Dow Jones Employee Reviews

heallthy environment at work place
User Interface Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 July 2016
management was conscious in all ways, never let employees down
co-workers are so competitive and friendly
benifits given by this company is most attractive part
Very fun but professional workplace dealing with lots of real world applicable information
Data Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ21 June 2016
I learned all about time management and how if you are working constantly, you will never fall behind but will stay ahead on tasks. I also came to learn that its always worth asking for help if needed because the teamwork atmosphere stimulates success among members,
Pros
Great Experience
Awesome work place
PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick Terrace, NJ20 June 2016
Loved working here. Great work culture and huge implementation. Lot of scope to learn and grow. All in all a very good place to work!
Great people, many management changes
Account Manager/Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 June 2016
I enjoyed the environment at Dow Jones, however the constant changing of the managers was very hard on the workers. It would seem that they are trying to make up for lost time with the prior CEO.
Pros
Great people, good products
Cons
Management, behind on technology
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Production Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MA9 June 2016
I have worked at Dow Jones since 1992. I began as a part time customer service telephone representative taking calls from customers of the Wall Street Journal. The training for this position was intense and lasted 8 weeks. Dow Jones expects the highest level of customer service to their customers. I am proud to say I was a consistent high-performing CSR based on the grades I received on my calls by the monitoring group. I learned a great deal about how to handle customers at that job...how to listen, offer a resolution and keep the customer satisfied.

I wanted to become full-time at Dow Jones and was hired in 1998 in the position of Production Manager Assisant and have been at that job ever since. I have a great boss who is very smart, very fair, respects his employees and sets a great example for our whole department. I have worked at Dow Jones for 24 years and plan to retire from there.
Productive and flebile environment
Private Markets Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London4 May 2016
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression
Great learning opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey3 May 2016
There are a lot of opportunities to learn and build a career. The company provides sufficient training and educational opportunities to enhance or learn new skills.
Great Company and People
IT-Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJ2 May 2016
Dow Jones is an outstanding publishing company to work for with impressive teams that are both professional and knowledgeable to work with across the company.
As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 March 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
Customer Service Group
Data Reporting Analyst, Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ6 March 2016
One of the worst company I ever worked for. The managers are too young , too arrogant and are micromanaging the staff.

I worked in Customer Services. The space accommodated 132 desks and the atmosphere is oppressive to say the least. Everyone is watching everyone else. It is like a factory floor and the top managers are also there watching you.

Plus the salary is dismissal.

If you are over 45 do not apply there. It is humiliated to work with a manager less than 30 years old when you are over 45 particularly is you are dealing with someone who is arrogant and condescending. Truly one of the most painful experience I had working in a corporation.

Want to know more about Dow Jones?

Ask a question
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ1 March 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Productive and Fun to Work
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ27 February 2016
Great place to work with balancing your life. Friendly co-workers, exposure to work on newer technology, such as amazon web services, no-sql db such as Mark Logic.
Pros
friendly environment, learned latest technology
Cons
union for technical professionals
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA26 February 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Great company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NY18 January 2016
The group that I worked with was full of very smart and creative people with great ideas of how to push forward our product grouping.
Productive and nice work place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  London5 January 2016
Raising Invoices
Sending invoices out via crystal reports
Refunds and credit notes
Self management
Running WIP Report
provides excellent work-life balance
Research Editor (Current Employee) –  Barcelona, Spain8 December 2015
Pros:
nice people, good facilities, smart business

Cons:
Low salaries, no room for career growth,
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Freelance Digital Video Shooter (Current Employee) –  New York, NY3 November 2015
My experience with the people at Dow Jones is and has been incredible. They have energy and ideas that are unmeasurable. The work I have done for them has been some of the best yet.
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GA12 October 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
Productive & warming enviornment
Corporate Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York2 October 2015
typical day is monitoring CCTV cameras and phone calls, emails and handling employee/guest related issues.
Meeting high profile individual and celebrities
Pros
Meeting high profile individuals
Cons
n/a
Dow Jones
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ7 September 2015
Do more with less. A very challenging work environment and heavy work load at time. Friendly work environment. There were a lot of hardware and system to learn and support.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.