Dovekie is currently recruiting for QA/QC Inspectors for a number of disciplines (steel, pipe, mechanical, electrical, paint, outfit, completions, etc) for a number of clients throughout eastern Canada and Quebec.
There are both contract and full time positions available for candidates who fit the following job description.
- Development and implementation of project specific Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) which will include (but may not be limited to) guidelines and standards of:
- client & customers technical specification
- respective Classification Society (DNV, LR, ABS etc), and
- other standards required by various international societies and certifying bodies as applicable
(IACS, ASME, CWB, MARPOL, SOLAS, etc)
- Reading and interpreting specifications, drawings, equipment manuals
- Liaise with production to ensure fabrication and construction activities are being executed in accordance with the project ITP and to good construction practice
- Conduct in process inspections of work in progress (workmanship, CWB certifications, calibration of construction and measurement equipment, drawing revisions, etc)
- Review and dispositioning of NCRs as they arise
- Participation in internal and supplier audits as required
- Organize and facilitate witnessing of ITP hold points with production, client reps, Class, and other personnel as required (OEMs, manufacturers reps, etc)
- Compile project Quality documentation in accordance with project and internal SOPs and guidelines
- Compile as built drawings/sketches of completed work
- Promote quality not only within the organization but also customers, suppliers, Classification societies etc through his/her attitude and actions.
- 5-10 years experience in Shipbuilding, Oil & Gas, or Construction industry
- Experience in construction project QA/QC
- Intermediate to strong computer skills (mainly with MS Office Suite)
- Related Degree or Technologist/Technician Diploma from a recognized institution considered an asset
- Experience with ISO considered as asset
- Bilingual considered and asset for some positions