Donor Direct Consulting Employee Reviews

Great Active Job for Students and Parents
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
This job was an easy transitioning for me, you're surrounded by like minded individuals and immersed into a cool and calm environment. The job itself is pretty straight forward and easily manageable when prepared for. The people are great and easy to talk to, and this job doesn't only emphasize on communication but also an opportunity to build on tolerance, empathy and many other social skills that allot of people may be looking to work towards.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy job entry
Cons
Compromising weather, Canvassing can be an acquired taste
Great Company and Casual Job
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2016
This is a great opportunity with good company. They are flexible, accommodating and provide good compensation and incentives. It is also fantastic to have meaningful conversations and support a non profit while working. I found that the good conversations would make up for people often being uninterested in talking with a canvasser. People, even those saying no, were friendly and nice. I would encourage individuals nervous about “selling” to just give it a shot and would recommend this job for people who enjoy talking with others and walking.
Pros
Good compensation and wage increases, light exercise and outdoors, social and team environment
Cons
Evenings only, and outside in all weather
Great for students
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
There are good people who make your job feel rewarding. It makes you step out of your comfort zone if you're not used to sales or approaching strangers but for me turned out to be very good for personal growth. You do, however, have to handle rejection well to work for a long period of time but it is easier to handle since it is for charity. Pay was quite generous and there are other small incentives.
Pros
Fun and flexible
Cons
Rejections
Engaging and rewarding job
Canvasser & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2016
Although at times psychologically challenging because there's so much rejection with canvassing, overall it was very rewarding getting so many people involved in a good charity, and hearing first hand how what you're doing is making a real difference. The job isn't boring or tedious, every person you talk to is different, so interest is maintained. Working outside is definitely a plus. Management was very understanding and accommodating. I felt valued as an employee and there was opportunity for advancement.
Pros
fun and interesting
Cons
there's a lot of rejection
Great Summer Job, especially for students
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Canvassing was definitely a new type of job for me but the team leaders employed are great with coaching and helping you out on the first few doors. It's not an easy job, but you get what you put in. I liked how the pay is an hourly pay vs. commission, especially since we were canvassing for a charity. You get small prizes like cinema tickets for doing a good job and pay bumps are quite frequent and generous. It does take up the majority of the day, but you choose which days you want to work. Overall, I enjoyed the job!