Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place To Work
Front Desk Agent/ Night Auditor (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJanuary 19, 2015
Never have been to any bad situation in the workplace. I have learned a lot about customer service, most importantly how to make the guest to feel that they are in their home, rather than hotel.Co-workers are really helpful.I have not found anything in this job which is tough or hard.I enjoyed every moments in my job.
Is a nice workplace to cotinue a professional career
Housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2013
• Controlling and monitoring suites
• Providing excellent attention to guest concerns
a good enviroment with a nice and happy people to work with
bar waitress (Current Employee), UAE ras al khaimaMay 26, 2013
I really like my job at the moment because I make it to the point that I can take responsibilities and I have the self ownership. The company trusted me to monitor the bar I learned lots of things doing the inventory how to make requisition and managing the bar alone . The management was cooperative but sometimes they need to give the staff some compliment for doing a good job. The hardest part of the job was working long hours ,working under sun. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was making the guest satisfy. They are the one who make me feel important. They say that staff are the main reason why the guest keep on coming to our hotel, Because we gave them service that exceed to their expectation..
productive
guest service agent (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2015
handling incoming calls, making reservation and cash handling
Great Environment!
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Co-workers and Managers are really good people, but the distance was really hard for me at the time. I was driving from Red Oak, TX to Farmers Branch, TX, it was not enough compensation for me to continue.
every one was nice
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: no breaks
nice place to work. everyone work there are always tray to help each other.
very good place to work
assistant manager house keeping (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2015
i have been there for a short period of time but have grown to like the environment and the people that are there with me.
Product importance was not realized for guest or employee
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches daily and company wide discount
Cons: short breaks and expensive healthcare
Doubletree was my first introduction to the hospitality industry. Management was not unified front and inconsistant on a good day. Employee empowerment was abundant. Overall the hotel had not reach the Hilton standard yet. Employment at the hotel is at will and will suffer high turn over until standard met or leadership with integrity come in to play.
Illegal Practices: Beware
Hostess, Server, and Room Service Associate (Former Employee), Atlantic Beach, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great if you're a tall thin male
Cons: illegal practices, unprofessional, ignore ada
This place can be all fun and games (if you enjoy very thinly veiled favoritism and a boss that openly makes inappropriate remarks about the men on staff). But they won't shy away from illegal practices if they no longer want you to work there. Several times they have simply removed employees from the schedule with no warning. You technically still work for them. They haven't expressly fired you. But you will not receive any more hours for them. If you develop any medical condition, disability, or become pregnant, they will not be accommodating, even if any accommodation causes undue hardship per the American's with Disabilities Act. They will lose your doctor's notes, insist you're well enough despite said doctor's notes, and insist you either do the work anyways or cut your hours to dismal levels until taking you off the schedule completely. Meanwhile, employees caught sleeping on the job will retain full schedules and boss favor.
Solid company on the hospitality side
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Great place to be hired into fresh out of high school or college. They take care of their employees through teaching classes on customer service. Golf course here is a little over the top and doesn't raw to much clientele
Enjoyed Making guests happy every day.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: loved my job!
Cons: needing to clock out for lunch when i never took a lunch & continued working instead.
Checked-in/checked-out guests throughout the day, w/a delivery of a warm walnut chocolate chip cookie. Printed out and filled out docs. throughout the day. Issued room keys for each guest. Got bags of waters together for each Hilton Honors member. Answered the telephones throughout the day. Baked cookies continuously for the guests. Arranged wake up calls. Checked the gift shop inventory & rang up guests for what they purchased. Separated various mail. Brought complimentary chips/drinks to our guests floors to WOW them. Made up breakfast & beverage vouchers for Gold & Diamond Hilton Honor Guests. Gave Trip Advisor's to the guests whom I know had an excellent stay. Checked the resume book to see what parties were going to be had that day at our hotel. Satisfied special requests whenever possible to every guest. Informed guests about all the hotel features & amenities, as well as local attractions. Learned the OnQ Computer System. Counted the drawer, petty cash!

I worked with an amazing people, such team players if you will. We were more like family.
grate food
Housekeeping / Housekeeper Attendant (Former Employee), Tallahassee Fla,January 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
clean rooms
How to check rooms
Work hard
My Boss
Doing the Job right
Great staff to work with. Easy work sitiuation with staff
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: job securty, good place to work, great co-workers.
Cons: sometimes hard to get breaks due to staffing shortages. sometimes hard to plan personnel time off.
I check guest in and out of hotel. Always trying to exceed guest requirements. Help front desk management by giving them time to get daily paper work done for staff coming on next. I am in consent learning mode due to changing guest requirements and new modules from Hilton College. I have great co-workers and we interact very well as a team. Sometimes due to heavy guest check in or check out trying to service guest can become changeling. Getting through my shift with a sense of accomplishment.
Good start
Sales Coordinator/Junior Sales Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: promote within, great team, discounted food, hotel discounts
Cons: short breaks, little office space
You have to be a great multitasker and be able to jiggle several emails and calls. Need to be very organized. Housekeeping department tough to please, overall great team which awesome personalities. Communication is key! Management has your best interest at heart and will push for growth within.
Great fun
NIGHT AUDIT/GSA/ RESERVATION SPECIALIST SUPERVIORS (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: prefect work schedule
Cons: n/a
I began working as front desk agent,I had worked all shifts. Given the ability to work all issues from check-in, check out and closing the day. Then when I was prompted to do reservation this was for me. I enjoyed helping guest coordinating things for arrival. Just daily accounting task, management giving me opportunity to challenge my knowledge.
Loyal Brand and very supportive in providing growth in your career
Front office agent/ Night auditor (Former Employee), Washington, NWJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch or dinner, staff appreciation lunch every month
A Typical day at work:

A typical day at work would start at 12:00 pm midnight as I did the night auditing, checking in guests that was a late arrival, being punctual in what I am suppose to get done for the night and attend to all matters of the guest. My day would end at 07:00 am or later if required to assist my fellow associates or until the Front office manager arrives.

What I learned:

Patience and more patience, to get things done before deadlines.

Co - Workers:

To work together as a team, help each other when needed. How to be supportive when we have a very busy day at work, also to work with different people with different cultures and experiences.

Hardest part of the job:

The hardest part of the job was when the hotel was over booked, and I had to move guest to another hotel, and only inform then when they arrive at our hotel, as most of them had no contact number, Or by the time I get to work they were on the way already. Also working longer hours when needed and assist where they need help in all departments.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

I enjoyed every minute of my experience, weather I had a bad day, things that happened that was out of my control, and I had to find a solution for it, also I enjoyed working with my fellow associates and managers.
produtive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), virginia beachJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: meet new faces daily fast pace
Cons: nil
double tree hotel is a good place to work if your are excited about customer service my typical is going in at 6 am getting work sheets ready checking guest status preparing for what ever the day brings I learn patience an tolerance customer service has to the order of the day my manager was a strong minded lady my hardest day would be when we have a full house an vip my most enjoyable moments is to serve with pride an integrity ,an my guest leave a note at the front desk to say i make there stay the most memorable.
night auditor
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Bound Brook, NJJanuary 2, 2015
able to understand the hospitatlity company. engage conversation with customer and guest
Fun place to work at
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Culver City, CADecember 30, 2014
Good Management, opportunity to grow.
Hardest part is the long hours because it's a hotel industry. Enjoyed working with many talents within the organization
Great company to work for.
Mechanic B Class (Former Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: work schdules
There was always something new to learn at this company. I acquired my basic maintenance and customer service skill working for the Double Tree Hotel.

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more