Donorworx Inc Employee Reviews

Great seasonal Work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2016
This job was the perfect employment opportunity to get paid while directly making the world a better place. The only drawback is that it was seasonal.
Great place to work, Management and training could have been better
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  crossiron mills mall30 December 2015
I absolutely loved the job and was very passionate about the work we were doing. Management did not do the proper training and expected more than was taught.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great employees
Cons
not proper training, management was not kind.
Great place to be. Feels more like a family than a company.
Manager of Campaign Excellence (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2015
I learned lots about people by working at donorworx. I think they have something very special going on and anyone that is chosen to be a part of it is truly blessed. What they do is very difficult but very worth while because they help charities raise funds to help people.
I was originally told that donorworx was build on honesty, integrity and love...and it is true.
I cherished my time at donorworx and working with some of the most amazing people ever has made me a better person.
Work for a great cause at a personal cost
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Although you can support great nonprofits and create global change it comes at cost.

hours are long and there is a lack of support in the field. promotions seem to be awarded to friends and don't forget to double check your pay stubs....
Pros
work to support a nonprofit
Cons
serious lack of support
Good cause, passionate people, goal oriented.
Mall Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2015
The people you work with are very inspirational. Most of them are passionate to work for a cause that helps others. There is consistant reminders and encouraging messages that help you stay motivated. The supervisors are friendly and helpful; they're ready to give you a motivational boost if you need it.
Great place to work, grow and make a difference!
campaign manager (Current Employee) –  Canada6 April 2015
Donorworx is a great organization to work with. If you're looking for short-term opportunities, they have it. If you are looking to grow within the organization, they have that too! Most importantly, it's a fun job that gives you the opportunity to work towards making a difference in the world and that's something special.

A typical day for a fundraiser would include working in the field (usually a mall) and standing at a booth to stop and talk to people about the charity we work with. As ambassadors of those charities, we set targets to be able to achieve them and support these charities to the best of our abilities.

You learn communication skills, you learn persuasion skills and most importantly you learn about how to interact with others. All of the skills that you learn with this job are skills that are transferable to anything you do in life!

Our management team is very supportive and are always there to help and ensure the success of our fundraisers and our campaigns. Most importantly, the people that you work with are like-minded passionate individuals who are there for the cause and to create change (not just the money). It's the best feeling to go into work knowing that you are surrounded by the passion and energy you need to be successful in your work.

The hardest part of the job is finding a way to encourage strangers to donate to charity. You deal with a lot of rejections and objections. Ultimately, you learn to find a way to inspire them to get involved. It's the toughest part of our job, but it's totally worth it because your asking for someone to
  more... be a part of changing the world. This is where your perseverance and your determination comes in! Don't give up!

Overall, an amazing place to work and great people to work with! Many opportunities available in a fast-paced and continuously growing environment! There are also many opportunities to travel across canada and globally! It takes effort and the right mindset, but with that you will find ways to ensure your success. Most importantly, if you put your mind to it, the sky is the limit! If you're looking for a job that will challenge you and push you outside of your comfort zone, this is the place to be!
Pros
Many opportunities to grow and to travel as well as flexible hours
Cons
Challenging work- but it's totally worth it!
A fun & exciting work environment for those who want a few hours a week AND those you want full time
Campaign Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2015
This is a job for someone who may want a few hours a week AND for someone who is looking for full time. If it is full time you want all you need to do is earn it! The opportunity is there!!
Donorworx is constantly growing and there is so much opportunity to advance and grow with the company!!!

You get the opportunity to meet so many amazing people along your journey. These are both people you work with (usually teams of 4-8) and people that you interact with at the booth (patrons in the mall).
You get the opportunity to work with an experienced Campaign Leader who will guide you, coach you, encourage and inspire you and work side by side with you through tough times and great times!

The schedules are made weekly and the hours are flexible!

You will learn so much about world issues, geography, history, the different ways people think, body language and more!!!

Donorworx practices ethical fundraising and takes pride in obtaining quality donors. Because of this you will be trained thoroughly to fund raise in an ethical and successful manner and will be treated like part of the family and feel valued at all times!
If you want to make an impact in our world, if you want to be part of a positive change than Donorworx is definitely a company worth checking out!!
Donorworx is a company where your opinion is worth something!
Pros
Great salary!, Lots of growth opportunity!, Fun and Energetic work environment!, Passionate and Dedicated co-workers!
Cons
You will have to stand during your entire shift, BUT your shifts go by fast because you have SO MUCH FUN!, There will be rejection BUT you WILL always have a lot of support, inspiration and encouragement!!
Life changing work
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONT10 March 2015
An excellent place to work for anyone with humanitarian interests. Excellent place to develop skills and become an strong communication oriented person. Great team feeling, must be able to rely on coworkers for successful work environment. Worked as a fundraiser in a mall environment means one is very exposed, but with extensive training and a supportive work environment/great campaign leaders, one can thrive. Must be self-motivated and strong willed. Excellent CEO and strong leaders, always available for support and coaching. A challenging and rewarding job!
Pros
Good pay, part-time/contract, flexible hours
Cons
contract to contract can be insecure work
Salary and other benefits
Fundraiser World Vision Canada (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2015
A good company with a very good cause, i enjoyed working with Donorworx as a fundraiser for Worldvision. not at all a easy job, requires true skills to perform and so we get paid for it. Working at airport or at malls both need different mind sets but the cause behind ur efforts will make you keep going.
Pros
good team leads, Salary
Cons
odd working hours
Great core value and humanitarian work, could be better communication
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 November 2014
Great core values, however poorly run. Typical day at work (only 4 - 5 hr shilft) - try to catch the eye of shoppers so you can talk to them about World Vision. If you can handle standing all day its great. I was hired for the last week and half of an already in progress campaign, so I never got much of chance to really get my feet wet, but I would of loved to have gotten one child sponsored. I am still on their payroll but they forgot about me for the next campaign. I think it is difficult to keep supervisors and team leaders because of the nature of the job being sub contractor, and being short 1 - 2 month campaigns. Rate of pay is great but not so much if they forget you work for them. I am still on their payroll but I don't have any shifts and I have not had a call from them to tell me what is going on. When I call , there is no return call, when I email, they send me a welcome to Donorworx email?????and tell me about training after the training is all over. Like I said I love what they stand for and who they are contracting with but just bad communication.
Pros
pay
Cons
standing all day
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Campaign Leader (Current Employee) –  Western Canada30 September 2014
if you are looking for a job that has a real impact on the world and challenges you work harder this is a great place to work. Surrounded by extremely passionate co-workers and management. This is the hardest job I have ever done but the most rewarding.
Job involves connecting with potential sponsors in a mall setting to help children in developing countries get the basic necessities to survive.
I have learned how to move out of my comfort zone and connect with people.
If you are applying for this job because it pays a bit more than other jobs you will not last. If you are applying for this job because you want to do something that has an impact on the world you will thrive in this environment.
Pros
Work with people who are passionate, inspiring, get to make a positive impact on people's lives
Cons
long hours of standing
Challenging and an excellent place to learn.
Fundraiser - World Vision (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC22 May 2014
Due to the nature of the job one encounters a variety of managers who bring with them a host of different managing styles and fundraising techniques. This makes the job both more difficult and rewarding as the ability to learn from more people quicker is present.
Work here only if you are a sub-contractor
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto23 March 2014
I thought Donorworx was going to be a good gig. The pay seems good, if you happen to get more than three hours a week.

However, they do not tax you nor do they tell you that you need to figure out the tax for yourself so that when tax time rolls around you know what you are doing.

So unless you are aware that you need to tax yourself, and know how to do so properly, do not take a job here. It's a huge headache for barely any experience or income.
Great cause; sadly, however, it is an unprofessional organization
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, B.C. Canada31 December 2013
Good luck getting paid on time, in full, and without a huge runaround, fundraisers! Before Donorworx can save "the precious children" they need to focus firstly on handling their affairs - and their employees - in a professional manner. Their two mall booths in Nanaimo, B.C. Canada closed without warning exactly two weeks before Christmas, 2013. I am personally still waiting - and fighting - to get paid for my first day of employment on November 28th - and here it is 32 days and counting later!
Great company
Campaign Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto/Barrie28 November 2013
Very professional and well organized for a face-to-face fundraising company.
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Decent wage, staff are treated well and are respected.
Pros
flexible hours, good staff, good leadership
Cons
standing all day
Fun Place to work, great employees
Traveling Campaign Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2013
Learnt so much, my co-workers are amazing and I love being out in the malls fundraising for World Vision and getting children sponsored is everyone priority .
Awesome learning experience and great job and people to work with. So inspiring.
fundraiser (Former Employee) –  promenade mall, on3 October 2013
This has to be one of my favorite jobs, and I am comparing it to places ive worked with my family or best friend. I was only 17 when I did a campaign last year, a very short one, but my god. The hearts of these people. They were INCREDIBLY kind, supporting, just great people. This job inspired me, the passion in these people!! I worked at the promenade, took me almost an hour to bus, but worth it. Sometimes people even drove me home. It was lovely. I took this for granted, but since I recently got a restaurant job, I realize being treated with such kindness and openess and respect by an employer is a rarity. Hoping to do another campaign this winter!
Pros
good pay, lovely people, great training, learning experience
Cons
standing long hours, having to say goodbye, difficult customers
loved this job
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Bellville,Ontario4 May 2012
I really enjoyed my employment with Donorworx in Bellville, as a fundraiser. I love speaking with the public, and I also enjoyed working with all the other fundraisers on my team.
Pros
i love the part time hours and great pay.
Cons
you ask for availability, but then it is not refected in the schedule, i had to decline my 2nd opportunity to work.