Writer/Media Specialist plans, writes, provides media services, edits, photographs, and performs other related duties for external and internal communications on College programs, services, issues and events while providing exceptional client-centred service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
This temporary full-time position is available for the period of July 2, 2013 to January 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension. Regular hours of work are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. Occasional travel between campuses may be required.
- Writes, rewrites, and coordinates distribution of original copy for news releases, public service announcements, media advisories, College blogs and newsfeeds, Web sites, social media, informational copy, promotional copy, College annual/community report, special bulletins, speeches, video scripts, etc.
- Consults, researches, organizes information, and performs interviews for a wide variety of internal and external communications.
- Plans and implements internal and external communications strategies.
- Plans and develops informational and promotional material on College programs, services, issues and events.
- Plans news release, public service announcement and media advisory time-lines and distribution targets for College programs, services and events.
- Plans and creates content for College news channels such as blogs.
- Provides substantive editing, copy-editing and proofreading services for material written by other College employees.
- Researchs and maintains print and electronic media contact list.
- Communicates with media reporters and editors.
- Analyzes and evaluates media coverage.
For a full description of the requirements, responsibilities and to apply for this position please visit: