Dow Jones

Dow Jones Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Network technician.
network technician (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 22, 2014
Got lots of good training and experience, but didn't care for constantly changing shifts.
A rewarding, skillful environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 13, 2014
The atmosphere was pleasant, serene yet full of productive employees working in teams to accomplish a common goal.

I worked closely with the office manager and directors within my department. My duties included word processing, daily office operations; setting up reservations and corporate meetings and welcoming guests. The hardest part of the job – more... was leaving work at the end of the day when there was still work to be completed. I felt I have contributed to the company by delivering my best work on time each day.

Working at Dow Jones I've gained a high level of professionalism, effective communication skills both verbal and written and tremendous respect for the hard work contributed each day. – less
Good Place to Work
News Assistant II (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 11, 2014
It was an interesting place to work. Learning about the stock market was good. The people there were good to work with. The managenment at that time was very supportive.
Dog eat dog environment plenty of low skilled people
Account Executive (Former Employee), LondonMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free snacks/fruit/ good location
Cons: lack of internal communication, lack of work ethic, lack of good equipments, lack of good management
All based in sales and profits, dot eat dog environment, lack of good skill and real good employees, managers have no idea about what direction to take, progression take ages, equipments are outdated, it's a bit like a High School for people with the brain screwed.
Conducted data analysis working on their Factiva Database
Research Intern (Former Employee), London, UKFebruary 28, 2014
As a research intern, I was on a team with other interns, where we analyzed the entries in the Factiva Database an edited them to allow the database to run smoother. Additionally I worked briefly on the Connotate Database, where I worked on a social media platform.
Enjoyed working for Dow Jones
Application Developer/Architect Consultant (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 15, 2014
Most days at work were a mix of troubleshooting and development unless I was on a project with an immediate deadline. Overall I enjoyed working at Dow Jones. It was a good group of people to work with.
Credit Evaluation and Collection Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good compensation packages/name recognition
Cons: depending on the job, the time required can be exsorbitant
Dow Jones is in the front of the industry in providing quality news that can be trusted. It is a dynamic place to work, where one can benefit from experience in a wide variety of fields.
Good first job after college but no real career advancement.
Research Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free breakfast snacks on mondays & fridays, flexible hours & good work/life balance.
Cons: no career advancement, pay is low relative to job responsibilities, pay is low compared to average research associate salary & high turnover.
A good job after college to get your toes wet in the financial services industry. My coworkers in the department are those who finished school within the last four years and therefore I was able relate to them. My direct managers were very helpful. However, being able to advance your career in the department and the company is hard to do; it will take – more... you awhile to get anywhere and the pay is low relative to the job responsibilities. Thus, turnover is high in my department and I don't know if changes will be made anytime soon to combat this issue. – less
Brief Review of Dow Jones
MAJOR ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free subscription to the wsj, great benefits, laid back environment
Cons: lots of turnover from what i could see.
Great organizaion, but not the ideal position within the company.
Comfortable like a startup but with Resources to move forward
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 10, 2013
I supported 5 executives with calendar mgt, travel and expenses. The culture was very open door and room for growth.
Prestigious company
Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 5, 2013
Pros: free wall street journal, free courses, free education
This is an excellent company to work with. Great and rich environment promoting knowledge and development among employees
Very nice perks
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: very good gym classes onsite, generous pto, large cafeteria
Cons: frequent management changes
Company has very nice perks like generous vacation time, good insurance and gym onsite. Currently there has been a lot of changes within the compnay itself and the parent company. A lot of changes in management and initiatives which resulted in a lot of restructuring. While it is a great company, it is very unstable at the moment.
Productive and fun working environment with snack bar
Client Service Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2013
ŸI took a leader role in seven internal consulting projects including retention-solutions and operations, competitive analysis, new
product roll out process and wiki migration; coordinate closely with technology, marketing, and sales departments

ŸI delivered well-received recommendation-based presentations company wide; compiled a 20-page social media – more... report

ŸI designed a digital app to track Wall Street Journal delivery and offer solutions, estimated to reduce cancellation rate by 5% – less
Great Stepping Stone into the Real World
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Chicopee, MASeptember 17, 2013
Very supportive and helpful group of people to work for. I enjoyed my job.
Solid Company but slightly directionless
Product Development Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 16, 2013
Because it's Dow Jones, there's a lot of opportunity but leadership was still kind of directionless on how to grow their marketshare with such a disparate product offering.
Nice place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: good benefit
Cons: not good pay
it's nice place to work with good benefits but lees money and that is it.
Application Architect
Application Architect (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 15, 2013
Responsible for estimating the size of the project and then developing web portals and deploying them into hosted environment, handled many projects during my tenure with Dow Jones and also participated in maintenance activity of good number of projects. As part of my day to day activity interacted and built solutions for fortune 500 companies including – more... not limited to IBM, HP, Sanofi, Apple, MetLife, Morgan Stanley etc. – less
Good job security and advancement
Assistant Supervisor - WSJ/Barron's Corporate (Current Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJAugust 12, 2013
The new vision at Dow Jones is inspiring. I work daily with many departments to make the company better. The benefits are great. Managers are always helpful. Internal promotions are encouraged. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to coach and train my team. I also enjoy working on Product development teams to make Dow Jones' vision successfully.
Always room for advancement
Executive Assistant to Head of Data Strategy (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 9, 2013
Loved the ability to be able to interact with all levels of the workplace.
Good work experience.
Intern (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 6, 2013
For my week I was there I was kept busy and was made to feel welcome within the company.

1 2 3

About Dow Jones

This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information – Read more