Dow AgroSciences

learned a lot
very productive
Great emplyee Ethics
Soybean Research Technician (Current Employee), St. Marys, ONJune 23, 2013
Pros: provided with transferable skills training.
Cons: no benefits
Excellent place to work. Difficult to be hired directly. Mostly temporary positions available.
Usually something that is too good to be true is not
tech (Former Employee), canadaMay 30, 2013
Pros: free food occasionally
Cons: unreasonable demands
Should have a warning label: Buyer beware.
Overall environment is friendly BUT it lacks competent management. A stepping stone but doesn't hold a lot of future opportunities.
Team-based work environment with safety conscious leaders.
Research and development (Former Employee), Blenheim, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: extreme humidity
The boss would always be the first to work, and the coffee would be brewing. Everyone is welcoming and happy to be at work. We start the day before heading out to the research fields by doing a checklist of what we are going to be bringing with us. It is important that we also know who is coming out to the fields so we ensure everyone makes it back to the office safely later in the day. We all load up in the work trucks with the days water supply and tools that we will need. When we get there, we weed the areas of any new weeds to ensure our pollination goes properly. I would try to assign an area to each employee and we would work together to get the job done. We use a method called Line-Of-Fire and it keeps your hoe in-front of you so that no injuries are incurred on site. The hardest part of the job is the heat of the sun and the humidity. We dress in weather sensitive attire that helps move cool air through your shirt however it still protects all skin from the UV rays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding feeling when you put in hard work and have a finished product or properly pollinated section of corn. When management will not listen to your inquiries for safety concerns it is frustrating.

About Dow AgroSciences

Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's – Read more