Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Customer Service Group
Data Reporting Analyst, Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ6 March 2016
One of the worst company I ever worked for. The managers are too young , too arrogant and are micromanaging the staff.

I worked in Customer Services. The space accommodated 132 desks and the atmosphere is oppressive to say the least. Everyone is watching everyone else. It is like a factory floor and the top managers are also there watching you.

Plus the salary is dismissal.

If you are over 45 do not apply there. It is humiliated to work with a manager less than 30 years old when you are over 45 particularly is you are dealing with someone who is arrogant and condescending. Truly one of the most painful experience I had working in a corporation.
Awesome work place
PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick Terrace, NJ20 June 2016
Loved working here. Great work culture and huge implementation. Lot of scope to learn and grow. All in all a very good place to work!
Productive and flebile environment
Private Markets Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London4 May 2016
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression
Great Company and People
IT-Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJ2 May 2016
Dow Jones is an outstanding publishing company to work for with impressive teams that are both professional and knowledgeable to work with across the company.
Great learning opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey3 May 2016
There are a lot of opportunities to learn and build a career. The company provides sufficient training and educational opportunities to enhance or learn new skills.
Productive and Fun to Work
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ27 February 2016
Great place to work with balancing your life. Friendly co-workers, exposure to work on newer technology, such as amazon web services, no-sql db such as Mark Logic.
Pros
friendly environment, learned latest technology
Cons
union for technical professionals
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GA12 October 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 March 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ1 March 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA26 February 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Spent 37 years with Dow Jones
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA15 May 2015
U began as a Customer Service Rep dealing directly with people either through the telephone or written correspondence. I then was moved to systems development geared toward Customer Service. I developed their Geographic Information System which is still in use to this day.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Not necessarily a "con" but intense travel for the last 18 years there.
Qa Engineer ,Scrum Master
RSG Media Pvt Ltd (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon,India3 April 2015
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY

• Performed Environmental testing and daily status reporting.
• Developed test case for testing the application and executing the same.
• Testing GUI and functionality of the application using multiple browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,7.0 and 8.0,Mozilla Firefox, and Safari and interpret positive and negative results.
• Worked with developers, users and business analyst to ensure the system works according to the original design.
• Interact directly with Developers and clients to get updates and resolve defects.
Very poor management, complete lack of business ethic and culture
Research (Former Employee) –  London2 December 2014
This company doesn´t keep talent. If you are hard working professional, committed to perform this is not your place to work. If you like to chill around, gossiping and stuff ... then go ahead. The decisions come from US and often very inconsistent, and of course, people doesn´t count. Over 10 years + this was potentially the worst work experience. Managers lie and hide relevant decisions that affect directly people. The HR is incompetent and lacks transparency. Be aware!
Pros
free bananas
Cons
A lot, doesn´t have time to explore deeper.
Collegiate and Fun
Global Sales & Multi Media Director (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 September 2014
Dow Jones (Europe) was a progressive company, with great products and people.

I felt the business would have been more innovative and faster-paced had it not been run quite so much from the center (New York).

Employees were valued and treated fairly, with lots of opportunity for promotion, to work across different product areas and to work in different geographies.
Pros
Great infrastructure and support
Cons
Risk adverse
Productive and fun working environment with snack bar
Client Service Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 September 2013
ŸI took a leader role in seven internal consulting projects including retention-solutions and operations, competitive analysis, new
product roll out process and wiki migration; coordinate closely with technology, marketing, and sales departments

ŸI delivered well-received recommendation-based presentations company wide; compiled a 20-page social media report

ŸI designed a digital app to track Wall Street Journal delivery and offer solutions, estimated to reduce cancellation rate by 5%
My managers were very nice. The people I worked with were all very helpful.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ12 July 2012
I really liked working at Dow Jones. The location was perfect so I didn't have to deal with traffic. The work I did was something different from what I'd been doing but, I was trained well and it was easy to learn.
Pros
nice co-workers. no one looking over my shoulder. there was always someone to go to, where any questions were answered.
Cons
i wasn't there long enough. there was a huge restructure of employees.
Great company culture and work/life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 July 2012
I love that I was able to evolve my role within the company. This gave me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. The entire management team was very approachable and treated all of the employees on the same level, which made it very easy to interact. There were definitely many challenges within my role but the team work within our department allowed me to get through all of the challenges and learn from them.
Pros
atmosphere/environment, great benefits
Cons
difficult to move between departments
As Advertising Sales Coordinator in an exciting field as publishing, was able to acquire a high respect for all the "behind the scenes" work.
Advertising Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 April 2012
During my 18 years of employment at Dow Jones & Co./The Wall Street Journal, I enjoyed learning every aspect of the publishing trade. From the concept of ad creation to seeing the final product in print. I enjoyed working with a great team both internal as well as external and come together to assure great customer service.
Until the very late 1980's, a top-notch company to work for in every respect.
Technical Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ27 July 2012
This was a company with a very strong engineering and technical support base, and a concern for being on the top of the list of great companies to work for. Many of the people on technical support staffs were technicians, programmers, and engineers. Great talent all around.
Pros
great management that knew how to set an example, demand excellence without being overbearing, and be concerned with the all-around health of their personnel.
Cons
needed reorganization to compete effectively in the coming decade.
A productive, inspiring and great place to work
CIRCULATION OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 January 2013
A typical day is to hit the ground running. Working in a dynamic environment required unexpected adaption and strategic change that would be determine by what was going on in the public, governement or news. My responsibility included providing the data to produce the daily newspaper, and manage a team of 7 professionals. The hardest part of the job was the last minute deadline driven aspect and the most enjoyable was the ability to exceed my own expectations.
Pros
meeting celebrities
Cons
holiday season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

76%