Domino's

Domino's Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
dominos
cook (Former Employee), montrealFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: lots of people
it was an great experience to work at dominos the service customers and employees were great plusthey really help you when you need it
productive workplace that was very busy
Food Prep (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough hours or pay
A typical day of work would consist of me answering calls, taking orders, helping with the kitchen and what not. This company taught me to be on task, productive and on top of things. My co-workers were good, they were always helping me whenever I needed it. The hardest part of the job is learning new tasks and being an expert at it on the first time, my coworkers always expected that coming from me.. The enjoyable part of the job was talking with customers, taking their orders, I liked the interaction with customers the most.
line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee), Rocky Mountain HouseFebruary 13, 2015
I learned lots of new things and how to make pizzas and the most enjoyable part of the job was everything. I enjoyed working here and getting along with most of the co workers
great
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 12, 2015
this was a great fun job that i would love to do again if given the chance. i would recommend this job to anyone. you should try to get a position here.
Job life
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great staff to work with
Cons: salary is to low for this position
I come into work and take orders for customers, clean the store and make pizzas.
Very productive and fun to work at.
Line Cook/Prep Cook - Customer Service (Current Employee), Essex, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: fast paced
- Typical day at work would be participating in working the line as well as interacting with costumers , fulfilling their requests.
I answer the phone and take orders. I put the order on a computer operating system while also handling the cash register.
I really enjoying making the pizza and satisfying the costumers.
At the end of my shift I clean up and shut the store down I help prepare to close the store.

- I have learned how fast paced preparing fast food is and what concentration is involved in the job. I learned how to operated the equipment that is involved in cooking the pizza.

- I really enjoying being part of a team with my co-workers, everyone has a job to do and I enjoy interacting with everyone to be able to have satisfied costumers.

- I enjoy everything about my job I would say the hardest thing I do Is making sure that everything is done efficiently and fast without making mistakes . Working at a fast pace can end up in a mix up and slow everything down . When that happens the customer may become inpatient and upset and our goal is to do everything in a timed manor safely.
A very busy environment
Vaclav K-Store manager and Gianina C -shift runner (Current Employee), CanterburyJanuary 16, 2015
Vaclav Kocun- I was responsible for the busiest store in Kent and the 10th in UK, known for its high hygiene level, quality products and providing excellent customer services. My partner, Gianina Cornea (shift runner) and I were both sharing and distributing our responsibilities and duties, being responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store. Our main responsibility was to provide a superior level of co-operation, service and support for the customers. Maintain cleanliness and order in store, but also taking part in the cooking and serving customers; completing weekly paperwork regarding sales, budgets and expenses; mark prices on stock and restock shelves cash handling; deposits; responsible for profit and loss of the company; order groceries and supplies, check received stock against invoices and take inventory. We were also making sure that the health and safety procedures are followed accordingly to Employee’s Handbook, Fire Life Safety and security of the working place and Risk assessments.
Supervising and coordinating staff activities, training staff; driving whenever was needed, but also maintenance of the company cars (checking their functions work in a safely manner)
Skills developed: excellent customer service and interpersonal skills ;analytical and problem solving skills ;decision making skills; effective verbal and listening communications skills; effective writing providing assistance, training, maintain stock and inventories, supplies; greet customers , but also taking part in the cooking and serving them.

Gianina Conea - I was responsible for the busiest – more... store in Kent and the 10th in UK together with Vaclav Kocun, known for its high hygiene level, quality products and providing excellent customer services. My responsibilities were to maintain cleanliness of customer services, facilities and greet customers, providing assistance; maintain stock and inventories, supplies.
- greet customers and provide assistance, maintain cleanliness and order in the store, but also taking part in the cooking and serving customers; completing weekly paperwork regarding sales, budgets and expenses; mark prices on stock and restock shelves cash handling; deposits; responsible for profit and loss of the company; order groceries and supplies, check received stock against invoices and take inventory. I was also making sure that the health and safety procedures are followed accordingly to Employee’s Handbook. Safety and security of the working place and Risk assessments
- supervising and coordinating staff activities, training staff; driving whenever was needed, but also maintenance of the company cars (checking their functions work in a safely manner)

A typical day of work, as you can read above was to get everything ready from the morning for opening the store and be totally organised for the rest of the day, but the beautiful part was that we were working as a team.That made it easier. We have built relationships throughout this experience and learnt/improved our skills and abilities.
Without this team, without our abilities and experience, we wouldn't have managed the most busy times (a bit unpleasant) when you needed to keep focus, remain calm and work under pressure without getting distracted by our employees attitudes. – less
Fun and energetic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pickering, ONNovember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly workers, nice environment
Cons: low pay, short hours
Friendly workers, nice environment. However, there is low pay and not many hours given for work.
Productive and open workplace
Assistant Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 5, 2014
Working at Domino's has helped me greatly develop on my communication skills, it is a very fast paced environment to work in but easily adjustable
the job was easy with little work to do.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Dundas, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: long hours with little pay
Work place was functional and well maintained. Customer satisfaction was the main goal. However, due the location of the facility, this particular restaurant did not do well due to its inability to compete with competitors within its vicinity, this lead to long work hours with very little work to be done.
Good, social environment. High turnover rate, and continual management switching makes for a difficult work environment at times.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, social environment, long hours
Cons: management
There is no typical day, because it will change from day to day based on the weather, the day of the week, the season, holiday, sports events, and any number of other factors. There is also the matter of which shift it is, because the evening rush is, as expected, more busy than the opening/preparing shift. I typically work opening shifts, which means I am responsible for the entire store, whether it is quiet for hours at a time, or if it is so busy that I don't get to sit down for eight hours. The tasks for the opening shift remain the same however. Prepare enough food for the anticipated sales of the evening shift, and make sure the driver completes all of their chores and tasks as well. If, for whatever reason, the driver is unable to complete their tasks, I take it upon myself to make up for it so the job gets done in time for the dinner rush.

I have learned to take on a leadership role from this job. I have also learned time management, and responsibility for both myself and others working with me. During these shifts, I take on the role of manager, so all decisions fall to me, and it becomes my job to handle any tough situations that may occur. At these times, I will work together with the driver to come up with the best decision, based on what information they can give me about any particular situation.

I usually only work with one person during opening shifts. I trust my driver to make their deliveries as fast as possible, and to help me out if it's needed inside the store. In the same way, I will help them by giving customers an accurate estimate of when to expect – more... their delivery rather than the computer quote. I will also fill in for their tasks, if they are too busy to manage it themselves. For my co-workers during the rush, my managers are hard working, and very fast at their jobs. Other in-store workers vary, based on their time working there and experience. I tend to get along with almost everyone I work with. Otherwise, I form an understanding with them that for the benefit of the company, we must cooperate and act civilly with each other.

The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency with management, and the days when I am on my feet for eight hours with no rest. The most enjoyable part is the freedom to pursue other interests during downtime at the store, when all chores, and tasks are done. – less
productive
Line Cook (Former Employee), Rocky Mountain House AlbertaOctober 1, 2014
I learned how to make pizza and keep at a steady pace. I enjoyed working here and learning lots.
part time job
Jusqu'à présent Adjointe Administrative du gérant (Current Employee), montrealSeptember 16, 2014
Taking the order, solving any problems in regards to any complaints the customers have and finding the right solutions for them in order to insure their satisfaction. Taking care of the paper work, food order, soft drinks order as well as putting in the system all the transactions.
great pay and tips
Customer service (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PESeptember 15, 2014
Cons: no hours, and kept scheduling me on my evenings when i had school
A typical day at work included lots of business, along with lots of phone orders. Ive learned how to improve customer service skills , how to properly do my job. The management was great, but lacked to handle an inappropriate situation responsibly . The co-worker s were all great people and hard workers...very nice staff easy going. The hardest part of the job was reaching high into places that arent within my reach, But the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on the customers face and helping them if there was an issue, to make it right, as well the pay was great and tip s were pretty great as well !
workplace
cashier (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCSeptember 14, 2014
really good
and i found really good friend in this place
manager was fantastic
great and enjoyable work environment
Pizza Maker (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Working at domino's has been a great first job. I have learned a lot since I have been there, some things I have learned are:

- making pizzas
- front cash
-taking pizzas out of the oven

The most enjoyable part of this job would probably be the people you work with. Everyone is very nice and understanding especially when you first start out.
really enjoyed working there
CSR (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: staff doesn't stay long changeover is high
fast paced friendly felt like a family owned restaurant, staff was great. at times long shifts with no breaks.
dominos pizza
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Leamington, ONSeptember 11, 2014
Very nice workers and nice enviroment to work friendly customers as well
certified cashier and customer service rep
Certified Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
handled all front cash duties for this busy store, including answering the business telephone and taking orders, preparing pizzas and other food items fro take out and delivery, counting and monitoring inventory, processing all sale transactions using debit, credit, coupons, and cash. also maintained a clean enivonment.
Staff all get along well, nice routine work
Kitchen staff (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 30, 2014
Pros: 50% off pizza
Cons: not enough hours
The work is not bad, certain specials we have get a bit annoying though; example 'Anything goes for $12.99', putting over 10 layers of toppings on a large pizza is not so fun.
Management is good, but during the summer time there really isn't enough hours for everyone employed to work full time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Domino's

Our roots date back to a single store that opened in 1960 in Ypsilanti, Mich. Since then, Domino’s has grown to become a – Read more