DPM Event Assistant
The DPM Event Assistant role is primarily to support the Downtown Pedestrian Mall Manager (DPM) in in all event planning, vendor activations, special activities and festival support taking place on the Pedestrian Malls (Stephen Avenue and Barclay Parade). This position is a contract position starting as early as April 1st until as late as Oct 1st 2014. The successful applicants must be able to work from May 15th – Sept 4th
The Event Assistant will support the DPM to foster community development through cultural activities and events on Stephen Ave Walk and Barclay Parade. This position will be responsible for carrying out portions the planning and operational management of various events and festivities. This is a great opportunity to gain well rounded knowledge in the event industry working with the various types of clients and stakeholders we service on the Pedestrian Malls. There will be physical requirements including light lifting, tent set up, and active walking.
Duties & Responsibilities of this Role
- The Event Assistant will be a primary on- site contact for all vendors, event activations special activities managers
- Will be responsible for overseeing all set up and support details of daily Pedestrian Mall events
- Will liaise with all participants by phone, email and in person.
- Confirming site specific location and monitoring vendor and event set up
- Ensuring activations have obtained all necessary permits
- Assessing vendor applications and liaising with applicants
- Physical site check daily, outside; snow, rain or shine from 10:30am – 2pm
- Credible Event Management training or education is an asset
- Association with event industry peers or ISES (International Special Event Society) is an asset
- Excellent verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Able to work equally well independently and collaboratively
- Possess a can-do attitude
- Must like to have fun, but maintain a strong sense of professionalism at all times.
- Will require weekend work.
Tuesday – Saturday
9am – 4:30pm
April – Sept 2014
Salary: Entry level
Closing date: Once suitable candidate is found.