Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive and motivational place to work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL13 February 2018
Everyday you knew what you had to do to get your job done. You log on to your computer and read the order and build pallets of orders for the customers. Making sure that all machines were in working order and you and others were always safe. I loved how it was so motivational that getting numbers anytime throughout your shift, so you can strive harder to maintain 95% production. I found myself challenging against the computer numbers instead of other people.
Pros
Great Benefits, HSA is an awesome plan to be in!
Cons
Management in the office is nothing like the management in warehouse., Management in the warehouse were awesome to work with.
Poor managemen with no attention to employee problems
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NY27 January 2018
I worked at dot foods for 1 year...in the first 3 months i had a work related injury...management did not care much and the kept bugging me to go back to full duty (unload the frieght wich can take up to 10 hrs on the dock), as a result i was put on light duty and got fraction of my pay...supervisors can get so rude and disrespectful...one of them hang up the phone on me twice ...i resgined the next day.

If you like being on the dock unloading and sorting products up to 10 hrs then you can go to dot.
Face pace and fun
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK20 January 2018
Dot was one of the best warehouse jobs I work. It was fast pace but had fun while working. Had excellent benefits. Meet a lot of good people working there.
Pros
Fast pace and fun
Cons
Freezer
fast paced
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD20 January 2018
fast paced, sometimes entertaining, casual business, goal oriented, the wages are very competitive, consistently changing, updates, benefits are very appealing.
Great culture, decent benefits, no work-life balance once you become a manager.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY15 January 2018
Pay was fair for the work I was supposed to do, but after I was asked to resign for incredibly vague reasons (which boiled down to the fact that I wasn't doing enough) I was literally replaced by 4 people.

My GM came from sales and business development, and, as in other industries, sales tends to have no idea how ops works.

Work, pay, and benefits are above average until you add "manager" to your title. Lower level employees are treated fantastically.
Pros
Benefits are above average. Good corporate culture.
Cons
Once in management I was expected to do the work of multiple of positions, Mangers are expected to perform inhuman amounts of work.
Fair wages good benifits
Warehouse Team Lead and Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL11 January 2018
For the most part its a fun fast pace job. Managers and leads are not afraid of work they would lay down right beside it and go to sleep. They will also throw you under a buss in a heart beat. And you heard the saying crape runs down hill you don' want to be at the bottom when things go wrong. 16 Years I gave this company just to be at the bottom of the hill. The co workers is what kept me there helpful,nice bunch of people for the most part.
Pros
10 Hr work days 4 days a week 3 days off
Cons
Lots of mandated overtime cannot plan a family life to far in advance
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD6 January 2018
Expanding, family owned, company. Very competitive in the industry as far as wages. Overtime available. Regular raises and market increases. Decent benefits and 401k match. Advancement opportunities. Pleanty of worker appreciation and perks. Comrade and fun. Hard work but good work out. Need to be quick but also accurate. Work in different environments (i.e. dry, cool, freezer).
Pros
Wages, benifits, and advancement
Cons
Freezer work sometimes, also a lot of physicle movement.
hated every minute
WAREHOUSE SHIPPING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN25 December 2017
The only advancement a female worker at DOT Foods is to sleep with management. The pay was good and the hours are not set you never get off on the set time. Management will make not promote you on your experience and performance.
Pros
moderate pay
Cons
under handed promotions
Amazing place for job
Picker (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL18 December 2017
I must lift more than 50 pounds during my job ,managing computer for picking products in the slots and bringing in the loading to send the customers.
Pros
own foods
Cons
2 breaks and 1 lunch time
Clean and professional work environment
Garage Technician. III (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY17 December 2017
DOT Foods is a family owned company who places a lot of emphasis on employee satisfaction. DOT also ensures a safe and professional work environment.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not alot of overtime opportunity
Great workplace
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL13 December 2017
A typical work day includes stretching out with your pod, getting into the appropriate work attire, logging onto your fork lift. The next step depends on what job is expected of you for the day, whether its order selecting, dragging, narrow aisle, receiving, or loading. Everything I know about the warehouse environment I learned from working at Dot! Management was wonderful to work with. They were very friendly and ready to help with any situation I brought to them. The workplace was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was in the beginning the physical demand that it had on your body. After a couple weeks the soreness went away and the physical labor became routine. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment. Always a friendly smile around the corner or welcoming greeting when you walked in the door every morning!
Pros
Benefits, Friendly coworkers, great pay
Cons
15 min breaks, hard manual labor
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL7 December 2017
Great place to work, benefits are good. Got along with most co-workers. Liked working night shift. Fair pay. Sanitation was a good place to start at in the company.
Great Job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD29 November 2017
Great place to work with great benefits. I would recommend this job to any of my friends. Great environment and awesome people to work with from your co workers to the GM.
Poor driver management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge Cty, IN25 November 2017
If you kiss butt you'll be ok. If you speak your mind and call management out about them lying to you your days will be numbered. You will be singled out and targeted by certain dispatch and the asst. Transportation mgr, there is a reason their turnover rate is pushing 40% in the cambridge city dc for drivers.
Pros
A job
Cons
Poor management
n/aa
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL15 November 2017
its a good job if u like working nights a having 3 das off or 4 days off learned a lot. pay is somewhat good u don't get holidays off except for Christmas and News eve or new years day off
Great company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MD8 November 2017
Great place to work with a very relaxed atmosphere. Employees are treated better here than any place I have ever worked. Pay is good and we also get quarterly bonuses as well as monthly incentives
Great Place to Advance
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL4 November 2017
It is a very competitive place to work. Great opportunity for advancement, You can have many careers in one company. There are a lot of benefits to the employee as well. Many opportunities for coaching and learning.You will soon learn that some departments are much better than others. However, there is much competition in every position, No matter how much you get paid, they expect you to work and nonstop. On a fun note, they even have health programs and diet challenges too make sure that you are the best you that you can be. If you enjoy working hard and taking a lot of stress from upper management to make you a better employee, this is the place for you!
Pros
great benefits, training courses, fun committees and programs. great insurance
Cons
micromanaged, overworked, lots of negative feedback, entry levels are low pay
Job security good benefits
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, MD3 November 2017
Ok place to work long hours hard work unload and break down your own freight will work you to death great benefits not home much hard on family never around
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours barely any time off
Great place to work!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN1 November 2017
Great long-term career opportunities. There is plenty of work, no lay-offs, fast pace work environment make long days/weeks go by pretty quick. The company culture is awesome. They have company picnics and holiday party's that are fun and inclusive.
Pros
benefits, compensation, management
Cons
regulated industry
Corporate bs
Delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Burley, ID29 October 2017
Worked for them for 7 years pretty much 24/7 365 Dot Foods not much of a home life then they terminate you because of a very stupid corporate rule made by someone sitting behind a desk
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
They claim you are him 2 days a week on the hiring sites but this is not true