Dorian N. Persaud is a respected employment lawyer operating a boutique practice in downtown Toronto. Dorian advises employees, executives, small and medium sized businesses, First Nations, religious and other non-profit organizations, and is also regularly retained to conduct workplace investigations. The practice is built on providing creative legal solutions to employment issues including wrongful dismissals, harassment and human rights.
The Firm is looking for a talented Legal Assistant/Law Clerk with strong communication skills and experience in employment law and/or civil litigation. Also, competency in PC Law and preparing marketing materials would be strong assets. The individual will be in charge of:
- Communicating with clients
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Arranging delivery of legal correspondence to clients, opposing counsel and Court
- Scheduling mediations and examinations for discovery
- Drafting some legal documents, i.e. Affidavit of Documents
- Canadian University or College graduate
- Experience in employment law and/or litigation at a reputable firm
- High aptitude for writing and editing
- Demonstrates community involvement
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Please indicate “Legal Secretary/Law Clerk” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their response but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.