DP World

DP World Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good multinational company
Senior Accounts Officer (Former Employee), karachiFebruary 1, 2015
i learn a lot from this workplace. i joined as a junior accountant and was appointed as Head of Department for a new location of the terminal. i spend my 6 years in this organization.
Outcomes of my work life
Management Trainee - Tenure (Former Employee), GJJanuary 31, 2015
DP World had been the first step in my career which has given a stage for developing myself and my organization by exhibiting the skills that I posses for a productive result.

The word Management became more explicit through this professional environment by adhering to all the ethical values in a working life which had therefore given me an opportunity to boost up my leadership qualities and team work.
Enthusiastic and committed workforce
Civil Engineering Co-ordinator (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 29, 2014
I greatly enjoyed both my times working for DP World London Gateway. Being a new multi-billion port development, using some of the newest technology in the world, meant it was a very exciting place to work. Social event were regular, and had a flat management style which meant it was easy for the flow of information from the employees to senior management.
Its an excellent paymaster but more favorable to the management culture and politics
Financial Analyst (temporary contract) (Former Employee), Dubai, UAENovember 25, 2014
A typical day at work is just to deal with routine issues, and sometimes its difficult to coordinate different information from other departments and colleagues.
Apart from that the management where typically racist and i have particularly noted they were preferring a particular category of people which lead to other issues such as the co-workers were showing hatred to a new joiner from a different ethnic and particularly religious background.
The most enjoyable part of the job was since it was a high- level government organization which is a third ranking company in the world, they have a decent office timing, and a balanced work load and well paid job.
The hardest part of work was to adjust to unfair treatments between the most powerful prevalent ethnic group in the company who did not welcome a person from a different community and they had even subsidized my achievements to block me from getting a permanent job.
it was fun working and knowledgeable job
Incharge Admin/safety (Former Employee), Karachi, PSDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: on achievement or on timely completion of any tasks
every day was a typical day , every day came up with new chalge and learnings, management always promoted me to solve the problems, and co-workers were coordinated but some how irresponsible, hardest part of the job was operators practical assessment when whole the day long you spend on equipments in dust, sun light, and noises. it always involve me in flu and cough problem. the most enjoyable part of my job is taking challenge , event management, solving problems, achieving goals and taking appriciation form the higher management.
Poor work culture, us and them mentality.
In- Charge Foreman at Fisherman Islands Terminal (Former Employee), Fisherman Islands, Brisbane, QLDOctober 21, 2014
Pros: diversity of job tasks and good money.
Cons: bad mindset between the relevant parties.
The job was brilliant with the job description and task constantly changing. However the mind set between emplyee's and management, was unrealistic, which in-turn caused a great deal of turmoil within the company.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
RTG FORK LIFT (Former Employee), Fremantle, WAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: long hours
GOT ON WELL WITH CO WORKERS AND SUPERVISERS WORKED WELL WITH TRUCK DRIVERS AND SHIPS CREW
googie
gantry operator (Former Employee), uaeOctober 14, 2014
Pros: operator
Cons: all operator
To work in a progressive organization offer challenging career opportunities and congenial work environment
Tally Cerk
Tally Clerk (Current Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: 01 cold drink a day .
Cons: 12 hours a day
Checking , updating and marking containers while loading or discharging .
About the role
Senior Communications Officer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: career growth opportunitys and learning opportunities
DP World Ltd. is a global leader in the management and operation of marine terminals. In 2007, the company evolved from a Limited Liability Company to being publicly listed on the NASDAQ and later on the London Stock Exchange. As a member of the Corporate Communications team, I was actively involved in the events of the initial public offering (IPO) Listing Day, Annual General Meetings, and Board meetings etc. Other responsibilities included:
• Brand guardianship, strategic planning, development and execution of the intranet.
• Editorial oversight of the quarterly internal publication.
• Managed the internal communication budget. HR initiatives (including the employee engagement survey), a management trainee program and an employee welfare program.
• Facilitated development of the HR website.
Good company with environment benefits
Archives clerk (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMay 22, 2014
Pros: accommodation and transport allowance
DP World's emphasis on cultivating a dynamic and inspiring work environment is one of the key factors driving the company's success. While our operations may be geographically diverse, the values of team work, commitment and leadership are deeply rooted within our corporate culture.
Productive work place.
Sr. Officer (Current Employee), MUMBAIApril 16, 2014
Good opportunity to learn many new things. Its is container terminal, which has good working condition. Every one is very helpful and motivate to learn new things.
Discussable
Billing Controller (Current Employee), Jebel Ali Port & Free ZoneMarch 14, 2014
Computer Based Work
Gathethering Documents Generating/Sending Invoices with supporting to Customers, Communication/Follow up with the customers for Payment.
assistant civil engineering
Dubai sponsor (Former Employee), Dubai, DUFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free launch
Cons: long hours
Completion of CSCL Leaders for students Dubai sponsor by DP World.
Good working environment
Software Consultant(Contract Employee) (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free cool drink
Cons: 9
Good working environment
technical skills improved.
good functional skills,performance.
short contract
self-employed Assistant installation (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 13, 2014
electrician installation and comissioning engineer on a conatiner shipping port new build
Good International Exposure
Documentation Assistant (Former Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 20, 2013
Pros: good exposure to learn and expertise
Cons: limited growth
Very hectic work schedule
Careers in port, shipping and customs begin from this organisation
Management is lack pro-activeness in terms of basic operation
Very good co-worker as team
The hardest part is best efforts goes in vain
Good teamwork and best live operation
Productive place to work
Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee), DjiboutiSeptember 4, 2013
Fast paced environment to work at. I have learned to manage 200 people in an organization that is operational 24 hours a day.
Strong company
Co-Group Company Secretary, Head of Legal Affairs (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 26, 2013
Was able to work on a wide range of legal based projects and core company developments.
workplace
documentation (Current Employee), chennaiJune 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches, transport facilities
Cons: few hours
i working for two years i learned lot of things in my workng place. i statisfied my customer...