Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Very fun but professional workplace dealing with lots of real world applicable information
Data Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 21, 2016
I learned all about time management and how if you are working constantly, you will never fall behind but will stay ahead on tasks. I also came to learn that its always worth asking for help if needed because the teamwork atmosphere stimulates success among members,
Pros
Great Experience
Awesome work place
PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick Terrace, NJJune 20, 2016
Loved working here. Great work culture and huge implementation. Lot of scope to learn and grow. All in all a very good place to work!
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Production Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 9, 2016
I have worked at Dow Jones since 1992. I began as a part time customer service telephone representative taking calls from customers of the Wall Street Journal. The training for this position was intense and lasted 8 weeks. Dow Jones expects the highest level of customer service to their customers. I am proud to say I was a consistent high-performing CSR based on the grades I received on my calls by the monitoring group. I learned a great deal about how to handle customers at that job...how to listen, offer a resolution and keep the customer satisfied.

I wanted to become full-time at Dow Jones and was hired in 1998 in the position of Production Manager Assisant and have been at that job ever since. I have a great boss who is very smart, very fair, respects his employees and sets a great example for our whole department. I have worked at Dow Jones for 24 years and plan to retire from there.
Productive and flebile environment
Private Markets Research Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression
Great Company and People
IT-Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMay 2, 2016
Dow Jones is an outstanding publishing company to work for with impressive teams that are both professional and knowledgeable to work with across the company.
As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
Customer Service Group
Data Reporting Analyst, Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 6, 2016
One of the worst company I ever worked for. The managers are too young , too arrogant and are micromanaging the staff.

I worked in Customer Services. The space accommodated 132 desks and the atmosphere is oppressive to say the least. Everyone is watching everyone else. It is like a factory floor and the top managers are also there watching you.

Plus the salary is dismissal.

If you are over 45 do not apply there. It is humiliated to work with a manager less than 30 years old when you are over 45 particularly is you are dealing with someone who is arrogant and condescending. Truly one of the most painful experience I had working in a corporation.
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 1, 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Productive and Fun to Work
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work with balancing your life. Friendly co-workers, exposure to work on newer technology, such as amazon web services, no-sql db such as Mark Logic.
Pros
friendly environment, learned latest technology
Cons
union for technical professionals
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 26, 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Great company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
The group that I worked with was full of very smart and creative people with great ideas of how to push forward our product grouping.
Productive and nice work place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 5, 2016
Raising Invoices
Sending invoices out via crystal reports
Refunds and credit notes
Self management
Running WIP Report
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Freelance Digital Video Shooter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
My experience with the people at Dow Jones is and has been incredible. They have energy and ideas that are unmeasurable. The work I have done for them has been some of the best yet.
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 12, 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
Productive & warming enviornment
Corporate Security Officer/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 2, 2015
typical day is monitoring CCTV cameras and phone calls, emails and handling employee/guest related issues.
Meeting high profile individual and celebrities
Pros
Meeting high profile individuals
Cons
n/a
Dow Jones
Senior Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 7, 2015
Do more with less. A very challenging work environment and heavy work load at time. Friendly work environment. There were a lot of hardware and system to learn and support.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Low pay
One of the best companies to work for in NJ
Company's net sales are approximately (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 25, 2015
Dow Jones was a real classy business with some nice opportunities. Like the financial environment in the department as well as the professional reporters in New York.
Pros
Good core company
Cons
More job opportunities in Finance
Corporate work environment, nice office space in DT SF
Associate, Content & Data Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2015
Great company to start your career but don't spend more then 2 years. No growth opportunities but provide skills training helpful at a new company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth
Good Company to work for
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 10, 2015
This company has been going through a lot of changes recently. They are still trying to find their way since the old CEO left the company in a less then favorable light.
It's alrigt
Former employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
The pros of the job were the benefits and time off. Some of my co-workers in my dept who have been there for a while are great.