Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MD8 November 2017
Great place to work with a very relaxed atmosphere. Employees are treated better here than any place I have ever worked. Pay is good and we also get quarterly bonuses as well as monthly incentives
Great Place to Advance
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL4 November 2017
It is a very competitive place to work. Great opportunity for advancement, You can have many careers in one company. There are a lot of benefits to the employee as well. Many opportunities for coaching and learning.You will soon learn that some departments are much better than others. However, there is much competition in every position, No matter how much you get paid, they expect you to work and nonstop. On a fun note, they even have health programs and diet challenges too make sure that you are the best you that you can be. If you enjoy working hard and taking a lot of stress from upper management to make you a better employee, this is the place for you!
Pros
great benefits, training courses, fun committees and programs. great insurance
Cons
micromanaged, overworked, lots of negative feedback, entry levels are low pay
Job security good benefits
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MD3 November 2017
Ok place to work long hours hard work unload and break down your own freight will work you to death great benefits not home much hard on family never around
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours barely any time off
Great place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN1 November 2017
Great long-term career opportunities. There is plenty of work, no lay-offs, fast pace work environment make long days/weeks go by pretty quick. The company culture is awesome. They have company picnics and holiday party's that are fun and inclusive.
Pros
benefits, compensation, management
Cons
regulated industry
Corporate bs
Delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Burley, ID29 October 2017
Worked for them for 7 years pretty much 24/7 365 Dot Foods not much of a home life then they terminate you because of a very stupid corporate rule made by someone sitting behind a desk
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
They claim you are him 2 days a week on the hiring sites but this is not true
Productive and fun work place
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN25 October 2017
The DOT Foods company has a great environment to work in with everyone in and apart of the work place always being friendly and welcoming to everyone who enters the business.
Ok place to work
full time order selector (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL17 October 2017
The job is very fast paste. If you go slow you will not make it. Good benefits, good pay for a starting job title. you get bonuses every once in a while. Free meals for safety performance standards. Very hard work though.
Pros
free meals, pay is good
Cons
Mandatory overtime when they are busy
Review
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL5 October 2017
Extremely physically demanding job. The pay is okay but the advancement opportunities are are limited in the current position I hold. This is not my usual line of work so I am looking to get back in to an office.
great place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN26 September 2017
Dot foods is a wonderful place to work I just need a local job to be able to help my wife out more with our family.... I loved the freedom of driving but long distances aren't going to work out for me and my family
Productive workplace, family orientated, constantly building on
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, IL22 September 2017
Depending on what job assigned, either picking orders for customers, filling the slots for picking orders, receiving product from suppliers, putting received product away, loading product on trailers to ship out to customers. I also filled the role of leadperson and assigned jobs to the workforce, either for receiving product or loading product, and taking calls from other departments within the plant.
Pros
Tvs in breakrooms, pool tables and ping pong tables in one breakroom
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Dot Foods, Inc.?

Ask a question
Fast paced, fun
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Burley, ID20 September 2017
Fast paced job, competitive. Great for staying fit and keeping your mind and body active. Paid competitive wages including Incentive Based Pay, giving you bonus money for working harder.
Pros
Bonus money
Cons
Long hours, heavy lifting
Otger
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, IL15 September 2017
Great family based company, fast pace work, great work environment, friendly workers and management. Great benefits and work ethic, very famimy oriented company
Different routes available
Customer Service delivery (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA6 September 2017
Dot Foods is a good company to work for. Dispatch is fair and will work with drivers to meet special needs. Local management supports drivers and will work with drivers.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Losing small company feel.
great company sad I had to leave
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, IN6 September 2017
Dot was a very good company for me to get my feet wet as a employee. I thrived in the atmosphere of being paid for exactly how much you did and how efficient you were. Bi weekly production bonuses were a thing of beauty.
Amazing company to work for!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OK27 August 2017
Family oriented business that believes in developing local communities and their employees. The culture is phenomenal with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Amazing company, fantastic culture, high involvement in the community, great benefits
Cons
Can be difficult to advance if you are not willing to relocate.
Not given enough hours
Gate Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, IL19 August 2017
I would not recommend to work there, they are only worried about warehouse workers and not anything else. They fire more employees than anyone in the area.
Horriable
picker, loader, unloader, receiver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK1 August 2017
This was the worst place I ever worked at. Harder you work, worse your treated. I would recommend this job to anyone. The way treated women worked was awful.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great workplace.
Customer Service Clerk/Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL 6235326 July 2017
A typical day at work I get to work 15 to 30 minutes early. Just in case something happens to my car. I enjoy working. I am a hard worker. Like getting new work given to me. I enjoy changes if need to my work. I know 10-key, data entry, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. I will do almost any type of work. Honestly I need a job.
Pros
Samples from distributors, great co-workers, team work excellent, fantastic bosses.
Positive attitude comes down from management
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GA23 July 2017
Great employee driven company. Trend setting! Excellent training keeps employees on cutting edge. Strict guidelines to job description and requirements keep you on tract...If you stay at Dot you will become the "elite" in your field...Vacation, Healthcare, 401k, quarterly bonuses and profit sharing really are compensation above and beyond yearly pay....Dot is a family owned business competing successfully in a cut throat corporate world.
Pros
Safety comes first
Cons
Tough work
Excellent place to work!!!
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN19 July 2017
The supervisors are all amazing and will work with you. It's an all around friendly environment and welcoming to any new people. There are always opportunities to move up.
Pros
Food discounts, insurance