Dow Jones

Dow Jones Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Spent 37 years with Dow Jones
Business Administrator (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits
Cons: Not necessarily a "con" but intense travel for the last 18 years there.
U began as a Customer Service Rep dealing directly with people either through the telephone or written correspondence. I then was moved to systems development geared toward Customer Service. I developed their Geographic Information System which is still in use to this day.
Digital Sales Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 15, 2015
typical day is dealing with RFPs building media plans. Working with ad ops and rev ops to ensure everything runs smoothly. nice colleagues, learn a lot. great environment!
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee), New YorkApril 13, 2015
It is a great place to work with plenty of career advancement if you search for it.

The office is ok - its not that cool.

The culture here is really good, we all go out for drinks all the time and hangout outside of work.
Qa Engineer ,Scrum Master
RSG Media Pvt Ltd (Former Employee), Gurgaon,IndiaApril 3, 2015
EXPERIENCE SUMMARY

• Performed Environmental testing and daily status reporting.
• Developed test case for testing the application and executing the same.
• Testing GUI and functionality of the application using multiple browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0,7.0 and 8.0,Mozilla Firefox, and Safari and interpret positive and negative results.
• Worked with developers, users and business analyst to ensure the system works according to the original design.
• Interact directly with Developers and clients to get updates and resolve defects.
A very friendly place to work at and great team spirit.
TELEPHONIST/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), EC4January 31, 2015
Pros: it was far easier to take annual leave.
Cons: there was no in-house canteen.
1994-2002 BRIDGE INFORMATION SYSTEMS/DOW JONES TELEPHONIST/RECEPTIONIST

• Maintained the reception area to a very high standard
• Answered a very busy computerised switchboard. The main type of calls I took were to accounts payable, and we had two different departments which dealt with incoming and outgoing invoices. We also had a marketing department, which dealt with marketing their own workstations
• Updated information on the computerised switchboard and made sure all the correct fields were filled in, and double checked the information was correct
• Signed for documentation and ensured deliveries were received promptly
• Booked conference rooms via a computerised system and arranged catering.
• Dealt with employment agencies as and when temporary staff were required
• Compiled instructions on how to use the Lucent Switchboard and trained
temporary staff for our reception area
• Processed cost coding/checking invoices for couriers and taxis
• Dealt with the overflow of administration work from the Facilities Manager that involved some copy typing, and checking and reconciling invoices.
Diverse work environment
Customer Solutions Executive (Current Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJDecember 15, 2014
Everyday is different and you must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Very poor management, complete lack of business ethic and culture
Research (Former Employee), LondonDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free bananas
Cons: a lot, doesn´t have time to explore deeper.
This company doesn´t keep talent. If you are hard working professional, committed to perform this is not your place to work. If you like to chill around, gossiping and stuff ... then go ahead. The decisions come from US and often very inconsistent, and of course, people doesn´t count. Over 10 years + this was potentially the worst work experience. Managers lie and hide relevant decisions that affect directly people. The HR is incompetent and lacks transparency. Be aware!
Great Career Based Company
Delivery Field Operations/Clerical (Supervisor) (Current Employee), South Brunswick NJNovember 3, 2014
Great play to grow and treat workers great.

This is a great place for advancement if you are hardworking and determined
Productive and good work environment
Manager, Client Support (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 29, 2014
My work experience at Dow Jones help me grow as a person and taught me many valuable lessons. I had an opportunity to work with many different teams and clients. I also built great friendship with my coworkers.
Collegiate and Fun
Global Sales & Multi Media Director (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great infrastructure and support
Cons: risk adverse
Dow Jones (Europe) was a progressive company, with great products and people.

I felt the business would have been more innovative and faster-paced had it not been run quite so much from the center (New York).

Employees were valued and treated fairly, with lots of opportunity for promotion, to work across different product areas and to work in different geographies.
Contract Position
ATS Implementation Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee), Princeton, New Jersey & NYCAugust 18, 2014
Implemented iCIMS on time, meeting the DJ business requirements.
na
Financial Planning - Enterprise Sales Operations (Former Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 4, 2014
worked as a consultant for a short period of time but experience was great.
nice group of people to work with.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 11, 2014
Working at Dow Jones has taught me to lead with confidence. I took this job knowing that it would be a great opportunity for growth and being apart of this leading news organization has been just that.
Great place to work. Employees worked together . We were like family
building maintenance (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good healthcare benefits, vacation and sick benefits. 401k
Cons: no schedule breaks
We knew what our assignments were. Got the job done. I learned a lot about the printing business as well as my job title "building maintenance"
The best of all Companies I worked for it was so Great! Ilove their Conservative attitude, Tradition, Prestige, Honor
Staff Accountant-General Accounting Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: the best of the wall street companies
Cons: was in princeton new jersey, it would take 1 hr w/o traffic to get there and back from home in union cityi
Working for Dow Jones was one of the best things that happened in my lifwe. I learned so much its incredible. They taught me how to think on my feet as if I was an army of one. You were on your own but there was mentors. I just loved it so much. every day was new and exciting. you would not know what was coming so you had to be ready for anything. one thing that stands out the most is time management. I learned how to use my time wisely. time is golden. like forest Gump said: Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you are going to get! this is what describes this company. The Wall Street Culture. I would like to thank all those indviduals who picked me to work for Dow Jones after Graduating from Saint Peter's University. THere were many candidates from my school and others including IVY Leage schools. I was so Happy: I thank you all for the opportunity that was given to me. THats why I would like to give others opportunity to work for my company. Espinal Business DServices, L.L..C. I learned the fundamentals of the stock market, and how they pick the 10 bluechip stocks for the DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE> WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Loved this company. I rfecomend it to anyone.
A Good Experience, But Not A Complete One
Senior User Experience Architect (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, work/life balance
Cons: leadership, strategic engagement, culture, communication
A fine company, but not one I'd recommend if you want strategic engagement in the work one does.
Productive work place, relaxed culture
Sale Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2014
Slow to promote top performers and slow bureaucratic processes. Great management. Great opportunity to learn financial industry.
Lead Clerk/Supervisor, February (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMay 8, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A mice environment to work, a very non-social environment. More work then play. Learned to be a better leader and supervise other employees. The most enjoyable thing of the job was closing.
Great place to design allowing your work to be published globally for all media/print/digital
ART DIRECTOR, CONSUMER MEDIA GROUP (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
Provider of newspapers, newswires, websites, apps, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences and more, with premier brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, WSJMoney, and WSJD.
Great place for growth
Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Dow Jones is indeed a great place for growth and advancement.

1 2 3 4

About Dow Jones

This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information – Read more