The Donalda Golf & Country Club, established in 1960, is one of Canada’s most distinguished, private family clubs with valued traditions and prestige. We combine a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities with uncompromising service to our members. Located at Don Mills and York Mills, the Donalda Golf & Country Club is easily accessible by both bus and subway and only five minutes from Highway 401/404. This year round multi-activity facility is tucked away on a 200-acre ravine property- a quiet enclave of lush gardens, distinguished by its charming clubhouse and its beautifully landscaped and spacious grounds set in the Don Valley. The club offers golf, tennis, squash, fitness, curling, swimming facilities and social activities to its members.
At Donalda Golf & Country Club we possess a strong senior management team and a solid foundation of staff to build on. The atmosphere is very friendly and the General Manager and his team make sure members feel that their experience is extra special.
Our Clubhouse Department is seeking an energetic and team-oriented individual to work as a Cabana Attendant. This is a seasonal position requiring shift work including evenings and weekends and holidays starting May 18, 2013 to September 2, 2013.
Under the supervision and direction of the Head Lifeguard, the Cabana Attendant will perform his/her duties to ensure that members enjoy their experience at the pool by providing services and ensuring a clean and sanitary change room, wet area and washroom. In addition, the incumbent will also make sure that all supplies are available for member use including towels and toiletry products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform regular cleaning duties to maintain a clean and sanitary Cabana area including change rooms, wet areas and washrooms to enhance the experience of members and guests
- Inspect various areas in the Cabana to ensure supplies are always stocked and available for member use
- Maintains a satisfactory supply of towels for guests by performing towel duties including rolling and storing towels
- Ensures that all guests and members sign in to ensure all counts are accurately reported
- Keeps the Head Lifeguard up to date on the Cabana by reporting all activities
- Respond to emergency as specified in the Health and Safety training in a professional and calm manner
- Perform routine inspections to ensure all equipment in the cabana is working in a satisfactory manner
- Handles member complaints or questions in a courteous and professional manner or notify Head Lifeguard
- Report any maintenance or sanitary problems that occurs in the Cabana to the Head Lifeguard or Clubhouse manager to ensure fast reactive actions are taken
- Enforces all Cabana rules established by Donalda Golf & Country Club Management to ensure members oblige the Club’s policy
- Perform various duties to ensure that the Cabana is safe and free of debris and wet area to minimize the chance of an injury
- Performs any additional duties as specified by the Head Lifeguard, assistant lifeguard or Clubhouse Manager
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Completion of High School Education (Grade 12) is required
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining composure and performance standard during busy peak periods
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills is required
- Must be comfortable working outdoor and indoor in damp, wet conditions
- Must be comfortable cleaning all features of washrooms and showers
- Must be able to perform lifting and mild strenuous activity
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be well-groomed, mannerly, friendly and team oriented to ensure a good experience for members and guests (team player)
Fluent in English (Oral & Written)
- Hourly wage plus bonus
- Complimentary duty meal per shift
- Complimentary parking
- Flexible work schedule up to 35 to 40 hours per week
- Uniform provided by the Club
- Accessible by TTC
- May 18, 2013 to September 2, 2013
Those individuals, who are interested in applying, please complete the Online Application form on our website at www.donaldaclub.ca.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.