LOCATION: Double Zero – Chinook Mall
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Operating Partner
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
START DATE: Immediately
Join Double Zero’s team as Assistant Manager and put your breadth of hospitality experience to use in a fast-paced environment that offers continual career growth opportunity. As second-in-command of all front and back of house operations, the Assistant Manager is responsible for working alongside the General Manager to assist in overseeing and coordinating the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve set objectives. This role is responsible for providing support to successfully achieve all sales, costs, employee retention, guest services and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation objectives consistently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to the General Manager in achieving company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Understand completely all Double Zero policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with Double Zero’s policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions consistent with General Manager guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure the highest guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following Double Zero’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the Double Zero’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of Double Zero’s policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, provincial and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Provide support, advice and suggestions to General Manager as needed.
- Execute ad-hoc administrative and operational duties are required.
- Minimum 3 years of managerial experience in a similar role within a busy full service restaurant.
- Exceptional knowledge of industry best practices, service and food and beverage.
- Strong communication skills with ability to establish and develop relationships with employees, partners, vendors and customers.
- Experience analyzing restaurant operations, determining opportunities for improvement and making suggestions to increase productivity, customer services, safety and revenue while decreasing costs.
- Practised leadership skills in a hospitality environment and demonstrated ability to manage and train a team while positively influencing employee behaviour and development.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, control and composure in difficult and stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize efficient work schedules, delegate tasks and work effectively under pressure to achieve objectives.
- Experience handling personnel issues and executing performance management procedures including performance reviews, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to successfully delegate tasks and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player that leads by example and has demonstrated the ability to reliably execute or delegate work to meet objectives.
- Experience and knowledge of budget analysis methods, general accounting skills and ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Ability to fluently communicate in both written and verbal English.
- High School Diploma with basic math skills is required.
- Food Safe Certification is required.
- Proserve Certification is required.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be 18 years or older.
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Will remain open until suitable candidate is found
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Concorde’s requirements will be contacted.
All applicant information submitted will be reviewed by Salopek & Associates Ltd. and will remain in strict confidence.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.