Headquartered in Vancouver (Burnaby), the ideal candidate will live in the region and will work from the office when he/she is not travelling. However, the position is open to ideal candidates residing elsewhere with related work experience as well as established home/office work experience.
The successful candidate will own all aspects of Canadian sales and will:
- Directly oversee Canadian Regional Sales Managers and Inside Sales personnel.
- Directly manage independent manufacturer’s representatives.
Managing Canadian market and direct reports:
- Create annual sales plans and compensation packages for direct reports.
- Manage quarterly performance reviews of direct reports.
- Work directly with VP of Sales to create, implement and track strategic sales initiatives.
Managing independent representatives:
- Create annual sales targets for each representative and support each rep with design assistance, quotes and on-site assistance as needed to help them obtain their sales targets. Upgrade local representation as required by training or replacing current agents.
- Present products to engineers, distributors, contractors and end-users to create demand and to grow brand awareness.
- Obtain the technical expertise necessary to sell products in each sales category. Report activities of the sales territory on a regular basis to the VP of Sales.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand and desire the need to drive to sales targets.
- Must have outstanding oral, written and verbal communication and presentation skills as well as negotiation skills. Bilingual (English/French) is a considerable plus.
- Must possess relationship-building and relationship-management skills. * Must be a self-starter and be capable of working with limited direction.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Must be comfortable reading and comprehending engineered lighting plan sheets.
- Must have the entrepreneurial drive to succeed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical degree preferred.
- 5+ years of comparable sales experience with lighting control panels, lighting fixtures and/or occupancy sensors.
- 35%-50% total time out of the office with customers. Remainder of the time in the office supporting business opportunities.
Douglas Lighting Controls, Inc. engineers, manufactures and distributes lighting control products for the North American and International...