Headquartered in Vancouver (Burnaby), the ideal candidate will live in the region and will work from the office when he/she is not travelling. However, the position is open to ideal candidates residing elsewhere with related work experience as well as established home/office work experience.
The successful candidate will own all aspects of Canadian sales and will:
- Directly oversee Canadian Regional Sales Managers and Inside Sales personnel.
- Directly manage independent manufacturer’s representatives.
Managing Canadian market and direct reports:
- Create annual sales plans and compensation packages for direct reports.
- Manage quarterly performance reviews of direct reports.
- Work directly with VP of Sales to create, implement and track strategic sales initiatives.
Managing independent representatives:
- Create annual sales targets for each representative and support each rep with design assistance, quotes and on-site assistance as needed to help them obtain their sales targets. Upgrade local representation as required by training or replacing current agents.
- Present products to engineers, distributors, contractors and end-users to create demand and to grow brand awareness.
- Obtain the technical expertise necessary to sell products in each sales category. Report activities of the sales territory on a regular basis to the VP of Sales.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must understand and desire the need to drive to sales targets.
- Must have outstanding oral, written and verbal communication and presentation skills as well as negotiation skills. Bilingual (English/French) is a considerable plus.
- Must possess relationship-building and relationship-management skills. * Must be a self-starter and be capable of working with limited direction.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Must be comfortable reading and comprehending engineered lighting plan sheets.
- Must have the entrepreneurial drive to succeed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical degree preferred.
- 5+ years of comparable sales experience with lighting control panels, lighting fixtures and/or occupancy sensors.
- 35%-50% total time out of the office with customers. Remainder of the time in the office supporting business opportunities.
Indeed - 9 months ago