Northern Canadian City
Our client a National Retail based business located in a Northern Canadian City, is currently looking for an experienced Store manager to lead their retail team. As the Store manager reporting directly to the General Manager. As a key part of the Management team you will work very closely with the General Manager in the management and control of the Grocery department with the primary responsibilities focusing on the various retail activities of the business. The Grocery Manager’s key accountabilities are to oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Grocery/Stock and File Maintenance departments; supervision and the training and development of staff; achieving specific financial performance targets of the departments, and providing excellent member service. This position is located in a Northern Canadian City and offers all the amenities and feel of a big city. Salary band , compensation and relocation packages are outstanding.
Provides leadership and management to the personnel in the grocery/stock departments;
Works in conjunction with all departments and department managers;
Maintains internal relationships with all staff and department managers;
Maintains external relationships with members, suppliers, stakeholders, industry organizations and media.
Ensure that all established policy and procedure is adhered to as determined by the General Manager. Any deviations to policy and/or procedure must be communicated to the General Manager.
Developing marketing and merchandising programs to maximize sales targets;
Controlling expenses to ensure that resources are effectively utilized;
Effectively administer corporate policies and procedures to ensure profitability i.e.: ordering, best before dates, inventory control and merchandising product.
Conducting weekly price checks to ensure the business remains competitive;
The development of systems to ensure that the cost of goods is controlled;
Adherence to accounting procedures when processing invoices and claims;
The maintenance of price integrity with the point of sale system.
Ensuring staff have a clear understanding of their job descriptions, expectations, policies and procedures as well as goals/programs;
Provide leadership, coaching, training and development to staff
A dedicated and proven leader with a Minimum of five years related experience in a Supervisory/Management role in food or non-food operations
2 yrs. experience working with inventory, order stock and pricing to achieve gross margins
- 2-5 yrs. of experience /knowledge Progressive knowledge and experience in the industry including competition, trends and understanding the market place
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to hire, train, motivate, evaluate, correct, develop, and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of financial management/reporting including a good understanding of profit and loss management
- Strong communication and presentation skills, excellent customer service and problem solving skills, Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in the operation and administration of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems. Proficient in office software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential
Indeed - 21 months ago