Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Good first job after college but no real career advancement.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 January 2014
A good job after college to get your toes wet in the financial services industry. My coworkers in the department are those who finished school within the last four years and therefore I was able relate to them. My direct managers were very helpful. However, being able to advance your career in the department and the company is hard to do; it will take you awhile to get anywhere and the pay is low relative to the job responsibilities. Thus, turnover is high in my department and I don't know if changes will be made anytime soon to combat this issue.
Pros
Free breakfast snacks on Mondays & Fridays, flexible hours & good work/life balance.
Cons
No career advancement, pay is low relative to job responsibilities, pay is low compared to average research associate salary & high turnover.
Well recognized company with great benefits
Account Executive - Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL23 April 2012
There is definitely a set culture in various departments. Although working out of the box is always encouraged but it's never approved unless it meets the culture of management. Benefits are great but compensation not competitive. Difficult to advance. Not much promoting from within although qualified individuals exist.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
monetary compensation
Great Company and People
IT-Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJ2 May 2016
Dow Jones is an outstanding publishing company to work for with impressive teams that are both professional and knowledgeable to work with across the company.
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ1 March 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Great company culture and work/life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 July 2012
I love that I was able to evolve my role within the company. This gave me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. The entire management team was very approachable and treated all of the employees on the same level, which made it very easy to interact. There were definitely many challenges within my role but the team work within our department allowed me to get through all of the challenges and learn from them.
Pros
atmosphere/environment, great benefits
Cons
difficult to move between departments
Corporate work environment, nice office space in DT SF
Associate, Content & Data Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 August 2015
Great company to start your career but don't spend more then 2 years. No growth opportunities but provide skills training helpful at a new company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth
A Good Experience, But Not A Complete One
Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJ24 May 2014
A fine company, but not one I'd recommend if you want strategic engagement in the work one does.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, work/life balance
Cons
Leadership, strategic engagement, culture, communication
Good job security and advancement
Assistant Supervisor - WSJ/Barron's Corporate (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ12 August 2013
The new vision at Dow Jones is inspiring. I work daily with many departments to make the company better. The benefits are great. Managers are always helpful. Internal promotions are encouraged. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to coach and train my team. I also enjoy working on Product development teams to make Dow Jones' vision successfully.
Productive and nice work place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  London5 January 2016
Raising Invoices
Sending invoices out via crystal reports
Refunds and credit notes
Self management
Running WIP Report
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GA12 October 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
Productive and Fun to Work
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ27 February 2016
Great place to work with balancing your life. Friendly co-workers, exposure to work on newer technology, such as amazon web services, no-sql db such as Mark Logic.
Pros
friendly environment, learned latest technology
Cons
union for technical professionals
As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 March 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York13 April 2015
It is a great place to work with plenty of career advancement if you search for it.

The office is ok - its not that cool.

The culture here is really good, we all go out for drinks all the time and hangout outside of work.
Disappointing
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY13 July 2013
Although salary was based on a 35 hour work week, I was expected to work 10 hours most days and pretty consistently over weekends, especially after some co-workers were let go. When a medical condition prevented me from working 12 hour days, I was also let go.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job security with constant reorganizations
not as good as it was when I first started
Princeton, NJ-Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Princeton/So Brunswick, NJ25 January 2013
Management didn't follow through on training issues.
Co-workers were easy to work with and to learn from and to teach.
Hardest part of my job was getting management to be effectual.
Most enjoyable part was working with others to solve problems.
Pros
parking ease
Cons
politics
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA26 February 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Was A Great Company. Now An Island of Lost Dreams.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick, NJ9 April 2013
Workers are left without a clear understanding of management's future goals.
Pros
learn a lot of programs.
Cons
as people quit/are fired their responsibilities become yours without new titles or pay increase.
The best of all Companies I worked for it was so Great! Ilove their Conservative attitude, Tradition, Prestige, Honor
Staff Accountant-General Accounting Department (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ24 June 2014
Working for Dow Jones was one of the best things that happened in my lifwe. I learned so much its incredible. They taught me how to think on my feet as if I was an army of one. You were on your own but there was mentors. I just loved it so much. every day was new and exciting. you would not know what was coming so you had to be ready for anything. one thing that stands out the most is time management. I learned how to use my time wisely. time is golden. like forest Gump said: Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get! this is what describes this company. The Wall Street Culture. I would like to thank all those indviduals who picked me to work for Dow Jones after Graduating from Saint Peter's University. THere were many candidates from my school and others including IVY Leage schools. I was so Happy: I thank you all for the opportunity that was given to me. THats why I would like to give others opportunity to work for my company. Espinal Business DServices, L.L..C. I learned the fundamentals of the stock market, and how they pick the 10 bluechip stocks for the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE> WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Loved this company. I rfecomend it to anyone.
Pros
The Best of the Wall Street Companies
Cons
was in Princeton New Jersey, it would take 1 hr w/o traffic to get there and back from home in Union Cityi
Fun and innovative place to work
Program Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  South Brunswick, NJ22 March 2012
fun and innovative team members makes the experience great. Lots of autonomy and management support.
Pros
lots of autonomy
Cons
no work life balance
Great company with terrific people.
Insurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ21 March 2012
Proudly worked for this venerable publisher. Terrific management and fellow employees. Allowed much independence in performing job.
Pros
the great product and people, very good benefits, etc.