DOMTAR

DOMTAR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to Work
Millwright (Current Employee), Dryden OntarioJanuary 5, 2015
I love my job as a millwright I have been considering finding employment in the US for many years now and have decided to try now while I am still young. I feel that Domtar has a very competitive pay scale and are very fair to the workers.
Good Place to work
Operator (Former Employee), Prescott, ONMarch 19, 2014
Work 3 shifts being able to run different machines and make good products
Domtar - Stable environment
Analyste technique (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2013
A typical day of work is answering all calls from internal clients and replying to their request and incidents via email and resolving their issues as much as possible unless it needs to be transfered to second level.

The management is ok but too severe for its own good. Being strick is a good thing but abusing it can be harmful for your employee's moral.

The team I work with is amazing, we learn from each other allot.

Moving up the ladder in this enterprise is close to impossible, they are not an IT company and it shows.
Excellent company and IT environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 9, 2013
ILM

ECM

SAP Archiving

Sharepoint

People working at Domtar are great!
Strange and bizzare place to work
electrician (Former Employee), espanola ontarioAugust 2, 2013
Pros: occasional gift cards given good wage
Cons: schizophrenic management style.
I worked here as an electrician. They rotate you through different departments every 4 months before they put you on shift. I had no problems in the first dept and enjoyed working with the people and the bosses.
When I was sent to a new dept after about 4 weeks my boss went to all my previous coworkers to see if there were any faults in me and my work. Amazingly my coworkers who I thought were my friends were overflowing in there condemnations.
In my 25yr career I have never experienced such psychological warfare. I refused to sign a very restrictive contract for my employment, and because of this was fired.
Another bizarre aspect of the company is the fact that there is a
n a z i shrine in the basement.
If you have a heart of stone and are a chameleon then this is your company. I would recommend sticking to Sudbury Jobs.
Great salary, very easy going job, great learning experience
Core manager, and General aid (Former Employee), Windsor, QCApril 25, 2013
Pros: not very stressful, well paid.
Cons: long hours, very hot inside
Learned how to drive fork lifts, and learned the basics of team work. Co-workers are hard working people, and they expect you to be just as hard working, which is a good thing. Security is top notch, no one was hurt on the job while i was there. Cafeteria food was expensive, but its better to pack a lunch.
Fun workplace, great co-workers, reliable managemnet
Labourer (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 25, 2013
Cons: long hours in the hot bc sun
I very much enjoyed working at Domtar in Kamloops BC.
The hours were long and I spent most of my days outdoors under the hot BC sun, however my co-workers were very easy going and fun people to spend my days with.
The management was amazing. They made sure all their employees were happy and looked after. Every morning, we started our day with a brief discussion about how we all felt about the job, if there were any area's we could, as a team, improve on and what, if any, idea's we had that could benefit our working conditions.
Over all, one of the best job's I've had thus far.
Respectful and Reliable
Labourer (Former Employee), Cornwall, OntarioDecember 21, 2011
The facility I was employed with has since closed. When open it was a good place to work. It employed several of my family members and alot of my community.
Environnement de travail agréable
Aide aux procédés - dpt de préparation des pâtes (Former Employee), Hull, QCOctober 13, 2014
Environnement de travail agréable, gratifiant

Belle collaboration entre les équipes dans les quarts, ainsi avec la gestion.
Sentiment d'appartenance
Analyste sénior aux payables et au fichier maître (Former Employee), MontrealJanuary 15, 2014
Quand on travaille chez Domtar, on ressent un fort sentiment d'appartenance.
MON EMPLOI PRÉFÉRÉ
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee), MONTRÉALDecember 13, 2012
Pros: travail d équipe
Cons: fusion avec cascade (norampac)
EXCELLENTE ENVIRONNEMENT DE TRAVAIL ET LE TRAVAIL D ÉQUIPE IMPECCAPLE.
environnement agréable, lieux stressant
Opérateur de machineries lourdes (Former Employee), windsor qcNovember 13, 2012
Pros: avantage sociaux
Cons: produit dangereux
DONNER UN SERVICE, TRANSPORTER DES MATIERES DANGEREUSES AVEC UN CAMION À BENNE DANS LE SITE D'ENFOUISSEMENT.

About DOMTAR

Leaving a paper trail is Domtar's business; the company is North America's #1 uncoated freesheet paper manufacturer and marketer. Some – Read more

DOMTAR Photos

Control room of the power dept.