Domino's Employee Reviews

Disappointing place to work, Actions do not match propaganda
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaApril 1, 2016
Since when is it right, no matter who they are doing it to, since when is it right for management to swear at and belittle the staff, even 17 year old kids, I have witnessed it first hand.
The owner tries to be a good person and works with those he directly trains but there is a management staff that as far as I know in order to feed her own ego she belittles the other staff, and walks all over them like they where her own little steps to success.

this is what I see, and I am very disappointed in the way this company carries it's self
Pros
30% off food, no matter where you live this store is close to get to
Cons
management makes people uncomfortable and belittles them, if your into being verbally abused then this is a company to work for
good
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 6, 2016
good company to work .good compensation and bonus. friendly staff.
its a fun job though. if the person is hard working its so easy to get promotions there
Pros
50% off
Cons
weekends are must
very fast paced
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2016
Most days I'd clean trays, both scrapping tags off and later putting them through the tray wash machine. If I wasn't cleaning trays I was running the dough divider, a machine that cuts the dough into small pieces. I'd have to check weights of the dough to be sure they were accurate for each different size and each different batch of dough. I'd also place the dough into the trays. On the rare days I worked in the cooler, counting and stacking the trays of dough as they came down the conveyer. After production was completed, we would clean all machines and work areas to standards .This taught me how work in a very fast paced environment and taught me better time management skills. The Management had deteriorated over the years and the work environment was becoming hostile.
Pros
close to home
Cons
management had deteriorated, work environment was becoming hostile
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed the the staff, I didn't enjoy the boss. Management was great, staff great & drivers great. However after working a bit and the owner started to take personal issues out at work. Randomly will poke your hips, or make inappropriate jokes to male & female staff. Allows teenage son to touch hair and break other rules while at work. It caused a manager to resign due to the lack of work ethics , few other employees had left shortly after too.

Varies pays for managers & assistant managers, no clear guidelines on pay wages; an assistant manager before me makes less than I make, and there was a new manager making more than his longest working manager.
Pros
The fellow staff members made it family
Cons
Varies pays for managers & assistant managers, no clear guidelines on pay wages
Enjoyable, fast paced work environment.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of dealing with on/off rushes of customers. Prepping food, cooking and cleaning, all this is a normal work day here. Here I was able to learn good customer service skills as well as time management skills. The management team here is efficient and strong. The co-workers are primarily a lighthearted bunch of hard workers.The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset or otherwise tough customers, especially when it effects work flow during a rush.The most enjoyable time of work is the slow but steady flow of business that allows for one to take time to ensure the best quality of product.
Productive, positive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking multiple orders in person and over the phone, as well as making pizzas, completing orders, and preparing them for delivery. By doing this i learned how to work quickly in a busy environment, as well as many problem solving skills to ensure satisfaction from the customer. The management, although unstable, always met the needs of the employers by assuring the work environment was clean, positive and successful. I believe the hardest part of the job was at times when unexpectedly busy, when trying to manage all aspects of the job (taking orders, making pizza, working the ovens etc.) when fairly understaffed could become quite stressful. On a high note i believe the most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment. Even though mistakes happen from time to time, the entire staff was very understanding, light hearted and very respectful of every situation.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
shift length vary
fun workplace but upper management is terrible
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Working at Domino's has been a terrible experience. I love the people I work with and the store I run but upper management does the opposite of help. They let you sink then blame you and publicly scold you when numbers are not the best. When trying to get help upper management merely brushes you off.
Over all terrible management style but great in store atmosphere
Loyalty is not a strong pint they will throw you under the bus the first chance they get.
Pros
nice people, fun job
Cons
long hours, no benefits, no help, terrible upper management
Productive and Fun work environment
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Midland, ONMay 12, 2016
I loved this job. I got to go to a conference for extra training and our store entered into the Dominos National Competition. I was lucky enough to be working for a store owner who had three different stores. I learned a lot about running a business and how much you rely on your customers and community. We participated in many events in the area turning shifts into 14-16 hour shifts. I worked very hard to get where I did in the company and am proud of my growth and accomplishments that occurred during my time with Domino's.
Pros
Community involvement, fast past, free food, good discount when not working
Cons
No guarantee of your breaks, hot in the summer, never know when you will be done work
Work Environment and Management
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 31, 2016
Having worked at Domino's for seven months I encountered around three separate management changes. Everyone just made the work experience worse and worse. The New management would try and out due the old management and make everything different which would limit the employees productivity and stability. Among the management there was also a great amount of dating in and amoungst themselves.
Pros
East work, discount on food, friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits, poor management
Good PT job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
A good starting job to build upon for skills.
Flexible hours for part-timers in school or activities
Worked as a team and independently.
The hardest part of the job was working long hours while being short staffed.
The most enjoyable part was working with everyone of all ages.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, night shifts
Learn to handle the team
Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 20, 2016
Few years ago, I started working at Dominos. It was my first job where I actually learned the Customer service. Customer is bringing the business to your respected enterprise/corporation. Therefore, it is our duty to satisfy each and every customer and resolve their problems in best way possible. Secondly, team work is an obligation to win at any sport, one should always maintain a great relation with their co-workers in order to be successful in any task.
Communication with manager always help realize how hard they work to see the whole team flourish, which motivates each and every member of the team.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Night Shifts
Friendly team environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Relatively simple tasks were required. Management was engaged and friendly, while also being easy going. Co-workers were sociable and cooperative. I learned how to communicate with customers over the phone. The hardest part regarding this job was making sure everything was completed on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction i had with my co-workers.
Pros
Light work load
Cons
Late hours
Very friendly and comfortable atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dundas Street W.May 31, 2016
The co-workers were extremely friendly and very funny. A typical day at work consisted of preparing toppings, making the pizza and taking phone orders. This job allowed me to learn communication skills as I was often taking orders either through the phone or in person.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a big rush of orders as there were many things to take care of. However, the great co-workers made things much easier.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, free food, flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts
fun workplace
phone girl (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 13, 2016
Overall its was a good job.I got along with most of my co-works. You got to have fun while working. Management is good food was delicious.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
small amount of pay no benefits
Very enjoyable place to work
Cashier & Pizza maker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 6, 2016
Very fast pace work environment, rarely any stops. Co-workers are great, management is very kind and considerate. Customers are virtually always satisfied with the service we provide.

A typical day is busy. There is usually one or two workers who are stressed out due to the amount of orders we must complete but everyone is positive. Consistently positive interactions between co-workers. I make pizzas and serve customers - I am always the "runner" when I am working which means I go from making pizzas to helping customers, while the co-workers do one or the other.

I've learned how to deal with a fast-pace/stressful work environment very well.

This was the most co-worker interactive job I've had and I very much so enjoyed it.As previously stated, I've very much so enjoyed working at Domino's.

Management is great; flexible with hours for all the students(and other workers) which is a great perk. Do not yell at you for making a mistake, just simply tell you your mistake and move on. Very nice people, couldn't ask for anyone better.

Hardest part of the job is down-stacking dough, which is organizing trays of dough from oldest to newest. Just physically demanding, aside from that it is nice to cool down in the freezer.

Co-workers and serving customers. Very positive and enjoyable work environment.
Pros
50% off an order
Cons
No breaks unless closing, don't know what time you will be going home
Unfair and careless
Assist Manager/Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2016
Come to work with people who dont want to work. Management doesn't care about employees. hardest part is being able to your job the best that you can. I've learned how to multi task and to work under high stress environment. I like the relationships that i have made.
Pros
lived really close to my job
Cons
Working all the time
Great chance to experience quality leadership
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Red DeerJune 30, 2016
The owner is hands on and expects quality performance. You will not find staff that are lazy and if you do, that person will be dismissed. Very sales driven with bonuses if you hit a certain mark, it makes you want to race to the phone or counter to get more orders as fast as possible.
Pros
sales driven, productive, effecient, incentives and others
Cons
The hours make it difficult because they change depending on the day
Productive and encouraging workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONDecember 17, 2015
Typical day at work varies upon the day and time of work. It is much busier on Fridays and the weekends. The management is great, there is a great staff that works well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complains or mistakes that have been made but all of the situations get resolved. The most enjoyable part is the staff its self, they are great company and everyone works together to get the job done successfully.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult customers
Confusion?
Assistant Manager, Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 14, 2016
The businesses are independently owned, so its obvious that rules will be different everywhere. However, everything always changed to what type of hair was suitable, to tattoos, to even being able to wear gloves. Rights changed constantly but there was still good attempts at team work depending on the person. Contradicting depending on who was friends with who, hours would get changed without any knowledge, and depending who opened nothing would be prepped.
Pros
Making pizza, get to eat the mistakes
Cons
Not consistant, new problems everyday
rrible management and no respect towards employees
staff/ shift runner (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 1, 2016
The general magaer at Dominos is very disrepectful and should not be a manager. I was at Dominos for ( months and have never met a manager with that much disrepect towards their employess. A gm should never curse and swear and there employees for no reason
Pros
cheap pizza
Cons
horrible hrs and management

2.9