A very friendly place to work at and great team spirit.
Pros: it was far easier to take annual leave.
Cons: there was no in-house canteen.
1994-2002 BRIDGE INFORMATION SYSTEMS/DOW JONES TELEPHONIST/RECEPTIONIST
• Maintained the reception area to a very high standard
• Answered a very busy computerised switchboard. The main type of calls I took were to accounts payable, and we had two different departments which dealt with incoming and outgoing invoices. We also had a marketing department, which dealt with marketing their own workstations
• Updated information on the computerised switchboard and made sure all the correct fields were filled in, and double checked the information was correct
• Signed for documentation and ensured deliveries were received promptly
• Booked conference rooms via a computerised system and arranged catering.
• Dealt with employment agencies as and when temporary staff were required
• Compiled instructions on how to use the Lucent Switchboard and trained
temporary staff for our reception area
• Processed cost coding/checking invoices for couriers and taxis
• Dealt with the overflow of administration work from the Facilities Manager that involved some copy typing, and checking and reconciling invoices.