Reports To: Suites Manager/Food & Beverage Manager
About Us: This position is located at Rexall Place in Edmonton, Alberta. This arena seats 17,000 and is home to The Edmonton Oilers NHL hockey team. Rexall Place is one of the premier sporting and entertainment venues in Edmonton hosting big ticket events such as the Canadian Finals Rodeo, Pavorotti, Paul McCartney, Metallica as well as many other special events. Delaware North Companies Sportservice is the premier food and beverage provider for this facility, as well as for Telus Field in Edmonton, Alberta. This is a part-time event based role.
- The Suites Captain is responsible for the supervision and control of the Luxury Suites. Maintaining positive client and customer relations as well as supervising the activities of unit employees.
- Maintain positive client and customer relations (investigate complaints)
- Ensure customer service standards are maintained
- Assist in expediting of food and beverage as required
- Ensure accuracy in suites computer generated information, follow up with any discrepancies prior to event starting
- Direct activities of all Suites personal; instruct employees on policies, procedures, duties and activities
- Minimum of 2 yrs supervisory experience within food service industry (in a finedining setting is an asset)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of handling cash and inventory efficiently
- Knowledge of alcohol service regulations a must (pro-serve certification a requirement)
- Familiar with standard food and beverage equipment
- Vast food safe experience
NOTE* this role requires the successful candidate to arrive for work 3hrs prior to misc events and 4hrs prior to Oilers games. Oilers games are mandatory work days, misc events are on a rotation system with all Captains.
Please apply online at dsss-edmonton.com or fax resume to 780-414-4174