DP World

DP World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor work culture, us and them mentality.
In- Charge Foreman at Fisherman Islands Terminal (Former Employee), Fisherman Islands, Brisbane, QLDOctober 21, 2014
Pros: diversity of job tasks and good money.
Cons: bad mindset between the relevant parties.
The job was brilliant with the job description and task constantly changing. However the mind set between emplyee's and management, was unrealistic, which in-turn caused a great deal of turmoil within the company.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
RTG FORK LIFT (Former Employee), Fremantle, WAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: long hours
GOT ON WELL WITH CO WORKERS AND SUPERVISERS WORKED WELL WITH TRUCK DRIVERS AND SHIPS CREW
googie
gantry operator (Former Employee), uaeOctober 14, 2014
Pros: operator
Cons: all operator
To work in a progressive organization offer challenging career opportunities and congenial work environment
Tally Cerk
Tally Clerk (Current Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: 01 cold drink a day .
Cons: 12 hours a day
Checking , updating and marking containers while loading or discharging .
About the role
Senior Communications Officer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: career growth opportunitys and learning opportunities
DP World Ltd. is a global leader in the management and operation of marine terminals. In 2007, the company evolved from a Limited Liability Company to being publicly listed on the NASDAQ and later on the London Stock Exchange. As a member of the Corporate Communications team, I was actively involved in the events of the initial public offering (IPO) – more... Listing Day, Annual General Meetings, and Board meetings etc. Other responsibilities included:
• Brand guardianship, strategic planning, development and execution of the intranet.
• Editorial oversight of the quarterly internal publication.
• Managed the internal communication budget. HR initiatives (including the employee engagement survey), a management trainee program and an employee welfare program.
• Facilitated development of the HR website. – less
Good company with environment benefits
Archives clerk (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMay 22, 2014
Pros: accommodation and transport allowance
DP World's emphasis on cultivating a dynamic and inspiring work environment is one of the key factors driving the company's success. While our operations may be geographically diverse, the values of team work, commitment and leadership are deeply rooted within our corporate culture.
Productive work place.
Sr. Officer (Current Employee), MUMBAIApril 16, 2014
Good opportunity to learn many new things. Its is container terminal, which has good working condition. Every one is very helpful and motivate to learn new things.
Discussable
Billing Controller (Current Employee), Jebel Ali Port & Free ZoneMarch 14, 2014
Computer Based Work
Gathethering Documents Generating/Sending Invoices with supporting to Customers, Communication/Follow up with the customers for Payment.
assistant civil engineering
Dubai sponsor (Former Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free launch
Cons: long hours
Completion of CSCL Leaders for students Dubai sponsor by DP World.
Good working environment
Software Consultant(Contract Employee) (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free cool drink
Cons: 9
Good working environment
technical skills improved.
good functional skills,performance.
short contract
self-employed Assistant installation (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 13, 2014
electrician installation and comissioning engineer on a conatiner shipping port new build
Good International Exposure
Documentation Assistant (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 20, 2013
Pros: good exposure to learn and expertise
Cons: limited growth
Very hectic work schedule
Careers in port, shipping and customs begin from this organisation
Management is lack pro-activeness in terms of basic operation
Very good co-worker as team
The hardest part is best efforts goes in vain
Good teamwork and best live operation
Productive place to work
Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee), DjiboutiSeptember 4, 2013
Fast paced environment to work at. I have learned to manage 200 people in an organization that is operational 24 hours a day.
Strong company
Co-Group Company Secretary, Head of Legal Affairs (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 26, 2013
Was able to work on a wide range of legal based projects and core company developments.
workplace
documentation (Current Employee), chennaiJune 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches, transport facilities
Cons: few hours
i working for two years i learned lot of things in my workng place. i statisfied my customer...
multicultural work environment
Global Operations (Current Employee), Dubai, Corporate officeApril 5, 2013
Using the creative vision of the organisation and my ability I play a major part in leading the development of modern, highly engaging business content to be used in the improved communication of my organisation.
The sea of Electrical and Electronics.
Technician class 2 (Current Employee), DubaiMarch 11, 2013
Pros: can learn new thing in electrical and electronics
Cons: long hours, need to work at height.
Working at DP World is great place of learning new things in Electrical and Electronics. can do many experiments in relevant field. very good pace to build our career. the hardest part of the job is need to work at height, this is little danger.
I learned all about heavy machinery,and how to be a dogger.
operations,leading hand,Dogger,Trainer assesser, (Current Employee), BrisbaneAugust 23, 2012
Pros: flexability
Cons: 24 hours 7 days
Was a good place to work,now they are bringing in automation,so it will get rid of 150 workers.
productive and fun evrybody are cooperative.
class-1 marine electrician (Current Employee), jebel ali freezoneAugust 16, 2012
a typical day @work started with toolbox meeting espcially safety@work area.i`v learned a lot on how to be productive&the management are very supportive. our colleagues cooperating each other even the hardest part of job during summer season when most engines,ac,&other equipments are over heating but when the tea times comes(breaktime) evrybodies happy – more... talking while zipping aHot free tea w/ milk.
its fun to work @ dp world. i love you. – less
My Work Experience
Tally Supervisor (Former Employee), DurbanAugust 1, 2012
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: longer hours to maintain deadlines
At DP World we were very deadline driven. There were times we finish early, however we had to work later when we had dealines to reach.

the management of the company were very understanding and left me to conduct my duties as i desired.

My co wokers were very helpful and always assisted me with my duties.

The hardest part of my job was facing the – more... cold raining night on the vessels.

The most enjoyable part was working in hot summer nights in the cool atmosphere at the port. – less