Dow Jones Employee Reviews

As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 March 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ1 March 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GA12 October 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA26 February 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Great company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 January 2016
The group that I worked with was full of very smart and creative people with great ideas of how to push forward our product grouping.
Productive and nice work place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  London5 January 2016
Raising Invoices
Sending invoices out via crystal reports
Refunds and credit notes
Self management
Running WIP Report
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Freelance Digital Video Shooter (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 November 2015
My experience with the people at Dow Jones is and has been incredible. They have energy and ideas that are unmeasurable. The work I have done for them has been some of the best yet.
Productive & warming enviornment
Corporate Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York2 October 2015
typical day is monitoring CCTV cameras and phone calls, emails and handling employee/guest related issues.
Meeting high profile individual and celebrities
Pros
Meeting high profile individuals
Cons
n/a
One of the best companies to work for in NJ
Company's net sales are approximately (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ25 August 2015
Dow Jones was a real classy business with some nice opportunities. Like the financial environment in the department as well as the professional reporters in New York.
Pros
Good core company
Cons
More job opportunities in Finance
Spent 37 years with Dow Jones
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA15 May 2015
U began as a Customer Service Rep dealing directly with people either through the telephone or written correspondence. I then was moved to systems development geared toward Customer Service. I developed their Geographic Information System which is still in use to this day.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Not necessarily a "con" but intense travel for the last 18 years there.
Qa Engineer ,Scrum Master
RSG Media Pvt Ltd (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon,India3 April 2015
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY

• Performed Environmental testing and daily status reporting.
• Developed test case for testing the application and executing the same.
• Testing GUI and functionality of the application using multiple browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,7.0 and 8.0,Mozilla Firefox, and Safari and interpret positive and negative results.
• Worked with developers, users and business analyst to ensure the system works according to the original design.
• Interact directly with Developers and clients to get updates and resolve defects.
Corporate work environment, nice office space in DT SF
Associate, Content & Data Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 August 2015
Great company to start your career but don't spend more then 2 years. No growth opportunities but provide skills training helpful at a new company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth
Dow Jones
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ7 September 2015
Do more with less. A very challenging work environment and heavy work load at time. Friendly work environment. There were a lot of hardware and system to learn and support.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Low pay
Very poor management, complete lack of business ethic and culture
Research (Former Employee) –  London2 December 2014
This company doesn´t keep talent. If you are hard working professional, committed to perform this is not your place to work. If you like to chill around, gossiping and stuff ... then go ahead. The decisions come from US and often very inconsistent, and of course, people doesn´t count. Over 10 years + this was potentially the worst work experience. Managers lie and hide relevant decisions that affect directly people. The HR is incompetent and lacks transparency. Be aware!
Pros
free bananas
Cons
A lot, doesn´t have time to explore deeper.
Collegiate and Fun
Global Sales & Multi Media Director (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 September 2014
Dow Jones (Europe) was a progressive company, with great products and people.

I felt the business would have been more innovative and faster-paced had it not been run quite so much from the center (New York).

Employees were valued and treated fairly, with lots of opportunity for promotion, to work across different product areas and to work in different geographies.
Pros
Great infrastructure and support
Cons
Risk adverse
Productive and fun working environment with snack bar
Client Service Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NY25 September 2013
ŸI took a leader role in seven internal consulting projects including retention-solutions and operations, competitive analysis, new
product roll out process and wiki migration; coordinate closely with technology, marketing, and sales departments

ŸI delivered well-received recommendation-based presentations company wide; compiled a 20-page social media report

ŸI designed a digital app to track Wall Street Journal delivery and offer solutions, estimated to reduce cancellation rate by 5%
My managers were very nice. The people I worked with were all very helpful.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ12 July 2012
I really liked working at Dow Jones. The location was perfect so I didn't have to deal with traffic. The work I did was something different from what I'd been doing but, I was trained well and it was easy to learn.
Pros
nice co-workers. no one looking over my shoulder. there was always someone to go to, where any questions were answered.
Cons
i wasn't there long enough. there was a huge restructure of employees.
Great company culture and work/life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY10 July 2012
I love that I was able to evolve my role within the company. This gave me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. The entire management team was very approachable and treated all of the employees on the same level, which made it very easy to interact. There were definitely many challenges within my role but the team work within our department allowed me to get through all of the challenges and learn from them.
Pros
atmosphere/environment, great benefits
Cons
difficult to move between departments
As Advertising Sales Coordinator in an exciting field as publishing, was able to acquire a high respect for all the "behind the scenes" work.
Advertising Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA3 April 2012
During my 18 years of employment at Dow Jones & Co./The Wall Street Journal, I enjoyed learning every aspect of the publishing trade. From the concept of ad creation to seeing the final product in print. I enjoyed working with a great team both internal as well as external and come together to assure great customer service.
Until the very late 1980's, a top-notch company to work for in every respect.
Technical Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ27 July 2012
This was a company with a very strong engineering and technical support base, and a concern for being on the top of the list of great companies to work for. Many of the people on technical support staffs were technicians, programmers, and engineers. Great talent all around.
Pros
great management that knew how to set an example, demand excellence without being overbearing, and be concerned with the all-around health of their personnel.
Cons
needed reorganization to compete effectively in the coming decade.