Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Very nice place. Very friendly people
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY11 December 2017
Dow Jones was a great place to work. A day at work was always nice. The people were friendly. We had fun while working hard to accomplish goals. Managers were always on top of things and pushing you to work hard, but never micro managing. The hardest was at the end of the year getting out the mass mailing, but fun because we had so many partners that were satisfied with the service we were giving them. If not for the out sourcing of my duties, I'd still be there.
Pros
Working for a growing company.
Cons
None applicable
Fast paced, but fun, lots of energy in an environment of intelligent people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ18 November 2017
At Dow Jones Indexes, we started as a Domestic Business Unit, but eventually moved to become Dow Jones Global Indexes, that meant our sales team grew, as well as my knowledge of various cultures (England, France, Spain, China, Germany, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong and Japan). We created offices in each of these countries. This meant that I brought work home at night so I had a home office where I could work remotely, which was good for the company.
Pros
Learned to build a brand, A start-up, A new revenue unit within a large corporation
Cons
long hours, without overtime
Fantastic Corporate Structure
Executive Assistant/Profiles Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NY6 November 2017
The best experience ever! The executive officers are the best in the industry. Supportive management with an astounding employee staff. It is very surprising when an employee wants to leave the Dow Jones corporate structure. The company offers a great return policy for some employees.
Pros
Great for employees with families!
Cons
Sorry guys, I worked for a great team.
nice people
Online Editor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2017
good atmosphere - workflow fine - all good yes very nice all nice easy job - not demanding - cultured folk and all that and all the rest of that and stuff yes
Worst Experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ30 September 2017
Worst management ever. You need to know people in order to advance. There is a lot of favoritism. There is not room to grow within the company. Management only knows how to tell you what is being done wrong but never a solution to the problem. Huge in micromanaging. Not a very friendly environment.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
No room for growth, micromanage, stressful
Nice place to work
Institutional Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 September 2017
Dow Jones went through a transition when I was there. I came in with a new CEO who was asked to leave within 2 years. As he was fired so were the people he brought in.
Legacy Mindset
Manager of Product Development (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ16 August 2017
Many of the IT Leaders struggle with change. Each new product and project required many hours of negotiations to make change. Often, leaders delayed
Fantastic employer
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ13 August 2017
Great environment, benefits, competitive pay. Dow Jones is a fantastic firm for employees providing an exciting learning experience and room for growth.
Pros
Compensation
Excellent Environment / Subject to Layoffs
Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ29 July 2017
Highly reputable firm, excellent work environment. Easy to feel at home. Princeton campus is beautiful. Good CTO.
Catch: advertising revenue keeps going down resulting in periodic layoffs.
Pros
campus, cafeteria, work life balance
Cons
periodic layoffs
Société très motivante et remunerative
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)21 July 2017
Comme tous les groups du marché de l'information financière, Dow Jones se retrouve avec l'exigence de devoir rénové sa structure en la dynamisant, sans pourtant attaquer les aspects positifs qui garantissent une vitesse de croisière. Essayer d'innover dans un tel dinosaure est particulièrement difficile. Cependant, l'équipe Française a toujours réussi à motiver ses employés et garder une bonne ambiance de travail.
Pros
salaire et experience
Cons
management global
Productive competitive sophisticated energetic
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA12 July 2017
Challenging environment. State of the arts technically . Intellectual culture . Innovative management style. Dynamic environment. Pay
commensurate with experience and productivity
Pros
Great benefits Mentally stimulating
Cons
Management vs union
If you like cubicles...
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ10 July 2017
Just put your head down and work. Management lies and makes you feel as if you and your team are secure but in reality they lay off 2500 people the next week. Careful
Pretty decent job
Customer support associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ21 June 2017
 Provided high-level telephone and e-support on Dow Jones suite of products and services by answering our global customer queries concerning billing/account administration, pricing, content, product navigation, and delivery.
 Retained Dow Jones customers and increased customer loyalty while projecting a professional, efficient and positive approach.
 Ensured all opportunities for retention and cross-selling are identified and maximized.
 Responded to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer's understanding of information and answer.
Challenging & full of creativity & fun
National Layout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ20 June 2017
Challenging & full of creativity. I have improved many skills thru media as using Photoshop , Acrobat , In design. great opportunity working with Wonderful talented people.
my hardest part of my job was my Commuting , Driving 65 miles one side was taking my enough energy.
But after reaching there was most fun and forgetting all stress from commute.
Pros
flexible timings
Accounts Receivable
AR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJ15 June 2017
Overall great company, prestigious with great benefits. I worked in AR for over two years. It's a one-man-show run by an arrogant supervisor with a very dependant manager. The AR Analyst position is always open. AR is the Department with the highest employee turnover due to the lack of communication. Just have an open mindset, learn quick, grab the experience and move, more possibly to other companies, current manager not good with recommandations.
Enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ13 June 2017
Dow Jones is a great place to work. I learned a lot from training seminars and from my peers. Everyone is willing to teach you something new if you are eager to learn.
Great company great environment
Metrics Analyst, Global Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ2 June 2017
Fast-paced, challenging, and a wide range of benefits. Great teams to work with, management does their best to provide a fun and productive environment
Was great until the merger...
Associate Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ16 May 2017
Worked for great people -- smart, ethical, appreciative, team players. Company reputation was also terrific and they supported the employees, but then there was a merger and they started to get rid of people, so things changed. The culture is very different now; management seems more focused on creating a cost-effective conglomerate than having top-notch talent and content. There are also less checks and balances to protect employees from injustices -- conglomerate leadership is not exactly known as an ethical or inspirational model of leadership.
Pros
Still a company name that gets respect in its field
Cons
Corporate penny-pinching conglomerate culture
it was a productive company that had alot of challeging tasks
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ26 April 2017
I had the responsibility of creating network accounts for every new hired employee for the company worldwide. Grant access to network database files where needed and also granted dial-in access. Removed disabled employee access and accounts. I work with a small team of five who were responsible for entire company. Enjoyed working with the team as we all had a very good working relationship.
Pros
very good atmosphere to work in
Cons
irrate and very impatient people
A place to be to work on the latest and most happening tech
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ9 April 2017
A very engaging and supportive work place, with lot of new technologies floating around , energetic group of people with the drive to be better than yesterday each day.
Pros
Spacious work place and flexible timings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.