Domtar Employee Review

Strange and bizzare place to work
electrician (Former Employee) –  espanola ontario2 August 2013
I worked here as an electrician. They rotate you through different departments every 4 months before they put you on shift. I had no problems in the first dept and enjoyed working with the people and the bosses.
When I was sent to a new dept after about 4 weeks my boss went to all my previous coworkers to see if there were any faults in me and my work. Amazingly my coworkers who I thought were my friends were overflowing in there condemnations.
In my 25yr career I have never experienced such psychological warfare. I refused to sign a very restrictive contract for my employment, and because of this was fired.
Another bizarre aspect of the company is the fact that there is a
n a z i shrine in the basement.
If you have a heart of stone and are a chameleon then this is your company. I would recommend sticking to Sudbury Jobs.
Pros
occasional gift cards given good wage
Cons
schizophrenic management style.

Other Domtar Employee Reviews

Loved every minute
Operator /Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON11 December 2017
great job lots of room for advancement if you wanted it.
great guys good benefits.

shortage of work layoffs.
company being sold causing layoffs again.
Pros
working
Cons
not working
Winder operator
Winder operator (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ON30 November 2017
I worked at domtar pulp and paper for 6 years and I found that it was slowly going downhill with maintenance and management,it did pay well and had good benefits but I found that it would not be a job I'd want for life.