DP World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Small Company but a good company
DESKTOP SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee), BangaloreAugust 17, 2015
Friendly environment, good projects, Great team I have worked. EBS helped me in building my confidence level to attend any type of user.
Learning Curves and Strong Networking With the Government Sectors and the Private Sectors
Customer Support Officer (Current Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 17, 2015
reviewing targets and KPI’s based on the department strategies; proceedings with the work planning and scheduling for the short and long terms. Direct communications with the department colleagues supporting them with their initiatives whether contracts or even developing projects. Reviewing projects based on making feasibility studies in order to cover the organization interests legally and to make the projects more profitable. Much more on a daily bases participating in commercial activities in order to maintain the commercial department qualities, and customers satisfactions and loyalties. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work results.
Growth and very productive
Tally clerk (Former Employee), Durban, ZNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Free gifts
Cons: Overtime
There is nothing much i can review as i was a temporary employee did not spend much time with the company. I worked as a Tally Clerk discharging containers on board the vessel and also making sure that are stowed correctly when being loaded on board the vessel at the correct sequence and position
Excellent Place to work
Stanford le Hope, UK Operations Planner (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 29, 2015
Very satisfied with the professionalism of my the managers and the rest of my colluegues in London Gateway. I would highly recommend it as a great workplace.
Commercial Manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 15, 2015
Reviewing targets and KPI’s based on the department strategies; proceedings with the work planning and scheduling for the short and long terms. Direct communications with the department colleagues supporting them with their initiatives whether contracts or even developing projects. Reviewing projects based on making feasibility studies in order to cover the organization interests legally and to make the projects more profitable. Much more on a daily bases participating in commercial activities in order to maintain the commercial department qualities, and customers satisfactions and loyalties. the most enjoyable part of the job is the work results.
Fast paced
Senior Manager (Former Employee), AmericaMay 19, 2015
There is no typical day at work, if you are looking for fast paced this is the place to work
CEO is a connected and supportive
The hardest part is that you are on call 24/7
Place for learning and fun in working with colleagues
Senior Executive (I.T.) (Current Employee), Kochi, KLMay 7, 2015
Pros: maintain work life balance
Cons: less promotion opportunities in IT sector
- Good work life balance
- supporting colleagues
- good IT infrastructure
- supporting manager
- good exposure to port industry
Shocking place to work
general admin bod (Former Employee), stanford le'hopeMarch 5, 2015
Cons: long hours, zero job satisfaction, working for incompetent hacks
If you are thinking about a career at London Gateway I implore you to rethink your options. Essentially the internal policies and procedures change on a daily basis. the senior management manipulate job descriptions constantly and continually increase work loads on staff offering zero incentive to conform. The HR department is corrupt and regularly gossip about sensitive & confidential information. Trust me, if you have any internal disputes or are going through a disciplinary everyone will know about it. My "manager" (I use the term loosely) had 4 grievance procedures lodged against her in the – more... time I was there. all by different people, all on the same subjects but no action was taken as she was very pally with the HR director. Unfortunately you will not succeed in this company unless your face fits. Its as simple as that. I may sound like a disgruntled employee with a grudge, I promise you I am not, I just hate to see decent, hard working people treated like cattle and have there confidence and self belief shredded by incompetent senior management. Honestly, if DP world had a tagline it would be 'everyone is replaceable'. If you still need clarification as to how awful this company is check out there staff turnover figures for the first 18 months of operation. Its shocking. – less
Enjoyable work atmosphere
Foreman Stevedoring (Former Employee), FremantleMarch 1, 2015
Enjoyable working with a variety of people and skills in the performance of their duties loading and unloading of Vessels to supply clients
Work timing and perks are excellent
Business Development Executive (Current Employee), DubaiFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: salary

a good multinational company
Senior Accounts Officer (Former Employee), karachiFebruary 1, 2015
i learn a lot from this workplace. i joined as a junior accountant and was appointed as Head of Department for a new location of the terminal. i spend my 6 years in this organization.
Outcomes of my work life
Management Trainee - Tenure (Former Employee), GJJanuary 31, 2015
DP World had been the first step in my career which has given a stage for developing myself and my organization by exhibiting the skills that I posses for a productive result.

The word Management became more explicit through this professional environment by adhering to all the ethical values in a working life which had therefore given me an opportunity to boost up my leadership qualities and team work.
Enthusiastic and committed workforce
Civil Engineering Co-ordinator (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 29, 2014
I greatly enjoyed both my times working for DP World London Gateway. Being a new multi-billion port development, using some of the newest technology in the world, meant it was a very exciting place to work. Social event were regular, and had a flat management style which meant it was easy for the flow of information from the employees to senior management.
Its an excellent paymaster but more favorable to the management culture and politics
Financial Analyst (temporary contract) (Former Employee), Dubai, UAENovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is just to deal with routine issues, and sometimes its difficult to coordinate different information from other departments and colleagues.
Apart from that the management where typically racist and i have particularly noted they were preferring a particular category of people which lead to other issues such as the co-workers were showing hatred to a new joiner from a different ethnic and particularly religious background.
The most enjoyable part of the job was since it was a high- level government organization which is a third ranking company in the world, they have a decent office timing, and a balanced work load and well paid job.
The hardest part of work was to adjust to unfair treatments between the most powerful prevalent ethnic group in the company who did not welcome a person from a different community and they had even subsidized my achievements to block me from getting a permanent job.
it was fun working and knowledgeable job
Incharge Admin/safety (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: on achievement or on timely completion of any tasks
every day was a typical day , every day came up with new chalge and learnings, management always promoted me to solve the problems, and co-workers were coordinated but some how irresponsible, hardest part of the job was operators practical assessment when whole the day long you spend on equipments in dust, sun light, and noises. it always involve me in flu and cough problem. the most enjoyable part of my job is taking challenge , event management, solving problems, achieving goals and taking appriciation form the higher management.
Poor work culture, us and them mentality.
In- Charge Foreman at Fisherman Islands Terminal (Former Employee), Fisherman Islands, Brisbane, QLDOctober 21, 2014
Pros: diversity of job tasks and good money.
Cons: bad mindset between the relevant parties.
The job was brilliant with the job description and task constantly changing. However the mind set between emplyee's and management, was unrealistic, which in-turn caused a great deal of turmoil within the company.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
RTG FORK LIFT (Former Employee), Fremantle, WAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: long hours
GOT ON WELL WITH CO WORKERS AND SUPERVISERS WORKED WELL WITH TRUCK DRIVERS AND SHIPS CREW
googie
gantry operator (Former Employee), uaeOctober 14, 2014
Pros: operator
Cons: all operator
To work in a progressive organization offer challenging career opportunities and congenial work environment
Tally Cerk
Tally Clerk (Current Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: 01 cold drink a day .
Cons: 12 hours a day
Checking , updating and marking containers while loading or discharging .
About the role
Senior Communications Officer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: career growth opportunitys and learning opportunities
DP World Ltd. is a global leader in the management and operation of marine terminals. In 2007, the company evolved from a Limited Liability Company to being publicly listed on the NASDAQ and later on the London Stock Exchange. As a member of the Corporate Communications team, I was actively involved in the events of the initial public offering (IPO) Listing Day, Annual General Meetings, and Board meetings etc. Other responsibilities included:
• Brand guardianship, strategic planning, development and execution of the intranet.
• Editorial oversight of the quarterly internal publication.
• Managed the internal communication budget. HR initiatives (including the employee engagement survey), a management trainee program and an employee welfare program.
• Facilitated development of the HR website.