Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Is a nice workplace to cotinue a professional career
Housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2013
• Controlling and monitoring suites
• Providing excellent attention to guest concerns
Best sales staff ever!
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Grand JunctionAugust 29, 2014
I worked extremely hard and was rewarded by a great sales team
Nice company to work for
PBX Operator (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: company paid for our lunches on ocasion
Cons: breaks wer not that long
I was a PBX operator I would answer all phone lines for the hotel I would Transfer customers to room/room service or transportation also the front desk to help them with their wants and needs
Awesome place to work with managers who truly care
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Commerce, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: everything except compensation
Cons: wish they would pay more, but hotels pay better in more popular locations.
A typical day at work would include pre shifts meeting with management to go over any important information. Greeting guest as they enter the hotel. Great leadership team who taught you how to anticipate customer's needs and provide the highest level of customer service. Co-workers are more like family members.
High stress but good lesson to have
Front Desk Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Carmel, INAugust 20, 2014
Coming into this job with a lot of experience I did not expect the high stress I would endure. There isn't room for advancement at this property unless you are prepared to be exactly what they desire. There is no room to be yourself and you can only absolutely trust maybe 2 people in the work environment. The property is in dire need of updating so – more... working at this property that is the majority of complaints you will hear from guests.

Management is not what they appear to be at first. They will be nice and commend you but will also be quick to address your flaws and magnify them. There is a lot of drama and department heads like to complain about other departments.

The only part of my job I enjoyed was a few co workers I got to know on a personal level that I could trust and the regular guests I would see every week that were always friendly and easy to get along with. Sales books a lot of sports teams that come through and these teams can be loud.

The company that franchises the hotel offers the standard benefits and the starting pay is good with experience. But it is not a job I would recommend. – less
Good place to work for.
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 19, 2014
Pros: learning alot and working with great people
Cons: no room for advancements and not very many pay raises
The people that you work with and for are great but there are no advancement opportunities.
run down building with rats, no advancement opportunities
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: employee travel benefits
Cons: ghetto environment, back stabbing managers, lots of inappropriate behavior that is ignored
The only reason I lasted as long as I did, was because I worked the Night Audit shift, and was able to fly under the radar, from the DRAMA of other shifts.

Hotel is run down - saw MANY rats on my shift. Personnel is ghetto, as is the area. Would not recommend working here. AT ALL.
run down building with rats, no advancement opportunities
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: employee travel benefits

My first steps into the Hotel world
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 16, 2014
After working in Food and Beverage for years I decided to move on to the hotel world and I felt that the Front desk was where I should start. The front desk is the heart of the hotel and I have learned so much from checking in guest to catering to guests needs to also communicationg with other departments. The front desk staff here is great everyone – more... works together and is respectful to one another. Beginning as a front desk agent one of my weaknesses was taking guest complaints and comments personl. I have overcame that and learned that I just have to do my best to try to please and cater to their needs. I enjoy working in hotels but would love to move to another department to learnm more. – less
Before the Hotel was sold it was the best place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: i like where we worked to get employee of the month.
Cons: it was dificult to stand by a watch the staff ont being appreciated for their hard work.
A typical day at work was to be there on time to open up and to get the papers ready to assign rooms to 23 housekeepers.
I learned how to do the scheduling of the staff in housekeeping.
I managed to learned how to multitask in my duties.
I my co-workers got along very well at times but we worked together as a team to overcome our differences in opinions.
The – more... hardest part of the job was to let someone go knowing that he/she was the one supporting their family on that one single income.
I like the people that I worked with because we worked together from 1988 to 2013. – less
fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2014
nice place to work . good benefits. great pay. employees are nice and caring. day goes by fast because you stay busy
Very busy downtown hotel with a full service bar and restaurant
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: under staffed
The Doubletree was a great property to work for. The management was very concerned with staff development and training. The property had extremely professional staff and I learned a tremendous amount of industry trends and standards from working with them.
Very Busy and Productive
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Hilton, NYAugust 11, 2014
Pros: brand have great cookies
Cons: his not enought time of day to complete yous task
Typical day at work I provides guidance and leadership to the rooms division, engineering and Food & Beverage, ensuring consistent of hotel policies and quality customer service while maximizing department profits. I will ensure that all areas will continue to support the brand while executing win/win decisions for our customers and staffs.
This job needs new management
Housekeeper; Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOAugust 9, 2014
The work was no problem. It was management. They over worked us and we never had time to detail our rooms.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Ras al-Khaimah, RKAugust 8, 2014
My days there was very very busy. The hotel has 485 rooms and all the time is full. I learned to operate in ONQ system , to work with 35 different nationalities .I had a very good training there, the management was so friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job ? when we had over then 200 check ins and 200 check outs.
Banquet Houseman / Sever (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 7, 2014
Need more hours but over all okay place to work i liked my co workers
I enjoy meeting new and frequent guests
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 6, 2014
The best part of my job is the people that I work with. I enjoy meeting guest from all over the world and some of them are very famous.
Fast paced environment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
Ensuring customers get prompt efficient service
Co-workers display teamwork
worst hotel ever
frond desk (Former Employee), orlando flJuly 31, 2014
It the el worst place to wk they dnt event speaks English. And the housekeeper r nasty n they don't clean the glases the watches them in the room doubletree by Hilton at the world Disney world
Fun Place
Restaurant Server (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 30, 2014
It was a great place to work i enjoyed the people and the atmosphere if I could go back there today I will

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more