Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Productive, Team work, Fun, Competative
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ10 February 2017
Fun and competitive place to work, Good positive work environment. would highly recommend to others. Very good campus. Creative team
Pros
close by, good campus
Cons
there are no cons to mention
Do it right the first time. Set deadlines and achieved my goals. Have more time to do or learn more things.
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tanjong Pagar22 January 2017
Entertaining guest when there is an event, or guest from overseas and do booking of hotel. Manage day by day, from pantry to office supply.

Learn how to apply EP, SPass and many others immigration information. Print and activate security ID access card for new hire and existing staff.

Good opportunities and promotion.

Environment good!

Carry heavy newspaper and distribute to colleagues, and sometimes magazines too. Opening and closing of door.

Have good and supporting colleagues.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee and drinks.
Cons
Good flexible working hours, and can work from home.
Customer Service
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ11 January 2017
My typical day at work is going in on time starting my day off by reading emails and responding to emails. Listening to voicemails and responding back to the phone calls. I learned how to handle travel services and expense accounting work. I always respected management and did as I was asked. I got along with my co workers and we bounced things off each other. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the cheapest flights for employees that needed to travel for work. I enjoyed my job when I had it but then in 2015 they down sized and I was laid off of my job,
Pros
close to home
Cons
flexible hours, breaks
Good Company to work for
Executive Director Partners and Alliances Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 December 2016
I enjoy my time at Dow Jones. Positive group of people to work for. Good management style and good benefits. Good product to sell into financial markets
Good position for first job out of college.
Research Associate & Social Media Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NY1 December 2016
The position was simple, coworkers were great, and management was available. Great work/life balance - as long as you got your job done you were good to go.
Challenged Business
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA17 November 2016
Amazing sales people with passion and vision. The market isn't the best for them and they will continue to see diminishing returns and face layoffs. Overall it is a good place to learn and the standards are very high.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Limited growth
Interesting/Progressive Company
SENIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER, ASIA PACIFIC (Former Employee) –  HONG KONG, HK13 November 2016
To be fair during the period I was DJ, it was going through massive transformation. Changes were happening faster then anyone within (even without - customers) were able to keep pace with. So it was an overwhelming experience to say the least, however having said that the management were supportive and understanding.
Dow Jones is a great company.
Customer Liaison Specialist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ27 October 2016
The feeling you get when helping a customer resolve an issue or get the information they need. My co-workers are nice and most of us are on the same page.
Pros
The number of vacation/personal days and sick time.
Cons
Constant change of schedules and no flexibility.
Great work/life balance, fun culture
Supervisor (Contact Center Tech Support) (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ18 October 2016
Princeton location is beautiful, very casual environment, encourages across department collaboration and focused on the customer. Sr. Leadership has made great improvements over the last two years.
Pros
Time off policy, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Low pay, minimal room for growth
Ok place to work
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ12 September 2016
Customer service environment is ok. Managers are not great, but they could be worse.... Employees can move within the company after one year on the job. I rate it a solid 3 out of 5.
Pros
good benefits package, good food options
Cons
depending on the department, it's not terribly exciting work...
N/a
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ8 September 2016
The company is not too fond of people working from home, but it's possible in an emergency. The midtown NYC location (business offices) seems to have priority over Jersey City (software development and trading), in terms of peoples' voices being heard.
Love to work in Dow Jones
UNIX Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ28 August 2016
Really love to work in Dow Jones. Job Culture is superb. I got really good support from the team. I started my carrier in the Dow jones as a UNIX admin, worked on all flavours of servers.
Professional and Consistent
Continuous Improvement Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 August 2016
Working for Dow Jones & Co. has been a great place to establish a solid foundation for best-practices. My ability to work for some of the best Operations directors and managers in the Newspaper Industry has help carve out my understanding of the industry and printing as a whole. The challenges that I face have pushed me to seek solutions and grow my knowledge. There are numerous challenges in the Newspaper Industry and because of that I think it was a survival instinct that drove me from day 1.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of Advancement Opportunities
Sales Specialist - DJRC (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 August 2016
Aside from the constant re-orgs and the wall that exist between PIB and The Wall Street Journal, working at Dow Jones in San Francisco is great and pleasant.
Pros
Casual environment in San Francisco Office
Cons
Constant re-org
heallthy environment at work place
User Interface Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 July 2016
management was conscious in all ways, never let employees down
co-workers are so competitive and friendly
benifits given by this company is most attractive part
Very fun but professional workplace dealing with lots of real world applicable information
Data Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ21 June 2016
I learned all about time management and how if you are working constantly, you will never fall behind but will stay ahead on tasks. I also came to learn that its always worth asking for help if needed because the teamwork atmosphere stimulates success among members,
Pros
Great Experience
Awesome work place
PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick Terrace, NJ20 June 2016
Loved working here. Great work culture and huge implementation. Lot of scope to learn and grow. All in all a very good place to work!
Great people, many management changes
Account Manager/Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 June 2016
I enjoyed the environment at Dow Jones, however the constant changing of the managers was very hard on the workers. It would seem that they are trying to make up for lost time with the prior CEO.
Pros
Great people, good products
Cons
Management, behind on technology
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Production Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MA9 June 2016
I have worked at Dow Jones since 1992. I began as a part time customer service telephone representative taking calls from customers of the Wall Street Journal. The training for this position was intense and lasted 8 weeks. Dow Jones expects the highest level of customer service to their customers. I am proud to say I was a consistent high-performing CSR based on the grades I received on my calls by the monitoring group. I learned a great deal about how to handle customers at that job...how to listen, offer a resolution and keep the customer satisfied.

I wanted to become full-time at Dow Jones and was hired in 1998 in the position of Production Manager Assisant and have been at that job ever since. I have a great boss who is very smart, very fair, respects his employees and sets a great example for our whole department. I have worked at Dow Jones for 24 years and plan to retire from there.
Productive and flebile environment
Private Markets Research Associate (Current Employee) –  London4 May 2016
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression