Dow Jones Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Good Experience, But Not A Complete One
Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, work/life balance
Cons: leadership, strategic engagement, culture, communication
A fine company, but not one I'd recommend if you want strategic engagement in the work one does.
Great company culture and work/life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2012
Pros: atmosphere/environment, great benefits
Cons: difficult to move between departments
I love that I was able to evolve my role within the company. This gave me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. The entire management team was very approachable and treated all of the employees on the same level, which made it very easy to interact. There were definitely many challenges within my role but the team work within our department allowed me to get through all of the challenges and learn from them.
Good job security and advancement
Assistant Supervisor - WSJ/Barron's Corporate (Current Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJAugust 12, 2013
The new vision at Dow Jones is inspiring. I work daily with many departments to make the company better. The benefits are great. Managers are always helpful. Internal promotions are encouraged. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to coach and train my team. I also enjoy working on Product development teams to make Dow Jones' vision successfully.
It's alrigt
Former employee (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
The pros of the job were the benefits and time off. Some of my co-workers in my dept who have been there for a while are great.
Qa Engineer ,Scrum Master
RSG Media Pvt Ltd (Former Employee), Gurgaon,IndiaApril 3, 2015
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY

• Performed Environmental testing and daily status reporting.
• Developed test case for testing the application and executing the same.
• Testing GUI and functionality of the application using multiple browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,7.0 and 8.0,Mozilla Firefox, and Safari and interpret positive and negative results.
• Worked with developers, users and business analyst to ensure the system works according to the original design.
• Interact directly with Developers and clients to get updates and resolve defects.
Disappointing
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no job security with constant reorganizations
Although salary was based on a 35 hour work week, I was expected to work 10 hours most days and pretty consistently over weekends, especially after some co-workers were let go. When a medical condition prevented me from working 12 hour days, I was also let go.
not as good as it was when I first started
Princeton, NJ-Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Princeton/So Brunswick, NJJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: parking ease
Cons: politics
Management didn't follow through on training issues.
Co-workers were easy to work with and to learn from and to teach.
Hardest part of my job was getting management to be effectual.
Most enjoyable part was working with others to solve problems.
The best of all Companies I worked for it was so Great! Ilove their Conservative attitude, Tradition, Prestige, Honor
Staff Accountant-General Accounting Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: the best of the wall street companies
Cons: was in princeton new jersey, it would take 1 hr w/o traffic to get there and back from home in union cityi
Working for Dow Jones was one of the best things that happened in my lifwe. I learned so much its incredible. They taught me how to think on my feet as if I was an army of one. You were on your own but there was mentors. I just loved it so much. every day was new and exciting. you would not know what was coming so you had to be ready for anything. one thing that stands out the most is time management. I learned how to use my time wisely. time is golden. like forest Gump said: Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get! this is what describes this company. The Wall Street Culture. I would like to thank all those indviduals who picked me to work for Dow Jones after Graduating from Saint Peter's University. THere were many candidates from my school and others including IVY Leage schools. I was so Happy: I thank you all for the opportunity that was given to me. THats why I would like to give others opportunity to work for my company. Espinal Business DServices, L.L..C. I learned the fundamentals of the stock market, and how they pick the 10 bluechip stocks for the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE> WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Loved this company. I rfecomend it to anyone.
Was A Great Company. Now An Island of Lost Dreams.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), South Brunswick, NJApril 9, 2013
Pros: learn a lot of programs.
Cons: as people quit/are fired their responsibilities become yours without new titles or pay increase.
Workers are left without a clear understanding of management's future goals.
Fun and innovative place to work
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee), South Brunswick, NJMarch 22, 2012
Pros: lots of autonomy
Cons: no work life balance
fun and innovative team members makes the experience great. Lots of autonomy and management support.
Great company with terrific people.
Insurance Manager (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 21, 2012
Pros: the great product and people, very good benefits, etc.
Proudly worked for this venerable publisher. Terrific management and fellow employees. Allowed much independence in performing job.
Collegiate and Fun
Global Sales & Multi Media Director (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great infrastructure and support
Cons: risk adverse
Dow Jones (Europe) was a progressive company, with great products and people.

I felt the business would have been more innovative and faster-paced had it not been run quite so much from the center (New York).

Employees were valued and treated fairly, with lots of opportunity for promotion, to work across different product areas and to work in different geographies.
Comfortable like a startup but with Resources to move forward
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 10, 2013
I supported 5 executives with calendar mgt, travel and expenses. The culture was very open door and room for growth.
Until the very late 1980's, a top-notch company to work for in every respect.
Technical Training Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 27, 2012
Pros: great management that knew how to set an example, demand excellence without being overbearing, and be concerned with the all-around health of their personnel.
Cons: needed reorganization to compete effectively in the coming decade.
This was a company with a very strong engineering and technical support base, and a concern for being on the top of the list of great companies to work for. Many of the people on technical support staffs were technicians, programmers, and engineers. Great talent all around.
Productive and fun working environment with snack bar
Client Service Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2013
ŸI took a leader role in seven internal consulting projects including retention-solutions and operations, competitive analysis, new
product roll out process and wiki migration; coordinate closely with technology, marketing, and sales departments

ŸI delivered well-received recommendation-based presentations company wide; compiled a 20-page social media report

ŸI designed a digital app to track Wall Street Journal delivery and offer solutions, estimated to reduce cancellation rate by 5%
Fast Paced Corporate Job
Account Executive (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 13, 2013
Pros: telecommuting, unsupervised
Cons: long hours, philosophy changed alot
As an Account Executive I learned how to multi-task with multiple clients.
Very nice perks
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: very good gym classes onsite, generous pto, large cafeteria
Cons: frequent management changes
Company has very nice perks like generous vacation time, good insurance and gym onsite. Currently there has been a lot of changes within the compnay itself and the parent company. A lot of changes in management and initiatives which resulted in a lot of restructuring. While it is a great company, it is very unstable at the moment.
Very poor management, complete lack of business ethic and culture
Research (Former Employee), LondonDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free bananas
Cons: a lot, doesn´t have time to explore deeper.
This company doesn´t keep talent. If you are hard working professional, committed to perform this is not your place to work. If you like to chill around, gossiping and stuff ... then go ahead. The decisions come from US and often very inconsistent, and of course, people doesn´t count. Over 10 years + this was potentially the worst work experience. Managers lie and hide relevant decisions that affect directly people. The HR is incompetent and lacks transparency. Be aware!
Credit Evaluation and Collection Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good compensation packages/name recognition
Cons: depending on the job, the time required can be exsorbitant
Dow Jones is in the front of the industry in providing quality news that can be trusted. It is a dynamic place to work, where one can benefit from experience in a wide variety of fields.
Digital Sales Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
typical day is dealing with RFPs building media plans. Working with ad ops and rev ops to ensure everything runs smoothly. nice colleagues, learn a lot. great environment!
Headquarters