Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Customer Service Group
Data Reporting Analyst, Customer Service Group (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 6, 2016
One of the worst company I ever worked for. The managers are too young , too arrogant and are micromanaging the staff.

I worked in Customer Services. The space accommodated 132 desks and the atmosphere is oppressive to say the least. Everyone is watching everyone else. It is like a factory floor and the top managers are also there watching you.

Plus the salary is dismissal.

If you are over 45 do not apply there. It is humiliated to work with a manager less than 30 years old when you are over 45 particularly is you are dealing with someone who is arrogant and condescending. Truly one of the most painful experience I had working in a corporation.
Excellent company with excellent benefits
Production Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJune 9, 2016
I have worked at Dow Jones since 1992. I began as a part time customer service telephone representative taking calls from customers of the Wall Street Journal. The training for this position was intense and lasted 8 weeks. Dow Jones expects the highest level of customer service to their customers. I am proud to say I was a consistent high-performing CSR based on the grades I received on my calls by the monitoring group. I learned a great deal about how to handle customers at that job...how to listen, offer a resolution and keep the customer satisfied.

I wanted to become full-time at Dow Jones and was hired in 1998 in the position of Production Manager Assisant and have been at that job ever since. I have a great boss who is very smart, very fair, respects his employees and sets a great example for our whole department. I have worked at Dow Jones for 24 years and plan to retire from there.
Very fun but professional workplace dealing with lots of real world applicable information
Data Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 21, 2016
I learned all about time management and how if you are working constantly, you will never fall behind but will stay ahead on tasks. I also came to learn that its always worth asking for help if needed because the teamwork atmosphere stimulates success among members,
Pros
Great Experience
productive
Sr. Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 1, 2016
good development process
skilled employees
up to date technology
nice and helpful coworkers
hardest part is getting promotion
Great people, many management changes
Account Manager/Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed the environment at Dow Jones, however the constant changing of the managers was very hard on the workers. It would seem that they are trying to make up for lost time with the prior CEO.
Pros
Great people, good products
Cons
Management, behind on technology
heallthy environment at work place
User Interface Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
management was conscious in all ways, never let employees down
co-workers are so competitive and friendly
benifits given by this company is most attractive part
Awesome work place
PeopleSoft Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Brunswick Terrace, NJJune 20, 2016
Loved working here. Great work culture and huge implementation. Lot of scope to learn and grow. All in all a very good place to work!
Productive and flebile environment
Private Markets Research Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, a lot of flexibility but at the same time produttive environment as well. Great office in a great location.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
Career progression
Productive and nice work place
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 5, 2016
Raising Invoices
Sending invoices out via crystal reports
Refunds and credit notes
Self management
Running WIP Report
Great Company and People
IT-Director Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJMay 2, 2016
Dow Jones is an outstanding publishing company to work for with impressive teams that are both professional and knowledgeable to work with across the company.
Great learning opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 3, 2016
There are a lot of opportunities to learn and build a career. The company provides sufficient training and educational opportunities to enhance or learn new skills.
Good Company
Part-time Journeywoman (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 12, 2015
The work environment is great. The employees are great. Everyone feels like they are working together as a team. It is rough and you have to be able to lift weight and pull your part of the job. It is a mans job and they are not going to let you slow them down. You need to keep up the pace and do what you are supposed to do.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay
Cons
Nothing but the job is supposed to matter
Good first job after college but no real career advancement.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2014
A good job after college to get your toes wet in the financial services industry. My coworkers in the department are those who finished school within the last four years and therefore I was able relate to them. My direct managers were very helpful. However, being able to advance your career in the department and the company is hard to do; it will take you awhile to get anywhere and the pay is low relative to the job responsibilities. Thus, turnover is high in my department and I don't know if changes will be made anytime soon to combat this issue.
Pros
free breakfast snacks on mondays & fridays, flexible hours & good work/life balance.
Cons
no career advancement, pay is low relative to job responsibilities, pay is low compared to average research associate salary & high turnover.
Corporate work environment, nice office space in DT SF
Associate, Content & Data Strategy (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2015
Great company to start your career but don't spend more then 2 years. No growth opportunities but provide skills training helpful at a new company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for growth
Productive and Fun to Work
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work with balancing your life. Friendly co-workers, exposure to work on newer technology, such as amazon web services, no-sql db such as Mark Logic.
Pros
friendly environment, learned latest technology
Cons
union for technical professionals
As a first job out of college this was ideal.
Senior Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2016
As a first job out of college this was ideal. The people were easy to get along with and the learning environment was great.
Fast paced
Page make-up Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 26, 2016
There were several editions to the news paper with several regions to ship to, so many changes.
Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
Well recognized company with great benefits
Account Executive - Education (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 23, 2012
There is definitely a set culture in various departments. Although working out of the box is always encouraged but it's never approved unless it meets the culture of management. Benefits are great but compensation not competitive. Difficult to advance. Not much promoting from within although qualified individuals exist.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
monetary compensation
Great company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2016
The group that I worked with was full of very smart and creative people with great ideas of how to push forward our product grouping.
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 13, 2015
It is a great place to work with plenty of career advancement if you search for it.

The office is ok - its not that cool.

The culture here is really good, we all go out for drinks all the time and hangout outside of work.