We represent a client in the hospitality industry who is currently recruiting for an experienced Catering Manager in Saskatoon, SK. An individual with a creative mind and knack for prospecting and sales. You must be a strong people person with above average communication skills and the ability to seek out and develop new business opportunities. You’re a financial wiz with experience working with forecasting and costing for large corporate budgets. A meticulous individual with a strong understanding of contracts and revenues and how they mesh together. If you are an outgoing and driven individual with a passion for event planning, catering and running very large conferences then please send in your resume for consideration.
- Actively sources new business and catering events opportunities through creative prospecting.
- Researches and obtains information to develops new products designed to increase quality options to our clients
- Ensures that there are strategic action plans to enhance the operation of the Conference Services, and Catering Divisions remaining in line with strategic plans.
- Responsible for the entire catering and event budget for the organization
- Forecasts, plans and prepares all the catering and event financial reporting on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Works closely with the Director of Sales to ensure all contractual terms agreed upon have been secured in a manner that will maximizes function space for the highest profitability of the hotel and return the best customer experience.
- Actively cross sells other organizations products and services to potential clients in order to maximize the best client experience for our customers
- Enforces , maintains and reviews on a regular basis the guidelines for booking
- Leads all monthly meetings
- Works closely with clients to ensure that all departments relative to the client’s event or function meets their expectations prior, throughout and after the event has taken place.
- Actively involved in development of leading edge menus, wine lists, service delivery and standards for Catering and Banquets.
- Proactively participate in community activities and outreach as a representative of Fairmont.
- Participates and manages all health & safety guidelines and city by-laws
- Ensures that all related departments receive adequate resource support and accurate details to each client/events’ expectations.
- Remains an active member of the Food and Beverage Department and head meetings to monitor
- Develops, energizes and leads a motivated, competent and cohesive team consistent with corporate needs.
- 3 -4 years of experience in Hotel Catering Management or Sales Management
- Experience working in the Food and Beverage Industry 3 – 4 years
- Assertive, professional and positive manager with a proven track record in mentoring and leading successful teams
- Proven track record in the planning and organizing of special events, conferences and banquets Experience in Food & Beverage with broad operational knowledge
- Working knowledge of Sales & Catering, Property Manager and Windows based applications required
- CMP certification would be deemed an asset but not required
- Experience with Financials, Annual budget and monthly forecasting an asset
- Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or related discipline an asset
If you feel you have the skills match, ambition and drive that matches those as set out here by our client, please feel free to submit your resume to Tanesha or Kelly.
Indeed - 18 months ago