DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive in sports... swimming.. running...
Snr Bell Captain (Concierge) (Current Employee), DubaiMarch 8, 2015
Pros: free meals and free transport
Cons: 9 hours working with brakes in between
Every day i learned how to interact with different culture,different needs .
The management is better and up to the standard of Hilton wild wide.
I go along with my core workers,understand each and every individual.
The hardest part of the job would be when things does not go well on time as we plan that may be caused by either natural disasters such as the traffic jam in case we ware to arrange transport drop off from the hotel to the airport.

The most enjoyable part is when we celebrate the winning jheart of our guest especially when they write positive comments on the tripladvisor
Fast paced exciting place to work.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MOJanuary 25, 2015
Daily preperation for hotel guests. Ensuring all guest rooms are cleaned and ready daily. Management is awesome! Hardest part of my job is ensuring housekeeping keep on schedule and all rooms are ready by 3pm daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is developing relationships with the guests.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: an unbelievably fun yet laid back and fair boss, free food and goody bags not wanted by guests after weddings and banquets, very friendly staff; employees permitted to enjoy company with friends in both restaurants and patio, wide variety of clientele, diverse staff, guest service agents occasionally gets tips, saltwater pool/hot tub.
Cons: expensive insurance, extremely low pay, lack of understanding through communication between departments despite weekly meetings, understaffed due to high turn-a-round or people always wanting to leave shift early, prices too high in the pantry.
Training is thorough and easy to understand via computer systems. Overall, it is a learn as you go job. I adore the people I know and work with, and would be sad to leave them behind. However, people are close and it seems that everyone discusses everything there, so there is little privacy.

There can be growth in the brand, but not in the individual hotel itself.

Being yelled at for someone else's irresponsible mistake or just because someone is having a bad day can take its toll on you. At the end of the day, DT by Hilton, Bristol is a delight to work at despite the incredibly low paycheck.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
Competitive and hard work for servers.
Walking is the hardest part and keeping customers satisfied.
very productive and friendly environment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: discounted room rates for friends and family
Cons: unset hours and days off
the Doubletree is a very nice and friendly environment. The staff is very polite and professional. We all enjoy meeting guest needs. The hardest part of this job is being sure to please our guest and keep them happy at all times. The customer is ALWAYS right!
nice place to work
Setting up banquet rooms as instructed by manager (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYAugust 1, 2014
friendly co-worker i learn the different ways to fold napkins
Poor working environment and training
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: can easily move up in positions
Cons: poor training, unorganized scheduling
Typical day at work:
-Clock in at the clock in station which was a 5min walk from my department
-As soon as I reach my department, I retrieve my bank from the Volt
-Take my bank to the frontdesk
-Start checking guests in and out

What I learned:
-PBX operating skills
-Hotel reservations

Management:
-Poor training when it came to the new staff members
-Management would pond new staff onto old staff members to learn skills
-Scheduling was always an issue because our department was overly staffed on slow days and understaffed on busy days

Co-workers:
-Co-workers were 50/50. Half of them were eager to help the new employees, the other half were very rude: (talking behind each others back at the workplace, not willing to help with training when management was not around)

Hardest part of the job:
-Assisting guests with reservations that were set up through third parties
-Finding guests other hotels after our hotel accepted their reservation but overbooked reservations at the same time

The most enjoyable part of the job:
-Being PBX operating (assisting guests on the phone, creating/cancelling reservations, creating vouchers for honored guests, companies, and events)
-Having the power to accommodate unsatisfied guests with perks the hotel has to offer.
It has a inside pool.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Collinsville, ILMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didn't make enough to purchase insurance.
You meet a lot of interesting people who stay at the hotel. The guests like the heat pool area. They have a lot of functions schedule at this hotel.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Jackson, TNFebruary 6, 2014
Loved the environment and my coworkers.Worked full time,management was great.The most enjoyable part was leaving customers happy and satisfied.
Fun Times.....
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHJanuary 2, 2014
I had lot of fun times while I was there, It thought me a lot about the business that will follow me the rest of my career..
Great atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Schaumburg, IllinoisDecember 2, 2013
Taught me administrative work in an entry level setting and prepared me for multiple lines of work helping me to be a well rounded and multi trained company assett.
Productive work place
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), tarrytown NYJanuary 22, 2013
At this job I learned a lot of perfecting my customer service skills.
Convention Center/Vacation fullservice hotel. Offering all amentities for an enjoyable stay,featuring an upscale steak house,breakfast cafe', banquet
F/B Director, Restaurant Mngr, Exec Chef (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: long hours
Employment at this company allowed me to meet and serve guests from many different backgrounds and with personal expectations. Every day offered a challenge I was always willing to accept positively. The Hilton offered ongoing support and training when needed. I was lucky enough to work with a great staff, all of us working towards the same achievable goals. The hardest part of the job was leaving a great team. Most enjoyable was going to work everyday, not feeling like it was "work", more like fulfilling my passion for the hospitality industry.
Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 27, 2012
Pros: location and team work!
Cons: somtimes we're severely understaffed
DoubleTree is a 298 room hotel located in the heart of 5 Points South/UAB area. A typical day would consist on an average of about 100 check-ins per day with more or less depending on events in town and/or scheduled in-house events. We have a front desk staff of 8 and 2 supervisors, along with a FOM and AFOM. Front desk supervisors bridge the gap between upper management and staff as well as guests. We also support and manage bellstaff (7) and parking attendants (4). Run daily reports attend staff and stand-up meetings. Relay Hilton and GM ideas and rules to staff. Also deliver superb guest satisfaction.
Extremely HOSTILE work environment
Catering & Events Director (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2012
Pros: the clients and customers are wonderful.
Cons: the upper management is terrible to work with.
The management team is unprofessional, manipulative, and overly emotionally dramatic. The women in upper management act as if they are in high school and treat employees poorly. There is a very high turnover rate due to employee abuse.