Doubletree Hotel

Doubletree Hotel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Is a nice workplace to cotinue a professional career
Housekeeping supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 17, 2013
• Controlling and monitoring suites
• Providing excellent attention to guest concerns
a good enviroment with a nice and happy people to work with
bar waitress (Current Employee), UAE ras al khaimaMay 26, 2013
I really like my job at the moment because I make it to the point that I can take responsibilities and I have the self ownership. The company trusted me to monitor the bar I learned lots of things doing the inventory how to make requisition and managing the bar alone . The management was cooperative but sometimes they need to give the staff some compliment – more... for doing a good job. The hardest part of the job was working long hours ,working under sun. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was making the guest satisfy. They are the one who make me feel important. They say that staff are the main reason why the guest keep on coming to our hotel, Because we gave them service that exceed to their expectation.. – less
Checking Rooms
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work was checking rooms and providing a nice and clean rooms for guest. The hardest part of my job was turning a bad day into a positive day not only for me but our guest.
Great Place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), MurfreesboroOctober 19, 2014
Cons: pay
I really enjoyed working for the Doubletree. I just was not making enough money to support my family but as soon as I found a better job they offered me a promotion but it was a little too late. I absolutely love hospitality and tourism.
Greating guest at the front desk of a hotel.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 18, 2014
Check to see who is all coming in and leaving out for the day. Make sure the reward guest that are arriving rooms have their special treats. Answer any questions, concerns and comments that the guest might have.
Poor workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches and free parking
Cons: horrible food for lunch, poor pay
You don't have a regular schedule which is fine and expected when it comes to working in a hotel but certain people are given certain shifts because they are friends with management. If you find out that they are hiring for a certain position and apply for it you can't move up because they didn't know you were interested. If you are not best friends – more... with the HR manager you have lost your job. Certain employees can do things that others can't because HR likes them. Pay is poor and sometimes you don't get a lunch because it is really busy but get yelled at because it is busy. I will never work at the Oak Brook, IL location again. I have worked for Hilton before and this property left a bad taste in my mouth. – less
It was good experience
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Pune, MHOctober 13, 2014
As it is my first job i m learning lot of things practically. its more than what we learned in college. management and staff is very supporting and understanding. every day was new challenge for me as everyday i use to get compliments and positive feedback from guest as well as from my senior.
Great co-workers with alot of knowledge to share.
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 13, 2014
I started with the company when I was young. I enjoyed all the experience and on the job training I received.
Worked at this location for so long that I got to know many people.
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: it was a learning experience
Cons: was not offered any types of job advancements in the 7 years of employment.
It was a learning experience that has carried over to my current position.
Great place for hourly employees
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 9, 2014
Hourly employee, great place to work. Management level, say goodbye to your life outside of work
great place to stay,clean and friendly
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Danvers, MAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: indoor pool free, free daily breakfast and nightly dinners
Cons: no comutication with other employees
Inspect rooms, laundry, clean rooms, inventory, order supplies,
Meeting new people everyday
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: meeting different people from different cultures
Cons: healthcare, pay rate
Waking up to coffee to start a productive day with a smile makes people feel comfortable. Making sure everything is clean and in proper manner to return to
Review
Assistant Director of Security (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 4, 2014
Hilton is a good company with many advancement opportunities. The starting pay is a little behind the times, but many opportunities to move up and relocate to bigger and better things. Great company.
Fast paced and always on the go environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOOctober 4, 2014
Cleaning the rooms is never the hard part. The hard part is having to remove all of the dirty laundry and such out of it first. Some days, the work load is slow so you can take a little bit more time on each room when it comes to cleaning certain areas. As for the weekends, you need to get in scrub the main areas and get out. Mind you, our rooms get – more... double checked by a supervisor and she's usually nice about what needs to be done and how to get it done right the next time. It was a good first job but, I don't know about being a housekeeper again any time soon. – less
Always productive work environment
Night Custodian (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 4, 2014
Different locations in Kansas City area, Always new areas to work on and some repeats.
Work inviroment.
Gardner (Current Employee), Newark, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free meals and beverages at no cost all shifts and all employees.
Nice work place and a close family like atmosphere. Employee recognition awards monthly. Employee appreciation parties. Birthday card given every year on their birthday.
Fast paced work enviornment
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch, discounted hotel rates, great co-workers
Cons: lack of accountability, poorly trained staff.
Placing food orders, how to effectively manage my time. How to negotiate with vendors. Learned how to utilize management to work with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was learning to delegate. the best part of the job was the ability to be creative.
Overall I love my co-workers.
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and dinner
Cons: walking guest late at night
Typical day at work I start at 11pm and immediately start balancing accounts and do local tracking. I have learned much about accounting and balancing folios. My managers are ok. My co-workers are more helpful then my managers. The hardest part of the job is when we're sold out and have to walk people. Not too many guest are happy about that when they're – more... arriving late. The most enjoyable part of the job is the peacefullness when they hotel is quiet. – less
All guests of the hotel and me in awe of the "Doubletree cookies"
bartender, (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: attention to all employee
Cons: no problem
Doubletree Hotel has an outstanding reputation, upscale hospitality , customer service and very friendly. Giving extra attention to the guest.
I feel comfortable among co-workers and management.
Growing and Exciting Evironment
Front Desk Associate/Van Driver (Current Employee), Greensboro, N.C.September 24, 2014
Double Tree is a great place for those who enjoy hospitality. The personnel are very great to work with, from housekeeping to the restaurant. Managing the hotel, guests, and paperwork can be time-consuming as a front desk agent, but is all worth it when tasks get completed in a fashionable manner.

1 2 3 4 5

About Doubletree Hotel

If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The – Read more