Donorworx Inc

Donorworx Inc Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun & exciting work environment for those who want a few hours a week AND those you want full time
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great salary!, Lots of growth opportunity!, Fun and Energetic work environment!, Passionate and Dedicated co-workers!
Cons: You will have to stand during your entire shift, BUT your shifts go by fast because you have SO MUCH FUN!, There will be rejection BUT you WILL always have a lot of support, inspiration and encouragement!!
This is a job for someone who may want a few hours a week AND for someone who is looking for full time. If it is full time you want all you need to do is earn it! The opportunity is there!!
Donorworx is constantly growing and there is so much opportunity to advance and grow with the company!!!

You get the opportunity to meet so many amazing people along your journey. These are both people you work with (usually teams of 4-8) and people that you interact with at the booth (patrons in the mall).
You get the opportunity to work with an experienced Campaign Leader who will guide you, coach you, encourage and inspire you and work side by side with you through tough times and great times!

The schedules are made weekly and the hours are flexible!

You will learn so much about world issues, geography, history, the different ways people think, body language and more!!!

Donorworx practices ethical fundraising and takes pride in obtaining quality donors. Because of this you will be trained thoroughly to fund raise in an ethical and successful manner and will be treated like part of the family and feel valued at all times!
If you want to make an impact in our world, if you want to be part of a positive change than Donorworx is definitely a company worth checking out!!
Donorworx is a company where your opinion is worth something!
Life changing work
Fundraiser (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONTMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good pay, part-time/contract, flexible hours
Cons: contract to contract can be insecure work
An excellent place to work for anyone with humanitarian interests. Excellent place to develop skills and become an strong communication oriented person. Great team feeling, must be able to rely on coworkers for successful work environment. Worked as a fundraiser in a mall environment means one is very exposed, but with extensive training and a supportive work environment/great campaign leaders, one can thrive. Must be self-motivated and strong willed. Excellent CEO and strong leaders, always available for support and coaching. A challenging and rewarding job!
Salary and other benefits
Fundraiser World Vision Canada (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good team leads, salary
Cons: odd working hours
A good company with a very good cause, i enjoyed working with Donorworx as a fundraiser for Worldvision. not at all a easy job, requires true skills to perform and so we get paid for it. Working at airport or at malls both need different mind sets but the cause behind ur efforts will make you keep going.
Great core value and humanitarian work, could be better communication
Team Leader (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: standing all day
Great core values, however poorly run. Typical day at work (only 4 - 5 hr shilft) - try to catch the eye of shoppers so you can talk to them about World Vision. If you can handle standing all day its great. I was hired for the last week and half of an already in progress campaign, so I never got much of chance to really get my feet wet, but I would of loved to have gotten one child sponsored. I am still on their payroll but they forgot about me for the next campaign. I think it is difficult to keep supervisors and team leaders because of the nature of the job being sub contractor, and being short 1 - 2 month campaigns. Rate of pay is great but not so much if they forget you work for them. I am still on their payroll but I don't have any shifts and I have not had a call from them to tell me what is going on. When I call , there is no return call, when I email, they send me a welcome to Donorworx email?????and tell me about training after the training is all over. Like I said I love what they stand for and who they are contracting with but just bad communication.
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Western CanadaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: work with people who are passionate, inspiring, get to make a positive impact on people's lives
Cons: long hours of standing
if you are looking for a job that has a real impact on the world and challenges you work harder this is a great place to work. Surrounded by extremely passionate co-workers and management. This is the hardest job I have ever done but the most rewarding.
Job involves connecting with potential sponsors in a mall setting to help children in developing countries get the basic necessities to survive.
I have learned how to move out of my comfort zone and connect with people.
If you are applying for this job because it pays a bit more than other jobs you will not last. If you are applying for this job because you want to do something that has an impact on the world you will thrive in this environment.
Challenging and an excellent place to learn.
Fundraiser - World Vision (Former Employee), Victoria BCMay 22, 2014
Due to the nature of the job one encounters a variety of managers who bring with them a host of different managing styles and fundraising techniques. This makes the job both more difficult and rewarding as the ability to learn from more people quicker is present.
Work here only if you are a sub-contractor
Fundraiser (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 23, 2014
I thought Donorworx was going to be a good gig. The pay seems good, if you happen to get more than three hours a week.

However, they do not tax you nor do they tell you that you need to figure out the tax for yourself so that when tax time rolls around you know what you are doing.

So unless you are aware that you need to tax yourself, and know how to do so properly, do not take a job here. It's a huge headache for barely any experience or income.
Great cause; sadly, however, it is an unprofessional organization
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, B.C. CanadaDecember 31, 2013
Good luck getting paid on time, in full, and without a huge runaround, fundraisers! Before Donorworx can save "the precious children" they need to focus firstly on handling their affairs - and their employees - in a professional manner. Their two mall booths in Nanaimo, B.C. Canada closed without warning exactly two weeks before Christmas, 2013. I am personally still waiting - and fighting - to get paid for my first day of employment on November 28th - and here it is 32 days and counting later!
Great company
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto/BarrieNovember 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good staff, good leadership
Cons: standing all day
Very professional and well organized for a face-to-face fundraising company.
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Decent wage, staff are treated well and are respected.
Fun Place to work, great employees
Traveling Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Learnt so much, my co-workers are amazing and I love being out in the malls fundraising for World Vision and getting children sponsored is everyone priority .
Awesome learning experience and great job and people to work with. So inspiring.
fundraiser (Former Employee), promenade mall, onOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, lovely people, great training, learning experience
Cons: standing long hours, having to say goodbye, difficult customers
This has to be one of my favorite jobs, and I am comparing it to places ive worked with my family or best friend. I was only 17 when I did a campaign last year, a very short one, but my god. The hearts of these people. They were INCREDIBLY kind, supporting, just great people. This job inspired me, the passion in these people!! I worked at the promenade, took me almost an hour to bus, but worth it. Sometimes people even drove me home. It was lovely. I took this for granted, but since I recently got a restaurant job, I realize being treated with such kindness and openess and respect by an employer is a rarity. Hoping to do another campaign this winter!
loved this job
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Bellville,OntarioMay 4, 2012
Pros: i love the part time hours and great pay.
Cons: you ask for availability, but then it is not refected in the schedule, i had to decline my 2nd opportunity to work.
I really enjoyed my employment with Donorworx in Bellville, as a fundraiser. I love speaking with the public, and I also enjoyed working with all the other fundraisers on my team.

About Donorworx Inc

Donorworx is North America’s leading face-to-face, experiential fundraising organization. We offer careers where giving – Read more