Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Is a nice workplace to cotinue a professional career
Housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2013
• Controlling and monitoring suites
• Providing excellent attention to guest concerns
a good enviroment with a nice and happy people to work with
bar waitress (Current Employee), UAE ras al khaimaMay 26, 2013
I really like my job at the moment because I make it to the point that I can take responsibilities and I have the self ownership. The company trusted me to monitor the bar I learned lots of things doing the inventory how to make requisition and managing the bar alone . The management was cooperative but sometimes they need to give the staff some compliment – more... for doing a good job. The hardest part of the job was working long hours ,working under sun. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was making the guest satisfy. They are the one who make me feel important. They say that staff are the main reason why the guest keep on coming to our hotel, Because we gave them service that exceed to their expectation.. – less
Productive Work Enviroment Great Staff & Management
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Sandston, VASeptember 11, 2014
Completely Amazing When You Compare It To A Shamin Hotel It's Like Chicken Alfredo & Red Wine Compared To Ramen Noodles and A Juice Box
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Typical day at work included checking in and out guests. Handling billing for guests. Customer complaints and feedback from guests. Supervision of desk associates and daily activities. Scheduling. Ordering for the gift shop. Also a member of the Green Team. Learned a lot about working as a team and communication within departments and management. Enjoyed – more... constantly interacting with people. Also enjoyed being able to structure my day. – less
Productive, Fun, Great Space!
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Jackson, TNSeptember 9, 2014
I loved working here! The staff and management were very welcoming. I loved being part of such a great team!
Small hotel
Food & Beverage Assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 9, 2014
Typical day at work:
6:30 am: Preparing the buffet for the breakfast
7:00 am: Serving coffe, tea and breakfast for the guests
11:00 am: Breakfast finished, preparing the restaurant for lunch.
12:00-15:00pm: Lunch time: taking orders, serving foods, drinks. Making payments. Clearing, setting up tables.
Workplace
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: love my co-workers
Cons: no advancement
I love my job but there is no room for advancement within the location I am currently working for. I feel as though I am overly qualified for the position that I currently hold.
Great management and leadership experience
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Madison, WISeptember 8, 2014
Overall working for Hilton was an amazing opportunity. I managed the Badgerland Bar and Grill which was the restaurant attached to the hotel itself. I was primary in charge of hiring, training, and maintain all parts of the kitchen, bar, dining, and banquets on a daily basis. Hours were long and unpredictable each day. I love being busy and constantly – more... having some sort of work that has to be done. There is no room for laziness in this industry and loved hiring people based on their personality only and being able to instill the proper training and work ethic needed to succeed. Not only was I in charge of the restaurant but most often was the only manager in the hotel nights and weekends meaning I was running a hotel and restaurant and any banquets all at one given time. I grew immensely as a manager and acquired a patience level that changed the way I work and train with others which has been most beneficial to my leadership abilities. An opportunity to move out west presented itself and as somebody who grew up in the Midwest and never left, decided that the opportunity to move to Utah was one I did not want to pass up. This was a great company to work for and am looking for another to grow with. – less
Modern hotel with great package for expats
All Day Dining Restaurant & In Room Dining Manager (Current Employee), Hilton, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good package and great colleagues
Cons: newly developed cbd far from downtown
strong involvement with managerial decision making process during pre opening period, leading and coaching a team of 20-30 team members
Best sales staff ever!
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Grand JunctionAugust 29, 2014
I worked extremely hard and was rewarded by a great sales team
Nice company to work for
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: company paid for our lunches on ocasion
Cons: breaks wer not that long
I was a PBX operator I would answer all phone lines for the hotel I would Transfer customers to room/room service or transportation also the front desk to help them with their wants and needs
An amazing fun company with great people.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free quarterly lunches, amazing management, family enviorment
Cons: hot work enviorment
A typical day at the hotel was we would come in and get our assignments from the executive housekeeper. Get any linens/terry or amenities we needed to put on our carts. Then we would go get our carts and get organized to start the day. I typically was on the 11th floor of the hotel. So I would grab my cart and head to the floor. We had roughly 30 minutes – more... per room. Depending on how the morning would go we would take our first break around 9/10 oclock in the morning. that was our 15 minute. then back to work and take lunch around 11/12. We had a 30 minute lunch break. then back to work and sometimes we were still there to take our last break. To finish off the day we would stock our carts and turn in all paperwork and lost and found to the executive housekeeper.

From this particular job I learned a lot of time management skills and how to work with very little supervision.

My coworkers were amazing and we all worked together to make sure the hotel stayed in top shape, and if one of us needed help we could rely on fellow employees to lend a hand.

The hardest part of the job would have been the heavy check out days. Having 18/19 rooms to complete in a n 8 hour time period made it very stressfull.

the most enjoyable part of this job was the fact that i got to work with a wide variety of people. – less
Awesome place to work with managers who truly care
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Commerce, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: everything except compensation
Cons: wish they would pay more, but hotels pay better in more popular locations.
A typical day at work would include pre shifts meeting with management to go over any important information. Greeting guest as they enter the hotel. Great leadership team who taught you how to anticipate customer's needs and provide the highest level of customer service. Co-workers are more like family members.
High stress but good lesson to have
Front Desk Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Carmel, INAugust 20, 2014
Coming into this job with a lot of experience I did not expect the high stress I would endure. There isn't room for advancement at this property unless you are prepared to be exactly what they desire. There is no room to be yourself and you can only absolutely trust maybe 2 people in the work environment. The property is in dire need of updating so – more... working at this property that is the majority of complaints you will hear from guests.

Management is not what they appear to be at first. They will be nice and commend you but will also be quick to address your flaws and magnify them. There is a lot of drama and department heads like to complain about other departments.

The only part of my job I enjoyed was a few co workers I got to know on a personal level that I could trust and the regular guests I would see every week that were always friendly and easy to get along with. Sales books a lot of sports teams that come through and these teams can be loud.

The company that franchises the hotel offers the standard benefits and the starting pay is good with experience. But it is not a job I would recommend. – less
Good place to work for.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: learning alot and working with great people
Cons: no room for advancements and not very many pay raises
The people that you work with and for are great but there are no advancement opportunities.
run down building with rats, no advancement opportunities
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: employee travel benefits
Cons: ghetto environment, back stabbing managers, lots of inappropriate behavior that is ignored
The only reason I lasted as long as I did, was because I worked the Night Audit shift, and was able to fly under the radar, from the DRAMA of other shifts.

Hotel is run down - saw MANY rats on my shift. Personnel is ghetto, as is the area. Would not recommend working here. AT ALL.
run down building with rats, no advancement opportunities
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: employee travel benefits

My first steps into the Hotel world
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 16, 2014
After working in Food and Beverage for years I decided to move on to the hotel world and I felt that the Front desk was where I should start. The front desk is the heart of the hotel and I have learned so much from checking in guest to catering to guests needs to also communicationg with other departments. The front desk staff here is great everyone – more... works together and is respectful to one another. Beginning as a front desk agent one of my weaknesses was taking guest complaints and comments personl. I have overcame that and learned that I just have to do my best to try to please and cater to their needs. I enjoy working in hotels but would love to move to another department to learnm more. – less
Before the Hotel was sold it was the best place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: i like where we worked to get employee of the month.
Cons: it was dificult to stand by a watch the staff ont being appreciated for their hard work.
A typical day at work was to be there on time to open up and to get the papers ready to assign rooms to 23 housekeepers.
I learned how to do the scheduling of the staff in housekeeping.
I managed to learned how to multitask in my duties.
I my co-workers got along very well at times but we worked together as a team to overcome our differences in opinions.
The – more... hardest part of the job was to let someone go knowing that he/she was the one supporting their family on that one single income.
I like the people that I worked with because we worked together from 1988 to 2013. – less
fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2014
nice place to work . good benefits. great pay. employees are nice and caring. day goes by fast because you stay busy

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more