Domino's Employee Reviews in Canada

good
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 6, 2016
good company to work .good compensation and bonus. friendly staff.
its a fun job though. if the person is hard working its so easy to get promotions there
Pros
50% off
Cons
weekends are must
fun workplace
phone girl (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 13, 2016
Overall its was a good job.I got along with most of my co-works. You got to have fun while working. Management is good food was delicious.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
small amount of pay no benefits
Disappointing place to work, Actions do not match propaganda
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaApril 1, 2016
Since when is it right, no matter who they are doing it to, since when is it right for management to swear at and belittle the staff, even 17 year old kids, I have witnessed it first hand.
The owner tries to be a good person and works with those he directly trains but there is a management staff that as far as I know in order to feed her own ego she belittles the other staff, and walks all over them like they where her own little steps to success.

this is what I see, and I am very disappointed in the way this company carries it's self
Pros
30% off food, no matter where you live this store is close to get to
Cons
management makes people uncomfortable and belittles them, if your into being verbally abused then this is a company to work for
Good PT job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
A good starting job to build upon for skills.
Flexible hours for part-timers in school or activities
Worked as a team and independently.
The hardest part of the job was working long hours while being short staffed.
The most enjoyable part was working with everyone of all ages.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, night shifts
Productive and Fun work environment
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, Wasaga Beach and Midland, ONMay 12, 2016
I loved this job. I got to go to a conference for extra training and our store entered into the Dominos National Competition. I was lucky enough to be working for a store owner who had three different stores. I learned a lot about running a business and how much you rely on your customers and community. We participated in many events in the area turning shifts into 14-16 hour shifts. I worked very hard to get where I did in the company and am proud of my growth and accomplishments that occurred during my time with Domino's.
Pros
Community involvement, fast past, free food, good discount when not working
Cons
No guarantee of your breaks, hot in the summer, never know when you will be done work
Learn to handle the team
Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 20, 2016
Few years ago, I started working at Dominos. It was my first job where I actually learned the Customer service. Customer is bringing the business to your respected enterprise/corporation. Therefore, it is our duty to satisfy each and every customer and resolve their problems in best way possible. Secondly, team work is an obligation to win at any sport, one should always maintain a great relation with their co-workers in order to be successful in any task.
Communication with manager always help realize how hard they work to see the whole team flourish, which motivates each and every member of the team.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Night Shifts
Productive, positive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work consists of taking multiple orders in person and over the phone, as well as making pizzas, completing orders, and preparing them for delivery. By doing this i learned how to work quickly in a busy environment, as well as many problem solving skills to ensure satisfaction from the customer. The management, although unstable, always met the needs of the employers by assuring the work environment was clean, positive and successful. I believe the hardest part of the job was at times when unexpectedly busy, when trying to manage all aspects of the job (taking orders, making pizza, working the ovens etc.) when fairly understaffed could become quite stressful. On a high note i believe the most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment. Even though mistakes happen from time to time, the entire staff was very understanding, light hearted and very respectful of every situation.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
shift length vary
Everyone there was like family made you feel at home.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2015
Learning how to close a store by myself doing all the paper work also dealing with all different kinds of customers daily!
Pros
great workplace
Cons
no benefits
Very friendly and comfortable atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dundas Street W.May 31, 2016
The co-workers were extremely friendly and very funny. A typical day at work consisted of preparing toppings, making the pizza and taking phone orders. This job allowed me to learn communication skills as I was often taking orders either through the phone or in person.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with a big rush of orders as there were many things to take care of. However, the great co-workers made things much easier.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, free food, flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts
Confusion?
Assistant Manager, Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 14, 2016
The businesses are independently owned, so its obvious that rules will be different everywhere. However, everything always changed to what type of hair was suitable, to tattoos, to even being able to wear gloves. Rights changed constantly but there was still good attempts at team work depending on the person. Contradicting depending on who was friends with who, hours would get changed without any knowledge, and depending who opened nothing would be prepped.
Pros
Making pizza, get to eat the mistakes
Cons
Not consistant, new problems everyday
Highly efficient and enjoyable workplace
Crew Member, Saturday Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 30, 2016
At dominos there is a high level of care and affection towards getting the jobs at hand done. There is also a good care to ensure that everyone enjoys the workplace and have an equal, fair and safe experience. The people that work together are all very nice. I learned to interact well with diverse people and eventually learned to become the acting manager on Saturdays. Knowing how to properly supervise and coordinate coworkers and work alongside them helps create the most fun and effective workplace we can have.
Great chance to experience quality leadership
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Red DeerJune 30, 2016
The owner is hands on and expects quality performance. You will not find staff that are lazy and if you do, that person will be dismissed. Very sales driven with bonuses if you hit a certain mark, it makes you want to race to the phone or counter to get more orders as fast as possible.
Pros
sales driven, productive, effecient, incentives and others
Cons
The hours make it difficult because they change depending on the day
Short hours
PIZZA DELIVERY EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 27, 2016
Decent hours, usually around dinner time. Made decent money as a delivery driver as long as tips were good. Weren't very clear with my responsibilities and often got backed up with too many orders
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Short hours
Friendly team environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Relatively simple tasks were required. Management was engaged and friendly, while also being easy going. Co-workers were sociable and cooperative. I learned how to communicate with customers over the phone. The hardest part regarding this job was making sure everything was completed on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction i had with my co-workers.
Pros
Light work load
Cons
Late hours
Unfair and careless
Assist Manager/Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2016
Come to work with people who dont want to work. Management doesn't care about employees. hardest part is being able to your job the best that you can. I've learned how to multi task and to work under high stress environment. I like the relationships that i have made.
Pros
lived really close to my job
Cons
Working all the time
its a very good experience working at a pizza store especially a busy store like this where i interac with alot of customers at a daily basis
Night shift runner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
i am been working at dominos pizza for a while now gained alot of experience the staff is very friendly and so is the envoriment. the store is always busy no matter what time of the day it is you never get bored here. i even get to make good money here.
Pros
the instores get a free pizza.
Very enjoyable place to work
Cashier & Pizza maker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 6, 2016
Very fast pace work environment, rarely any stops. Co-workers are great, management is very kind and considerate. Customers are virtually always satisfied with the service we provide.

A typical day is busy. There is usually one or two workers who are stressed out due to the amount of orders we must complete but everyone is positive. Consistently positive interactions between co-workers. I make pizzas and serve customers - I am always the "runner" when I am working which means I go from making pizzas to helping customers, while the co-workers do one or the other.

I've learned how to deal with a fast-pace/stressful work environment very well.

This was the most co-worker interactive job I've had and I very much so enjoyed it.As previously stated, I've very much so enjoyed working at Domino's.

Management is great; flexible with hours for all the students(and other workers) which is a great perk. Do not yell at you for making a mistake, just simply tell you your mistake and move on. Very nice people, couldn't ask for anyone better.

Hardest part of the job is down-stacking dough, which is organizing trays of dough from oldest to newest. Just physically demanding, aside from that it is nice to cool down in the freezer.

Co-workers and serving customers. Very positive and enjoyable work environment.
Pros
50% off an order
Cons
No breaks unless closing, don't know what time you will be going home
Productive and Fun with great people
Customer Service Representative/Pizza maker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 11, 2016
I like being at work and being able to feel connected to my co-workers. The people there are very lighthearted and easy going but when it comes to getting work done they are on top of everything, The training process is very hands on and you get a lot of experience working here. You deal with customers, making sure everything is the way it should be, you get to learn how to balance money properly and how to communicate over the phone as well. The hardest part of the job is probably paperwork because it is so important not to mess up your math or counting. The most enjoyable part would be being around everyone.
Pros
50% off the menu, Great people
Cons
shifts are estimates
I gained a lot of experience throughout the past 3 years.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 7, 2015
Working at Domino's was an enjoyable experience. I'd say the best part of this job has been, being able to see so much improvement in the store. I have gained a large amount of knowledge working for Domino's Pizza. I am still currently employed there but I am looking for a change. Throughout the past year I feel like the level of respect in the work place has decreased and I would like to work in a more positive workplace in the future.
Pros
Good hours, fun atmosphere, Short shifts
Cons
Many changes in management, loss of respect from coworkers
Productive and encouraging workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONDecember 17, 2015
Typical day at work varies upon the day and time of work. It is much busier on Fridays and the weekends. The management is great, there is a great staff that works well together as a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complains or mistakes that have been made but all of the situations get resolved. The most enjoyable part is the staff its self, they are great company and everyone works together to get the job done successfully.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Difficult customers

2.9