Domino's Employee Reviews

good place to work.
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
I was not taking this job seriously enough, it takes a lot to be a pizza chef. its fast paced, I had no idea how many orders came in and how fast you had to do everything. After working there I have a new found respect for pizza chefs/delivery drivers.
good environment learn lots about new peoples cultures
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
typical day consists of taking deliveries dealing with customers ive learned that no job is easy and no matter what you do there is always a purpose dominos showed me about keeping a calm head listening to peoples problems then helping them while gathering as much information as i can.the hardest part is the clean up at the end of the shift lots of customer means lots of mess to be cleaned the most enjoyable part of the job is talking with people seeing their face light up when they enjoy their food or when u deliever there food and it is their supper
Pros
50% pizza
Cons
hard on my car and lots of driving
It is a fun place to work, just not fair with the pay.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB20 June 2017
If you want to work for Domino's Pizza, for being in store, you will be making the pizza dough and topping it then putting it in the oven, and also help with customers and answer phones when you need to. For being a delivery driver, I think it was fun delivering the pizza's because you get to meet all different kinds of people everyday. Also all the tips you make you get to keep. But you only get 7 dollars an hour, which is why I left because I wasn't making enough with the tips to live life.
Pros
You get 50% off all pizza and dough products.
Cons
Long hours, some OT hours that you will NOT get paid for.
Great place and the best schedule
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Great place to work. Management is great, Schedule could not be more flexible. If you're a morning person you can work here, if you're not a morning person it's even better
Pros
Free food for an 8 hour shift
Cons
Not much advancements
over all a decent company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB19 June 2017
over all it is a decent company to work for how ever in my case with the westlock store the manager should not have his postion as he treats his staff very unfairly
Pros
40% off pizza
Cons
the manager shows little respect for his empolyees
The owner specificaklt
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON19 June 2017
The niagara on the lake dominos is a great place to work fun up beat environment with usually encouraging staff. However the owner has no idea which end is up and serves bad food as well. Just a thought.
Pros
50% off of personal items
Cons
Long hours, no job security, rules were not static
it was a job
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2017
like the title says it was a job. go in get things done and collect a pay check. thats pretty much it. i wouldn't do this anymore, for a younger person this job is good, when you start to age more this fast paced environment isn't for you
loved working there good enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  jasper ave Edmonton alberta14 June 2017
open store do food count prep food for the day count till clock in drivers clock out drivers do pay roll at the end of day clean up head home at 3 in the morning :)
Pros
free PIZZA and rides home haha
Cons
long hours but they past fast if you just put in work
terrible management
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 June 2017
The management at Domino's is well under trained. There is no organization to the way the stores operate. There are no benefits allotted to employees and the pay is not efficient
Dominos
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON5 June 2017
It was alright working for dominos, not the best pay, and not the best hours but good for a highschool student. would recommend for anyone in highschool
Safe and productive workplace.
In Store (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON5 June 2017
A great place to work with nice employees.
A typical day at work is easy, taking orders and making them, but "rushes" get harder because you need to work at a fast past with other co-workers.
Management is great, they always run through safety for first timers and repeat it when you do it wrong, they also answer all your questions.
Pros
Free food for closers, discounts for employees.
Cons
N/a
Life at Dominos
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2017
If your location is busy, it will be busy all the time. Most dinner rushes will last 2-3 hours on a weeknight and about 3-4 hours on friday and saturday night. It is imperative to get along with everyone as it is a team job with a lot of communicating.
Pros
Its Dominos
Cons
lots of moving around, fast paced
Low Morale, Lots of Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 June 2017
Typical day is very in and out of the store. I have learnt that you can manage your time in a day to get everything you need done. Workplace culture is fast pace
Pros
Good hours, and tips
Cons
Low morale amongst colleagues
a productive and fun workplace at dominos
Cashier / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON4 June 2017
this job really taught me valuable customer service skills as well as how to keep your cool under a fast paced work environment. It also taught me the ropes of the industry as well as how a transnational corp works! Was a fun workplace as well as it taught me a lot.
Pros
great mentorship
Cons
sometimes, during busy weekends, long hours
Fun environment to work in
Delivery Expert, (Current Employee) –  below4 June 2017
I love the overall job as it is a great way to find your confidence with approaching new people. It is great money for the most part however, after a while it is not worth killing your car over. But tips and salary are pretty good for a delivery job.
Pros
good money, tips
Cons
long hours, kills your car
fun and exciting
driver (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON1 June 2017
It is a laid back job, when there is delivery you will make the run. Other time when there is no delivery, you help to make boxes and cleaning stuff etc.
Pros
Can work whenever you please
provides a learning environmnet
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
It is the place where i learned a lot of things and enhanced my skills.
it is the place where I gained confidence to talk to the clients and put forward my ideas and views
A good way to make a lot of money in a summer if you're willing to entirely commit to it.
Delivery Driver and Instore (Current Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB29 May 2017
(May not be relevant to all areas). Dominoes in a small town, often understaffed so I ended up wearing many hats and getting called in nearly every day. Tipping aspect meant an element of proactively maximizing performance, which was engaging. Management and coworkers were fun. Job could be difficult in the sense that surges in demand could create tough situations (we all learned that for practical purposes, we should expect to stay at least an hour longer than our scheduled shifts) but this could also be beneficial if you aren't concerned about leaving on time.
Pros
Free/discount pizzas
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Assistant manager at dominos
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 May 2017
Includes taking phone orders, internet orders, in store orders, with experience with long line ups and a face paced environment. I learned time management, various leadership skills including teaching new skills to new colleagues, directing the order of orders to provide maximum efficiency, directing drivers to locations for maximum efficiency, taking inventory and managerial duties which include cashing out drivers, balancing the cash register and inputting the days monetary accounts into the computer.
The most difficult part of the job is catching mistakes when it's rush hour, and the most enjoyable part is completing the day without mistakes.
Pros
Free pizza sometimes
Cons
Angry customers during rush hour
Good work experience best suited for part time employees
Customer Service Representative/Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 May 2017
I have worked in Dominos for over a year, the work itself is great and fairly easy. I have experience as both kitchen staff and as a delivery driver and it was great when I was in highschool however being a new adult going into the workforce rather than post secondary the hours just arent reliable enough to make a living on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Domino's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9