Donorworx Inc

Donorworx Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great core value and humanitarian work, could be better communication
Team Leader (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: standing all day
Great core values, however poorly run. Typical day at work (only 4 - 5 hr shilft) - try to catch the eye of shoppers so you can talk to them about World Vision. If you can handle standing all day its great. I was hired for the last week and half of an already in progress campaign, so I never got much of chance to really get my feet wet, but I would – more... of loved to have gotten one child sponsored. I am still on their payroll but they forgot about me for the next campaign. I think it is difficult to keep supervisors and team leaders because of the nature of the job being sub contractor, and being short 1 - 2 month campaigns. Rate of pay is great but not so much if they forget you work for them. I am still on their payroll but I don't have any shifts and I have not had a call from them to tell me what is going on. When I call , there is no return call, when I email, they send me a welcome to Donorworx email?????and tell me about training after the training is all over. Like I said I love what they stand for and who they are contracting with but just bad communication. – less
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Western CanadaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: work with people who are passionate, inspiring, get to make a positive impact on people's lives
Cons: long hours of standing
if you are looking for a job that has a real impact on the world and challenges you work harder this is a great place to work. Surrounded by extremely passionate co-workers and management. This is the hardest job I have ever done but the most rewarding.
Job involves connecting with potential sponsors in a mall setting to help children in developing – more... countries get the basic necessities to survive.
I have learned how to move out of my comfort zone and connect with people.
If you are applying for this job because it pays a bit more than other jobs you will not last. If you are applying for this job because you want to do something that has an impact on the world you will thrive in this environment. – less
Challenging and an excellent place to learn.
Fundraiser - World Vision (Former Employee), Victoria BCMay 22, 2014
Due to the nature of the job one encounters a variety of managers who bring with them a host of different managing styles and fundraising techniques. This makes the job both more difficult and rewarding as the ability to learn from more people quicker is present.
Work here only if you are a sub-contractor
Fundraiser (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 23, 2014
I thought Donorworx was going to be a good gig. The pay seems good, if you happen to get more than three hours a week.

However, they do not tax you nor do they tell you that you need to figure out the tax for yourself so that when tax time rolls around you know what you are doing.

So unless you are aware that you need to tax yourself, and know how – more... to do so properly, do not take a job here. It's a huge headache for barely any experience or income. – less
Great cause; sadly, however, it is an unprofessional organization
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, B.C. CanadaDecember 31, 2013
Good luck getting paid on time, in full, and without a huge runaround, fundraisers! Before Donorworx can save "the precious children" they need to focus firstly on handling their affairs - and their employees - in a professional manner. Their two mall booths in Nanaimo, B.C. Canada closed without warning exactly two weeks before Christmas, 2013. I am – more... personally still waiting - and fighting - to get paid for my first day of employment on November 28th - and here it is 32 days and counting later! – less
Great company
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto/BarrieNovember 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good staff, good leadership
Cons: standing all day
Very professional and well organized for a face-to-face fundraising company.
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Decent wage, staff are treated well and are respected.
Fun Place to work, great employees
Traveling Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Learnt so much, my co-workers are amazing and I love being out in the malls fundraising for World Vision and getting children sponsored is everyone priority .
Awesome learning experience and great job and people to work with. So inspiring.
fundraiser (Former Employee), promenade mall, onOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, lovely people, great training, learning experience
Cons: standing long hours, having to say goodbye, difficult customers
This has to be one of my favorite jobs, and I am comparing it to places ive worked with my family or best friend. I was only 17 when I did a campaign last year, a very short one, but my god. The hearts of these people. They were INCREDIBLY kind, supporting, just great people. This job inspired me, the passion in these people!! I worked at the promenade, – more... took me almost an hour to bus, but worth it. Sometimes people even drove me home. It was lovely. I took this for granted, but since I recently got a restaurant job, I realize being treated with such kindness and openess and respect by an employer is a rarity. Hoping to do another campaign this winter! – less
loved this job
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Bellville,OntarioMay 4, 2012
Pros: i love the part time hours and great pay.
Cons: you ask for availability, but then it is not refected in the schedule, i had to decline my 2nd opportunity to work.
I really enjoyed my employment with Donorworx in Bellville, as a fundraiser. I love speaking with the public, and I also enjoyed working with all the other fundraisers on my team.
Hard work for a great cause
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Los AngelesDecember 11, 2014
Pros: mission, values, team work, ceo
Cons: stand up for hours
- It's the hardest job you'll ever love. You stand up for hours seeking sponsors for kids who aren't as privileged as kids in America. You'll get rejected often and sometimes not so politely, yet it's so rewarding every time you get to connect a kid with a sponsor.
Interesting Way to enter a new field and to Challenge Myself
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: challenging me to get out of my comfort zone (as mentioned above).
Cons: getting two sponsors during each shift.
I just recently began with the company, and found it will be more challenging and interesting for me than I thought. Donorworx is working with World Vision International out of Federal Way, WA to bring to this country a new way of recruiting people to support their outreach programs for children in other countries by having booths at major shopping – more... malls in the US and providing information about the program to passersby, and inviting them to become sponsors of children.

It will be challenging for me, because it will ask me to get out of my comfort zone and ask people for what I need (for them to become sponsors) as each staff is required to sign up two sponsors during each of their shifts. – less
Productive and fun
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: changing lives.
Cons: lack of organization and sometimes communication.
The job with donorwox is very rewarding. Although it may be hard and difficult the outcome is far grater than the hardship. Everyone is great to work with. However, the company is growing very rapidly and still has a way to go regarding organization.
Productive and fun working environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: 30 minute lunch break, awesome co-workers
Cons: the fundraiser campaign ended
Engage potential sponsors in conversation about charitably sponsoring a child from a third-world country. Register the supporter for sponsorship on a hand-held device. Set-up kiosk at open and close.

About Donorworx Inc

Donorworx is North America’s leading face-to-face, experiential fundraising organization. We offer careers where giving – Read more