Dominion Sportservice

Dominion Sportservice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not worth the hassel
cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2015
Pros: Free buffet, get to hear concerts
Cons: Low pay, bad management, few hours
Concession managers treat their staff terribly. If you want to be treated with little to no respect for very little money than this is the company for you.
Fun and exciting at every job shift
Cashier/Team Leader - Part time/Seasonal (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Good staff morale and free buffet during the Oilers games
Cons: Long hours and low pay rate
I definitely learned a lot in the fast paced environment.
The pay rate was not that good but I appreciates the good work experience I achieved working in the concessions.
Fun environment, not your standard 9-5
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free food, concert environment, fun staff
Cons: work life balance - event schedule means some late nights unfortunately
Fun environment, many fun characters that make it an interesting day, every day. The HR office tends to be a hub of activity, excellent to hone your skills in administrative/decisive thinking/high volume recruitment. Diverse personalities to discuss issues in the HR office brings different trains of thought to each situation (definitely a pro)
it was a fun and an enjoyable work environment
Food Prep (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2015
Pros: every oilers games we get free food up to the 3rd period then no more
A typical day for me working there was I get to the stand I was assigned for the day and wash hands and then prepare the, help the cashiers and check on the food if low make more. I have learned quite a bit there will be people you like and people you don't like I have also come to know that there are jobs you don't like but you have suck it up sometimes and do it. my co-workers they are mostly down to earth when they are not stressed out by the customers. the hardest part about the job I would say is either doing the spoils, the cleaning, or keeping up with the food. I would say the most enjoyable part about the job is when we finally close because then no one is yelling and screaming down each others throats.
one of the worst jobs i ever had
kitchen worker (Former Employee), edmontonApril 24, 2015
Pros: gross lunches
Cons: co workers specifically one female sous chef
don't believe what they say to you upon being hired this company has no etiquette or proper food knowledge everything is frozen and their sous chefs are inept along with the executive chef/so called manager. if you want to be a good chef this is not the place to work.
Terrible culture,no work life balance
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2014
Pros: free food, decent experience, benefits
Cons: no work life balance, low pay, terrible management.
Exposed to many different aspects of HR, however there is very little support from management team. Overall co workers were friendly however the position is not worth the pay offered. Enjoyed working in an exciting work environment that is fast paced.
Dominion sportservice is a fun place to work just not a lot of shifts
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 17, 2014
Cons: i work long hours
A typical day at work prep per for lunch for Hockey games and concerts, Maintain sanitized environment to meet industry standard, Cashier, prepare orders to meet costumer expectation,
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 15, 2013
It was fun, hands on work experince. I learned food safety, self-serve.
I maintined healthly realtionships with co-workers and employers. The hardest part of the job was fast pace of job duties but after 3 days of working I kept up with the pace. The part I loved most about this job was the exciting experience to be in such a position where there was lots enthusiasiam with co-workers and guests. Concerts where my main favorite to work at.
Industry