Dow Jones Employee Reviews

Fantastic employer
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ13 August 2017
Great environment, benefits, competitive pay. Dow Jones is a fantastic firm for employees providing an exciting learning experience and room for growth.
Pros
Compensation
Excellent Environment / Subject to Layoffs
Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ29 July 2017
Highly reputable firm, excellent work environment. Easy to feel at home. Princeton campus is beautiful. Good CTO.
Catch: advertising revenue keeps going down resulting in periodic layoffs.
Pros
campus, cafeteria, work life balance
Cons
periodic layoffs
Société très motivante et remunerative
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)21 July 2017
Comme tous les groups du marché de l'information financière, Dow Jones se retrouve avec l'exigence de devoir rénové sa structure en la dynamisant, sans pourtant attaquer les aspects positifs qui garantissent une vitesse de croisière. Essayer d'innover dans un tel dinosaure est particulièrement difficile. Cependant, l'équipe Française a toujours réussi à motiver ses employés et garder une bonne ambiance de travail.
Pros
salaire et experience
Cons
management global
Productive competitive sophisticated energetic
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA12 July 2017
Challenging environment. State of the arts technically . Intellectual culture . Innovative management style. Dynamic environment. Pay
commensurate with experience and productivity
Pros
Great benefits Mentally stimulating
Cons
Management vs union
If you like cubicles...
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ10 July 2017
Just put your head down and work. Management lies and makes you feel as if you and your team are secure but in reality they lay off 2500 people the next week. Careful
Pretty decent job
Customer support associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ21 June 2017
 Provided high-level telephone and e-support on Dow Jones suite of products and services by answering our global customer queries concerning billing/account administration, pricing, content, product navigation, and delivery.
 Retained Dow Jones customers and increased customer loyalty while projecting a professional, efficient and positive approach.
 Ensured all opportunities for retention and cross-selling are identified and maximized.
 Responded to customer inquiries by understanding inquiry; reviewing previous inquiries and responses; gathering and researching information; assembling and forwarding information; verifying customer's understanding of information and answer.
Challenging & full of creativity & fun
National Layout Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ20 June 2017
Challenging & full of creativity. I have improved many skills thru media as using Photoshop , Acrobat , In design. great opportunity working with Wonderful talented people.
my hardest part of my job was my Commuting , Driving 65 miles one side was taking my enough energy.
But after reaching there was most fun and forgetting all stress from commute.
Pros
flexible timings
Accounts Receivable
AR Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJ15 June 2017
Overall great company, prestigious with great benefits. I worked in AR for over two years. It's a one-man-show run by an arrogant supervisor with a very dependant manager. The AR Analyst position is always open. AR is the Department with the highest employee turnover due to the lack of communication. Just have an open mindset, learn quick, grab the experience and move, more possibly to other companies, current manager not good with recommandations.
Enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJ13 June 2017
Dow Jones is a great place to work. I learned a lot from training seminars and from my peers. Everyone is willing to teach you something new if you are eager to learn.
Great company great environment
Metrics Analyst, Global Financial Operations (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ2 June 2017
Fast-paced, challenging, and a wide range of benefits. Great teams to work with, management does their best to provide a fun and productive environment
Was great until the merger...
Associate Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ16 May 2017
Worked for great people -- smart, ethical, appreciative, team players. Company reputation was also terrific and they supported the employees, but then there was a merger and they started to get rid of people, so things changed. The culture is very different now; management seems more focused on creating a cost-effective conglomerate than having top-notch talent and content. There are also less checks and balances to protect employees from injustices -- conglomerate leadership is not exactly known as an ethical or inspirational model of leadership.
Pros
Still a company name that gets respect in its field
Cons
Corporate penny-pinching conglomerate culture
it was a productive company that had alot of challeging tasks
Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ26 April 2017
I had the responsibility of creating network accounts for every new hired employee for the company worldwide. Grant access to network database files where needed and also granted dial-in access. Removed disabled employee access and accounts. I work with a small team of five who were responsible for entire company. Enjoyed working with the team as we all had a very good working relationship.
Pros
very good atmosphere to work in
Cons
irrate and very impatient people
A place to be to work on the latest and most happening tech
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ9 April 2017
A very engaging and supportive work place, with lot of new technologies floating around , energetic group of people with the drive to be better than yesterday each day.
Pros
Spacious work place and flexible timings
Fun Place to work but intense
Senior Financial Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJ21 March 2017
DJ was a great place to work. It was intense in the finance area but that is needed to ensure the numbers published were correct at all times. The culture is very friendly and the people are willing to help if you are new. We work as a team.
Pros
Cons
the people and customers
busy
PA to Senior Manager and Magazine Editors (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 March 2017
I can't really give a review on this company as I was employed on a rolling contract which didn't last very long.
In the short time I was employed with them the people were very easy to get along with.
Excelente escuela para reforzar conocimientos
Corresponsal (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Cundinamarca16 February 2017
Grandiosa empresa para trabajar como periodista económica.
Excelente oportunidad para publicar en el periódico más grande e importante del mundo financiero el Wall Steet Journal. Tenía una cultura laboral intensa y competitiva
Productive, Team work, Fun, Competative
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ10 February 2017
Fun and competitive place to work, Good positive work environment. would highly recommend to others. Very good campus. Creative team
Pros
close by, good campus
Cons
there are no cons to mention
Do it right the first time. Set deadlines and achieved my goals. Have more time to do or learn more things.
Business Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tanjong Pagar22 January 2017
Entertaining guest when there is an event, or guest from overseas and do booking of hotel. Manage day by day, from pantry to office supply.

Learn how to apply EP, SPass and many others immigration information. Print and activate security ID access card for new hire and existing staff.

Good opportunities and promotion.

Environment good!

Carry heavy newspaper and distribute to colleagues, and sometimes magazines too. Opening and closing of door.

Have good and supporting colleagues.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee and drinks.
Cons
Good flexible working hours, and can work from home.
Consultant-Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ13 January 2017
People were very nice and I learned about the advertising side of the Wall Street Journal newspaper. Was able to work on a myriad of projects.
Pros
The people
Cons
Wasn't able to get a permanent position.
Customer Service
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJ11 January 2017
My typical day at work is going in on time starting my day off by reading emails and responding to emails. Listening to voicemails and responding back to the phone calls. I learned how to handle travel services and expense accounting work. I always respected management and did as I was asked. I got along with my co workers and we bounced things off each other. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the cheapest flights for employees that needed to travel for work. I enjoyed my job when I had it but then in 2015 they down sized and I was laid off of my job,
Pros
close to home
Cons
flexible hours, breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dow Jones. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval