Domino's Employee Reviews in Canada

really fun place to work!!!
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 27, 2016
this was a really fun place to work at and I made great money while there! The hardest part of my job was learning where to go when making the delivery and also trying to remember the different recipes of the pizzas when I was needed to help in the store.
Pros
excellent discounts on pizzas
Cons
long and late hours
Fast-paced work environment
In-Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCApril 25, 2016
Working at Dominos for a year, I've learned all the basic customer service skills, how to manage and talk to customers in countless situations and how to interact with co-workers. On top of that, I learned basic management skills and how to handle the stores daily finances.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Hours were not flexible
Confusion?
Assistant Manager, Shift Runner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 14, 2016
The businesses are independently owned, so its obvious that rules will be different everywhere. However, everything always changed to what type of hair was suitable, to tattoos, to even being able to wear gloves. Rights changed constantly but there was still good attempts at team work depending on the person. Contradicting depending on who was friends with who, hours would get changed without any knowledge, and depending who opened nothing would be prepped.
Pros
Making pizza, get to eat the mistakes
Cons
Not consistant, new problems everyday
Good place to work for some extra cash
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed working at Dominos as a delivery driver. It was a fun and easy way to make some extra cash especially around the holidays
Very enjoyable place to work
Cashier & Pizza maker (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 6, 2016
Very fast pace work environment, rarely any stops. Co-workers are great, management is very kind and considerate. Customers are virtually always satisfied with the service we provide.

A typical day is busy. There is usually one or two workers who are stressed out due to the amount of orders we must complete but everyone is positive. Consistently positive interactions between co-workers. I make pizzas and serve customers - I am always the "runner" when I am working which means I go from making pizzas to helping customers, while the co-workers do one or the other.

I've learned how to deal with a fast-pace/stressful work environment very well.

This was the most co-worker interactive job I've had and I very much so enjoyed it.As previously stated, I've very much so enjoyed working at Domino's.

Management is great; flexible with hours for all the students(and other workers) which is a great perk. Do not yell at you for making a mistake, just simply tell you your mistake and move on. Very nice people, couldn't ask for anyone better.

Hardest part of the job is down-stacking dough, which is organizing trays of dough from oldest to newest. Just physically demanding, aside from that it is nice to cool down in the freezer.

Co-workers and serving customers. Very positive and enjoyable work environment.
Pros
50% off an order
Cons
No breaks unless closing, don't know what time you will be going home
good
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 6, 2016
good company to work .good compensation and bonus. friendly staff.
its a fun job though. if the person is hard working its so easy to get promotions there
Pros
50% off
Cons
weekends are must
Good PT job
CSR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
A good starting job to build upon for skills.
Flexible hours for part-timers in school or activities
Worked as a team and independently.
The hardest part of the job was working long hours while being short staffed.
The most enjoyable part was working with everyone of all ages.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, night shifts
up tempo nice people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONApril 3, 2016
odd hours. either a lot of hours or very few hours. great managment and owners. communication with other employees is above average.
Pros
half off food
Cons
odd hours
Disappointing place to work, Actions do not match propaganda
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AlbertaApril 1, 2016
Since when is it right, no matter who they are doing it to, since when is it right for management to swear at and belittle the staff, even 17 year old kids, I have witnessed it first hand.
The owner tries to be a good person and works with those he directly trains but there is a management staff that as far as I know in order to feed her own ego she belittles the other staff, and walks all over them like they where her own little steps to success.

this is what I see, and I am very disappointed in the way this company carries it's self
Pros
30% off food, no matter where you live this store is close to get to
Cons
management makes people uncomfortable and belittles them, if your into being verbally abused then this is a company to work for
fun work space
inside staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2016
at domino's I learned to multitask in a fast paced environment and how to interact professionally and efficiently with costumers
Highly efficient and enjoyable workplace
Crew Member, Saturday Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 30, 2016
At dominos there is a high level of care and affection towards getting the jobs at hand done. There is also a good care to ensure that everyone enjoys the workplace and have an equal, fair and safe experience. The people that work together are all very nice. I learned to interact well with diverse people and eventually learned to become the acting manager on Saturdays. Knowing how to properly supervise and coordinate coworkers and work alongside them helps create the most fun and effective workplace we can have.
Short hours
PIZZA DELIVERY EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 27, 2016
Decent hours, usually around dinner time. Made decent money as a delivery driver as long as tips were good. Weren't very clear with my responsibilities and often got backed up with too many orders
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Short hours
Friendly Workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 23, 2016
I Love to work here work expirence of domino is Good and the environment of the domino pizza is very Good. and the Quality of Food is very good
Productive, Fun workplace
In-store & Driver (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MBMarch 22, 2016
Working at Domino's was/is a great time, learning the preparation of food, being with customers, angry or happy. At the end of the day it was always a great day at Domino's
Enjoyable
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent / St. Thomas, ONMarch 17, 2016
They taught me things that I never knew. I enjoyed the people I worked with. I got relocated. I never knew about pizza competitions until I started working there.
Unfair and careless
Assist Manager/Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 17, 2016
Come to work with people who dont want to work. Management doesn't care about employees. hardest part is being able to your job the best that you can. I've learned how to multi task and to work under high stress environment. I like the relationships that i have made.
Pros
lived really close to my job
Cons
Working all the time
needs to train employees better
Customer Service Representative and cook (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCMarch 8, 2016
was not to bad but i did not get trained right when i was there
i worked 6 days on 1 day off 8-12 hours a day witch i liked. but was told to keep quite about the job when injured if i wanted to keep my job
Pros
longs hours and over time
Cons
talks employees out of WCB
Delivery Expert (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MBMarch 3, 2016
The store manager (not store owner) had issues with staffing and determining from good or terrible staff choices. Good time though.
Best place
Pizza specialist/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEFebruary 26, 2016
Very welcoming, one of the best places I have ever worked at. I would defiantly work there again if I lived in Moncton. You defiantly have to work hard but it does pay off.
Friendly team environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Relatively simple tasks were required. Management was engaged and friendly, while also being easy going. Co-workers were sociable and cooperative. I learned how to communicate with customers over the phone. The hardest part regarding this job was making sure everything was completed on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction i had with my co-workers.
Pros
Light work load
Cons
Late hours