Domino's Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Environment and Management
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 31, 2016
Having worked at Domino's for seven months I encountered around three separate management changes. Everyone just made the work experience worse and worse. The New management would try and out due the old management and make everything different which would limit the employees productivity and stability. Among the management there was also a great amount of dating in and amoungst themselves.
Pros
East work, discount on food, friendly staff
Cons
Bad pay, no benefits, poor management
Enjoyable, fast paced work environment.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of dealing with on/off rushes of customers. Prepping food, cooking and cleaning, all this is a normal work day here. Here I was able to learn good customer service skills as well as time management skills. The management team here is efficient and strong. The co-workers are primarily a lighthearted bunch of hard workers.The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset or otherwise tough customers, especially when it effects work flow during a rush.The most enjoyable time of work is the slow but steady flow of business that allows for one to take time to ensure the best quality of product.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed the the staff, I didn't enjoy the boss. Management was great, staff great & drivers great. However after working a bit and the owner started to take personal issues out at work. Randomly will poke your hips, or make inappropriate jokes to male & female staff. Allows teenage son to touch hair and break other rules while at work. It caused a manager to resign due to the lack of work ethics , few other employees had left shortly after too.

Varies pays for managers & assistant managers, no clear guidelines on pay wages; an assistant manager before me makes less than I make, and there was a new manager making more than his longest working manager.
Pros
The fellow staff members made it family
Cons
Varies pays for managers & assistant managers, no clear guidelines on pay wages
Great chance to experience quality leadership
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Red DeerJune 30, 2016
The owner is hands on and expects quality performance. You will not find staff that are lazy and if you do, that person will be dismissed. Very sales driven with bonuses if you hit a certain mark, it makes you want to race to the phone or counter to get more orders as fast as possible.
Pros
sales driven, productive, effecient, incentives and others
Cons
The hours make it difficult because they change depending on the day
Very friendly and comfortable atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dundas Street W.May 31, 2016
The co-workers were extremely friendly and very funny. A typical day at work consisted of preparing toppings, making the pizza and taking phone orders. This job allowed me to learn communication skills as I was often taking orders either through the phone or in person.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a big rush of orders as there were many things to take care of. However, the great co-workers made things much easier.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, free food, flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts
Learn to handle the team
Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 20, 2016
Few years ago, I started working at Dominos. It was my first job where I actually learned the Customer service. Customer is bringing the business to your respected enterprise/corporation. Therefore, it is our duty to satisfy each and every customer and resolve their problems in best way possible. Secondly, team work is an obligation to win at any sport, one should always maintain a great relation with their co-workers in order to be successful in any task.
Communication with manager always help realize how hard they work to see the whole team flourish, which motivates each and every member of the team.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Night Shifts
Productive and Fun work environment
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Midland, ONMay 12, 2016
I loved this job. I got to go to a conference for extra training and our store entered into the Dominos National Competition. I was lucky enough to be working for a store owner who had three different stores. I learned a lot about running a business and how much you rely on your customers and community. We participated in many events in the area turning shifts into 14-16 hour shifts. I worked very hard to get where I did in the company and am proud of my growth and accomplishments that occurred during my time with Domino's.
Pros
Community involvement, fast past, free food, good discount when not working
Cons
No guarantee of your breaks, hot in the summer, never know when you will be done work
its a very good experience working at a pizza store especially a busy store like this where i interac with alot of customers at a daily basis
Night shift runner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
i am been working at dominos pizza for a while now gained alot of experience the staff is very friendly and so is the envoriment. the store is always busy no matter what time of the day it is you never get bored here. i even get to make good money here.
Pros
the instores get a free pizza.
Confusion?
Assistant Manager, Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 14, 2016
The businesses are independently owned, so its obvious that rules will be different everywhere. However, everything always changed to what type of hair was suitable, to tattoos, to even being able to wear gloves. Rights changed constantly but there was still good attempts at team work depending on the person. Contradicting depending on who was friends with who, hours would get changed without any knowledge, and depending who opened nothing would be prepped.
Pros
Making pizza, get to eat the mistakes
Cons
Not consistant, new problems everyday
Impressive and Secure workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tecumseh, ONJune 24, 2016
Domino's Pizza is by far the most exciting and most amazing place to work at. Evidently wonderful management and team members make the job something to look forward to every day.
Pros
Free combo of pizza and pop for every shift.
Cons
Possible accident threat due to driving in certain weather conditions.
Fun workplace, chill bosses
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2016
Loved this place need I say more? They have the best wings in my opinion and they make good pizza there! It's more like family than anything else, I felt so at home working here! I made the best friends and learned a lot! No pressure no busting my balls just a good work experience overall.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun and fast paced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMay 17, 2016
I have had fun working in this fast paced environment while expanding my customer service skills. I learned how to manage my own time. I also trained co-workers. The heardest part of this job was to learn how to conquer the rush, but I did and feel more competent in my abilities to deal with busy environments.
Highly efficient and enjoyable workplace
Crew Member, Saturday Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 30, 2016
At dominos there is a high level of care and affection towards getting the jobs at hand done. There is also a good care to ensure that everyone enjoys the workplace and have an equal, fair and safe experience. The people that work together are all very nice. I learned to interact well with diverse people and eventually learned to become the acting manager on Saturdays. Knowing how to properly supervise and coordinate coworkers and work alongside them helps create the most fun and effective workplace we can have.
Disappointing place to work, Actions do not match propaganda
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaApril 1, 2016
Since when is it right, no matter who they are doing it to, since when is it right for management to swear at and belittle the staff, even 17 year old kids, I have witnessed it first hand.
The owner tries to be a good person and works with those he directly trains but there is a management staff that as far as I know in order to feed her own ego she belittles the other staff, and walks all over them like they where her own little steps to success.

this is what I see, and I am very disappointed in the way this company carries it's self
Pros
30% off food, no matter where you live this store is close to get to
Cons
management makes people uncomfortable and belittles them, if your into being verbally abused then this is a company to work for
Fast-paced work environment
In-Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 25, 2016
Working at Dominos for a year, I've learned all the basic customer service skills, how to manage and talk to customers in countless situations and how to interact with co-workers. On top of that, I learned basic management skills and how to handle the stores daily finances.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Hours were not flexible
really fun place to work!!!
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 27, 2016
this was a really fun place to work at and I made great money while there! The hardest part of my job was learning where to go when making the delivery and also trying to remember the different recipes of the pizzas when I was needed to help in the store.
Pros
excellent discounts on pizzas
Cons
long and late hours
Great learning experience
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCJuly 5, 2016
My first job, and a great learning experience. Was taught many valuable skills, like customer service, handling food, handling transactions, and keeping the workplace clean and organized.
Pros
Got 50% off on Pizza, Flexible hours, friendly coworkers
Friendly team environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Relatively simple tasks were required. Management was engaged and friendly, while also being easy going. Co-workers were sociable and cooperative. I learned how to communicate with customers over the phone. The hardest part regarding this job was making sure everything was completed on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction i had with my co-workers.
Pros
Light work load
Cons
Late hours
Domino's Pizza Review
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Domino's Pizza. My only complaint would of been trying to balance overtime and my college classes. We would work 10 hour shifts which was good for money.
Pros
Discounted Pizzas, Great Friends
Cons
Overtime with School
Unfair and careless
Assist Manager/Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2016
Come to work with people who dont want to work. Management doesn't care about employees. hardest part is being able to your job the best that you can. I've learned how to multi task and to work under high stress environment. I like the relationships that i have made.
Pros
lived really close to my job
Cons
Working all the time

2.9