky. What I enjoyed the most was encountering new people everyday.
I worked for this company temporarily company overall is very good .
delivery driver. (Former Employee), Norcross GeorgiaJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: decent benefits vacation and holidays.
Cons: driver position is too demanding for rate of pay.
The position as delivery Snapple driver will probably never have longevity because requirements are very high and pay is not very good.
Worst place I've ever worked at
Loader (Former Employee), Springfield ilJanuary 29, 2015
if you're a larger person don't apply for this job. They expect too much from you and give you very little in return.you'll be working 10+ hours for very little pay they will give you hours, but if you mess up on something, they'll throw you to the wolves.The managements there is poor. The work conditions is awful. I don't recommend this job to anyone
Co-workers are team players
Utility Person (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I was trained in various positions and I enjoyed making different types of beverages and operating different types of machinery. I enjoyed working with team players and setting up the products for the next shift.
Productive and Efficient
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee), Northlake, ILJanuary 26, 2015
This position allowed me to further develop my excel and SAP skills while learning more about the business. Management is approachable and willing to teach but limited as they are located at the headquarters in Plano, TX. Being at a branch location made the distance one of the harder parts of the job. The second difficult part of the job was limited opportunity to advance when being away from the headquarters. Overall it is a good job and one that I found enjoyable on a daily basis.
Enjoyable job and independent work without supervision.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), San AntonioJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: worked independently, by myself. benefits start day one of employment.
Cons: using personal vehicle to go on routes. management is lacking professionalism and resources.
Job function was enjoyable. Lots of movement, opportunity to meet people and I worked independently. Went to stores on assigned route to merchandise product. Took care of back stock within store and condensed product from delivery truck.
Good active job with very little managerial support.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: independent work environment, not in an office setting and early days
Cons: overworked with no compensation
This coulld be a "career", not just a job. The upper management does not support you as an employee and wants you to dedicate your life to the company with little chance of advancement. You can be demoted for no reason.
nice place to work
Warehouse Loader (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Yes long hours but you get pay every minute of it..if you likehard work and a busy place this is the job for you..management could be better but I can't complain ive had worse managers. Coworkers are fun and respectful..this people keep complaining about overtime if they don't like it easy enough just quit...overtime is where the money its at I love every day working for this company..you could move to any state and keep working for the same comapany..same benefits and you don't worry about finding another job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success – Read more

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos