Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Customer Service Group
Data Reporting Analyst, Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 6, 2016
One of the worst company I ever worked for. The managers are too young , too arrogant and are micromanaging the staff.

I worked in Customer Services. The space accommodated 132 desks and the atmosphere is oppressive to say the least. Everyone is watching everyone else. It is like a factory floor and the top managers are also there watching you.

Plus the salary is dismissal.

If you are over 45 do not apply there. It is humiliated to work with a manager less than 30 years old when you are over 45 particularly is you are dealing with someone who is arrogant and condescending. Truly one of the most painful experience I had working in a corporation.
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 12, 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
Spent 37 years with Dow Jones
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMay 15, 2015
U began as a Customer Service Rep dealing directly with people either through the telephone or written correspondence. I then was moved to systems development geared toward Customer Service. I developed their Geographic Information System which is still in use to this day.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Not necessarily a "con" but intense travel for the last 18 years there.
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 1, 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Productive and Fun to Work
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work with balancing your life. Friendly co-workers, exposure to work on newer technology, such as amazon web services, no-sql db such as Mark Logic.
Pros
friendly environment, learned latest technology
Cons
union for technical professionals
Productive and flebile environment
Private Markets Research Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression
Great Company and People
IT-Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMay 2, 2016
Dow Jones is an outstanding publishing company to work for with impressive teams that are both professional and knowledgeable to work with across the company.
Productive and nice work place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 5, 2016
Raising Invoices
Sending invoices out via crystal reports
Refunds and credit notes
Self management
Running WIP Report
Good first job after college but no real career advancement.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2014
A good job after college to get your toes wet in the financial services industry. My coworkers in the department are those who finished school within the last four years and therefore I was able relate to them. My direct managers were very helpful. However, being able to advance your career in the department and the company is hard to do; it will take you awhile to get anywhere and the pay is low relative to the job responsibilities. Thus, turnover is high in my department and I don't know if changes will be made anytime soon to combat this issue.
Pros
free breakfast snacks on mondays & fridays, flexible hours & good work/life balance.
Cons
no career advancement, pay is low relative to job responsibilities, pay is low compared to average research associate salary & high turnover.
It's alrigt
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
The pros of the job were the benefits and time off. Some of my co-workers in my dept who have been there for a while are great.
As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
Corporate work environment, nice office space in DT SF
Associate, Content & Data Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2015
Great company to start your career but don't spend more then 2 years. No growth opportunities but provide skills training helpful at a new company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 26, 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Great company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
The group that I worked with was full of very smart and creative people with great ideas of how to push forward our product grouping.
Great company culture and work/life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2012
I love that I was able to evolve my role within the company. This gave me a sense of purpose and accomplishment. The entire management team was very approachable and treated all of the employees on the same level, which made it very easy to interact. There were definitely many challenges within my role but the team work within our department allowed me to get through all of the challenges and learn from them.
Pros
atmosphere/environment, great benefits
Cons
difficult to move between departments
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Freelance Digital Video Shooter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
My experience with the people at Dow Jones is and has been incredible. They have energy and ideas that are unmeasurable. The work I have done for them has been some of the best yet.
Well recognized company with great benefits
Account Executive - Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 23, 2012
There is definitely a set culture in various departments. Although working out of the box is always encouraged but it's never approved unless it meets the culture of management. Benefits are great but compensation not competitive. Difficult to advance. Not much promoting from within although qualified individuals exist.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
monetary compensation
Good job security and advancement
Assistant Supervisor - WSJ/Barron's Corporate (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJAugust 12, 2013
The new vision at Dow Jones is inspiring. I work daily with many departments to make the company better. The benefits are great. Managers are always helpful. Internal promotions are encouraged. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to coach and train my team. I also enjoy working on Product development teams to make Dow Jones' vision successfully.
Productive & warming enviornment
Corporate Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 2, 2015
typical day is monitoring CCTV cameras and phone calls, emails and handling employee/guest related issues.
Meeting high profile individual and celebrities
Pros
Meeting high profile individuals
Cons
n/a
One of the best companies to work for in NJ
Company's net sales are approximately (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 25, 2015
Dow Jones was a real classy business with some nice opportunities. Like the financial environment in the department as well as the professional reporters in New York.
Pros
Good core company
Cons
More job opportunities in Finance