Downsview Services for Seniors (DSS) is a multi-service, seniors’ organization in the Downsview area of North Toronto. We aspire to meet the needs of older adults and their caregivers in our diverse community. Our goal is to provide equitable, accessible, high quality services to support and foster independent living.
DSS celebrated its 35th anniversary in 2009 and is recognized as a leader in the development of innovative home support servi ces and programs. We have forged solid partnerships and collaborated with other agencies and professionals in the community service sector.
PROGRAM COORDINATOR – INTERLUDE PROGRAM
1 YEAR CONTRACT, PART-TIME
16-23 HOURS PER WEEK
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Adult Day Program Supervisor, the successful candidate will coordinate the Interlude Overnight Stay and Respite Program, and assist with the facilitation of a Caregiver Support Group on a weekly basis. The successful candidate will coordinate overnight stays, organize program staff schedules and assist with various duties as required.
- Conduct client assessments and monitor clients’ overall physical, mental and emotional well-being and progress
- Support and problem solve with clients/caregivers around service needs
- Refer clients to internal agency programs
- Develop and monitor individual Care Plans for clients upon admission
- Document and inform supervisor of any changes or incidents. Document client progress notes.
- Act as a team leader for Interlude Program Staff and Caregiver Support Group volunteers
- Facilitation of discussion for Caregiver Support Group, where necessary. Set up, cleaning and organization of program equipment, supplies and work area
- Liaise with community partners and conduct outreach assignments to promote the Interlude Program and Caregiver Support Group
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution or a combination of education and experience
- Experience working with individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia
- Self-motivated, creative, and energetic; able to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Microsoft Office)
- Current Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle
- Proficiency in a language other than English is an asset
Downsview Services for Seniors offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits. We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
The starting salary for this position will depend on the successful candidate’s background with respect to job-related education, experience and achievements.
“Downsview Services for Seniors is a fully accredited agency committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse and inclusive workforce that ref lects the communities that we serve. We strongly encourage applications from women and men, people from racialized communities, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and aboriginal persons. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work togethe r to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community”.
Notice to Candidates – you will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), DSS will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request
This position will be posted until filled. Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume to: Human Resources - Downsview Services for Seniors - 497 Wilson Ave. Toronto, ON M3H 1V1