Dow Jones

Dow Jones Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Diverse work environment
Customer Solutions Executive (Current Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJDecember 15, 2014
Everyday is different and you must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Very poor management, complete lack of business ethic and culture
Research (Former Employee), LondonDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free bananas
Cons: a lot, doesn´t have time to explore deeper.
This company doesn´t keep talent. If you are hard working professional, committed to perform this is not your place to work. If you like to chill around, gossiping and stuff ... then go ahead. The decisions come from US and often very inconsistent, and of course, people doesn´t count. Over 10 years + this was potentially the worst work experience. Managers – more... lie and hide relevant decisions that affect directly people. The HR is incompetent and lacks transparency. Be aware! – less
Great Career Based Company
Delivery Field Operations/Clerical (Supervisor) (Current Employee), South Brunswick NJNovember 3, 2014
Great play to grow and treat workers great.

This is a great place for advancement if you are hardworking and determined
Productive and good work environment
Manager, Client Support (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 29, 2014
My work experience at Dow Jones help me grow as a person and taught me many valuable lessons. I had an opportunity to work with many different teams and clients. I also built great friendship with my coworkers.
Collegiate and Fun
Global Sales & Multi Media Director (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great infrastructure and support
Cons: risk adverse
Dow Jones (Europe) was a progressive company, with great products and people.

I felt the business would have been more innovative and faster-paced had it not been run quite so much from the center (New York).

Employees were valued and treated fairly, with lots of opportunity for promotion, to work across different product areas and to work in different – more... geographies. – less
Contract Position
ATS Implementation Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee), Princeton, New Jersey & NYCAugust 18, 2014
Implemented iCIMS on time, meeting the DJ business requirements.
na
Financial Planning - Enterprise Sales Operations (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 4, 2014
worked as a consultant for a short period of time but experience was great.
nice group of people to work with.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2014
Working at Dow Jones has taught me to lead with confidence. I took this job knowing that it would be a great opportunity for growth and being apart of this leading news organization has been just that.
Great place to work. Employees worked together . We were like family
building maintenance (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good healthcare benefits, vacation and sick benefits. 401k
Cons: no schedule breaks
We knew what our assignments were. Got the job done. I learned a lot about the printing business as well as my job title "building maintenance"
The best of all Companies I worked for it was so Great! Ilove their Conservative attitude, Tradition, Prestige, Honor
Staff Accountant-General Accounting Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: the best of the wall street companies
Cons: was in princeton new jersey, it would take 1 hr w/o traffic to get there and back from home in union cityi
Working for Dow Jones was one of the best things that happened in my lifwe. I learned so much its incredible. They taught me how to think on my feet as if I was an army of one. You were on your own but there was mentors. I just loved it so much. every day was new and exciting. you would not know what was coming so you had to be ready for anything. one – more... thing that stands out the most is time management. I learned how to use my time wisely. time is golden. like forest Gump said: Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get! this is what describes this company. The Wall Street Culture. I would like to thank all those indviduals who picked me to work for Dow Jones after Graduating from Saint Peter's University. THere were many candidates from my school and others including IVY Leage schools. I was so Happy: I thank you all for the opportunity that was given to me. THats why I would like to give others opportunity to work for my company. Espinal Business DServices, L.L..C. I learned the fundamentals of the stock market, and how they pick the 10 bluechip stocks for the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE> WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Loved this company. I rfecomend it to anyone. – less
A Good Experience, But Not A Complete One
Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, work/life balance
Cons: leadership, strategic engagement, culture, communication
A fine company, but not one I'd recommend if you want strategic engagement in the work one does.
Productive work place, relaxed culture
Sale Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2014
Slow to promote top performers and slow bureaucratic processes. Great management. Great opportunity to learn financial industry.
Lead Clerk/Supervisor, February (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMay 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A mice environment to work, a very non-social environment. More work then play. Learned to be a better leader and supervise other employees. The most enjoyable thing of the job was closing.
Great place to design allowing your work to be published globally for all media/print/digital
ART DIRECTOR, CONSUMER MEDIA GROUP (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Provider of newspapers, newswires, websites, apps, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences and more, with premier brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, WSJMoney, and WSJD.
Great place for growth
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Dow Jones is indeed a great place for growth and advancement.
Network technician.
network technician (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 22, 2014
Got lots of good training and experience, but didn't care for constantly changing shifts.
A rewarding, skillful environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 13, 2014
The atmosphere was pleasant, serene yet full of productive employees working in teams to accomplish a common goal.

I worked closely with the office manager and directors within my department. My duties included word processing, daily office operations; setting up reservations and corporate meetings and welcoming guests. The hardest part of the job – more... was leaving work at the end of the day when there was still work to be completed. I felt I have contributed to the company by delivering my best work on time each day.

Working at Dow Jones I've gained a high level of professionalism, effective communication skills both verbal and written and tremendous respect for the hard work contributed each day. – less
Good Place to Work
News Assistant II (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMarch 11, 2014
It was an interesting place to work. Learning about the stock market was good. The people there were good to work with. The managenment at that time was very supportive.
Dog eat dog environment plenty of low skilled people
Account Executive (Former Employee), LondonMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free snacks/fruit/ good location
Cons: lack of internal communication, lack of work ethic, lack of good equipments, lack of good management
All based in sales and profits, dot eat dog environment, lack of good skill and real good employees, managers have no idea about what direction to take, progression take ages, equipments are outdated, it's a bit like a High School for people with the brain screwed.
Conducted data analysis working on their Factiva Database
Research Intern (Former Employee), London, UKFebruary 28, 2014
As a research intern, I was on a team with other interns, where we analyzed the entries in the Factiva Database an edited them to allow the database to run smoother. Additionally I worked briefly on the Connotate Database, where I worked on a social media platform.

1 2 3 4

About Dow Jones

This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information – Read more