Dow AgroSciences

learned a lot
very productive
Great emplyee Ethics
Soybean Research Technician (Current Employee), St. Marys, ONJune 23, 2013
Pros: provided with transferable skills training.
Cons: no benefits
Excellent place to work. Difficult to be hired directly. Mostly temporary positions available.
Usually something that is too good to be true is not
tech (Former Employee), canadaMay 30, 2013
Pros: free food occasionally
Cons: unreasonable demands
Should have a warning label: Buyer beware.
Overall environment is friendly BUT it lacks competent management. A stepping stone but doesn't hold a lot of future opportunities.
Team-based work environment with safety conscious leaders.
Research and development (Former Employee), Blenheim, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: extreme humidity
The boss would always be the first to work, and the coffee would be brewing. Everyone is welcoming and happy to be at work. We start the day before heading out to the research fields by doing a checklist of what we are going to be bringing with us. It is important that we also know who is coming out to the fields so we ensure everyone makes it back – more... to the office safely later in the day. We all load up in the work trucks with the days water supply and tools that we will need. When we get there, we weed the areas of any new weeds to ensure our pollination goes properly. I would try to assign an area to each employee and we would work together to get the job done. We use a method called Line-Of-Fire and it keeps your hoe in-front of you so that no injuries are incurred on site. The hardest part of the job is the heat of the sun and the humidity. We dress in weather sensitive attire that helps move cool air through your shirt however it still protects all skin from the UV rays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rewarding feeling when you put in hard work and have a finished product or properly pollinated section of corn. When management will not listen to your inquiries for safety concerns it is frustrating. – less
technical job
full time (Former Employee), PRFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: close loope in the management
to much micro-management in every activity. The culture is informal, with lack of details , go superficial
Easy work for great pay
DNA Extraction Technician (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: coworkerst, fun job, days went by very quickly
Cons: very little chance of being hired on permanently at dow. most employees are contactors, training
Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Dow AgroSciences, and I was very upset when my position got "eliminated". Of course they did not tell me this until Friday at 4 pm when I got the call from Kelly Services saying my position was eliminated immediately. I was in my car in the parking lot getting ready to leave for the weekend when I got the call. Can't – more... you give someone some notice to find another job?? The management there was all right. Managers in other departments seemed to be a little nicer than my own. Job training has a bit of an issue. My department manager taught me to do one particular process directly and then my lab manager wrote me up because I was doing it the wrong way. I was ignored when I brought this fact up. They would follow you around with a notebook and watch you do tasks. Instead of pointing out things that you could be doing better or a more efficient way, you got hauled into the department managers office and talked to about it a week later. If I am doing something wrong why not tell me then instead of letting me do it wrong for a week?

On the bright side, the work itself was enjoyable. The coworkers are super friendly and very helpful. Insurance is offered through the temp service, albeit mediocre and rather expensive. They were excellent about working with you if you need time off. If I had a chance to work for this employer again, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. – less
Seasonal worker describes it all.
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Ames, IANovember 5, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of doing as asked. My main jobs were shoot bagging, measuring ear heights, row banding, hand harvesting, and shelling corn. I did not learn much and especially as not as much as I would have liked...people did not seem to know how to answer my questions because they were doing as sold by someone above them as well. The – more... hardest part was not learning, and being out in the heat all day with long sleeved shirts and jeans. I enjoyed being around a different aspect of agriculture for once instead of livestock. – less
Informative and enjoyable
Process Technician (Current Employee), Sasolburg, FSOctober 25, 2013
Cons: shifts
- Dow Agro sciences is very open they give the employees a platform to shine and also encourage employees to further their educations.
- It is the first company i worked for even before i completed my Diploma ,i had the theory from school and in Dow i have learned practicals of what i leaned from colledge,and i have learned to solve problem that i come – more... across during my shift.
- Management share information about the compay the expectations and the values so that we can all work together towards achieving the goals of the company,they treat employees equally.
- Co workers are friendly and very helpfull
- The hardest part is working shifts
- I enjoy experiencing new things,when we brainstorm – less
Interesting biotech firm
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Fowler, INAugust 26, 2013
Hard hot work. Learned much about corn pollination. Poor job security.
Great work environment, great people, room to grow
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 16, 2013
Pros: free soda, very flexible
Cons: long commute, was an internship
I enjoyed this job. I was treated as an equal, not just an intern. This is a great company. I would enjoy working for them on a permanent basis.
Diverse laboratories with strong safety emphasis.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2013
Pros: cheap, quality lunches. opportunities for experience.
There is no typical day st work. A DNA lab technician would regularly be asked to take on duties from other labs. State of the art techniques were learned. Management was responsive to difficulties as well as opportunities. Co-workers were competent and encouraging. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with a great number of assignments. These – more... diverse assignments also provided much enjoyment. – less
Nice place to work
Research (Former Employee), IowaApril 7, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: pressure, stress, feedback always falls upon deaf ears, 21 yrs of work and not once did i hear the boss say good job, or thanks. stay away from this company, dead end road!!!!!!
FSOL (Field station operation leader) always the last person to show up for work 2-3 hrs later. Closed ears, his way only, Had his buddy's who he looked after, even if you did the work. He hated to be proved wrong!!!!!!!!!
Good 'ol boys network
Administrative Leader (Former Employee), Indianapolis IndianaMarch 10, 2013
Pros: many perks, but things but the perks are what one can provide for themselves.
Cons: pressure, stress, feedback always falls upon deaf ears.
The Glass Ceiling hits hard at Dow. May be doing myself a great harm by telling the truth but cannot do anything else.
Excellent Company to work with and for.
Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: the additional hours needed to successfully complete an assignment.
The beginning of my day at Dow AgroSciences began with preparing my desk for the customer, my expectation of them and preparing whatever activity needed to prepare them for the expected on-time payment for product already shipped.

The collection effort was very soft and learning over 200 customers made learning very different for almost every activity – more... needed for each customer. I worked with project managers regarding terms and billing which lead to my needing to learn payment schedules and reconciliations of various accounts.

The management at Dow AgroSciences was very professional and it eleminated the need for many questions. The expectation was clear and concise. I enjoyed the open door policy given to me to interact with management and departments throughout the organization.

My co-workers managed their accounts in the way that seemed best to them. When there was a need for help or questions, we did not hesitate to support one another. Our professional relationship was healthy and mature.

I requested new projects that were honored but also had to be implemented within the same work hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I built with my customers. My customers and I were loyal to each other and it made my role at Dow AgroSciences a joy. – less
Great Environment to Work
Laboratory Technician II (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Nice work environment, friendly people, maintains high business standard in a growing industry.
A wonderful place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Izmir, TurkeyJune 26, 2012
Very professional people. It was really fun to work. You never pay for food and commuting. They reimburse you for all your food and travel expenses.
Reliability Engineering Contractor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2012
Everyone I worked with was great and easy to talk to and collaborate with.
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Laboratorista (Former Employee), TLAX.April 12, 2014
Pros: seguro social
Es un buen lugar para adquirir conocimientos en cuanto al manejo de equipos de laboratorio, el personal te brinda el apoyo necesario para realizar tu trabajo y se interesa en la seguridad de su personal.
Buen ambiente laboral pero inestabilidad laboral
Oficial mantenimiento (Current Employee), Venado Tuerto, SMarch 6, 2014
Pros: seguro medico buen ambiente laboral entre compañeros de cuadrilla
Cons: inestabilidad laboral
Muchos cursos muy buenos para el crecimiento laboral y personal. muy buen equipo de trabajo en temporada de cosecha
Empresa Dinamica de se trabalhar
Auxiliar de Produção (Current Employee), Cravinhos, SPFebruary 25, 2014
Ótimos benefícios, interatividade de funcionários, cultura, trabalho em equipe, gestão de trabalho e SEGURANÇA NO TRABALHO.

About Dow AgroSciences

Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's – Read more