DP World Employee Reviews

fitness at work place
Maritime Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Melbourne VICMay 24, 2016
.job very challenging
.to be aware about surroundings
.to be compassionate to others
.on your feet over 12 hours
.having a relaxed or easy day when nothing goes wrong...
productive, lovely collegues
Chef (Former Employee) –  Stanford le HopeMay 6, 2016
Day to day work was hard and due to the building being new, it was also full of problems and issues with new equipment.

What i have learned from this company is that contract catering is an unpredictable industry.

Management was a bit up and down due to having 3 managers in 4 months but it soon sorted itself out.

All co workers were hard working and very friendly.

The hardest part of the job was predicting how busy it was going to be. One day it was be really busy and we would run out of food, then the next day we hard hardly any customers, this was due to people working on the docks and the shift patterns of the workers which we were completely unaware of.

Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting lots of different people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, no consistency with managers
i like to work with a reputed company
Operator (Current Employee) –  Dubai Free ZoneApril 5, 2016
i am interested to work with a reputed company. i am thankful to my previous job because i learnt a lot of things from there.
Material Inspector (Civil) (Current Employee) –  DubaiMarch 21, 2016
it is a nice firm to work, having good salaries and better benefits ,hard work always gets appreciation, I have learned a lot while working here, get improve in my some weaknesses , management is good, had a friendly atmosphere at work, I enjoyed my job while inspection and visiting construction sites and meeting with people with expertise in their fields and gain knowledge
Working Situation
Cargo Controller (Former Employee) –  Jebel Ali FreezoneFebruary 29, 2016
Dp World

I have learned lot of thing in DP World main things are give below

General Cargo operation and warehouse operation
Documentation work
delivery
employees handling
vessel handling (loading and discharging ) Goods, Steel and vehicles
plastic etc
Worklife balance and New learning each day
HC System Administrator (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 28, 2016
Company understand work life balance and Co- Workers are always ready to help and are friendly too. Everyday is new learning and working with diversified culture all the way a good experience.
Fun working place
HSE Officer (Former Employee) –  Dubai, DUDecember 13, 2015
Day to day enhancing HSE in Port

Vessel inspection

Good management

Co workers are very cooperative

Hardest part is HAZMAT operations

Goverment organasation
Pros
Free car
Cons
healthy working environment , good gaining of knowledge
Electrical Engineering Dept - Electrical Officer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MHAugust 22, 2015
Very good to work , a good working environment, helpful colleagues, only package is too low . Otherwise very good firm. Fun working, a lot to learn good guidance given , freedom to work. Management is excellent
Pros
transport facilities, good food, good colleagues
Cons
salary package very less
Small Company but a good company
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  BangaloreAugust 17, 2015
Friendly environment, good projects, Great team I have worked. EBS helped me in building my confidence level to attend any type of user.
Learning Curves and Strong Networking With the Government Sectors and the Private Sectors
Customer Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUAugust 17, 2015
reviewing targets and KPI’s based on the department strategies; proceedings with the work planning and scheduling for the short and long terms. Direct communications with the department colleagues supporting them with their initiatives whether contracts or even developing projects. Reviewing projects based on making feasibility studies in order to cover the organization interests legally and to make the projects more profitable. Much more on a daily bases participating in commercial activities in order to maintain the commercial department qualities, and customers satisfactions and loyalties. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work results.
Growth and very productive
Tally clerk (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZNAugust 11, 2015
There is nothing much i can review as i was a temporary employee did not spend much time with the company. I worked as a Tally Clerk discharging containers on board the vessel and also making sure that are stowed correctly when being loaded on board the vessel at the correct sequence and position
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Overtime
Excellent Place to work
Stanford le Hope, UK Operations Planner (Current Employee) –  London, ENGJuly 29, 2015
Very satisfied with the professionalism of my the managers and the rest of my colluegues in London Gateway. I would highly recommend it as a great workplace.
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai, DUJuly 15, 2015
Reviewing targets and KPI’s based on the department strategies; proceedings with the work planning and scheduling for the short and long terms. Direct communications with the department colleagues supporting them with their initiatives whether contracts or even developing projects. Reviewing projects based on making feasibility studies in order to cover the organization interests legally and to make the projects more profitable. Much more on a daily bases participating in commercial activities in order to maintain the commercial department qualities, and customers satisfactions and loyalties. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work results.
Fast paced
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  AmericaMay 19, 2015
There is no typical day at work, if you are looking for fast paced this is the place to work
CEO is a connected and supportive
The hardest part is that you are on call 24/7
Place for learning and fun in working with colleagues
Senior Executive (I.T.) (Current Employee) –  Kochi, KLMay 7, 2015
- Good work life balance
- supporting colleagues
- good IT infrastructure
- supporting manager
- good exposure to port industry
Pros
maintain work life balance
Cons
less promotion opportunities in IT sector
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Foreman Stevedoring (Former Employee) –  FremantleMarch 1, 2015
Enjoyable working with a variety of people and skills in the performance of their duties loading and unloading of Vessels to supply clients
a good multinational company
Senior Accounts Officer (Former Employee) –  karachiFebruary 1, 2015
i learn a lot from this workplace. i joined as a junior accountant and was appointed as Head of Department for a new location of the terminal. i spend my 6 years in this organization.
Outcomes of my work life
Management Trainee - Tenure (Former Employee) –  GJJanuary 31, 2015
DP World had been the first step in my career which has given a stage for developing myself and my organization by exhibiting the skills that I posses for a productive result.

The word Management became more explicit through this professional environment by adhering to all the ethical values in a working life which had therefore given me an opportunity to boost up my leadership qualities and team work.
Enthusiastic and committed workforce
Civil Engineering Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ENGDecember 29, 2014
I greatly enjoyed both my times working for DP World London Gateway. Being a new multi-billion port development, using some of the newest technology in the world, meant it was a very exciting place to work. Social event were regular, and had a flat management style which meant it was easy for the flow of information from the employees to senior management.
Its an excellent paymaster but more favorable to the management culture and politics
Financial Analyst (temporary contract) (Former Employee) –  Dubai, UAENovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is just to deal with routine issues, and sometimes its difficult to coordinate different information from other departments and colleagues.
Apart from that the management where typically racist and i have particularly noted they were preferring a particular category of people which lead to other issues such as the co-workers were showing hatred to a new joiner from a different ethnic and particularly religious background.
The most enjoyable part of the job was since it was a high- level government organization which is a third ranking company in the world, they have a decent office timing, and a balanced work load and well paid job.
The hardest part of work was to adjust to unfair treatments between the most powerful prevalent ethnic group in the company who did not welcome a person from a different community and they had even subsidized my achievements to block me from getting a permanent job.