DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor working environment and training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: can easily move up in positions
Cons: poor training, unorganized scheduling
Typical day at work:
-Clock in at the clock in station which was a 5min walk from my department
-As soon as I reach my department, I retrieve my bank from the Volt
-Take my bank to the frontdesk
-Start checking guests in and out

What I learned:
-PBX operating skills
-Hotel reservations

Management:
-Poor training when it came to the new staff members
-Management – more... would pond new staff onto old staff members to learn skills
-Scheduling was always an issue because our department was overly staffed on slow days and understaffed on busy days

Co-workers:
-Co-workers were 50/50. Half of them were eager to help the new employees, the other half were very rude: (talking behind each others back at the workplace, not willing to help with training when management was not around)

Hardest part of the job:
-Assisting guests with reservations that were set up through third parties
-Finding guests other hotels after our hotel accepted their reservation but overbooked reservations at the same time

The most enjoyable part of the job:
-Being PBX operating (assisting guests on the phone, creating/cancelling reservations, creating vouchers for honored guests, companies, and events)
-Having the power to accommodate unsatisfied guests with perks the hotel has to offer. – less
It has a inside pool.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Collinsville, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didn't make enough to purchase insurance.
You meet a lot of interesting people who stay at the hotel. The guests like the heat pool area. They have a lot of functions schedule at this hotel.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Jackson, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Loved the environment and my coworkers.Worked full time,management was great.The most enjoyable part was leaving customers happy and satisfied.
Fun Times.....
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHJanuary 2, 2014
I had lot of fun times while I was there, It thought me a lot about the business that will follow me the rest of my career..
Great atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Schaumburg, IllinoisDecember 2, 2013
Taught me administrative work in an entry level setting and prepared me for multiple lines of work helping me to be a well rounded and multi trained company assett.
Productive work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), tarrytown NYJanuary 22, 2013
At this job I learned a lot of perfecting my customer service skills.
Convention Center/Vacation fullservice hotel. Offering all amentities for an enjoyable stay,featuring an upscale steak house,breakfast cafe', banquet
F/B Director, Restaurant Mngr, Exec Chef (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: long hours
Employment at this company allowed me to meet and serve guests from many different backgrounds and with personal expectations. Every day offered a challenge I was always willing to accept positively. The Hilton offered ongoing support and training when needed. I was lucky enough to work with a great staff, all of us working towards the same achievable – more... goals. The hardest part of the job was leaving a great team. Most enjoyable was going to work everyday, not feeling like it was "work", more like fulfilling my passion for the hospitality industry. – less
Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2012
Pros: location and team work!
Cons: somtimes we're severely understaffed
DoubleTree is a 298 room hotel located in the heart of 5 Points South/UAB area. A typical day would consist on an average of about 100 check-ins per day with more or less depending on events in town and/or scheduled in-house events. We have a front desk staff of 8 and 2 supervisors, along with a FOM and AFOM. Front desk supervisors bridge the gap between – more... upper management and staff as well as guests. We also support and manage bellstaff (7) and parking attendants (4). Run daily reports attend staff and stand-up meetings. Relay Hilton and GM ideas and rules to staff. Also deliver superb guest satisfaction. – less
Extremely HOSTILE work environment
Catering & Events Director (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: the clients and customers are wonderful.
Cons: the upper management is terrible to work with.
The management team is unprofessional, manipulative, and overly emotionally dramatic. The women in upper management act as if they are in high school and treat employees poorly. There is a very high turnover rate due to employee abuse.