Donorworx Inc

Donorworx Inc Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Western CanadaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: work with people who are passionate, inspiring, get to make a positive impact on people's lives
Cons: long hours of standing
if you are looking for a job that has a real impact on the world and challenges you work harder this is a great place to work. Surrounded by extremely passionate co-workers and management. This is the hardest job I have ever done but the most rewarding.
Job involves connecting with potential sponsors in a mall setting to help children in developing – more... countries get the basic necessities to survive.
I have learned how to move out of my comfort zone and connect with people.
If you are applying for this job because it pays a bit more than other jobs you will not last. If you are applying for this job because you want to do something that has an impact on the world you will thrive in this environment. – less
Challenging and an excellent place to learn.
Fundraiser - World Vision (Former Employee), Victoria BCMay 22, 2014
Due to the nature of the job one encounters a variety of managers who bring with them a host of different managing styles and fundraising techniques. This makes the job both more difficult and rewarding as the ability to learn from more people quicker is present.
Work here only if you are a sub-contractor
Fundraiser (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 23, 2014
I thought Donorworx was going to be a good gig. The pay seems good, if you happen to get more than three hours a week.

However, they do not tax you nor do they tell you that you need to figure out the tax for yourself so that when tax time rolls around you know what you are doing.

So unless you are aware that you need to tax yourself, and know how – more... to do so properly, do not take a job here. It's a huge headache for barely any experience or income. – less
Great cause; sadly, however, it is an unprofessional organization
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, B.C. CanadaDecember 31, 2013
Good luck getting paid on time, in full, and without a huge runaround, fundraisers! Before Donorworx can save "the precious children" they need to focus firstly on handling their affairs - and their employees - in a professional manner. Their two mall booths in Nanaimo, B.C. Canada closed without warning exactly two weeks before Christmas, 2013. I am – more... personally still waiting - and fighting - to get paid for my first day of employment on November 28th - and here it is 32 days and counting later! – less
Great company
Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto/BarrieNovember 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, good staff, good leadership
Cons: standing all day
Very professional and well organized for a face-to-face fundraising company.
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Decent wage, staff are treated well and are respected.
Fun Place to work, great employees
Traveling Campaign Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2013
Learnt so much, my co-workers are amazing and I love being out in the malls fundraising for World Vision and getting children sponsored is everyone priority .
Awesome learning experience and great job and people to work with. So inspiring.
fundraiser (Former Employee), promenade mall, onOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good pay, lovely people, great training, learning experience
Cons: standing long hours, having to say goodbye, difficult customers
This has to be one of my favorite jobs, and I am comparing it to places ive worked with my family or best friend. I was only 17 when I did a campaign last year, a very short one, but my god. The hearts of these people. They were INCREDIBLY kind, supporting, just great people. This job inspired me, the passion in these people!! I worked at the promenade, – more... took me almost an hour to bus, but worth it. Sometimes people even drove me home. It was lovely. I took this for granted, but since I recently got a restaurant job, I realize being treated with such kindness and openess and respect by an employer is a rarity. Hoping to do another campaign this winter! – less
loved this job
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Bellville,OntarioMay 4, 2012
Pros: i love the part time hours and great pay.
Cons: you ask for availability, but then it is not refected in the schedule, i had to decline my 2nd opportunity to work.
I really enjoyed my employment with Donorworx in Bellville, as a fundraiser. I love speaking with the public, and I also enjoyed working with all the other fundraisers on my team.
Challenging Position
Campaign Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 10, 2013
Pros: helping others, working with wonderful causes
Cons: long hours standing
Great Company that does a wonderful job at helping other organizations acquire sponsorships and donors.

The position is very challenging in terms of sales quotas and the emotion that goes into speaking with dozens of people a day on both a professional and emotional level in order to acquire interest in supporting non-profits in their life saving goals.

Overall, – more... if you want to help others and get paid for it, then it definitely a place to consider working. – less
Interesting Way to enter a new field and to Challenge Myself
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: challenging me to get out of my comfort zone (as mentioned above).
Cons: getting two sponsors during each shift.
I just recently began with the company, and found it will be more challenging and interesting for me than I thought. Donorworx is working with World Vision International out of Federal Way, WA to bring to this country a new way of recruiting people to support their outreach programs for children in other countries by having booths at major shopping – more... malls in the US and providing information about the program to passersby, and inviting them to become sponsors of children.

It will be challenging for me, because it will ask me to get out of my comfort zone and ask people for what I need (for them to become sponsors) as each staff is required to sign up two sponsors during each of their shifts. – less
Productive and fun
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: changing lives.
Cons: lack of organization and sometimes communication.
The job with donorwox is very rewarding. Although it may be hard and difficult the outcome is far grater than the hardship. Everyone is great to work with. However, the company is growing very rapidly and still has a way to go regarding organization.
Productive and fun working environment
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: 30 minute lunch break, awesome co-workers
Cons: the fundraiser campaign ended
Engage potential sponsors in conversation about charitably sponsoring a child from a third-world country. Register the supporter for sponsorship on a hand-held device. Set-up kiosk at open and close.

About Donorworx Inc

Donorworx is North America’s leading face-to-face, experiential fundraising organization. We offer careers where giving – Read more