Donald’s Fine Foods is a family owned company providing specialty meat procurement, processing, and distribution of our quality products and services from three sites to customers in Western Canadian and International Markets. Our production and distribution facilities work in partnership to deliver an exceptional product.
Donald’s Fine Foods has built the business around our mission and core values of integrity, quality, innovation, superior customer service and our dedicated staff.
We currently have an opportunity in our IT Department for a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who would be a positive addition to our dedicated staff.
The Junior System Administrator would work as part of our current IT employee base assisting all of DFF’s staff with desktops issues (on site and remote assistance), system and network administration, Printers, network ready devices support. Our current computer network consists of over 150 workstations and servers spanning three different locations, Richmond, B.C., Langley B.C. and Moose Jaw, SK.
Donald’s Fine Foods offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation package, excellent employee benefit program, RRSP and an employee development plan including, regular performance feedback, a comprehensive development/improvement process, recognition for your team and individual accomplishments and specific developmental activities to ensure continued learning and development.
We require a self motivated, independent individual who can assist in the upkeep of the corporate IT infrastructure with confidence and a professional attitude. This individual is someone who thrives in a challenging, productive environment built on respectful collaboration and will strive to complete tasks promptly and adhere to deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintenance of key servers and network infrastructure.
- Provide first level support for end-users
- Performs daily operations and routines of maintaining, managing and supporting systems
- As part of the IT team, your input in design and deployment would be required
- Assist in monitoring network traffic, usage and performance using available toolkits
- Provide technical support and training to users as needed in software and in-house systems.
- Identify, resolve, and track technical problems in a timely manner.
- Responsible for backup rotation scheme and Backup Exec management
- Create and maintain manuals / documentation for software, hardware and network administration.
- Provide support via remote access, email, phone, and others
- Proactively improve knowledge of hardware/software through self-studying and research.
- Strong understanding of Ethernet networks / firewalls / routing / VLANS
- Active Directory / GPO / replication
- Strong Microsoft Window Server 2003/2008 and Desktop OS skills
- Experience with the following:
o Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 setup and deployment
o VMware ESX and Virtual Machine operations, backup processes
o SAN / virtualization
o Firewall and Spam Filters (Sonicwalls firewall and Symantec spam filter)
o Multi-site VPN
o Network security and vulnerabilities
o Microsoft SQL Server Administration
o DFS, File Replication and Branch Cache functions
- University/College degree/diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills with the attention to detail, efficient, committed to deadlines
- Able to follow instructions, written or oral
- Must be highly fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and have patience when supporting non-technical users
- Must be able to work weekends and nights when needed and scheduled
- Must be willing and able to travel to all three locations including our out of province plant on scheduled site visits
Donald’s Fine Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Please note only those most suited to our requirements will be contacted.
To apply, please forward your resume along with your qualifications no later than May 30, 2014.