Dot Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

Otger
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, IL15 September 2017
Great family based company, fast pace work, great work environment, friendly workers and management. Great benefits and work ethic, very famimy oriented company
great company sad I had to leave
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, IN6 September 2017
Dot was a very good company for me to get my feet wet as a employee. I thrived in the atmosphere of being paid for exactly how much you did and how efficient you were. Bi weekly production bonuses were a thing of beauty.
Amazing company to work for!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OK27 August 2017
Family oriented business that believes in developing local communities and their employees. The culture is phenomenal with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Amazing company, fantastic culture, high involvement in the community, great benefits
Cons
Can be difficult to advance if you are not willing to relocate.
Not given enough hours
Gate Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, IL19 August 2017
I would not recommend to work there, they are only worried about warehouse workers and not anything else. They fire more employees than anyone in the area.
Horriable
picker, loader, unloader, receiver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OK1 August 2017
This was the worst place I ever worked at. Harder you work, worse your treated. I would recommend this job to anyone. The way treated women worked was awful.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Great workplace.
Customer Service Clerk/Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL 6235326 July 2017
A typical day at work I get to work 15 to 30 minutes early. Just in case something happens to my car. I enjoy working. I am a hard worker. Like getting new work given to me. I enjoy changes if need to my work. I know 10-key, data entry, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. I will do almost any type of work. Honestly I need a job.
Pros
Samples from distributors, great co-workers, team work excellent, fantastic bosses.
Positive attitude comes down from management
Customer Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GA23 July 2017
Great employee driven company. Trend setting! Excellent training keeps employees on cutting edge. Strict guidelines to job description and requirements keep you on tract...If you stay at Dot you will become the "elite" in your field...Vacation, Healthcare, 401k, quarterly bonuses and profit sharing really are compensation above and beyond yearly pay....Dot is a family owned business competing successfully in a cut throat corporate world.
Pros
Safety comes first
Cons
Tough work
Excellent place to work!!!
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN19 July 2017
The supervisors are all amazing and will work with you. It's an all around friendly environment and welcoming to any new people. There are always opportunities to move up.
Pros
Food discounts, insurance
Family oriented
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL16 July 2017
Great place to work. Fast paced environment. 4 day work week it can be three day work week if you don't mind working every weekend. 2 weeks paid vacation when you start
Great company to work for.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD11 July 2017
Great driver training and over all great company.great equipment. Great mechanics that take care of you and your tractor. For the most part good people and co workers.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not the best home time.
Great workplace with ping pong and football tables and tvs
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Burley, ID30 June 2017
Really great area to work. Learn a lot new things. Will work in freezer as well. Learn new things. Must be productive and with safety always on your mind. But a great place to work
Productive and fast past but also understanding
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  University Park, IL26 June 2017
Amazing company. Great atmosphere for growth and development. They genuinely care about their employees. They also take pride in helping neighboring communities with many different charities.
Driver/Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY26 June 2017
Some managers are poor. If your unlucky to get a poor 1 then it is extremely poor and you'll hate it. In the pay range, you'll always get the lowest rate no matter exp.
Cons
Pay rate is always the lowest in the range they offer
Excellent Company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Burley, ID20 June 2017
This is probably as good as it gets as a truck driver. The pay is great and the benefits are amazing. The company is outstanding. It is a company with high expectations and standards. Like anywhere, some people in the organization are better than others.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding
Cons
It's still truck driving.
Good workplace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL13 June 2017
Very good company. Work is repetitive and freezer is very cold. Very flexible with work hours. Never really have mandatory overtime it is all voluntary overtime
worked for a short time (temp)
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MD12 June 2017
wish that i would of had a chance to be hired on by this company. I was there during there audit and the managers complimented me on my work. I loved the employess that I met and was happy that they worked for this company not sure if they hire felons.
Very hostile work environment
Assistant Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TN8 June 2017
I build all incoming and outbound loads to our DC. There are 13 DC's in the company. I did all PO Management for Transportation. Solved problems on a daily basis, while dispatching 76 drivers, timing their locations, routing their locations, and keeping all systems live and current.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No advancement possibilities
Dot Foods
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GA29 May 2017
A good job, fast paced atmosphere where you learn to work alone very quickly, using a manifest to correctly pick the products that the customers order to be shipped out
very strict place to work
Order Selector ,Forklift /Narrow Isle Operator (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NY24 May 2017
My work consists of stretching out in the mourning getting work assignment. Grabbing my lift doing a complete inspection of it and of all functions. Also making sure I'm warm enough for the frigid temperature of the freezer.
Great job if you don't get injured ..
Frozen warehouse order selector (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, IL22 May 2017
Good place to work until you get injured.. If you are injured there, then immediately consult a work comp attorney...Once you become injured you are nothing more than a number.
Cons
Don't get hurt, cause at that point you need to seek a work comp attorney, to make sure they don't take advantage of you, cause I know from experience that they will.