Dow Jones

Dow Jones Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good job security and advancement
Assistant Supervisor - WSJ/Barron's Corporate (Current Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJAugust 12, 2013
The new vision at Dow Jones is inspiring. I work daily with many departments to make the company better. The benefits are great. Managers are always helpful. Internal promotions are encouraged. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to coach and train my team. I also enjoy working on Product development teams to make Dow Jones' vision successfully.
Spent 37 years with Dow Jones
Business Administrator (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits
Cons: Not necessarily a "con" but intense travel for the last 18 years there.
U began as a Customer Service Rep dealing directly with people either through the telephone or written correspondence. I then was moved to systems development geared toward Customer Service. I developed their Geographic Information System which is still in use to this day.
Would not recommend
DIrector, Network Eng. (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 27, 2012
MY experience with Dow Jones was in the IT area. I found the management to be in flux with no real direction. They told staff that they wanted to make changes but never really stopped in flight projects to follow the direction. found senior management to be not trustworthy and always relying on other sources who had been there for many years to provid "inside" information
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAOctober 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, great pay
Cons: Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Great place to design allowing your work to be published globally for all media/print/digital
ART DIRECTOR, CONSUMER MEDIA GROUP (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Provider of newspapers, newswires, websites, apps, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences and more, with premier brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, WSJMoney, and WSJD.
Good place to learn how to write concisely
Intern (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.January 2, 2012
Pros: great critical feedback, strong role models in the work place
Cons: not enough time in the day, as with most journalism jobs
This is a learn-by-example workplace. I was taught by watching and learning, not by being coddled and instructed. Its dog-eat-dog in journalism, and working at Dow Jones helped me see that very clearly.
Disappointing
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job security with constant reorganizations
Although salary was based on a 35 hour work week, I was expected to work 10 hours most days and pretty consistently over weekends, especially after some co-workers were let go. When a medical condition prevented me from working 12 hour days, I was also let go.
Challenging and exciting place to work.
Assistant Manager, Int'l Human Resources (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 22, 2012
Pros: professional environment, actively involved the world's current events
Cons: job insecurity
Much of the challenge of this workplace comes from the economic stress placed on the media industry at this time in history. Working with international clients was fascinating.
Credit Evaluation and Collection Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good compensation packages/name recognition
Cons: depending on the job, the time required can be exsorbitant
Dow Jones is in the front of the industry in providing quality news that can be trusted. It is a dynamic place to work, where one can benefit from experience in a wide variety of fields.
Conducted data analysis working on their Factiva Database
Research Intern (Former Employee), London, UKFebruary 28, 2014
As a research intern, I was on a team with other interns, where we analyzed the entries in the Factiva Database an edited them to allow the database to run smoother. Additionally I worked briefly on the Connotate Database, where I worked on a social media platform.
not as good as it was when I first started
Princeton, NJ-Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Princeton/So Brunswick, NJJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: parking ease
Cons: politics
Management didn't follow through on training issues.
Co-workers were easy to work with and to learn from and to teach.
Hardest part of my job was getting management to be effectual.
Most enjoyable part was working with others to solve problems.
Great place to work. Employees worked together . We were like family
building maintenance (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good healthcare benefits, vacation and sick benefits. 401k
Cons: no schedule breaks
We knew what our assignments were. Got the job done. I learned a lot about the printing business as well as my job title "building maintenance"
One of the best companies to work for in NJ
Company's net sales are approximately (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good core company
Cons: More job opportunities in Finance
Dow Jones was a real classy business with some nice opportunities. Like the financial environment in the department as well as the professional reporters in New York.
Was A Great Company. Now An Island of Lost Dreams.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), South Brunswick, NJApril 9, 2013
Pros: learn a lot of programs.
Cons: as people quit/are fired their responsibilities become yours without new titles or pay increase.
Workers are left without a clear understanding of management's future goals.
Incomparable company with marvelous stature and prestige!
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 20, 2012
Being apart of such an outstanding company with an exceptional group of productive and fun people has been the most rewarding time of my entire career.
I miss my co-workers all over the country!
Too many changes with no one knowing what to do.
Acount Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 13, 2013
Company going through many changes. Difficult work environment at the moment.

Sales aspect was great but new pricing new product has upset customers and now hard to deal delivering all these changes to the customer.
Nice Corporate Company to work for
Information Security Administrator\Programmer (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 20, 2012
Pros: comfortable flexible work environment
Cons: no remote jobs
I have enjoyed working for Dow Jones for over 18 years and have learned many skills, met many people and learned alot. Sorry to have to leave!
Productive & warming enviornment
Corporate Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee), New YorkOctober 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting high profile individuals
Cons: n/a
typical day is monitoring CCTV cameras and phone calls, emails and handling employee/guest related issues.
Meeting high profile individual and celebrities
Enjoyed working for Dow Jones
Application Developer/Architect Consultant (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 15, 2014
Most days at work were a mix of troubleshooting and development unless I was on a project with an immediate deadline. Overall I enjoyed working at Dow Jones. It was a good group of people to work with.
Corporate work environment, nice office space in DT SF
Associate, Content & Data Strategy (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: No room for growth
Great company to start your career but don't spend more then 2 years. No growth opportunities but provide skills training helpful at a new company.
Headquarters